What episode would you rewrite?

Comments

• 1: i was joking :)
    2:concerning what lily was doing probably the same thing she does when somehow kenny sneaks up on Lee and her if you side with Lily in the game
    3:i meant to say that Lee and Clementine refused to take the supplies in the car.
    4:I Just put that there cause i wanted to have some Sort of connection to the Season 2characters.

DabigRG posted: »

WITHOUT Dialogue this time! well maybe just a little, or not depends on how much i want to annoy Dabig today To be fair, it wasn't t

• So yeah im gonna make this Rewrite as a sequel to the one i just made and then im gonna stop for a while cause i think im making too many rewrites .
    The Walking Dead Season 1 Episode 3 LONG ROAD AHEAD REWRITTEN EDITION!
    The episode opens up with Lee, Kenny and Mark running to get the supplies from the farmacy .
    If lee sided with Lily Mark will talk about what happened in the Dairy and that Lily s ´´not doing so good´´ to which Kenny will reply that she will get over it .
    if lee sided with Kenny.
    Mark will express his anger on the fact The Two of them Killed his Best Friend s father .
    When Beatrice runs out being chased by walkers ((YEAH I KNOWN THE NAMES TODAY lol :) ! ))
    There will be an argument between Mark and Kenny.
    Mark wants to Mercy kill Beatrice
    and Kenny wants to leave her there to gain more time to grab supplies. ((Also removed the leaving Lee for dead bit and replaced it with Mark being quicker than Kenny to help him out with the door))
    After grabbing the supplies you get back to the Motor Inn and there s the same argument with Kenny and Lily . Mark will side with Lily and Travis will side with Kenny cause he s Afraid of the Bandits attacking.
    Then you known the rest Carley if she s alive calls you up tells Lee to tell people about his past.
    then Lee Finds the supplies and the Bandits invade.
    Duck gets bit etc.
    now for the changes in the Lily discussion!
    Sided with Lily:
    Lily s pretty angry but will end up backing down after some time and leave the discussion on the traitor for some other time.
    Sided with Kenny:
    The Discussion goes like normally but when Lily s about to shoot Either Ben or Carley . Mark will shove them out of the way and get shot in the stomach ((The scene would be done in Slow motion)) Lily will start yelling for Katjaa to get there and start panicking ((Cause Mark s the only person she has left)) Katjaa will patch Mark up but will note that he will need Medical supplies they dont have later on ((Just to make the medicine in episode 4 more important))
    They then drive away telling Lily they will talk about what she did later.
    They get to the train and Lee can choose between taking Ben or Travis with him cause they volunteered to go with him.
    They eventually get the train moving and they have to deal with Duck ((Katjaa still suicides in this version)).
    They find Omid and Christa and remember how you get the option to tell the story of one member in the group i would have added an extra row For Mark , Carley/Doug and Travis since they re still alive.
    the rest of the episode plays out the same but with the option to talk to Travis and Mark ((If Mark got shot by Lily you can ask about the wound))

• The episode opens up with Lee, Kenny and Mark running to get the supplies from the farmacy .

K.

When Beatrice runs out being chased by walkers ((YEAH I KNOWN THE NAMES TODAY lol :) ! ))

Good for you! :lol:

There will be an argument between Mark and Kenny.
    ((Also removed the leaving Lee for dead bit and replaced it with Mark being quicker than Kenny to help him out with the door))

This is a cool addition, since it means Kenny isn't just being a dick.

Mark will side with Lily and Travis will side with Kenny cause he s Afraid of the Bandits attacking. Sided with Lily: Lily s pretty angry but will end up backing down after some time and leave the discussion on the traitor for some other time.

Now this I didn't see coming! Gives Lilly a little more standing power instead of being singled out to be in the wrong for the right reasons.

The Discussion goes like normally but when Lily s about to shoot Either Ben or Carley . Mark will shove them out of the way and get shot in the stomach ((The scene would be done in Slow motion))
    Katjaa will patch Mark up but will note that he will need Medical supplies they dont have later on ((Just to make the medicine in episode 4 more important))
    They get to the train and Lee can choose between taking Ben or Travis with him cause they volunteered to go with him.
    They find Omid and Christa and remember how you get the option to tell the story of one member in the group i would have added an extra row For Mark , Carley/Doug and Travis since they re still alive.
    the rest of the episode plays out the same but with the option to talk to Travis and Mark ((If Mark got shot by Lily you can ask about the wound))

Oh, so Mark and Travis are in it for the long hall? Okay, we'll see where this goes then.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

