The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• edited January 2017

Well, this game is based on morals and empathy primarily, although you can still choose sometimes to not practice those. If you were really looking for that game, you're probably not going to find it here.

Clemenem posted: »

Why the hell won't Telltale let us play as a villain. Every character they've given us to play as the past two years have been good guys. I

• I like Clem in season 3 for a few reasons, we only have two ~1 hour 10 minutes episodes in which we don't even play her, so obviously we're limited to see her full change and personality yet:

• Clementine has proved she's adept to the apocalypse, surviving virtually on her own with an infant for two years.
    • She's pragmatic, but still shows empathy and morals (e.g. digging a grave for Mariana).
    • Her new aesthetic is well-done this season.
    • Clem is still kind to new people, even assisting Javier find his family (Javier was completely lost), and checking up to make sure they're safe, constantly protecting their group too.
    • Clementine remains useful to the group, a worthy contributor to conversation, and helps with walkers (obviously Javier is the main character, so he has to do very few puzzles and main course of actions).
    • Even if you're an asshole to Clementine, she still helps.

I could probably go on, but there's just a few things here and there, and again, we have roughly two hours of gameplay with her not even being the playable protagonist, but she has played an important role in the story thus far and has shown characteristics of her season 2 persona here & there (depending on how you played season 2, this will vary, but obviously Clem has to be static this season because it's too much work for Telltale to make her dynamic).

• edited January 2017

Jesus man, stop editing your post 3 - 4 times, finish your product before you post, I'll embed my replies here instead of pulling a Daze on my previous post.

cos they didn't answer my question

They expanded on it.

What?

It came off as more aggressive, as you ignored 96% of my writing and made blanket statements.

Where on earth was I making things personal? I'm just asking a question.

I said if you were, stop it (even apologized in advanced if this was incorrect), as it felt like you were still mad from a previous thread.

Can I have a link, when did I ever say this?

I'm not going to dig through tons of history as it could've been any thread, I vaguely remember it being a "Was it Troy's baby" type of thread though, and I believe you were talking about DabigRG making something "personal" and you "hashed it out" in private messages.

• I prefer formatting my post by dissecting sentences made by the user, it helps comprehend the context being responded to, and the whole passive-aggressive "remarks" I thought was an obvious interpretation I received when reading your earlier post.

• Clem fan boys surprise me everyday. Now I'm getting told off for editing my posts lol

You just edited this in, nice, oh and call me a fan boy if you want, I really don't care as it's unrelated, unless you just want to generalize everything. I only had to mention your post editing as you did it 4 times, adding more and more while I'm replying, just finish your product before you post it, it's rather annoying having to deal with.

• edited January 2017

No, there was this screenshot from the comic I saw somewhere where this guy's daughter had turned and he kept her around with her teeth removed; at one point, he frenched her.

Tess was his wife, btw.

Spodes posted: »

"that guy and his daughter" The Stranger from season 1?

• How tall is Kenny?

• What were some possible effects that could happen from Shel's decision to let Becca maintain either the guns or the flashlights?

• Between 5-8 to 5-11. He's slightly shorter than Lee and Lilly but taller than the likes Omid, Katjaa, or even Jane.

How tall is Kenny?

• Potentially another Ben and the Save Lots Bandits situation. Guess Dee and Roberto's actions may have been a blessing in disguise.

What were some possible effects that could happen from Shel's decision to let Becca maintain either the guns or the flashlights?

• Can you please elaborate on both of those statements

DabigRG posted: »

Potentially another Ben and the Save Lots Bandits situation. Guess Dee and Roberto's actions may have been a blessing in disguise.

• How much do you think he weighed, in all 3 seasons

Between 5-8 to 5-11. He's slightly shorter than Lee and Lilly but taller than the likes Omid, Katjaa, or even Jane.

• Becca had been sneaking out at night for whatever reason(Hmph, teenagers.). If she was "seeing" anyone, its possible she could've lent them some weaponry in secret and either brought on an invasion of the Pitstop or her extreme punishment by Roman.

Dee managed to sneak in and out with a bag of supplies with enough skill to be surprised when she sees the flashlights coming after them and Roberto turns out to be a part of a hostile/bandit group that attacks the Pitstop and kills Boyd in you let him go. This should discourage any such behavior on Becca's part--if she's not stupid.

Can you please elaborate on both of those statements

• ...Idk. Maybe the average weight for his age and race? I don't recall getting any idea of how much he may have weighed besides bulldozing Jane.

How much do you think he weighed, in all 3 seasons

• Oh okay, so you think she could have either stolen from another group or had a fling that resulted in the boys group attacking the diner. Both of these are very probable given Becca's behavior, thank you for elaborating. I can see both of those things happening, perhaps even at the same time.

Becca had been sneaking out at night for whatever reason(Hmph, teenagers.). If she was "seeing" anyone, its possible she could've lent them

• Yeah Im just recalling how people thought he gained a significant amount of weight by the time we see him in season 2.

...Idk. Maybe the average weight for his age and race? I don't recall getting any idea of how much he may have weighed besides bulldozing Jane.

• What are these... "Basic RPG Classes"?

What basic RPG class(Fighter, Mage, Thief) would fit which character?

• The Governor. It was his niece, actually. Maybe the Whisperers, a little bit. They are some freaks that literlly live among walkers and dress with their skin. When an ex-whisperer was taken away from them, she expressed that she missed their smell and sound. Then you have Lizzie, from the TV show, who would feed, talk and play with the walkers. Idk.

No, there was this screenshot from the comic I saw somewhere where this guy's daughter had turned and he kept her around with her teeth removed; at one point, he frenched her. Tess was his wife, btw.

