The Multiverse: Prime

Comments

• Wow you're confident about it. Well if your theory is correct then making Emma be less of a romantic, when it came to things would help. Such as your choice reflects.

Sadly, I know I'm not. It would be paranoid to distrust Herntz or Pierce, you know, the guys who never gave me a reason. Lucios meanwhile is

• Yes, it would help a lot! I don't want her to be even the slightest bit involved with that beast. Sadly, she already has a crush on him, but I'll be damned if I'm going to allow it developing into anything deeper.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Wow you're confident about it. Well if your theory is correct then making Emma be less of a romantic, when it came to things would help. Such as your choice reflects.

• edited August 2016

Well I believe she's more than a little passionate with him. If she was more confident in herself and had better social skills it definitely would have gone past flirting years ago. Especially considering how viciously outcasted she was from social circles all of her life and that's not even counting her issues with Marlone and the deaths of what were most likely her two best friends in an incredibly traumatic experience (which will be fully explained once Emma's project is revealed). In her desire to find love and comfort she's become......a bit obsessive.

Also, am I right in sensing some Luke hatred vibes from your text?

Yes, it would help a lot! I don't want her to be even the slightest bit involved with that beast. Sadly, she already has a crush on him, but I'll be damned if I'm going to allow it developing into anything deeper.

• I wonder what she even sees in him. He's slimy, he's a pile of shit, he's not even the slightest bit genuine. Someone who is genuinely friendly, like Herntz or Stevens, with them I could understand it, but Lucios? He's got nothing going for him but good looks and superficial charms. Emma knows nothing about that guy, despite knowing him for years. I just hope she'll manage to deal with it once she realizes what a monster he is. Not like it's hard to see, but still, she should be stronger than that.

Am I right in sensing some Luke-like vibes from your text?

Hah, no. No, not at all. When it comes to my feelings, Lucios ain't shit compared to Luke. Like I explained in Silicon, my hatred for Luke went way beyond the actual character, I even hated the idea of the character. Lucios is a slimy pile of shit and since I never like sociopaths, I also find him to be rather flat. Luke is insufferable and something that ruins stories. They can't be compared.

Well I believe she's more than a little passionate with him. If she was more confident in herself and had better social skills it definitely

• Well it's for several reasons which haven't really had time to be fully explained in-story yet. First is that Lucios has always supported her projects and ideas (Something she never found outside her family). He's defended her against Marlone for years, whether she needed it or not and he was the only one who could successfully help her cope with the loss of her friends.

As for her attraction being superficial , well i'm sorry if I failed to convey it, but really its not. Emma never looks at people superficially, especially do to her experiences in life. She cares more about peoples actions and values, with appearance being secondary feature in her mind. She fell in love with Lucios because he didn't judge her or see her as someone to humiliate and defended her despite what others said. In a way that she subconsciously connected him to her brother who she admired all of her life.

But do to her upbringing she barely trusted Lucios through their first year or so. It was only after learning more about the hardships he faced in his life and finally seeing his actions as true that she fell for him. She even started rellying on him for support over the years. But her fear of being rejected and losing someone so dear to her basically took over her person. But overtime it was starting to hurt her. During all of this she tried her best to convince herself she only admired him as a person. It's only now due to YOUR choices ("I might be in love with him") that she's fully explored her emotions and started to consider getting together.

(Yeah I've been waiting for an Emma P.O.V to come along were it feels natural for her to reflect on emotions that have lasted 7 years of her life. I might even end up making a miny story where Emma's '7 years' backstory can be fully explored)

I wonder what she even sees in him. He's slimy, he's a pile of shit, he's not even the slightest bit genuine. Someone who is genuinely frien

• edited August 2016

but right now it seems people began to hate Lucios enough to stop the romance going

edit: to hide offtopic

Well it's for several reasons which haven't really had time to be fully explained in-story yet. First is that Lucios has always supported he

• edited August 2016

It's not even that I dislike 3D, I don't like badly done ones

I have no issues with well done faces for Mass Effect, or The Wolf Among Us, or Dragon Age, or Venetica, or the MMO Rift / TOR / Secret World

etc, even if I admit I do like well done 2D as well, and it is harder to mess up those

but for characters I prefer a full written description, and if I sometimes have to show examples myself I do it with real humans, I did such for the hairstyle of Max as example

m

Hope Zoey won't be that bad as you now think of her because of the picture, lol.