So yeah im gonna make this Rewrite as a sequel to the one i just made and then im gonna stop for a while cause i think im making too many re

• edited November 2016

And here we have the rewrite for episode 4 around every corner but before we do that things i forgot to put in the episode 3 rewrite:
    If Doug s alive you will teach him to shoot too ((like you teach clem)) if carley s Alive you will have a brief scene after leaving the train cart after teaching clem how to shoot . Where you will talk to carley and get the option to Kiss her or not .
    Now for the episode 4 rewrite:
    The episode starts like normal with Chuck protecting Clementine and the group arriving at the house.
    After opening the door and checking the house travis ((if he s alive)) will call you up to the first floor to tell Lee that ben was the one giving the bandits supplies before Lee can say anything about it ben will call you to deal with the zombie duck clone kid.
    Mark s talking to pete on the radio ((wanted to make a connection to Season 2))
    Where pete tells everyone his group passed by savanah and there are no boats which causes kenny to freak out and then if you ended up with Mark shot his wound will open and there s gonna be a qte sequence where you have to stop the bleeding in the confusion kenny will run away to check if what pete Said is true causing the group to go searching for him and Lily will watch over Mark.
    If Mark wasnt shot omid s leg wound opens and the same thing happens but with christa watching over omid.
    They meet molly and Lee ends up in the sewers.
    Now for the Crawford part:
    Before you leave you will get a choice between having carley/Doug stayng or Mark if Mark did not get shot gonna end of the first part. Will update this when i get home. Update:
    they then go to crawford.
    If You took Carley with you she will go get the battery with Lee and Molly . If doug s alive he will go with Christa and Vernon get the medicine and will be able to open the passcode meaning no tape Scavenger hunt <_<.
    If mark went with you there will be a choice between having him stay in the classroom with Kenny to try to bust the door open or let him go with you.
    After getting everything Ben will make his classic : ´´HEY A RANDOM FREAKING AXE ON THE DOOR SURELY I SHOULD TAKE IT OFF THE DOOR!!!´´
    Then the walkers come in and If Travis is alive when the walkers are coming to the door he tells Brie to get out off the door and holds it in her place. When the vote s going on if Travis is alive he will tell his obvious vote of keeping Ben with the group then a couple of seconds later he s gonna mention that they should get going because of the walkers then the walkers burst in and he starts shooting them off but he gets 2 bites and There will a couple QTES to shoot the walkers to get them off Travis ((If travis is not there Brie just dies like normal)).
    they then go to the door and Kenny gets the rifle and Travis asks lee to give it to him since he s already bitten and he distracts the walkers long enought for them to go up the stairs.
    The walker grabs Ben and the walker gets shot by either Carley ((If you took her with you she takes priority)) Doug ((Its randomized)) or Lily ((Also randomized))
    Now here s the major differences : If Carley s in there she will to ben and pull him up but part of the place starts collapsing resulting in her pushing ben away to where the others are and everything starts going on slow motion where Lees tries to grab her but fails resulting in her death.
    If Doug s with you he will be one of the first people going down the stairs and if mark s there its the same as doug . And you get the original choice like in the original episode.
    Now for the consequences on letting Either Doug, Carley or Mark on guard in the house.
    Carley: Carley will be alive and well when you get there telling everyone that she saw someone but Omid started screaming and she went to check on him.
    Mark: you will get a scene where you re walking back to the house and get an option to talk to anyone in the group during the walk When suddenly the radio that lee has turns on and Lee hears the stranger talking about how they should hurry home.
    When they get there the first thing they see ((If doug s alive)) is a copy of the trap Doug made in episodes 2 and 3 ((Since i did put it so that Mark was interested in it)) and then they see Mark dead with a bullet in his head and then Lily goes to mourn and burry her friend s body and she swears that she will see the Asshole that did it dead.
    Doug: Depending on if Mark s shot or not he can be either alive or dead. If mark s not shot he will hear his trap that he installed in the house ring and get himself killed and it proceeds just like Mark s death but with Lee being the one who s affected by it. If mark s shot he will ignore the ring because Mark s wounds got worse and you see him attempting to stop the bleeding when you arrive.
    You give the Medicine to Omid and ((Determinantly)) Mark and you then talk to vernon and possibly brie if Travis held the door in her place.
    Molly will talk to you about Leaving and if Mark s dead you will get choice of Giving her his radio or not.
    Then Lee goes talk to Clem and the events leading up to his bite happen.

