Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• I thought Vernon's voice actor wasn't Roger Jackson?

Louche posted: »

I think they wanted to fool people into thinking the stranger on the radio and vernon were the same dude, they both have the same voice

• He also explicitly questions whether they can trust Ava when she approaches Bob.

AgentZ46 posted: »

In episode 4 Gabe can reveal that the only people he trusts are Javi, Kate and David. It happens if you have Gabe at the start instead of Ka

• Well maybe if Mariana wasn't so apathetic/frivolous and had gotten out of range faster, Kate wouldn't have gotten shot trying to get her on a motherly impulse(despite Mariana not being her's, shockingly).

I don't know if that option has been removed totally for everyone, weird. Yeah, yeah, but I'll take any chance to shit on Kate. Mariana w

• edited May 2017

crap, you're right. I could have sworn it was, wow. I feel like a nutjob.
    my whole world is a lie.

DabigRG posted: »

I thought Vernon's voice actor wasn't Roger Jackson?

• enter image description here

Violet and White.

• At the very least, that might've been the intention since the Stranger's first radio line does sound very much like Vernon despite that.

crap, you're right. I could have sworn it was, wow. I feel like a nutjob. my whole world is a lie.

• edited May 2017

I thought them casting the same dude as vernon and radio man was them trying to mislead us intentionally, I mean it makes sense. Why else have a different radio voice for the stranger? Does his radio have a creepy man voice changer option?

At the very least, that might've been the intention since the Stranger's first radio line does sound very much like Vernon despite that.

• I had doubts when she was at David's house at the end of 3, but when she was at the church I figured we could trust her.

He also explicitly questions whether they can trust Ava when she approaches Bob.

• Lol, there is no "out of range", because they didn't even know they were about to be shot at.
    I realized that whole scene would have had a lot more bite if they went with her being shot in the neck as planned, (we already briefly talked about that) but it would have also made more sense for Kate to rush over to her when she's bleeding out instead of being clearly dead.

Well maybe if Mariana wasn't so apathetic/frivolous and had gotten out of range faster, Kate wouldn't have gotten shot trying to get her on a motherly impulse(despite Mariana not being her's, shockingly).

• It's actually a dark blue/navy color. And all of the merchandise has it in a lighter blue to it stands out more.

Plan_R posted: »

Those staffers are color blind. The hat is Purple and White , its always been Purple and White.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

The more astute players might have noticed that Jane's knife changes in No Going Back. Some people probably write it off as laziness, or a simple animating mistake. But as it turns out, it's neither-- after she stabs Vitali in the neck, she takes his knife instead. You can see her picking up a knife from his body after Kenny shoots him. Guess she didn't feel comfortable trying to pull her knife out of him.

• Or... It's not the same guy...

I thought them casting the same dude as vernon and radio man was them trying to mislead us intentionally, I mean it makes sense. Why else have a different radio voice for the stranger? Does his radio have a creepy man voice changer option?

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned

enter image description here

The hat is purple, has been and always will be purple!

Plan_R posted: »

The hat is purple and white

And something else also knife-related: Conrad has a little ankle holster with a back-up knife in it. Never noticed it before.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Well when the Telltale hit squad is after you you have to come prepared.

Deltino posted: »

And something else also knife-related: Conrad has a little ankle holster with a back-up knife in it. Never noticed it before.

• That's interesting, I guess. A knife is just a knife unless it's particularly detailed or cool-looking.

The more astute players might have noticed that Jane's knife changes in No Going Back. Some people probably write it off as laziness, or a s

• Lol, there is no "out of range", because they didn't even know they were about to be shot at.

I know; I just felt like being a little harsh for a bit. They couldn't have quite known Badger would show up when he did and it's just one of those things where they shouldn't have gotten to complacent and let their guard down,.

I realized that whole scene would have had a lot more bite if they went with her being shot in the neck as planned, (we already briefly talked about that) but it would have also made more sense for Kate to rush over to her when she's bleeding out instead of being clearly dead.

Yeah, that probably would've been better. Gruesome, but definitely better. She could've probably survived that impromptu tonsil-ectomy if they hurry, for all we know.

Lol, there is no "out of range", because they didn't even know they were about to be shot at. I realized that whole scene would have had a

• I know it's old.

