What is your favorite video game?

I'm sure this thread has been made before, but I'm curious about something. What is everyone's favorite video game on these forums? Mine is easily Metro Last Light. I loved the atmosphere, the weapons, the story, the amazing amount of detail they put into each story and area you go to in the game, not to mention fantastic characters. It was an improvement over Metro 2033 in every way if you ask me. So, what is your favorite video game?

Comments

• Lollipop Chainsaw, for the story.

enter image description here

• edited January 2017

nvm

• The Last of Us and The Walking Dead are my top number 1.

• That's hard to answer, but if I really had to say, I guess The Witcher 3 plus its two DLCs.

• I dont think i have a specific favorite but i think it would be between:
    Persona 3, Tales from the borderlands, Mass Effect 3 ((With the dlcs)) or team fortress 2.

• The Walking Dead and the Mass Effect trilogy.

• It's a tie between The Walking Dead Season 1 and the Last of Us. If I had to choose one though, I think I'd say Walking Dead.

• I guess Team Fortress 2.

• enter image description here

I guess Team Fortress 2.

• Tales from the Borderlands, Danganronpa, 999 or Ace Attorney Investigations 2.

• The Witcher 3

• The Walking Dead

• Xenoblade Chronicles, NieR, Metroid Prime 1, Halo 1, The Witcher 3, Doom (original).

• Either Tales From the Borderlands or Dishonored

• It's either Uncharted 2 or Resident Evil Remake.

• Dragon Age 2

• A tie between Minecraft: Story Mode and Sub Rebellion.

• Stardew Valley will be my favorite for a very long time.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I can't name just one

In no particular order:

• Bioshock

• The Walking Dead (S1 + S2)

• Spec Ops: The Line

• Left 4 Dead (1 + 2)

• Dead Rising

• Dishonored

• Half-life (1, 2, and Opposing Force... and Black Mesa, even though it isn't technically an official entry in the series)

• Soma

• Tales From The Borderlands

• Portal (1 + 2)

• The Last of Us

• Amnesia: The Dark Descent

• Dead Space

• Borderlands 2

And this is probably the weirdest and one of the most unexpected games to make it onto a favorite games list: I Am Alive. It might have gotten stuck in development hell for a while, and it might not have been that long, or particularly that good, but there was something about it that I just really liked. And I've seen a lot of apocalyptic hellscapes, but for some reason, the one in I Am Alive is one of my favorites. Something about the atmosphere just feels right. So yeah, this is probably a game no one would expect to make it onto a list, but there it is

And there's a hell of a lot more, but those are the primary stand out ones to me. I've been replaying a lot of older games these past few months, so this list is pretty liable to change.

Also, two games that would be on this list, but I haven't actually played them for myself yet:

• Silent Hill 2

• Resident Evil 4

• Season 1 is more of a game than A New Frontier at least

• Kingdom Hearts (series as a whole) will always have a special place for me...

But I can't deny that I liked The Witcher 3 (plus dlcs) the most.

Dark Souls is plenty fun too.

Agh the choices!

• Hard to say, I dont really have a favorite, because it changes so much, I have however started figuring out what kind of games I enjoy instead of just playing whats popular.

The game that WOW'ed me the most: like 2 years ago I picked up the ICO HD collection for ps3 and played Shadow of the Colossus, that game is really something else, very beautiful, but also very relaxing

The game that gave me the best experience, and the biggest feels: Danganronpa 2, anyone who wants to try something very different, should definitely play this game, it is very japanese, as in, I doubt anyone in the west would ever make a game like this, it plays similarly to Phoenix Wright, in that you investigate murders and then have to figure out who the killer is, but the twist is, its not a court of law, youre a group of highschool students trapped on an island, and you have to kill someone and get away with it to escape (hence the trials). Danganronpa 1 and especially 2 gave me an experience unlike any other, although I would recommend maybe waiting a few days or weeks from playing Danganronpa 1, before going into 2, because the suspense of being thrust into a similar situation to the first game is not as big if you start 2 right away like I did.

The most immersive experience: The Walking Dead: Season 2, something about playing as Clementine just really got me immersed in this game in a way that Lee didnt quite achieve, its partly because youre now playing as Clem, which means you dont have to take other people in consideration when making choices, considering you yourself are the most "vulnerable" so to speak, so I enjoyed being able to make some of the more visceral choices that I could not make in season 1 due to Clem watching

• Besides TWD S1 and 2

Bloodborne: The game is brutal and makes you feel vulnerable, but is really satisfying if you get good at it . It feels so good to start beating bosses on the first try if you've been getting your shit kicked in throughout the game . I also love the atmosphere and designs of everything, it's just more interesting to look at compared to the other souls games. It makes me glad I bought a PS4.

Left 4 Dead: A lot of fun to play with friends, and is a little different every time you play it. Even playing with strangers can be fun, you never know what you'll get out of them. I wish this game would get remastered for the PS4 along with the sequel.

• I have a tie between 3; Mass effect 2, The Last of Us, and Dragon's Dogma. If I had to pick only 1 as my all time favorite, I have to go with ME2.

• Of course The Walking Dead my favourite game.Clem and Lee is the best character.

• rpg/singleplayer - Fallout 3 or Oblivion.

multplayer - Gears of War 3.

• My top 3 in no order as they are very different games:

Dragon Age: Origins
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

• Xenoblade Chronicles easily.

• In no particular order:

• The Walking Dead
    • Tales From The Borderlands
    • Borderlands 2
    • Team Fortress 2
    • Batman Arkham City
    • GTA San Andreas
  • My Top 3:
    1. Assassin's Creed III
    2. The Walking Dead
    3. The Last of Us

• edited August 2022

House of Fun. One of the best game to play. Great graphics. Hours of enjoyment. House of fun coins https://thegamereward.com/house-of-fun/.

• Oh man, I feel old. I don't remember this thread at all. I said above that either Uncharted 2 or Resident Evil Remake is my favorite. Now I have an official one which is Bloodborne.

• Life Is Strange , ever since I first played it the first time I got so attached to Max and Chloe.

• i cant decide but theres 3 games that i really like such as detroit become human roblox (technically experiences) and minecraft story mode/season1/2

• Just Batman telltale games

• edited August 2022

I think mine will have to be Final Fantasy. But my favorite is not Final Fantasy VII like many people but rather Final Fantasy IX, I loved playing as Zidane and going on his adventure and the graphics were nice too for the time but after this one I think it has Final Fantasy VI Terra is my favorite heroine of the entire series of Final Fantasy as well! 😊

• edited September 2022

currently, it has to be the Saints Row Series. I did finish all of 2,3 and 4. It was a joyful journey, from conquering a state to becoming "the fucking president of the fucking united states" to Literally infiltrating an Alien Empire and Owning it afterwards.

The series may be good, but not as good as GTA
    Man, this was my childhood. I played the living shit out of all (most of it, just so some basement goblin won't attack me) the games, GTA 2,3,4,SA,LCS,VC,VCS
    GOD DAMN! it was fire, the story was the mixture of comedic and mature.
    I loved this series, but not GTA Online. it's self explanatory.

• Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    GTA 4
    Dishonored
    Uptown Pokies

Sign in to comment in this discussion.