• If Doug s alive you will teach him to shoot too ((like you teach clem))

Neat.

if carley s Alive you will have a brief scene after leaving the train cart after teaching clem how to shoot . Where you will talk to carley and get the option to Kiss her or not .

...K.

After opening the door and checking the house travis ((if he s alive)) will call you up to the first floor to tell Lee that ben was the one giving the bandits supplies before Lee can say anything about it ben will call you to deal with the zombie duck clone kid.

Fivel. And I smell drama!

Mark s talking to pete on the radio ((wanted to make a connection to Season 2))
    Where pete tells everyone his group passed by savanah and there are no boats which causes kenny to freak out and then if you ended up with Mark shot his wound will open and there s gonna be a qte sequence where you have to stop the bleeding in the confusion kenny will run away to check if what pete Said is true causing the group to go searching for him and Lily will watch over Mark.
    If Mark wasnt shot omid s leg wound opens and the same thing happens but with christa watching over omid.

Remind me, when was Mark shot?

If You took Carley with you she will go get the battery with Lee and Molly . If doug s alive he will go with Christa and Vernon get the medicine and will be able to open the passcode meaning no tape Scavenger hunt <_<.
    If mark went with you there will be a choice between having him stay in the classroom with Kenny to try to bust the door open or let him go with you.

Neat.

Then the walkers come in and If Travis is alive when the walkers are coming to the door he tells Brie to get out off the door and holds it in her place. When the vote s going on if Travis is alive he will tell his obvious vote of keeping Ben with the group then a couple of seconds later he s gonna mention that they should get going because of the walkers then the walkers burst in and he starts shooting them off but he gets 2 bites and There will a couple QTES to shoot the walkers to get them off Travis ((If travis is not there Brie just dies like normal)).
    they then go to the door and Kenny gets the rifle and Travis asks lee to give it to him since he s already bitten and he distracts the walkers long enought for them to go up the stairs.

Do I'm guessing Travis is dead now. Curious to know what you have planned for Brie, if anything.

If Carley s in there she will to ben and pull him up but part of the place starts collapsing resulting in her pushing ben away to where the others are and everything starts going on slow motion where Lees tries to grab her but fails resulting in her death.

Oh snap! Poor Carlee.

Carley: Carley will be alive and well when you get there telling everyone that she saw someone but Omid started screaming and she went to check on him.
    Mark: you will get a scene where you re walking back to the house and get an option to talk to anyone in the group during the walk When suddenly the radio that lee has turns on and Lee hears the stranger talking about how they should hurry home.
    When they get there the first thing they see ((If doug s alive)) is a copy of the trap Doug made in episodes 2 and 3 ((Since i did put it so that Mark was interested in it)) and then they see Mark dead with a bullet in his head and then Lily goes to mourn and burry her friend s body and she swears that she will see the Asshole that did it dead.
    Doug: Depending on if Mark s shot or not he can be either alive or dead. If mark s not shot he will hear his trap that he installed in the house ring and get himself killed and it proceeds just like Mark s death but with Lee being the one who s affected by it. If mark s shot he will ignore the ring because Mark s wounds got worse and you see him attempting to stop the bleeding when you arrive.

Spooky. Interesting that Lee is the one to get upset about Doug instead of Carley(assuming she can be alive here.).

Molly will talk to you about Leaving and if Mark s dead you will get choice of Giving her his radio or not.

Sequel hook...?

Sorry I didn't have too much to say about this one. Thanks for dedicated contributions, something even I have been neglecting a lot recently. Onward to the Final Chapter! :smile:

And here we have the rewrite for episode 4 around every corner but before we do that things i forgot to put in the episode 3 rewrite: If D

• The choice from episode one s the same in the rewrite i was Just putting up what would happen with each character and Mark got shot if lily dint back down in the episode 3 rewrite

If Doug s alive you will teach him to shoot too ((like you teach clem)) Neat. if carley s Alive you will have a brief scene af

• edited December 2016

Oh yeah, I remember visiting this site before! Didn’t you also do a comparison of Amid the Ruins and Episode 4 of Season 1?

Anyway, time to finally review this! Amid the Ruins:

Nick died or saved(bitten, holds off walkers for a while)

Brilliant way to handle that loose end, though I’m afraid some will leave her anyway because dicks.

Sarah can still be slapped, Parallels to Carlos

Agreed.

Hubs with tougher puzzles, optional conversations

K. Interactivity!

Sarah fall, Pull up Jane or Save Sarah( broken leg, Jane pulled out of view, Survivor’s guilt)

Damn…this should’ve happened in the game, tbh. The Jane getting literally dragged out thing is …odd, but an interesting touch.