I thought she's a student, not even in university yet, but that face looks for me as if she's in the late twenties, early thirties, this is also why I prefer written descriptions. Sorry if this offends you I just want to be frank and clear with my opinion.

as for the twins, I admit I feel as Lord does a bit focus too much on Zoey, but I don't mind unless he continues that once the twins arrive who are meant to look much better than any human teen

Mathea posted: »

Now at least I know not to share my character visualizations with you, since you seem to be full 2D fan due to all the anime you watched I g

• Well he did make a very awkward conversation with Herntz where basically said he enjoyed how frustrated and desperate Emma became over the years to be with him.

So i guess its somewhat understandable.

• edited August 2016

Well considering the twins didn't exist till a week ago i couldn't really get ready for them.

The twins will probs be some of the most attractive characters in Prime. And possibly end up being the only ones to manage it without being that way since the begining. But Zoey will remain the same.

joriandrake posted: »

It's not even that I dislike 3D, I don't like badly done ones I have no issues with well done faces for Mass Effect, or The Wolf Among Us

• Also. I think that you're being too hard on Mathea here. It might not be perfect but its not as terrible as you make it out to be.

It's not even that I dislike 3D, I don't like badly done ones I have no issues with well done faces for Mass Effect, or The Wolf Among Us

• Well, you knew they are coming even before I wrote Sherwinlock, but I see your point.

Well considering the twins didn't exist till a week ago i couldn't really get ready for them. The twins will probs be some of the most at

• It's not even that I dislike 3D, I don't like badly done ones

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold it right there! I am, by nature, not someone who enjoys conflict, but that here takes things a bit too far.

First of all, you say you have no issue with the faces in games, like the ones you mentioned above. I don't know if you've realized it, but that picture got its origin in Skyrim, only that it got heavily edited and modified to fit into a modern setting. Not so unimpressive anymore, huh?
    Second, this is anything but badly done. I'm sure you have seen truly badly done 3D and I'm sure you can see the difference. This image is great and gives a nice idea of how the character is supposed to look. Frankly, your opinion on this matter is plain wrong. As a matter of fact, I know many people who appreciate these images greatly. I am among them and I have only seen positive comments whenever Mathea posted one of these images in FoT. They are impressive and are a welcome addition to the stories here.
    Third, dismissing her work as badly done without offering any sort of constructive criticism is just plain rude and absolutely uncalled for. If you have nothing positive or even just helpful to say about the image, then perhaps it's better to just be silent about it. Mathea put a lot of work into it, I personally enjoy it a lot and I find it to be highly unfair to call it badly done and to tell her to stop doing that. Seriously man, not cool!

• edited August 2016

As for her attraction being superficial , well i'm sorry if I failed to convey it, but really its not.

It appears you have misunderstood me. I did not meant to imply that Emma's attraction is superficial. I mean, I'm sure in her opinion she has great reasons to fall for Lucios. It's him whom I find superficial and shallow, but he admittedly does a good job in hiding that fact, at least to the other characters. He can't fool me and I hope the others will see through his plainly visible evilness before it is too late.

I mean, now that you point it out, I can understand why Emma developed feelings for him, but that does not make it any less horrific. Like most sociopaths, Lucios is a gifted manipulator, so I don't blame Emma for this situation. She's the victim and I hope she can free herself of him. It appears he plays a seriously long game to win her trust and love, which makes me hate him even more. I mean, seven damn years! That guy officially can't go any lower in my opinion.

It was only after learning more about the hardships he faced in his life

And what kind of hardship could that be? Some failed scheme? A manipulation that did not work out as planned? An intended victim that did not fall for his lies? That cold-blooded bastard lied to her about his past to gain sympathy points, didn't he? Hardships my ass.

It's only now due to YOUR choices ("I might be in love with him") that she's fully explored her emotions and started to consider getting together.

Oh my god! God no! What the fuck have we done? Fuck. Fuck! That is, by far, the worst choice ever. This is even worse than that stupid Nick choice about punching a guy with a gun. Emma must get away from that monster! To be fair though, she was clearly having these feelings even before and she did a bad job in hiding them. This is not good, oh no, this is not good at all.

Well it's for several reasons which haven't really had time to be fully explained in-story yet. First is that Lucios has always supported he

• edited August 2016

but right now it seems people began to hate Lucios enough to stop the romance going

What romance are you speaking of? Can't you see that there is no romance here? Trust me, I am the last person to stop a romantic storyline for my characters and in 99% I'm even actively encouraring it, but that here is no romance. There is just a cold-blooded sociopathic monster manipulating Emma into developing feelings for him, so that he can use her for his own evil goals. Is that what you wish to happen? It must not be. And yes, I will do whatever it takes to stop that madness from ever developing into something that is guaranteed to hurt or even kill Emma.

