Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Did you get banned for going into the game files?

* Gabe's jacket has a badge on it, though I don't know what it's about since it's too small to read. I took Gabe's texture, and it's still blurry. Best bet is for someone who's good at identifying logos to take a look at this.

• edited May 2017

I can't believe it literally took me this entire time to say this: Ava has a knack for kids.

• I don't get it.

DabigRG posted: »

I can't believe it literally took me this entire time to say this: Ava has a knack for kids.

• Simply put, she's good with kids: She's noticeably more open with Clementine and AJ, correctly deduces Clementine's age on the first guess, and is reintroduced sitting at a fountain with a bunch of kids around her, who run off when Javier and David approach her and can even be seen waiting patiently in the background.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I don't get it.

• ... Am I the only one that feels bad about Gabe?

Gabe has a gash on his forehead.

• ... that's so cute! I always liked the idea of the "Tought Character" being all cute and a softie inside.

... unless by "a thing for kids" you mean something else. Yuck.

Simply put, she's good with kids: She's noticeably more open with Clementine and AJ, correctly deduces Clementine's age on the first guess,

• In what sense exactly?

... Am I the only one that feels bad about Gabe?

• edited May 2017

... that's so cute! I always liked the idea of the "Tought Character" being all cute and a softie inside.

Yeah, reminds me of Lee and Mike.

... unless by "a thing for kids" you mean something else. Yuck.

Yeah, I realize that was inevitably gonna confuse someone. Though it might've worked both ways had she been a villain like we were initially lead to believe.

... that's so cute! I always liked the idea of the "Tought Character" being all cute and a softie inside. ... unless by "a thing for kids" you mean something else. Yuck.

• Well I did think you meant the other type of "thing for kids" when I saw this.

... that's so cute! I always liked the idea of the "Tought Character" being all cute and a softie inside. Yeah, reminds me of Lee an

• That's what I'm thinking about...

i'm assuming that he is wounded from the javi and david fight?

• I don't know. He's a kid expected to act like an adult, and being with Clem, the most badass kid ever, would make anyone feel like a fucking pussy. And now he's got his father back, and everyone else just tells him that he's bad an all, and he's probably just trying to decide wheter trust his adoptive parents of his dad. Man I woud probably be a little shit in a situation like that.

Plus, the hormones. All teenagers get a little too emotional over minor things and adults just see them as annoying. I don't say that I'm a fan of him, he's annoying as fuck, but I don't want him dead. And I think he's the new Arvo, getting a lot of undeserved hate. He just deserves a little bit of hate, not THIS.

In what sense exactly?

• i agree, it makes me sad that he gets so much hate. i get that he's edgy and bitchy, but he could really improve and become an ideal survivor, unlike the other child characters in the series

I don't know. He's a kid expected to act like an adult, and being with Clem, the most badass kid ever, would make anyone feel like a fucking

• I get that, but I don't really feel like I should feel too bad for him because I really don't think I need to. Though the numerous missed opportunities and dropped subplots have something to do with that...

At the same time, though, I can definitely appreciate that his character isn't overtly plagued with the self-doubt, insecurity, inadequacy, and whatnot that most of the cast/community would be instilling in him under different circumstances. Like, he's no doubt dealing with a few things, with Thicker than Water implying he has an inferiority complex and a deficient concept of self-worth, but he often tries to deal with it either on his own or by trying to help out ignoring those issues.

He respects Clementine just as she [somewhat?] respects him, David more or less treats him exactly as he'd expect him to, no one in-universe is actively making him feel like he's worthless, he's treated like a valued member of the team when he's cooperating, and at least some of his fourthwall hatedom is actually earned for once rather than being heaped on him purely for not being like Clementine.

I don't know. He's a kid expected to act like an adult, and being with Clem, the most badass kid ever, would make anyone feel like a fucking

• You don't "need" to care bout him. Neither do I. I choose to feel bad about him.

I get that, but I don't really feel like I should feel too bad for him because I really don't think I need to. Though the numerous missed op

• If you bashed Badger's head in, the group will talk about it outside the factory. Clem will support Javi's actions depending on their relationship:

• If Javi was good to her, she'll say that Javi's earned her trust and that the rest should also trust him if they have any brains.
    • If Javi was bad to her she'll just say that the world will be a better place without Badger.
  • I personally feel that the thing with Gabe is not that he's expected to act like an adult but that he's still treated like a child. After Mari's death all he's wanted to do is help. To stop being a victim & a bystander and he actively tries to help and do better. "Next time I'm not going to sit back and watch. I'm gonna do something." Look at Clem, she's a peer, and an equal and nobody frets over her safety (besides the player :p) That's what Gabe wants to be, an equal. "I can't be this helpless little boy anymore." But the thing is that nobody will let him. He tries to help but he's coddled. His whole outburst in episode 4 was because he wanted to help, he was 100% ready to help but then Tripp and Kate suggested leaving him behind for his safety.

• I could be wrong as I'm not 100% certain but in episode 4 if Tripp dies I think right before he gets shot he screams "No!" I'm not entirely certain.