Jane give nailfile/Talk with Sarah(Magic, Carlos)

Huh…Déjà vu.

Did not take medicine(Arvo tries harder to talk down group)

Neat. Again, something that would’ve been nice to have more distinctly in the game proper.

Okay, now for No Going Back:

Natasha turns and goes after Clementine, did/didn’t taught Sarah about gun (shoots Natasha/Natasha goes after her)

Déjà vu. That’s a neat way of handling all those obvious issues, though.

Sarah’s smile—suddenly shot!

What the hell?!

Talk to Jane and/or Arvo about Sarah

Thank you! This was something that was sorely needed for continuities sake, among others!

Luke(doesn’t hold it against you, neutral on plans, wants to return to Cabin, sticks around in truck) or Bonnie(mad at you, side with Mike, still has talk and smoke, apologizes for helping Arvo)

This is an interesting change.

Kenny/Jane or Luke/alone

Glad to see that Luke and by extension the Cabin Group actually has some relevance on the ending, unlike the actual game.

Kenny Endings: Same

K. Probably for the best.

Jane Ending: Howe’s, Tavia and 400 Days/random survivors, convince or leave, Shel and Becca(cool hat)

This, I really like.

Luke Ending: Cabin, Sarah picture, Goldilocks effect, bloody orange jacket, Find or Rest

Great, now I’m hearing Salty Seas. :cry: I really wish this had been in the game, since it actually speaks for who Clementine herself is at the end of the book.

Christa , Mike Daddy

…K.

This is amazing. Did you ever actually write that fic?

LoseMyHome posted: »

I actually did a rewrite shortly after the season ended, I posted it on tumblr here. (Not posting it here because it's way too long, also I'

• Haha no. I started on it but I didn't like the first person perspective I took on Clementine so I just never finished it. My perspective on Mike has drastically changed since the time of writing so don't take that into consideration. And yes, I also did a comparison of Amid the Ruins and Around Every Corner!

Oh yeah, I remember visiting this site before! Didn’t you also do a comparison of Amid the Ruins and Episode 4 of Season 1? Anyway, time

• Haha no. I started on it but I didn't like the first person perspective I took on Clementine so I just never finished it.

Oh.

My perspective on Mike has drastically changed since the time of writing so don't take that into consideration.

Okay, it was just so random.

And yes, I also did a comparison of Amid the Ruins and Around Every Corner!

I thought I recognized that site! Yeah, I remember reading it a while back for whatever reason.

Haha no. I started on it but I didn't like the first person perspective I took on Clementine so I just never finished it. My perspective on

• Oh

Well, it was that and also time constraints. I already have two lengthy unfinished fics, I didn't need a third. And at this point even if a wrote a quick one it doesn't matter much now with season 3 coming up.

Haha no. I started on it but I didn't like the first person perspective I took on Clementine so I just never finished it. Oh.

• I understand. Anyway, good job you lazy cuss! :smile:

Oh Well, it was that and also time constraints. I already have two lengthy unfinished fics, I didn't need a third. And at this point even if a wrote a quick one it doesn't matter much now with season 3 coming up.

• Season 2 Episode 4. DUUUUUUHHHHHH

• Okay, now give some specific pointers so that the community can get the gist of your ideas.

AronDracula posted: »

Season 2 Episode 4. DUUUUUUHHHHHH

• I don't have much to say but I would make this episode focus on Clementine and Sarah.

Okay, now give some specific pointers so that the community can get the gist of your ideas.

• Agreed. The trailer, as well as a few rumors about the episode's production and a few suspicious details in the final version, made me think that Sarah was gonna be a significant player in the epiosde.

I don't have much to say but I would make this episode focus on Clementine and Sarah.

• I have more changes in mind for s2 but not whole episode rewrites really thought out

• Matthew and Walter actually interacting
    • Kenny dies for Sarita's sake instead, giving her actual development. This would change amid the ruins and no going back a lot since Sarita isn't like Kenny, and wouldn't lash out at people making people scared of her. Also Rebecca could be the one to kill Carver instead before they leave Howe's.
    • Instead of the group of random Russians, have Tavia, 400 days characters, more Howe's people come after them.
    • Jane leaves and stays gone, Christa returns instead
    • The other character's actually treat Sarah with respect and understand as to why she is so upset about Carlos being dead.
    • The whole mindset of the only the strongest deserve to live and survive is not a thing
    • Luke actually cares more about Nick being upset after he loses Pete, and doesn't just shrug it off like his best friend's feelings don't matter.
  • Ah, okay.

