Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• That's a pretty cool detail!

Davissons posted: »

In S1E4, if you choose to leave Ben behind, you can give Clementine an explanation that sounds eerily similar to what Carver can tell Clemen

• I realized something when thinking about the darker things you can do in this game. In S2 E05 Kenny justifies killing Jane by telling Clementine that he was protecting her. Lee can actually say something similar in S1 E02. If you kill Danny then Clementine later asks you "Lee, did you have to kill those men?" and Lee can justify it by saying "I'm sorry you had to see that, but I only did it to protect us."

• Well that's my headcanon since I ship the two. :p

I think it was more that Javi didn't know how to refer to Kate. It'd be a bit weird to tell Clem they were together so soon after saying Kate is his brother's wife. :D

FetchWalker posted: »

Javier also says it like "My, uh...uh....Kate, helped" I think he wanted to say "My girlfriend" or something like that. That's the first thing I thought when I picked this answer. It might be smth else though

• Now you've got me imagining all three of them in the drivers seat. XD

The car that Clem, Kenny, and Alvie are driving is the same exact car that Clem loses her finger on in the alone flashback. Having Kenny with them allowed them to actually start the car and not get blindsided by walkers, which is cool.

• edited January 2017

I would rather Kenny not die at all to be frank, have choices actually matter, such a strange idea! Haha... :(
    I'm fairly certain he says "Not Today" If you insist on trying to pull Kenny up as Clementine (I.E Pushing her away and yelling so they focus on him).

Edit: Annnd it didn't show me all the other posts saying the same thing.

• As messed up as Carver was, he really did have a point, but he abused it. Reggie didn't need to die, he was never a threat to anyone at that moment. His logic was near on point, the execution was the messy part.

In S1E4, if you choose to leave Ben behind, you can give Clementine an explanation that sounds eerily similar to what Carver can tell Clemen

• Apparently Clem wronged this car in some way and it is hunter her down through space and perhaps time....itself!!!

The car that Clem, Kenny, and Alvie are driving is the same exact car that Clem loses her finger on in the alone flashback. Having Kenny with them allowed them to actually start the car and not get blindsided by walkers, which is cool.

• As messed up as Carver was, he really did have a point, but he abused it. Reggie didn't need to die, he was never a threat to anyone at that moment. His logic was near on point, the execution was the messy part.

Yeah no shit...I woulda pushed him to drop on a tarp or something...blood can be hard to get clean. THE MORE YOU KNOW(tm)

As messed up as Carver was, he really did have a point, but he abused it. Reggie didn't need to die, he was never a threat to anyone at that moment. His logic was near on point, the execution was the messy part.

• It makes you wonder, though, whether Clementine actually took this advice to heart somewhere down the line.

Considering Lee's way of phrasing it is determinant, I don't think his talk really effects her. With the scene in Carver's Office, you can pretend to play along or outright deny his way of thinking, but either way his presence and line of thinking is regularly pondered after his death. In character, Jane compares the actions of Kenny to Carver in the last episode and in her ANF flashback, Clementine can say something along the lines of "Howes is pretty creepy. Who knows what else Carver did here that we don't know about." And considering between Season 2 and Season 3 she changes her attitudes to things like theft and killing, and has shown to be pretty sentimental to things like that happened in the past, her thoughts might have dwindled back to Carver's advice.

Out of character, I think there's several hints that suggest TellTale isn't done with Carver and his influence in the plot. Melissa compares a character in her interview as this 'Carver-esque' character, someone from TellTale (maybe Kevin, can't remember) again brought up Carver recently and in the S2E5 trailer, before the racoon flashback, has Carver again repeating his words. In all honesty, Carver's effect on Clementine, from his introduction to his death, might be one of the few points of character development Clementine actually got in Season 2.

One of the lines he can say in this regard is "We're more alike than you think. In fact, I think you realise it but you're not comfortable with it yet." Maybe now, two years on, she has reached a level of 'comfort' to this 'truth' in ANF?

As messed up as Carver was, he really did have a point, but he abused it. Reggie didn't need to die, he was never a threat to anyone at that moment. His logic was near on point, the execution was the messy part.

• In season 3 episode 2 when Badger has Francine captive at the gates if you refuse to turn yourself in and let the timer run out Badger will skip cutting off Francine's fingers and shoot her in the head.

go to 22:50

• Okay, that's what I thought. Honestly, while I like the morally ambiguous JJE aspect of it all, I almost wish they gave Justin some actual redeeming qualities beyond "At least I'm not going to jail for screwing people!".

Almost. :wink:

Deltino posted: »

He doesn't specifically admit to anything. The most you can get out of him is him saying "I did some bad shit" and "I know I'm a fuck-up"

• Not gonna lie, that's adorable!

darthsansa posted: »

If you choose to cover AJ's mouth to muffle his crying, he'll "learn" that action and cover his own mouth when he starts crying again.

• edited January 2017

[removed]

In season 3 episode 2 when Badger has Francine captive at the gates if you refuse to turn yourself in and let the timer run out Badger will skip cutting off Francine's fingers and shoot her in the head. go to 22:50

• What is up with Walking Dead characters with Album Covers? What, does Jane have one too?

