Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• He was never planning on shooting Conrad: if you don't say anything or maybe even encourage him to do it, he simply fires a warning shot. Clementine's point was that he showed was willing to do what he had to to protect his uncle, even if it means shooting someone despite likely never doing so before. Remember that she was very iffy about using a gun herself.

DoubleJump posted: »

lol impressive? Gabe almost killed a dude who was just having an argument and in mourning. The fuck?

• Does the Episode names of michonne Count?

TheMPerson posted: »

Divided We Fall man. We Don't Look Back. Using beta names now. All that's left is Amid The Ruins and I don't know how the hell to use that in a sentence.

• Amid The Ruins and I don't know how the hell to use that in a sentence.

Allow me.

If this keeps up we may someday be walking Amid The Ruins of this forum.

Divided We Fall man. We Don't Look Back. Using beta names now. All that's left is Amid The Ruins and I don't know how the hell to use that in a sentence.

• Still a warning shot at a guy who clearly posed no threat. Impressive is a silly word to use in this situation. Getting into an argument and pulling a gun on someone is ridiculous in any scenerio.

DabigRG posted: »

He was never planning on shooting Conrad: if you don't say anything or maybe even encourage him to do it, he simply fires a warning shot. Cl

• Btw, did you turn Clementine over to the New Frontier?

Still a warning shot at a guy who clearly posed no threat. Impressive is a silly word to use in this situation. Getting into an argument and pulling a gun on someone is ridiculous in any scenerio.

• Looks like they are In Too Deep trouble with the writings of this season.
    What do you mean I'm doin it wrong? D:

Maybe this is What We Deserve? Honestly, I don't know, I'm running out of episodes here.

• edited January 2017

enter image description here

In case ya'll want to see Kenny's details up close. I have never seen something put together so poorly in my life. They literally colored his lip/jaw grey then pasted feathers on it. Jesus.

• edited January 2017

Yeah, if they really somehow mess up the rest of the season then Teltale is Too Far Gone. I usually wake up super early for these episodes, but if the next ones suck then it would be Better To Sleep.

dojo32161 posted: »

Amid The Ruins and I don't know how the hell to use that in a sentence. Allow me. If this keeps up we may someday be walking Amid The Ruins of this forum.

• Yeah, there are more awkward interactions like that. For example when the New Frontier guys show up at Prescott, they'll claim that Javi killed some of their guys even if he didn't. So technically they wanted to kill Javi for eating some pudding. I guess Badger really loves pudding.

At the beggining of Episode 1 if you don't take any gas from the cars the scenes play the same (Kate will ask you "Any luck ?", which Javi r

• Don't want to reply above and ruin the episode naming thing, but he replies "some... but not enough" no matter how much gas you take.

• Well, to be fair, who doesn't love pudding.

Pipas posted: »

Yeah, there are more awkward interactions like that. For example when the New Frontier guys show up at Prescott, they'll claim that Javi kil

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited January 2017

Telltale needs to be locked up

Can you go get some Ties That Bind - Part Two so we can restrain them?

Yeah, if they really somehow mess up the rest of the season then Teltale is Too Far Gone. I usually wake up super early for these episodes, but if the next ones suck then it would be Better To Sleep.

I swear, Kenny's model didn't even make it past the first few art passes

This looks like something you'd see in a beta build, like when they were still testing things in the new engine

Even Jane's model looks more finalized than Kenny's does, the more I look at it

In case ya'll want to see Kenny's details up close. I have never seen something put together so poorly in my life. They literally colored his lip/jaw grey then pasted feathers on it. Jesus.

• It's basically new Cluke.

Anthorn posted: »

Here's a thing people are missing. CLEMENTINE IS 14 AND JAVIAR IS OBVIOUSLY IN HIS 20'S. STOP SHIPPING THEM YOU PERVERTS! Just because it's the apocalypse doesn't mean it's not pervy for an adult to have a romantic interest in a minor.

• Even Jane's model looks more finalized than Kenny's does, the more I look at it

I don't know about that. I didn't recognize her, at all. Only thing that gave it away was her voice, followed by me saying "...You're fucking kidding me?"

I mean, really, how did staff test run this game and really think "Yeah, this looks good enough, they won't notice." Jesus Christ.

Deltino posted: »

I swear, Kenny's model didn't even make it past the first few art passes This looks like something you'd see in a beta build, like when t

• I mean, I can try, but I don't know if we can. It's not like we're Above The Law so we could do whatever we want.

Telltale needs to be locked up Can you go get some Ties That Bind - Part Two so we can restrain them?

edited January 2017

Yeah, Jane's model looks... off, in comparison to her S2 model. I'll admit that much. I meant that that she looked more finished detail-wise. Her model just looks more complete than Kenny's. Like, compare the detail on Jane's jacket to Kenny's beard. One of them looks a lot more complete than the other, if you ask me.

edit: Oh yeah, while we're at it, can you or whoever did this take a look at Tripp's beard, too? You know, for a comparison?

Even Jane's model looks more finalized than Kenny's does, the more I look at it I don't know about that. I didn't recognize her, at

• Holy crap, you guys have enough episode name puns to last you for 400 Days.