The choice from episode one s the same in the rewrite i was Just putting up what would happen with each character and Mark got shot if lily dint back down in the episode 3 rewrite

Yes..good idea.

Kenny dies for Sarita's sake instead, giving her actual development. This would change amid the ruins and no going back a lot since Sarita isn't like Kenny, and wouldn't lash out at people making people scared of her. Also Rebecca could be the one to kill Carver instead before they leave Howe's.

...mind blowing great idea. would also give Clementine more development.

Instead of the group of random Russians, have Tavia, 400 days characters, more Howe's people come after them.

Good idea...actually believable

Jane leaves and stays gone, Christa returns instead

Stretching believability here...2 missing companions reappearing a season is lazy writing.

The other character's actually treat Sarah with respect and understand as to why she is so upset about Carlos being dead.

Good...though she is still detrimental due to her issues, never forget.

The whole mindset of the only the strongest deserve to live and survive is not a thing

This is a detrimental issue that could get people killed...ie Nick going to get help for Sarah and getting killed.

I have more changes in mind for s2 but not whole episode rewrites really thought out * Matthew and Walter actually interacting * Kenny

Neat. Though I must ask what does that mean for Nick’s character arc.

Kenny dies for Sarita's sake instead, giving her actual development. This would change amid the ruins and no going back a lot since Sarita isn't like Kenny, and wouldn't lash out at people making people scared of her. Also Rebecca could be the one to kill Carver instead before they leave Howe's.

Ooh, big changes ahead! I definitely agree that it would’ve been a more interesting if Kenny died early on to see the effect it would have on a character that was pretty transparently just there to be an accessory to him.
    Also, yet another victim to Kenny’s spotlight hogging is the fact that most of the Cabin get little resolution to the storyline with their archenemy. Having Rebecca actually make the kill would make her character a little more effective, especially if that meant we could’ve gotten some elaboration on her, Alvin, and Carver’s history.

Instead of the group of random Russians, have Tavia, 400 days characters, more Howe's people come after them.

You’re not the only one I’ve seen say that, but it would make the entire Season’s plot feel more united, not to mention giving some actual worthwhile payoff to 400 Days. Though I still maintain that the Russian could’ve made for an interesting plot, particularly where Clementine, Jane, and maybe Sarah’s personal ethics and methods are concerned, not to mention the sequential contrast of having Buricko/Arvo take the role of Big Bad from Carver.

Jane leaves and stays gone, Christa returns instead

A random train of thought seems to be catching on…how weird.

The other character's actually treat Sarah with respect and understand as to why she is so upset about Carlos being dead.

To be fair, Jane (and to a lesser extent Luke of all people and by neglect Kenny) was the only character who was unsympathetic to Sarah’s dilemma and it was the writers/developers themselves who hated her (and that’s not even your typical fanboy exaggeration). Rebecca in particular was quick to reach out to her and was perfectly understanding of her touchiness; she also determinately breaks into tears if Sarah fell victim to Jane’s influence and died alongside Nick. Bonnie and Mike also show concern for her, with Mike taking the time to make sure she leaves with the group if told to help Kenny and Bonnie seen crying when she dies. Honestly, the fact that Kenny was going through a similar loss is yet another sign of wasted opportunities, especially given their differences despite their relatively similar characters.

The whole mindset of the only the strongest deserve to live and survive is not a thing

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but the Social Darwinism angle in itself wasn’t a problem (well, it was, but you get the point), but the way it was utilized. It makes up 70% of Carver’s barebones characterization and is part of why Jane is so “Dark and Tortured,” but it never really gets any definitive resolution and just disappears from the story with AJ’s birth, Kenny and Jane’s increasing insanity/unlikability, and Arvo’s Face-Heel Turn, which makes, Carlos, Sarita, Nick, and especially Sarah’s (and by extension, Jane’s motivations) deaths seem hypocritical, inconsistent, needlessly means-pirited, and excessively contrived in hindsight.

Luke actually cares more about Nick being upset after he loses Pete, and doesn't just shrug it off like his best friend's feelings don't matter.

I agree that this is something that could’ve been a little touched up, but I can’t help but think that people are exaggerating about that. From what I can tell from rewatching the cutscenes numerous times, Luke did seem to care about Nick’s depression but leading the group to safety after Carver stopped by was more important, so he asked Clementine to help him keep an eye out for Nick as they traveled. The business involving the bridge, Matthew, and Walter solidified this observation in that Luke was definitely giving Nick some time off in favor of working with Clementine while he recovers, trying to reason with him about his stability following Pete’s death but being prevented from getting anywhere by Carlos’s concern and Nick’s own temper, and trying to keep Nick’s guilt about what happened from getting him killed.