In season 3 episode 2 when Badger has Francine captive at the gates if you refuse to turn yourself in and let the timer run out Badger will skip cutting off Francine's fingers and shoot her in the head. go to 22:50

• All his video images for episodes look like that. I didn't see one for Jane at least not on this guy's channel.

DabigRG posted: »

What is up with Walking Dead characters with Album Covers? What, does Jane have one too?

• Yeah, pretty much. Guess he really loves berries, the psycho.

• Lol the secret antagonist of ANF. Can't wait for the reveal in the finale, gonna be such a twist!

Apparently Clem wronged this car in some way and it is hunter her down through space and perhaps time....itself!!!

• edited January 2017

Remember that Randy Tudor "powerful 'stache" easter egg from Season 1, if you click on Kenny 4 times at one point during S1Ep5?

There was another shout out to him in A New Frontier, on the car with the winch that Javier uses in episode 2. It says "Tudor's Winches" with a logo of a mustache lol:

enter image description here

If you look close enough, it even says, "Powered by the 'stache" ha!

Randy Tudor is one of the Lead Programmers at Telltale.

• That was surreal. O_O Wonder if he put that in without anyone knowing.

sialark posted: »

Remember that Randy Tudor "powerful 'stache" easter egg from Season 1, if you click on Kenny 4 times at one point during S1Ep5? There

• YellowsnoYellowsno Banned
    edited January 2017

That's pretty depressing to think that in the end Lee can deteriorate to Carver's level. Oh well, in my game I got this moment that really made me smile. Clementine asked Lee what was wrong with Ben and I got this conversation that went something along the lines of,
    "Ben is just feeling guilty for things that he thinks are his fault, and they are. He tries to help, and has all of our interests at heart, but when he does he makes everything worse."
    "But you saved him."
    "Yeah, I saved him."

• Given how Reggie was killed by Carver because of either Clementine or Sarah's poor performance with berry picking, it's ironic to know that Reggie was killed for something that was entirely Carver's fault to begin with.

Had he not had Carlos violently slap Sarah over something as petty as talking out of turn, Sarah likely wouldn't have been so troubled over being separated from her father and how she was essentially kidnapped and forced to work under the threat of violence or death for showing weakness, and probably would have done her job right on her own without needing Clementine's help.

If anything, Carver's pettiness and penchant for violence and killing over trivial things actually made him just as weak as Reggie, if not more so, and not recognizing that lead to his own downfall.

• Okay, that, that is just awesome. I'm dying of laughter right now.

Damn fine stache.

Remember that Randy Tudor "powerful 'stache" easter egg from Season 1, if you click on Kenny 4 times at one point during S1Ep5? There

• I can't play episode 5 without doing the Randy Easter egg, just feels wrong if i don't.

• This may be one of the greatest finds ever. You sir/madam, are amazing.

• There's a painting of a rainbow zebra in Michonne's ex's apartment in the beginning of "In Too Deep," during the really intense scene where Michonne is fighting off walkers and having hallucinations about her daughters. For some reason this made me chuckle, probably because I was imagining this:

Lol zebra/horse punzzz.

• It sounds like you're saying it's his fault

• Detail of the Year 2017 already!!!!!!

• edited January 2017

There is a major spoiler for those who haven't played Game of Thrones yet. So, dont roll down if you haven't played that game.

In Game Of Thrones episode 5 and in A New Frontier episode 2, Talia (only if you promised to kill the traitor) and Gabe will call you a coward if you spared the traitor's/Conrad's life.

• Okay this is just downright awesome.

• I really appreciate you taking the care to spoiler tag it like that :)

• It will guilt-trip us to death.

Lol the secret antagonist of ANF. Can't wait for the reveal in the finale, gonna be such a twist!

• Damn fine detail!

One of the greats.

• Did he made them himself or does he get them from somewhere?

All his video images for episodes look like that. I didn't see one for Jane at least not on this guy's channel.

• I don't know I had never watched any of his videos before. What I thought was interesting was was when he viewed his choices I think it said only .8% tried to negotiate for Francine.

Did he made them himself or does he get them from somewhere?

• I'm pretty sure Danz makes his own thumbnails considering that he's actually pretty good in editing.

Did he made them himself or does he get them from somewhere?

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited January 2017

At the end of the intro sequence for S3 episode 2, just before the episode title shows up, you can see one of the horses attacking walkers in the background. It stamps one into the ground. Thought it was a nice little detail.

• Probably the best thing I have seen in this thread.

• Im surprised some people here didn't know about the Randy Tudor Easter Egg, i knew that back in 2012 lol

Damn fine detail! One of the greats.

• Poor horses though, blinded and stunned by the explosions, then devoured or shot.

Deltino posted: »

At the end of the intro sequence for S3 episode 2, just before the episode title shows up, you can see one of the horses attacking walkers in the background. It stamps one into the ground. Thought it was a nice little detail.

• Seriously? Wow, people are dicks!

I don't know I had never watched any of his videos before. What I thought was interesting was was when he viewed his choices I think it said only .8% tried to negotiate for Francine.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.