• He does.

I could be wrong as I'm not 100% certain but in episode 4 if Tripp dies I think right before he gets shot he screams "No!" I'm not entirely certain.

• Some uncommon lines that lee can say in Clem's backyard

()

• THIS

I personally feel that the thing with Gabe is not that he's expected to act like an adult but that he's still treated like a child. After Ma

• edited May 2017

"THIS WOULD NORMALLY GET A MAN ARRESTED... AGAIN."

Lol I can't believe I never heard this before.

Some uncommon lines that lee can say in Clem's backyard ()

• edited May 2017

Detail: GOTG section will soon be moved above TWD section

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Well that's pretty obvious. It happens for every series.

• GOTG section will soon be moved above TWD section

enter image description here

• Such is the way of Telltale life...

• Same trucks?

Episode 4:

Episode5:

• he knows whats up

I personally feel that the thing with Gabe is not that he's expected to act like an adult but that he's still treated like a child. After Ma

• enter image description here

I spy, with my little eye, an Alive Kate

Tony112 posted: »

Same trucks? Episode 4: Episode5:

• edited May 2017

During Thicker than Water, when you and Clementine are looking for the truck in the construction zone, you can choose to interact with Badger's truck, as well as an excavator, a bulldozer and a forklift. That forklift better show up in the finale. I love forklifts. Here's a picture of the truck:

If you, for whatever reason, choose to look at the truck, Javier will start wrestling with the door for a moment, before giving up and saying:

"Locked. We can't catch a break."

Here's a video link with Javier saying such a thing while interacting with Badger's truck.

However, in Above the Law, Clementine shows Javier that she swiped the keys for the battered old thing, stating:

"I'm taking that truck and getting the hell out of here."

Here's a video link with Clementine showing those keys to Javier.

With that in mind, why didn't Javier at least, like, ask to borrow the keys for it, rather than try to open a truck he must have known was locked. Why bother trying to force a door open that you know is locked, and then go "well gee I'm one unlucky guy what are the chances it's not like my young amiga has the keys or anything." It just seems like a goof, to me, but it might just be me misreading the whole thing.

• I love this comment so much :D

Thank god they scrapped all that, I might have had a seizure if the episodes were this long and had actual substance. Phew, dodged a bullet

• MINOR SPOILER FOR ANF EPISODE 5!!!

At the end before Jesus leaves if you pick "I like you, Jesus" Javi comment on Jesus being a badass. What really caught me off guard is that Jesus starts flirting if you pick that! I wanted to put a stop to that immediately and went awkward route, picking "Rad armor bro." XD

It's really amusing so I'd recommend checking it out if you can.

• Something happened at episode 5 that made me wonder if any other fails worked this way?

I don't think I died a SINGLE time during ANF other than once on this ep. So does something like this happen if you die other times?

At the part where Gabe can be with David in a car I failed to hit the walker because I glanced away. Javi gets bitten really badly and falls over but stays alive giving Gave a goodbye. The interaction went on long enough to make me start to think it was actually intended to happen that way. Would be shocking that Javi's death happens so suddenly....

• Of all the deaths he witnesses, it's Kate's that affects Gabe the most.

• What a non-canon sequence.

• edited May 2017

make me feel like it couldve been an outcome. the episode was lacking a lot, but some of the death sequences had some depth

What a non-canon sequence.

• I thought it seemed like they were setting something like this up with that scene. I almost wish I'd wish it was more in depth.

What a non-canon sequence.

• edited May 2017

Here are some choices @Megami_Kizukanai found in the game files after the episode 4 update (these were some of the spoilers that were out on the internet before From The Gallow's released (Thanks to AnEvilHag).

Credit to @Clem_is_awesome

So apparently, these choices were cut:

• Executing Joan.
    • Exile Joan.
    • Keep Joan in Richmond.
    • Return Joan's supplies against Clint's advice/as Eleanor suggested.
    • Keep Joan's supplies as Clint suggested/against Eleanor's wishes.

The reason why they decided to remove closure to Eleanor and the antagonists is completely beyond me.

• Yeah, I was just considering posting something to this effect, but it helps that you saved the actual pick in case my memory got fuzzy.

Here are some choices @Megami_Kizukanai found in the game files after the episode 4 update (these were some of the spoilers that were out on

• In addition to this, Javier can reply to Jesus' flirting with "C'mon, stay..." (flirt back) which confirms Javier is bisexual.

MINOR SPOILER FOR ANF EPISODE 5!!! At the end before Jesus leaves if you pick "I like you, Jesus" Javi comment on Jesus being a badass. W

• It feels like all the bits that spices the experience got shafted. Only the Garcia's and their preexisting relations got the spotlight, besides Clementine.

Conrad is ignored.
    Eleanor is ignored.
    Max is ignored.
    Joan and Clint is ignored.
    Tripp and Ava gets Omid'd.

Perhaps these choices will be recycled in the eventual ClemDLC?

Here are some choices @Megami_Kizukanai found in the game files after the episode 4 update (these were some of the spoilers that were out on

Sign in to comment in this discussion.