I have more changes in mind for s2 but not whole episode rewrites really thought out * Matthew and Walter actually interacting * Kenny

• And get rid of all the plotholes.

I don't have much to say but I would make this episode focus on Clementine and Sarah.

• Oh yes, don't need too many of those. What are your biggest pet peeves?

And get rid of all the plotholes.

• edited December 2016

Of this certain episode? Tons!

1. Arvo, if you don't steal his medicine, has no reason at all to come after us, yet does it anyway. Either it's a plothole, or Arvo's just plain evil
    2. EVERY SINGLE DEATH SCENE
    3. The town that was across the river from the gift shop was never discovered.
    4. The last 2 seconds of the episode. It ends with Arvo's group (and they have more advanced weaponry, mind you) surrounding Clementine's group, and somehow in the next episode, it's revealed that NO ONE FROM CLEM'S GROUP DIES. That's the literal definition of unrealism.

And that's only the beginning of all my pet peeves with this episode.

Oh yes, don't need too many of those. What are your biggest pet peeves?

• The walking dead Season 1 Episode 4 rewrite just one thing i forgot
    I forgot to put in that rewrite how convincing the people in the group would go.
    Carley/Doug: Will always go with you unless you choose to go alone.
    Kenny:Instead of basing the entirety of the decision on if you Killed ben or not i would change it so that the game would check how many times you sided with him on a point system like this: ((To get Kenny to come with you you would need 7 points
    Saved duck in episode 1: +2 points ((saving Shawn results in a -1 point))
    Sided with kenny against Larry: +3 points((siding with Larry results in -2 points))
    Killed larry: +2 points ((Not killing Larry results in -3 points))
    gave food to duck: +3 points ((not giving him food results in -1 points))
    talked kenny down: +1 point
    Fought kenny: -1 point
    Saved Ben: -2 points ((because its a very recent event ))
    Killed ben: +1 point
    Christa and Omid: Same as in the original game
    Ben: Same thing.
    Lily: Lily will only go with you if you tried to save her dad in starved for help
    Mark: if you killed Larry you would have a mini discussion with him and you would be able to convince him but if you tried to save Larry he will go with you instantly.

• edited June 2017

The walking dead season 1 episode 5 Rewrite:
    Now at the start of the episode let s assume you got everyone to go with you . When you have the choice to cut Lee s arm off the order on who would cut Lee s arm off would be:
    1:Lily if you tried to save her dad.
    2:Christa
    3:Kenny
    4:Carley
    5:Mark if you re on good terms with him . ((If you re not he doesnt do it))
    When you get to the part where you re supposed to ring the bell you can choose someone to do it instead of you:
    Either Carley,Kenny or Lily.
    when you get back to the Mansion if you took everyone with you , You will hear Brie s voice and you discover that she did not agree with her group on stealing the boat and they left her there (if you did not have Travis with you there will only be a note Vernon left like in the game))
    Brie will ask if she can Stay with lee s group and you can choose between letting her in or not ((if you cut Lee s hand off she will ask about it and Lee will tell her and if you dint cut it she will discover it when you re on the attic ))
    When the zombies come and you get the option to tell everyone what to do if you give out a set of orders right the house will hold for a while but the walkers will still get in and they will escape to the attic. If you get the orders wrong: a zombie breaks one of the windows and Bites either Mark or Ben ((Its ben if mark died))
    they escape to the attic and have the same talk as in the normal game.
    When you jump from the other building either Mark or Ben fall off ((If mark s alive he falls , If he s not Ben falls))
    you and Kenny try to help Mark/Ben but instead of the scene we get in episode 5 Kenny will mercy Kill Mark/ben
    and close the door and go up the stairs with Lee.
    You will get the scene where the radio falls down the hole in that building and Kenny jumps to help Christa.
    After you pull Christa up Lily and Carley ((If carley s alive)) will jump in there and Help Kenny since they still had some ammo .
    Lee Tells carley to Try to meet them at the Train but Carley doesnt listen to you because she s backed into a corner and shooting the walkers.
    Christa will have a talk with Lee attempting to Confort him but at the same time she tells him she knowns she should give him some space because she would not known what she would do if she lost Omid.
    Lee,Ben,Christa,Omid and Brie proceed to the thing which is not a death trap ((referencing what Omid said))
    Lee goes down fights the walkers and the rest of the episode proceeds like normal .
    Extra:
    Im gonna add something here from Flash jack s thread about Ideas for choices in the games which i found really interesting
    Firstly the Car scene where you steal the stranger s Supplies would have an extra choice where you could steal only half of the supplies if you pick to take them first Telling the rest of the group that the other boxes are empty which results in The Stranger showing up with his Son Adam at the Motel and Adam Would end up shooting his Father after realizing he had gone insane and going with Lee and Clementine ((Im not including this in my Rewrites i just thought it was a good idea i saw in her thread.))