David and Javi were wearing identical necklaces. You can see it in episode 1, when they were fighting each other.

But I don't know if they are still wearing it or not...

Actually, David isn't wearing a necklace, he's wearing his dog tags.

HammyShow posted: »

I know it's old. David and Javi were wearing identical necklaces. You can see it in episode 1, when they were fighting each other. But I don't know if they are still wearing it or not...

• But as you can see, Javi's got them too

Actually, David isn't wearing a necklace, he's wearing his dog tags.

• I know this has been brought up before but I thought I could try and make sense of it: clem tells Christa that she is 8 in episode 3 of season 1, despite the fact that she should be 9 at the time. So this could only leave 2 things available: clem lied, or she didn't know what day it was, the stranger told her what day it was/she told the stranger when her birthday was and then it was worked out from there.

• Eleanor going to Joan had little to nothing to do with Tripp and Ava being captured.

• I don't think Javi's wearing dog tags.

HammyShow posted: »

But as you can see, Javi's got them too

• We don't know everything that she said to Joan though

Eleanor going to Joan had little to nothing to do with Tripp and Ava being captured.

• edited May 2017

yeah we already established that. I'm saying that's what I thought and that it made sense, hell even Lee thought Vernon was the Stranger in the game.

Acheive250 posted: »

Or... It's not the same guy...

• you're saying Ava was caught due to her own carelessness? No, I refuse to believe it. It had to be an inside job.

Eleanor going to Joan had little to nothing to do with Tripp and Ava being captured.

• edited May 2017

No, I mean there are two strangers. The stranger Lee fought isn't the stranger that actually took Clementine. This whole time, we've actually been following the story of Elizabeth, a little girl who's father was killed by a creepy man with a missing (determinant) arm. The real Clementine's where-abouts is currently unknown...

God, I need sleep.

yeah we already established that. I'm saying that's what I thought and that it made sense, hell even Lee thought Vernon was the Stranger in the game.

• He's right. On the AMA for Episode 4 one of the writers said that Eleanor didn't know that Tripp and Ava were going to get captured.

you're saying Ava was caught due to her own carelessness? No, I refuse to believe it. It had to be an inside job.

• More like they probably snuck up on her with guns in her distress at learning what Joan had planned for David.

you're saying Ava was caught due to her own carelessness? No, I refuse to believe it. It had to be an inside job.

• Oh, did they? I just came to that realization when I realized that Eleanor actively selling them out literally made no sense considering where they were and how the execution goes down.

Fangirl101 posted: »

He's right. On the AMA for Episode 4 one of the writers said that Eleanor didn't know that Tripp and Ava were going to get captured.

• But we do know that Ava was able to get a decent angle on the stage to see that she's planning to execute David as she's on the "walkie" just before getting caught by surprise. That alone makes Eleanor allowing them to be captured impossible unless the apartment really did have a good view of the stage.

Also, Joan herself more or less jossed Eleanor helping her capture them with her exact words. Hell, come to think of it, if Eleanor really did tell her everything--namely that they were planning to assassinate Joan--, then why didn't Joan bring that up when calling Javier out and having Tripp and Ava revealed as accomplices?

bigdogg0821 posted: »

We don't know everything that she said to Joan though

• If you say "That looks painful" to David about his brand, David implies that Javi spent a year abroad and might have gotten a Buddhist symbol tattooed on him.

I get the feeling that David was once again jealous because Javi probably got a baseball scholarship and got to travel the world, while David had to serve his country for the opportunity to travel.

• Gabe is really 14, as the game files state he was 10 when the apocalypse started.

• edited May 2017

Lee can avoid slipping down that slope in the sewers if he walks around the sides of it.
    As a side note, there is also a pill called Gabentin. Gabentine confirmed?

• edited May 2017

Gabe has a gash on his forehead.

• Tfw you realize Gabe gets hurt somehow.

• i'm assuming that he is wounded from the javi and david fight?

• I hope that we can inflict such pain on him.

• Gabe, if you don't die, I will fucking kill you.

• Also something bothers me, she's fucking 8 at the beginning of grade 1, then turns 9 in the middle if it wasn't apocalypse.

Clementine being 13 still annoys me. The game claims to take place four years in, yet Clementine was 8 at the beginning of the outbreak and

Sign in to comment in this discussion.