Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• One day she's going to roll her eyes at the wrong person...

Davissons posted: »

Clementine has developed a habit of rolling her eyes, usually when people say or do something she finds stupid. * She rolls her eyes wh

• Her lips are naturally red, the shaders in the game hides this.

Why is Clementine wearing lipstick?

• The truth is...Arvo's rifle was actually a paintball gun in disguise. Everyone only thought that Clementine was shot by a bullet.

Clem no longer has her bullet wound. Damn, Clem has those magic healing powers.

• usually when people say or do something she finds stupid.

Honestly I'd do the same.

Clementine has developed a habit of rolling her eyes, usually when people say or do something she finds stupid. * She rolls her eyes wh

• edited December 2016

Her lips are naturally red, the shaders in the game hides this.

Really? But her lips weren't naturally red to begin with, now they gotta hide it with shaders, it's like they're unnecessarily whipping themselves with this...

Her lips are naturally red, the shaders in the game hides this.

• Episode 5 ends with the words: To be Continued...IN THE 3 HOUR LONG EPISODE 6 DLC

fallandir posted: »

Then give us 6 episodes, Telltale!

• edited December 2016

I'm gonna quote myself from one of the threads now;

I honestly think that knee-kick technique (even before we meet Jane, we could've used on that bridge zombie in "House Divided") is really dumb, what if a zombie just falls on you and bites off your leg!

[response] it is kinda hard to predict the movement with mindless corpses... with that pose it does work, but what if it steps backwards, what if the zombie's back cracks and falls towards you? This concerns me.

[another response] I guess. But the risk of zombies head going towards you like a dodgeball is just not encouraging me to cheer for Clem to continue doing that. It won't work on every single one that has a good leg.

• This always stood out to me.

I like to think that Clem was being polite and went along with Jane being an all-knowing mentor.

• enter image description here

fallandir posted: »

I don't get it why they changed the title. "Divided We Fall" sounds so much better than Episode 2 Ties That Bind Part 2 hurr durr.

• edited December 2016

And I remember someone saying something about Mariana(10) being taller than Clem(13). Well... Mari is = 152.21cm. Clem is = 153.77cm

Yeah, I said Mariana was taller than Clem. I guess it was just at a certain angle that she looked taller. Though she isn't much shorter than Clem.

. @Megami_Kizukanai I don't know how you found these because I dug through the files and couldn't find these. And how come you don't post t

• And there's ambient sounds for it, too

I'm wagering that this slaughterhouse is gonna show up in episode 3

env_slaughterhouseInterior.dlog Contains the dialogues for that scene, but it's encrypted so...

• Even though Clem used the knee trick on the bridge before she met Jane, this was due to trial and error, rather than knowing it would work. Clem confirms that Jane was the one who taught her the trick when you talk to Mike and Bonnie at the civil war museum (you have to choose to go with Mike and Bonnie first to get this scene):

enter image description here

• This bothered me too.

How do you shrink those letters?

• This is probably true. With the "E1 was too big so we split it" they probably shifted some story into E3.

Deltino posted: »

And there's ambient sounds for it, too I'm wagering that this slaughterhouse is gonna show up in episode 3

• Purchase the episode 6 season pass for $25!

Gameserer posted: »

Episode 5 ends with the words: To be Continued...IN THE 3 HOUR LONG EPISODE 6 DLC

• That also explains her rainbow jacket's magic healing powers too!

RichWalk23 posted: »

The truth is...Arvo's rifle was actually a paintball gun in disguise. Everyone only thought that Clementine was shot by a bullet.

• What if you had a [Tell Her Off] option for Jane?

"Luke's gonna leave your ass, he told me so!"

• edited December 2016

I thought thehashtag increased the letters... humm

• Sounds like a child telling this to the parent's affair companion.

What if you had a [Tell Her Off] option for Jane? "Luke's gonna leave your ass, he told me so!"

• Princess

Priceless

• Looks too blurry to be anyone honestly.

• The nice users at the wiki will think it's false.

About Roxanne and Javier's Dad's name.

• Incredible!

I am claiming that username as well. "DividedWeFall."