I mean, I can try, but I don't know if we can. It's not like we're Above The Law so we could do whatever we want.

• I think Telltale can still rise From The Gallows and make a good episode next time

Holy crap, you guys have enough episode name puns to last you for 400 Days.

• edited January 2017

Don't forget, while Javi is in the truck as prisoner and he stays silent, The New Frontier member will say the same exact thing: "We've still got a haul ahead of us and I'm not about to listen to y-- What the hell?"

At the beggining of Episode 1 if you don't take any gas from the cars the scenes play the same (Kate will ask you "Any luck ?", which Javi r

• Somebody needs to take a picture of this entire thing, and archive it for future generations.

I think Telltale can still rise From The Gallows and make a good episode next time

• Conrad poked Javier in the shoulder, for what it's worth.

Still a warning shot at a guy who clearly posed no threat. Impressive is a silly word to use in this situation. Getting into an argument and pulling a gun on someone is ridiculous in any scenerio.

• edited January 2017

This is getting Thicker Than Water now, I hope the guys From the Gallows don't show up here.

'kay, I'm done.

I think Telltale can still rise From The Gallows and make a good episode next time

• Kenny shouldn't be neither morally praised nor condemned for an unknown byproduct of one of his actions.

S1E5, Kenny (determinately) saves a woman who is secretly pregnant. S2E5, Kenny (determinately) kills a woman who is secretly pregnant.

• Everyone just quiet; this is pointless.

It's Better To Sleep.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Somebody needs to take a picture of this entire thing, and archive it for future generations.

• pics

One of them was an experienced history professor. One of them was amidst the "all American road trip" when the apocalypse started, due to his interest in American civil war history. One of them had obtained an academic major in art history.

The three of them wounded their leg.

• I'm having dragon age inquisition hair flashbacks..

• Well, also just more people killed Kenny than let him kill Jane. About two thirds prevented him killing her IIRC

• “Get. Out.”

“Get. Out.”

This is getting Thicker Than Water now, I hope the guys From the Gallows don't show up here. 'kay, I'm done.

• You mean he majored in "workin' in a coffee shop"

One of them was an experienced history professor. One of them was amidst the "all American road trip" when the apocalypse started, due to hi

• Fine...

See ya in 400 days.

“Get. Out.”

• edited January 2017

To elaborate, in my first playthrough I accidentally missed the last car(?) with the largest amount of gas because I went up the ladder too soon. On my second playthrough I went to that one as well but got the same response each time. I was expecting something along the lines of:

• "I didn't get much" if you didn't take any gas or went to one car
    • "some" if you didn't go to every car
    • "A lot" if you got each vehicle

But no :(. It's small details and missed opportunities like those that make the episode come across as a rush job.

darthsansa posted: »

Don't want to reply above and ruin the episode naming thing, but he replies "some... but not enough" no matter how much gas you take.

• Just about.

Megaodg33 posted: »

You mean he majored in "workin' in a coffee shop"

• I feel like both need to be angled to look good.

That quick shot where Jane talks about Jamie she looks alot more like Jane, and the shot where Kenny is looking back Aj in the car also looks more like Kenny.

However, thats probably not good if "Oh hey if you look at it at an angle it doesnt look that bad!

Yeah, Jane's model looks... off, in comparison to her S2 model. I'll admit that much. I meant that that she looked more finished detail-wise

• In TWD S1 we were originally going to play as Clementine's brother. They later scraped this because Vanaman (former Telltale staff) believed that a pre-existing relationship would be too much to ask a player to take on in The Walking Dead world.

You know the ironic thing? They did the exact opposite with season 3 and what Vanaman predicted was correct. We're put the control of a totally new character and players are finding it difficult to really put themselves in their shoes. Wish they kept their S1 mindset with S3.

• edited January 2017

You know the ironic thing? They did the exact opposite with season 3 and what Vanaman predicted was correct.

Sorta reminds me of the things he mentioned in this interview

Like how people hated Lilly: and how that actually saying more about you about this rendered character.
    But after seeing how his game Firewatch ended I'm not sure I can trust him anymore.

In TWD S1 we were originally going to play as Clementine's brother. They later scraped this because Vanaman (former Telltale staff) believe

• It is simply an interesting parallel that I wanted to point out. The circumstances and individuals leading up to these events are so incredibly different that it is hard to truly say that it was Kenny who changed.

Kenny shouldn't be neither morally praised nor condemned for an unknown byproduct of one of his actions.

• I miss him and his pretty face.

You know the ironic thing? They did the exact opposite with season 3 and what Vanaman predicted was correct. Sorta reminds me of the

• Yeah I heard about that, I think that was an interesting idea, I imagine Clementine's brother's death would have been much more sadder than Lee's death imo.

In TWD S1 we were originally going to play as Clementine's brother. They later scraped this because Vanaman (former Telltale staff) believe

• I actually loved how Firewatch ended, guess I'm in a minority

You know the ironic thing? They did the exact opposite with season 3 and what Vanaman predicted was correct. Sorta reminds me of the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.