• edited December 2016

Okay, I'm linking thishere on behalf of @Bon-Bon because I completely forgot it was a thing. She can post the original stuff here if she feels like it, but I will be including my review:

Oh,okay. Still works within the [admittedly huge] constraints I've provided, but good job anway! :smile:

Review time!

Go with Nick or Go with Pete:

Oh my goodness-I love this change! This is an example of bending the official story for a great payoff! Especially since it gives Alvin a chance to prove he's "not nice," even if it is basically mercy. I assume Pete has the same basic reaction he has in the actual game?

Alvin or Walter:

A bit dickish of Walter to let Alvin die for what Nick did, but okay.

In Harm's Way: There would be minimal differences in this episode, probably just dialogue, until the end. However, Kenny does not lose his eye if Walter is with the group. His tone is more calm in general. The escape takes place in the usual way, except no one gets to kill Carver. Carver is overwhelmed by walkers while pursuing the group out of the loading dock. He does get one shot off, taking either Alvin or Walter out. Carlos is clipped by Tavia's bullet and devoured on the spot. SORRY! I think his death was necessary to Sarah's development. Sarah panics and bolts with Luke and Nick or Pete hot on her heels. The scene with Sarita does not occur. Neither does the scene of Jane shooting Troy. Sarita survives the herd along with the rest of the group.

Yeah, Carlos is among the characters whose deaths I'd leave in since it kinda held up a few other story developments. I await what you have planned for Sarita and Troy....

Nick/Pete or Sarah:

Neat. Nothing else to say, unfortunately. :blush:

Shootout with Arvo's Gang:

...How odd. I'd never think to get rid of Arvo himself since he kinda drove half of the final episode's plot. Or Mike for that matter.

End of Episode 5 and final decisions:

Wow. I like that you gave Bonnie a little more prominence in her actions here and I love that Sarah determinately parts ways with Clementine, with AJ being left in her custody--got me a little just thinking about it. :blush: Really would've been a great sendoff for her without dying. I also see you either let Kenny and Jane both live or you just removed the fight altogether.
    Okay, question: Does Bonnie wander off after getting shot/being let go by Clementine or something cause her corpse showing up on the the side of the road was a little random?

There would also be more opportunities to talk with most of the characters, especially those of the cabin group and also Sarita. You may also notice I made Kenny, Jane, and Bonnie less like jerks so the decisions would be more difficult. There would be much more time to develop a relationship with Pete, Nick, and Sarah depending on your choices.

Awesome.

• edited January 2017

BONUS ROUND!
    Jane s New frontier Flashback rewrite.
    The flashback starts with Clem ,Jane and ((Determinantly)) the Family fixing some things in Howe s and you get a Hub to talk to everyone .
    You still get the surname thing with AJ.
    as you re finishing Fixing a board at Howe s you hear the gate being open and you notice the Family s not there anymore. Tavia enters with the family and ((Determinantly)) people from 400 days.
    Clem and Jane get into a gun fight with Tavia and the others.
    After a while things get out of hand and Jane gets shot in the arm then you have a QTE sequence where Clem ((Clem s holding AJ)) and Jane start running from Tavia and the family.
    At some Point Clem and Jane decide to go in opposite ways.
    Clem gets chased by Tavia.
    You will get a QTE sequence like in the first episode of season 2 where you re chased by Tavia instead.
    But at some point Tavia grabs you and you manage to escape her Grip grab her Gun and Kill her. AJ had fallen from your hands from your hands When tavia grabbed Clem but no big wounds happened from the fall .
    After that you go Looking For Jane and you find a pool of Blood ,the gun that Jane was using and the Molly clone s dead body then the Screen fades to black.