• Much better... "the part two" really clogged up a bit of the background.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited December 2016

I'm almost certain that this point that the whole Ties That Bind Part 1 & 2 is a kind of damage control thing, for lack of better terms.

For all intents and purposes, they are indeed two separate episodes, but Telltale decided to compensate for missing the supposed November release window by releasing both episodes at once. This would allow them to be all "Hey guys, look how cool we are! We're giving you two episodes! Which are actually part of one BIG episode! This is not compensating for the missed release window, or an attempt to make people less angry about how short these episodes are!"

I mean, think about it. If episode 1 is about an hour long, can you imagine how many people would be utterly pissed? Then a month later, they put out episode 2, also short? They probably figured releasing both at once would mitigate the negative response. Not to mention it would somewhat padden the criticism towards the flashbacks and what such as well.

To put it simply, I think this whole ordeal was a business move. Whether or not it succeeded, I guess that's up to us.

This is probably true. With the "E1 was too big so we split it" they probably shifted some story into E3.

• Add a second \ mark to make it appear

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• You're right. That likely was their goal.

Didn't make fans less pissed about the length though. Everyone on the forums is still pissed about the length.

I'm almost certain that this point that the whole Ties That Bind Part 1 & 2 is a kind of damage control thing, for lack of better terms.

• Dude.... in that first picture Javier's head is on backwards....

. @Megami_Kizukanai I don't know how you found these because I dug through the files and couldn't find these. And how come you don't post t

• edited December 2016

Edits galore: #\Test

Ok I don't get it, gimme an example.

Add a second \ mark to make it appear ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• edited December 2016
    test

So the max is 5 huh... thanks for this, I'll abuse it.

• This was pointed out before however what Jane taught her is that it always works and that she can do it. I could do something by accident and never realise it was a viable skill/strategy.

• Is that Lonnie behind Clem in the episode 4 slide?

• edited December 2016

Lol wow.

Clem literally says Jane showed her lol.

all Jane taught Clem in S2 was to stab walkers in the back of the neck when they were on the ground

Since this is the "Details people might forget" thread, and since you seem to think Jane didn't teach Clem anything in S2, I might as well include all the details you forgot too. Jane not only shows Clem how to properly take walkers down by the knee, Jane also taught her to:

• Use the nail file to pick the lock on the observation deck

• Use the nail file to strike a flint or, to sharpen a blade

• Check walkers that are fresh rather than old walkers for supplies - "Old walkers are a waste of time"

• Using a sharp weapon on walkers like an awl rather than a hatchet which may get stuck

• How to make a cow-catcher and use it to navigate through a herd. Thanks to @IronWoodLover for reminding me. ;)

Jane is meant to be this "lone wolf, badass survivor" which the player, and Clem, are meant to look up to

Yeah, and Clem basically is a lone wolf badass survivor in Season 3. :)

• edited December 2016

Telltale's developed a new animation for the first time in 5 years and is excited to use it :P

• edited December 2016

As Sialark says, Clementine literally states Jane taught her the technique. If there's something off then it's that they used an animation too early or without fully thinking about it.

In the narrative she is clearly intended to have learnt the technique from Jane.

• Being totally honest that whole fight on the bridge I find ridiculous, clementine kills several walkers where as she struggles for the rest of the episode (both before and after), I always found that scene stupid and out of character

• Really? This is probably the one walker fight scene in the entire series where I'd say she actually does struggle against walkers, other than maybe the shed walker. It was hardly an easy fight. She has no backup with said backup potentially falling to their death any second, she loses her primary weapon, ends up hanging and swinging on the side from the side of the bridge...

Being totally honest that whole fight on the bridge I find ridiculous, clementine kills several walkers where as she struggles for the rest of the episode (both before and after), I always found that scene stupid and out of character

• ENHANCE!

Stop it. This is not how computers work, where are you from? You can't just yell "Enhance" at the screen.

• I like how Marianna looks badass as all hell, while Gabe is scared shitless.

• we're ralking about Telltale

We're ralking indeed.

I'm sorry I had to.

Telltale probably thought it was stupid but Kirkman thought FUCK YEAH and thus Shiva was born. I actually think that would have been a great idea if it was well managed. But we're ralking about Telltale so no.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.