Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• edited December 2016

Glad to have that guy involved with this game's music, I would've never remembered when this/that soundtrack was used at certain point.

dojo32161 posted: »

I love how after reading that comment I looked into the comment section of the video to see this chat: Batuhan Özer: Can you find kenn

• I actually picked both of those options in the game.

AronDracula posted: »

There are a lot of dialogues which don't have anything to do with what we actually meant to say, for example: When you have these options

• edited December 2016

What is wrong with me today... this is the 3rd time I missed key words in sentences.

It's actually in the game. Those dialogue options are misleading

• And Javier didn't say what you chose.

dojo32161 posted: »

I actually picked both of those options in the game.

• Just like the first major choice in TNF Episode 2. Ask PewDiePie, and jacksepticeye.

It's actually in the game. Those dialogue options are misleading

• I think Telltale is messing with our heads.

matteso586 posted: »

Just like the first major choice in TNF Episode 2. Ask PewDiePie, and jacksepticeye.

• No, Jewf isnt Vivec. This: https://telltale.com/profile/1261024/vivec is Vivec. Man, I loved that guy. Really hope he comes back one day.

TheMPerson posted: »

the guy behind the infamous boatmaster channel Man... I miss that guy, he always had something to show off here... I wish he comes back... Edit: Is it possible that this might be him?

• For what it's worth, even the first episode of the game--A New Day-- had cut content, too. And the second episode. And the third, and the fourth, and the fifth. And 400 Days, too.

And so did S2

And Michonne

And basically every game they've made

That's how game development usually goes-- you work on shit, the shit doesn't work the way you wanted it to, so the shit gets cut. Like 90% of all cut content has an actual reason for getting cut-- it's not like they're just tossing out all the interesting stuff for what appears to be no reason. And those reasons can be quite broad-- maybe it's a buggy model, maybe a line of code that causes something to crash, maybe it took up too much space, maybe it caused some kind of memory leak and no one could be bothered trying to fix it, maybe it took too much power to process and render, maybe it killed performance, maybe it just didn't work once they started making the art assets for it, maybe they decided it didn't fit with the rest of the aesthetic, maybe it just didn't mesh with the rest of what they wrote/designed, maybe it was just a placeholder that no one got rid of, maybe it was a pet project of someone on the team that ended up being left in the game files... the possibilities are practically endless.

With that being said though, some of the stuff they cut probably was part of the other 10%. The 10% of stuff that gets cut without a good reason.

Davissons posted: »

TellTale already cut content and development for the game

• No they didn't spoil the Kenny return. They spoiled some other stuff though. I do think they did more good than harm. I mean, they made THIS possible:

enter image description here

Oh, now I remember! They were the one who spoiled the return of Kenny, weren't they?

• edited December 2016

Yeah but @Megami_Kizukanai just typed above;

credits to vivec for the in-game image

... so I'm assuming that he's still active, just where? Here? Oh how I miss his work of art.

No, Jewf isnt Vivec. This: https://telltale.com/profile/1261024/vivec is Vivec. Man, I loved that guy. Really hope he comes back one day.

• [Tell him off]

And Javier didn't say what you chose.

• Don't forget the newly infamous [Tell him off] choice.

There are a lot of dialogues which don't have anything to do with what we actually meant to say, for example: When you have these options

• Glad I didn't choose that option

[Tell him off]

• That soundtrack was also used when Samantha tells Michonne about The Mobjack massacre in "In Too Deep," I believe.

Funny I associate it to that instead of Pete's death.

Glad to have that guy involved with this game's music, I would've never remembered when this/that soundtrack was used at certain point.

• Those videos were just uploaded today!

I imagine there are more to come. I remember other fresh scores.

-goes to see more S3 soundtracks at this channel -there are only five new soundtracks for two episodes ...work really cut out for 'em for these past 2 years, eh?

• edited December 2016

Hmm.. Did a reverse search and couldn't find it anywhere. Odd. I hope Vivec dodes this more though. It's cool seeing what could have been in the game. Has PTSD flashbacks of "RebeccaBloodyTowel" files. yeah, good times.

Yeah but @Megami_Kizukanai just typed above; credits to vivec for the in-game image ... so I'm assuming that he's still active, just where? Here? Oh how I miss his work of art.

• Oh yeah me too, it seemed so out of character for everybody involved

Glad I didn't choose that option

• edited December 2016

Has PTSD flashbacks of "RebeccaBloodyTowel" files. yeah, good times.

Wheeps Oh I remember that one... might as well ask Megami where she found cap Clem image model that vivec posted tho.

also how did you did a reverse search?