• I would definitely rewrite E1 of New Frontier cause that pissed me the hell off everything was awesome in that episode but there was one thing that ruins the whole episode and SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenny or Jane dies anyways in the most stupidest ways: Kenny gets eaten by Walker's after a car accident and Jane hangs herself and turns into a walker
    Go fuck yourself TellTale for being terrible writers... -_-

• edited December 2016

And also for some reason Edith gets a better written death than Kenny and jane

• Ties that Bind

• Got a sneaking suspicious this thread is gonna be real popular for the next few days. Good thing I briefed myself before coming here.

• edited December 2016

[removed]

• edited December 2016

now we re gonna go from every rewrite being season 2 to every rewrite being a new frontier lol.

Got a sneaking suspicious this thread is gonna be real popular for the next few days. Good thing I briefed myself before coming here.

• I Predict that this thread will get filled with rewrites from the episodes of A New Frontier.

• Now for a rewrite of All that Remains:
    The episode opens up like in the original but with Ben and Brie Being there.
    When you get to the bathroom Brie goes in with you and Ben Keeps watch outside just in case anyone enters ((If Ben died it would be Brie))
    When you enter the Bathroom and Brie s with you you can talk to her and Get some more exposition on her character and Ask why she dint go With Vernon. ((Not sure how i would incorporate Michelle into this so im just gonna go to the 16 year time skip))
    They re cooking that weasel/rabbit/whatever it was. And Omid s making a couple of jokes to lighten up the Mood while Brie keeps watch and Christa tends to the fire. If Ben s there he s gonna talk about how he doesnt get any of the jokes.
    Christa then goes to look for Wood the Bandits attack and Omid makes a distraction So that Clem, Ben and Brie can run away .
    Clem and Ben get separated from Brie and end up falling in the river.
    They wake up find Sam the dog and get to the Camp where Sam s owners died.
    you then get the same Hub from episode 1 but with the addition that you can talk to Ben about what happened with the bandits .
    Sam doesnt bite Clem because Ben puts Sam s food on another plate.
    they leave the camp and Several walkers appear.
    Luke and Pete appear to save Clem and Ben.
    When you get to the house Luke has some dialogue about how its been a long time since he saw a dog and he starts Playng with Sam.
    You get a hub to talk with everyone in the cabin group .
    In the morning you go with Pete and Nick to Fish ((And you can determinantly get Ben to go with you too))
    they see the dead bodies and you find Clem s backpack and there s the same bandit who s still alive.
    If you give him Water he tells you about how Carver Doublecrossed their group and Killed several of their people and took some of them as prisoners before dyng.
    The walkers come and you get to pick between Nick and Pete but Ben s right next to pete and kills the walker that tries to bite Pete you then get a choice to follow Either Pete and Ben or Nick. Then the episode ends.

• I know, right? Though, technically, it's probably less rewrites of A New Frontier and just rewrites of those flashbacks.

now we re gonna go from every rewrite being season 2 to every rewrite being a new frontier lol.

• I am not good at writing but I can tell you the things I would have done different. I don't remember which episode is which so, I am just gonna do both episodes in 1 post sorry.
    /cracks knuckles/
    ****Spoiler for the first/second episodes of A New Frontier******

I'd rewrite this seasons (A New Frontier) first episode and have it incorporate both Javier and Clementine as the main protagonists to the story and have them switch every so often. It would be way longer, since it's the premier maybe about 2 hours in one episode. I would NOT do the Clementine in flashbacks thing. If I wanted the viewers to know what happened to Clementine I'd just have Clementine explain it so Mariana. Mariana would notice Clem is a young girl and would wonder how she survived so long by herself, and Clem would tell her what happened with her and A.J. I'd also have A.J. with Clementine instead of wherever the hell he is now because he was kind of a big deal in the second season, and a lot of people wondered what happened to him and Clem at the end of Season 2.

Instead of doing flashbacks with Clem, I would do them with Javier so we could find out more about him. I would not have killed Mariana that damn early in the game. if she were to die, I would kill her in a more tragic way since she is such a likable character, but near the end of the season. Shock deaths are okay, but they don't mean anything if I don't know anything about the damn character.

• Not sure if i should continue my saga of rewrites or Just type up a rewrite of the flashbacks lol.

• No Going Back. Luke would've survived the lake and he would've been another option between Kenny and Jane.

• Ties that Big part one. I want to make Jane and Kenny unknown, not dead. Also, keep Mariana! Kill Gabe if you want to murder children, not little cute Mariana!

• Interesting. Would it have been a threeway fight or would you have him sit it out as an alternative to the survivor?

TheCrowTJM posted: »

No Going Back. Luke would've survived the lake and he would've been another option between Kenny and Jane.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.