• edited January 2017

Typical character types you see in fantasy things, with RPG's being the main source of them as far as I know. Because I know of this through TV Tropes, they can also be applied to other series as well.

Fighter should be obvious: physical combat and relatively mundane ways of handling things.

Mage is a weird one simply because it implies and mostly involves magic, when really you can use these classes in things where magic isn't guaranteed to exist. So, just assume its things that are out of the ordinary in terms of typical people and very versatile in its uses at the cost of being relatively vulnerable otherwise.

Thief involves speed and trickery, with sneak attacks and using brain over brawn being the main focus.

I'm sure there are other classes that exist(Paladin is apparently a combination of all three) but these are the three broad categories.

What are these... "Basic RPG Classes"?

• The Governor. It was his niece, actually.

Well, the comic Governor must be vastly different from the TV Governor from what little I've seen.

Maybe the Whisperers, a little bit. They are some freaks that literlly live among walkers and dress with their skin. When an ex-whisperer was taken away from them, she expressed that she missed their smell and sound.

First off, ew. Second, that's not what I meant....:wink:

The Governor. It was his niece, actually. Maybe the Whisperers, a little bit. They are some freaks that literlly live among walkers and dres

• Yeah, that sounds about right. I know that Becca is shorter than Sarah, who is more than a head taller than Clementine. Meanwhile, Michelle's size was always kinda hard for me to pin down since she's almost never in perspective with another character: she's shorter than Christa and taller than Omid(which isn't exactly saying much :p) and also appears to be twice Season1!Clementine's size as far as I can tell. So she's relatively tall compared to the shorter characters at least, which would put her anywhere between 5'5 and 5'10.

I was mainly hoping someone with model manipulation skills could answer that, like previously with Jane and Arvo.

I'd say Michelle.

• Well, the comic Governor must be vastly different from the TV Governor from what little I've seen.

Pretty much. TV Governor wouldn't rape.

First off, ew. Second, that's not what I meant....:wink:

Well, almost.

The Governor. It was his niece, actually. Well, the comic Governor must be vastly different from the TV Governor from what little I'

• ohhh that's is.

Typical character types you see in fantasy things, with RPG's being the main source of them as far as I know. Because I know of this through

• Pretty much. TV Governor wouldn't rape.

He's also an oldish caucasian man instead of some skinny psycho with dreadlocks, right?

Well, the comic Governor must be vastly different from the TV Governor from what little I've seen. Pretty much. TV Governor wouldn't rape. First off, ew. Second, that's not what I meant.... Well, almost.

• Uh?

Pretty much. TV Governor wouldn't rape. He's also an oldish caucasian man instead of some skinny psycho with dreadlocks, right?

• If, hipotetically, Lee suddenly shows up at some point of S3, how would he react to Clementine's behavior?

• Risky questions with repeats attached:

I'm reading someone's tumblr and amongst their reasons for disliking Luke is the notion that he may have been added to Season 2 fairly late in its initial conception. Do you think there may be some truth to this?

Was deliberately hyping Season 2 up with a fight for the sake of controversy was stupid?

Were you Team Luke or Team Kenny?

Had things gone down the way they probably should've, who would be on what Team?

Who would win in the fight: Kenny or Luke?

• Was deliberately hyping Season 2 up with a fight for the sake of controversy was stupid?

The fandom can't be blamed for overhyping it they thought it'd be great.

Were you Team Luke or Team Kenny?

Neither honestly

Had things gone down the way they probably should've, who would be on what Team?

No one but Clementine would have been alive long enough to pick a side.

Who would win in the fight: Kenny or Luke?

I'd say it's a toss up. Luke is younger but soft and light on his feet, Kenny is rugged but beat to shit and older

• What was more pointless and irrelevant to the main arc 400 Days or Michonne? I'm gonna say Michonne because despite it's insignificance to the second season, it was still interesting, fun and well written, Michonne was not...

• What? No he's some spanish or mexican looking dude with a nice mustache and a long greasy hair

Pretty much. TV Governor wouldn't rape. He's also an oldish caucasian man instead of some skinny psycho with dreadlocks, right?

• I'd say Michonne as well for the exact same reasons.

What was more pointless and irrelevant to the main arc 400 Days or Michonne? I'm gonna say Michonne because despite it's insignificance to the second season, it was still interesting, fun and well written, Michonne was not...

• What's the general consensus of Molly? When I first played TWD, I thought a lot of people liked her, but lately I've noticed a lot of people despising her character and idk why.

• I'm comparing what was apparently the comic version of the Governor to the TV show version. He wears an eyepatch, right?

Uh?

• I don't know, she was just kinda secluded from others understandably, but she saves Clementine and Lee so I'm on good terms with her.

What's the general consensus of Molly? When I first played TWD, I thought a lot of people liked her, but lately I've noticed a lot of people despising her character and idk why.

• From what I've gathered, people either really love Molly for being a oneshot action girl while others dislike her for being out of place.

Personally, I don't mind her--I don't really care--but I don't mind her.

What's the general consensus of Molly? When I first played TWD, I thought a lot of people liked her, but lately I've noticed a lot of people despising her character and idk why.

• Wow, you're little fun. Also, I meant to concept of those two fighting itself.

Was deliberately hyping Season 2 up with a fight for the sake of controversy was stupid? The fandom can't be blamed for overhyping i

• Wasn't Kenny originally supposed to die in Amid the Ruins? What would have happened if that was the case?

• Maybe he'd have died in the fight with Arvo and his group.

Wasn't Kenny originally supposed to die in Amid the Ruins? What would have happened if that was the case?

• Well, that's definitely the most obvious case of how.

Maybe he'd have died in the fight with Arvo and his group.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.