• God damn it, I haven't even thought about that conversation! That gives me even more reason to despise the very ground he walks on. Seriously, how can anyone not see what an evil piece of shit he is? I hope the others will realize how wrong they are if they hope for a romance between Emma and that monster, because that must not happen. I just hope they will realize it before it is too late to save her. It's official, Lucios has to die.

Well he did make a very awkward conversation with Herntz where basically said he enjoyed how frustrated and desperate Emma became over the years to be with him. So i guess its somewhat understandable.

• 100% agree.

I try my best to be diplomatic and see other people's views. But just reading your argument i find myself completely agreeing with every single thing you said.

Jorian just took it too far.

It's not even that I dislike 3D, I don't like badly done ones Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold it right there! I am, by nature, not someone wh

• As I said, in my opinion that face looks as if she's in the late twenties, early thirties, not a character in her teens before university. That is my constructive criticism.

I am glad you appreciate the image, but she posted it in reply to me, and I believe my honest opinion is called for rather than to ignore the image, as she seems to have already felt offended by ignoring an earlier image she sent me twice.

I see a lot of images that are not up to my standards, heck I stopped drawing portraits and 3D modeling characters because my own images are not up to my own standards, but I won't go around and bash images, in fact I avoid commenting whenever possible because I know those must have taken effort, but in this case it was a reply to my comment, and as such I gave my opinion as I couldn't just ignore it for the THIRD TIME, that's all.

It wasn't meant to create conflict, it was just my art criticism, and I felt it impolite to not react now.

Also, I couldn't play Skyrim before I heavily modded it. So yes I know it is already an upgrade to the normal face options there, but it is still too old and the background is a cgtrader 3D interior design, athough I can't point out what mod she used for the character itself, UNP or CBBE or something else, maybe a face mod.

https://img-new.cgtrader.com/items/43213/large_photorealistic_interior_collection_3d_model_cb2c0302-bcef-4a2c-b4bc-239e80ce5601.jpg

counter example, a 3D face collab with Cubiko
    c

but I don't like most of his work either

I also have to press I like Mathea as person, but I won't lie to her (?) when I already avoided replying twice about an image of hers. I give my honest opinion. And I stand by my earlier comments that a) I prefer written character descriptions to images and b) I find the face too old to fit a young pre-university student. I hope Mathea understands that this is just my opinion and that I wanted to avoid disrespecting her and as such I made it clear. If I don't get asked for it I won't share it.

and if you wonder what my standard is if considering 2D these are good examples:

s

n

omj

Perhaps you understand my stance now better as I also shared that I don't even draw myself characters anymore because I hate my own lack of skill, I hate how I can't get shading correct, and I hate my work even more because I actually learned Art & Drawing for 4 years in school before I switched to informatika/IT and politics. I work now only as hobby texture artist and minor 2D grapher, and do even those lazily, like on those coat of arms.

It's not even that I dislike 3D, I don't like badly done ones Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold it right there! I am, by nature, not someone wh

• edited August 2016

now that she appeared you shall know we in average send 3-4 PMs per day to each other to discuss characters and intros, and background data, so I had a clear understanding of what had been done and when the time would be to post, especially as in PM he also wrote to come soon in a few hours, so yes, I had great anxiety/anticipation for it

in Kiki's case we actually discussed the post itself, I read it before it got posted here, with only minor changes and the bike scenes being added after I saw it

AgentZ46 posted: »

I don't mean to start an argument, but would you stop pushing him? I get it's taking a hell of a long time but you're constantly pressuring him. Give him a break, it'll be out when it's ready.

• edited August 2016

Well, it isn't just your vote for that choice, and we may still get further votes on their relationship down the road no matter the current outcome, actually it is highly likely. Let's just agree to disagree here.

edit: to hide a part of discussion to avoid getting too much offtopic in the story

but right now it seems people began to hate Lucios enough to stop the romance going What romance are you speaking of? Can't you see

• Of course I know that there is not only my choice in this matter, but since it is my character, I hope to convince the others not to screw her over by making her fall for that sociopath even further. I absolutely hope there will be more choices on this and that every single one of them is going to distance Emma from him again, since it will be for her best. Although, could you explain what exactly we are disagreeing on here? I mean, I hope you don't mean to tell me that you want for Emma to get together with a guy that is only playing with her feelings and manipulating her for his own goals. It's not exactly clear to me what your opinion on this actually is about and how it clashes with my own.