Hmm.. Did a reverse search and couldn't find it anywhere. Odd. I hope Vivec dodes this more though. It's cool seeing what could have been in the game. Has PTSD flashbacks of "RebeccaBloodyTowel" files. yeah, good times.

• The almighty 'stached Clem!

No they didn't spoil the Kenny return. They spoiled some other stuff though. I do think they did more good than harm. I mean, they made THIS possible:

• These episodes were horrendous for this. Thankfully I didn't actually get anything that was far out there, but I would've been mad if I did.

Mistranslations and misinterpretations have been a problem in games with any kind of dialogue trees that need an actual trim in their options because of size issues, but they were deliberately twisting and evading what was written on the screen this time around.

"How old are you? Thirteen?"
    I'm old enough.
    "Old enough to put a bullet in you."

"Look at him, judging me for something he doesn't understand."
    Tell him off
    "You know what David? Time to open your eyes. Kate's gonna leave your ass. She told me so."

???

• It's funny cause Pete's actually on the Mobjack.

That soundtrack was also used when Samantha tells Michonne about The Mobjack massacre in "In Too Deep," I believe. Funny I associate it to that instead of Pete's death.

• enter image description here

Megaodg33 posted: »

Don't forget the newly infamous [Tell him off] choice.

• Perhaps @Megami_Kizukanai has spoken privately with "Vivec."

That's—interesting.

(?) Sleep took notice of that.

• “The world does work in mysterious ways.”

DabigRG posted: »

It's funny cause Pete's actually on the Mobjack.

• edited December 2016

You know, I actually picked that choice on purpose and I realized what Bigby was going to do, and that's because I was a huge asshole in that game.

• Maybe Telltale loves trolling us?

These episodes were horrendous for this. Thankfully I didn't actually get anything that was far out there, but I would've been mad if I did.

• Not even 'Maybe.' They really love trolling us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uloDnuUoZU

Megaodg33 posted: »

Maybe Telltale loves trolling us?

• edited December 2016

There's a couple of animation files left in Episode 1, and a file that refers to Clementine's house.

Poogers555 posted: »

What the flashback just audio or was there any type of scene things left in the files?

• There's a chance we'll get the S1 flashback again, since the files suggest that there's a S3 version of Clem's S1 model.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

God I hope they bring that Sandra flashback back in a later episode. It'd be fucking cool to see that moment in Clementine's life and how sh

• edited December 2016

OMG, I've never even heard that dialogue choice. Job also tweeted "Definitely not hanging out at Telltale HQ watching #TWD reactions on Twitch & YouTube. Definitely not experiencing any sick & twisted joy" after ANF released... yeah, you can say they love trolling us.

Not even 'Maybe.' They really love trolling us. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uloDnuUoZU

• Oh jeez, after seeing Kenny and Jane in season 3 Im sure Season 1 Clem is going to look like a tumbleweed.

There's a chance we'll get the S1 flashback again, since the files suggest that there's a S3 version of Clem's S1 model.

• There's a new track that plays when you're walking through the tear gas, and a theme for the intro sequence itself.

Interestingly enough, the track during the tear gas scene appears to be an unused version/segment of the frozen lake track; the one when the walkers show up, and when Kenny chases after Arvo.

The action tracks in the game are split into different segments: Action01a, Action01b, you get the idea. Some of the new tracks are actually unused versions/segments of previous tracks, which is pretty neat.

Those videos were just uploaded today! I imagine there are more to come. I remember other fresh scores.

• Prescott's soundtrack is honestly amazing.

This is the soundtrack that plays inside Prescott, uploaded by @GodsFriendChuck. Speaking from my experience, this score is phenomenal at attributing the community of Prescott with a different type of ambiance than other settlements.

• Whoever wrote the dialogue options needs to be politely informed about their mistakes-- and by that I mean smacked with a pool noodle

• I guess you could say someone needs to [Tell him off].

Deltino posted: »

Whoever wrote the dialogue options needs to be politely informed about their mistakes-- and by that I mean smacked with a pool noodle

• How random.

Why Episode 1? When Clementine washed on shore after escaping those 3 guys she was supposed to go through a small forest and end up in a zoo... with an escaped tiger/lion/panther...

• edited December 2016

When you trust Jesus, he holds his hands as if he were ziptied

When you don't trust him and bind him. His hands are free with the zip tie on

• Telltale needs to be TaleTold off. >.>

I guess you could say someone needs to [Tell him off].

• I'm guessing they somehow switched the animations the wrong way around.

Sparkeagle posted: »

When you trust Jesus, he holds his hands as if he were ziptied When you don't trust him and bind him. His hands are free with the zip tie on

• Clementine can still appear in sight for a few seconds even if you shot Conrad.

a

Sign in to comment in this discussion.