• I hope you don't mean to tell me that you want for Emma to get together with a guy that is only playing with her feelings and manipulating her for his own goals. It's not exactly clear to me what your opinion on this actually is about and how it clashes with my own

Are you certain he is like you think? Even if he is, isn't there a chance Emma would change him for the better?

I also forgot Emma was your character, so that is my mistake, that means you know her the best, but unexpected things can still happen.

Of course I know that there is not only my choice in this matter, but since it is my character, I hope to convince the others not to screw h

• edited August 2016

I am fine with the outcome, and I just went back to check what you choose and wrote at that option, it was this:

["Ok, i might be a bit in love"] Perhaps a tiny, little bit, eh? It is barely noticeable, really.

edit: hiding offtopic/offstory

As for her attraction being superficial , well i'm sorry if I failed to convey it, but really its not. It appears you have misunders

• Jorian just took it too far.

too far with what exactly? my honest opinion? something I wrote? which part is what I 'took it too far' with?

100% agree. I try my best to be diplomatic and see other people's views. But just reading your argument i find myself completely agreeing with every single thing you said. Jorian just took it too far.

• Are you certain he is like you think? Even if he is, isn't there a chance Emma would change him for the better?

I am absolutely certain he is like I think or even worse. Trust me, it warms my heart when one of my characters finds love and usually I actively encourage such a thing, so I really don't make this step easily, but Lucios must be stopped. He is manipulating her in cold blood, like a sociopath would do. You can't change a sociopath for the better. And even if there would be a chance to redeem him, it is far more likely that he is just going to use Emma and toss her away once he no longer needs her. The rewards are not worth the risk, not even in the slightest. Why should Emma waste time in changing someone who is so purely evil that he manipulated her for seven years?

Now, even if I am wrong, which I can guarantee you, I'm not, it can only be for the best to be cautious about him, to distrust every single move he makes and to keep Emma away from him. Worst case scenario, she and Lucios don't get together and she continues her live like she used to, maybe she'll find someone else in the end, someone even I can trust. Best case scenario, she avoids getting manipulated and potentially killed by a sociopath. In both cases, keeping her away from Lucios is far better than enforcing her obsession.

I also forgot Emma was your character, so that is my mistake, that means you know her the best, but unexpected things can still happen.

Exactly, I know her the best. She has bad people skills, which makes it perfectly understandable that she falls for Lucios that much. And I know that she needs to be kept away from that guy at all costs. Of course unexpected things can always happen, but only to a certain degree before things become unbelievable.

I hope you don't mean to tell me that you want for Emma to get together with a guy that is only playing with her feelings and manipulating h

• edited August 2016

I genuinely hate double posts :|

• Yeah, that was the first choice involving Lucios. For me back then, I already had a bad feeling about Lucios, but that was long before he did the stuff that really makes me distrust him. It was a terrible choice and I did not expect Emma's obsession with that bastard to grow so much stronger from such a tiny sentence, but that does not meant that I have to continue enforcing this madness. I have realized my error and I will stop at nothing to undo the damage my earlier choice did.

• triple and quadruple ones are worse

I genuinely hate double posts

• edited August 2016

for me, he reminds me of Rodney McKay from SGA

Yeah, that was the first choice involving Lucios. For me back then, I already had a bad feeling about Lucios, but that was long before he di

• Well IMO that choice was more whether or not Emma would be honest about her feelings or not when her friend asked about it.

Yeah, that was the first choice involving Lucios. For me back then, I already had a bad feeling about Lucios, but that was long before he di

• Yes, you definitely have a point. Back then, I had the same opinion, that it would be a choice for Emma to be honest or lie to her friend about her feelings, which was one of the reasons why I made that choice. Now however, Lord revealed that this choice strenghtened her obsession with Lucios, which is why I'm so sure that I chose wrong back then. No matter if he's a sociopath or not, she shouldn't be so obsessed with Lucios, as nothing good can come out of this.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Well IMO that choice was more whether or not Emma would be honest about her feelings or not when her friend asked about it.

• Thanks Liquid and @Lord_EAA for standing by my side. I can see that not only I felt surprised here. Lord, sorry about this drama in your topic, that was not my intention either.

As for @joriandrake, of course you can have your tastes as everyone which is understandable and I noted your criticism or even your art preferences. I won't continue this conversation as I see no sense to get my already bad mood after a day of work destroyed by some stranger in the Internet and will now apply on myself technique you used before on me: ignore. It may seem unpolite to leave such long message without counter reply, but hey, how do you call ignoring someone for like a month whom you inspired to some artistic creativity and did not even said a word of notice even if the thing is not in your taste? This was of course rhetorical question for which I don't want any response.

Gosh, I did not expect this to get to this point at all. You can call yourself master of demotivation with your radiating attitude.

Over.

• edited August 2016

Now, my apologies if I offended you somehow, I wanted to be only clear, to the point about my opinion, I still do not change that I believe written description is better and that she looks too old. As said I was unable to reply to you when the forum was bugged, if you recall PM-ing didn't work for everyone, as such yes I ignored it, and I replied you earlier it is too early to discuss characters anyway. Now please, point out which part of my comment made you and apparently half the forum get outraged at me, maybe I wrote something incorrectly or unclear, after all, English is my 4th language.

edit: and if it matters anything, I had a whole shit week, and a relative also died, so maybe this mood got into my comments as well, in which case I apologize once again

Mathea posted: »

Thanks Liquid and @Lord_EAA for standing by my side. I can see that not only I felt surprised here. Lord, sorry about this drama in your top

• It was both actually. She was both admitting to herself and to him. Hence why at the start she even said shes not sure herself if shes in love.

If she had denied her feelings she would honestly think she wasn't in love and would ignore her emotions more. Herntz would feel offended and seperated from her more.

I try to make all choices have their positives and negatives.

Yes, you definitely have a point. Back then, I had the same opinion, that it would be a choice for Emma to be honest or lie to her friend ab

• It was my way of saying that your opinion was not well worded and came out as unintencionally insulting. Especially the i don't hate part.

That's litterally saying:

"I don't hate the artstlyel. I just think you're bad"

It was so blunt, factual an lacking sympathy for the effort she clearly put. She is so proud of her work that she happily shows it to you, and you insulted it.

Jorian just took it too far. too far with what exactly? my honest opinion? something I wrote? which part is what I 'took it too far' with?

• [I would]

The reason why I dont trust Lucios is that he is always so nice with Emma but when he is with other people he is like a totally different person. He was mean to Marlone and in his talks with the others he was cold and a bit smug. Its like he has two different personalities. Maybe we are wrong and he really is a good guy who is just misunderstood but there is something weird about him.

[Let him work with Sam in peace]

There is no reason to fight. Pierce is a teacher and he should not be so childish just because he does not like Lucius.

Emma Archer Finally, it was over. The sickening feeling in my stomach was gone. I felt relieved I didn't actually have to throw up after

• edited August 2016

The reason why I dont trust Lucios is that he is always so nice with Emma but when he is with other people he is like a totally different person.

guys and their pals/bros

We all act differently towards various people, and it also depends on your current mood from work, family, or events like death in family

janitor posted: »

[I would] The reason why I dont trust Lucios is that he is always so nice with Emma but when he is with other people he is like a totally

• Anyone knows which characters aren't reader submitted? Would be helpful for statistics and a little detective work

• edited August 2016

There are several that were pmed like yours. No one but me can make an accurate list. Also, again. Stop.

Anyone knows which characters aren't reader submitted? Would be helpful for statistics and a little detective work

• VOTING CLOSED

Well to the utter relief of Liquid the vote has gone in his favor. Emma will stand firm in not abandoning her life even for a better one and will simultaneously avoid being more entranced by Lucios. The next part, posted later today (my today), should FINALLY finish the character introductions. HALELUYA!!!

Also I would like to apologize for it coming so late, I have been in many discussions with people around the forum, and even then it's been mostly about the story. Next week should have at least 3 Parts if my schedule is up to date, or at the very least 2. Anyway have a good day guys, and look forward to the part :).

• No, this is not what I mean. I dont have the feeling he is friends with the other scientists. Its like he is a professional around the other scientists, a bully around Marlone and always nice and polite around Emma. Maybe he is like this and only nice to those he likes but it is a bit strange. I feel like he is hiding something but I dont know if it is good or bad.

The reason why I dont trust Lucios is that he is always so nice with Emma but when he is with other people he is like a totally different pe

Sign in to comment in this discussion.