Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Okay, so apparently, Eleanor is specifically Thai American, but her exact backstory is no longer relevant due to numerous changes to the story. But yes, she really was supposed to be Joan's daughter originally.

• I know a few people (myself included) were unsure about this before... the staff confirmed that the New Frontier wasn't behind the attack on Wellington.

• he never seemed particularly like a leader, especially after episode 1

Sparkeagle posted: »

So they lied about Clint being just a botanist. At least we know that Tripp wasn't the leader of Prescott and just a defender

• sounds similar to what dabigRG and I talked about, but I heard apparently Mariana was always fated to die in episode 1? That sucks.

darthsansa posted: »

Another interesting tidbit from the AMA was the original draft storyline for ANF; it aligns pretty well with the teaser trailer: "There w

• darthsansa posted: »

I know a few people (myself included) were unsure about this before... the staff confirmed that the New Frontier wasn't behind the attack on Wellington.

• I already knew about this but getting reminded honestly pains me.

This may be well known here, especially to the artists, but the blood stain that is on Clems hat is from Lee's blood when he got bitten. The

• edited June 2017

I didn't know about Badger's lines or francine betraying anyone (how could she even do that? she has five minutes of screentime)
    You never brought up friendly Badger even though we've talked about him

' "huh" chick?' it never ends with you, does it?

Cutting out Tripp's hanging criminals is obviously because they wanted us to like him and were worried that would muddle the waters too much

Right now, I'm thinking I really want the slaughterhouse, the babysitter flashback, the extended new frontier camp scene, and the extended rooftop scene

DabigRG posted: »

I thought I saw this on my Youtube phome page-thanks for confirming it! Let's see, I knew about the Hoodie Models, Kate originally being

• wall photo what? david already said before she was part of his unit

They kinda retconned that with her wall photo though, unless she really was a prodigy that got in early.

• that group shot before they leave the roof in episode 5, and puny ava is the same size as the kids
    soft giggles

Well, shit. Funny he predicted Ava was roughly Gabe's size, though.

• edited June 2017

you serious?
    they force you to either accept this stupid family or if you reject them they make you look like an asshole and literally end the season on sad little boy's face/fade to credits
    they also hammer it in where you have to agree that kenny had to die, or just say nothing. there's not even an option to shoot Jane after she betrays you.

the kenny ending is also much longer and emotional than the jane one, and the way jane goes out in season 3 should definitely disprove any sort of "jane bias"

Because the Telltale writers are weirdly enamoured with Jane, making her ending the good ending in all but name (because they need them moral ambiguity but not really).

• David didn't care about a mercy kill, he was just all hopped up on adrenaline after breaking Fern's arm, figured he might as well take care of Rufus now too.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

he was slowly turning from the bite it was better for David to shoot him and end his suffering instead of keeping him alive for one more hour while he keeps Hallucinating from the bite.

• I love Conrad. He's one of the few characters in ANF I genuinely liked, with the exception of the ending of Episode 1.2. I'm really glad that he can survive the Season, and also like how Telltale made him triple determinant.

The ama gave us canon backstories for a couple characters: * Joan was a divorced single mother, a driven child of immigrants, who worke

• edited June 2017

I asked about Mariana, if she was always planned to die and Alyssa(the Creative Director) told me that Mari died in different ways over the rewrites but was never going to survive the story.
    In an earlier version we were going to find her as a walker upon returning to the junkyard. We also had to decide whether Javi or an other character should put her down. :(

Louche posted: »

sounds similar to what dabigRG and I talked about, but I heard apparently Mariana was always fated to die in episode 1? That sucks.

• Well they wouldn't have had to clarify this if they didn't use reused models again. We're not blind, TT, we can see your shenanigans.

I know a few people (myself included) were unsure about this before... the staff confirmed that the New Frontier wasn't behind the attack on Wellington.

• The guy who stabbed Javi in episode 4 (and was eaten by walkers in Ep 5) was originally supposed to be a spanish-speaking engineer that Javi could use his (originally planned) bilingual skills to communicate with.

Man that would have been hilarious. Imagine the dialog options being in spanish and all the non spanish speaking fans freaking out with a spanish evil laughter in the background.

Originally Eleanor was meant to be Joan's daughter.

WHY WAS THIS SCRAPPED!?!? IT WOULD HAVE MADE SO MUCH SENSE!!

Cocoa2736 posted: »

This is all scrapped content for A New Frontier according to Alyssa from the AMA thread: Max at one point in development died in the S

• if u dont break the ice bonnie dies

This may be well known here, especially to the artists, but the blood stain that is on Clems hat is from Lee's blood when he got bitten. The

• A quick summary of Clementine in New Frontier:

Episode 1- "Where's my car, Javi?"

Episode 2- "I'm getting the fuck outta here."

Episode 3- "Where's AJ?"

Episode 4- "I'm bleeding, Javi."

Episode 5- "Gabe? Gabe. Gabe! Gabe. Gabe."

Throughout the whole season Clementine has put herself in danger to help Javier and his family despite owing them nothing. Sometimes an exc

• she's got 42 personalities open ur eyes people!11!

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

A quick summary of Clementine in New Frontier: Episode 1- "Where's my car, Javi?" Episode 2- "I'm getting the fuck outta here." Episode 3- "Where's AJ?" Episode 4- "I'm bleeding, Javi." Episode 5- "Gabe? Gabe. Gabe! Gabe. Gabe."

• if u fail to kill muertos javi dies but lives afterwards

if u dont break the ice bonnie dies

• Lol the last two.

A quick summary of Clementine in New Frontier: Episode 1- "Where's my car, Javi?" Episode 2- "I'm getting the fuck outta here." Episode 3- "Where's AJ?" Episode 4- "I'm bleeding, Javi." Episode 5- "Gabe? Gabe. Gabe! Gabe. Gabe."

• Man that would have been hilarious. Imagine the dialog options being in spanish and all the non spanish speaking fans freaking out with a spanish evil laughter in the background.

Lol that happened to me once when I was playing TWAU. I was on the last episode, and then I went to the pause menu. When I came back to the game all the dialogue options were in spanish, and I freaked the fuck out.

I was just learning spanish at the time, so it wasn't like I knew all of it, so I took educated guesses based on what was in each dialogue option.

The reason this was so bad to me, was because it was the scene in Episode 5 where after I killed Bloody Marie, and it was the interrogation scene with The Crooked Man.

Pretty bad timing.

The guy who stabbed Javi in episode 4 (and was eaten by walkers in Ep 5) was originally supposed to be a spanish-speaking engineer that Javi

• The guy who wrote this episode must have been a fan of Game of Thrones.

Tbf you can see Jesus herding them with his loyal steed

• Yeah, me and Lelouche had a discussion about that once, but apparently Mariana was always gonna die eventually. It may or may not have been a product of the direction change though.

Another interesting tidbit from the AMA was the original draft storyline for ANF; it aligns pretty well with the teaser trailer: "There w

• Damn, how did that happen?

Man that would have been hilarious. Imagine the dialog options being in spanish and all the non spanish speaking fans freaking out with a sp

• The dialogue, both used and unused, more or less confirmed this a good while ago. Where've you been?

• grady standar has a beautiful golden hair
    fallandir posted: »

if u fail to kill muertos javi dies but lives afterwards

• Tbf Jesus's group uses horses to control the herds movements in the comics

AronDracula posted: »

The guy who wrote this episode must have been a fan of Game of Thrones.

• Of course

Tbf Jesus's group uses horses to control the herds movements in the comics

• and randy tudor is rocking that powerful 'stache

grady standar has a beautiful golden hair

• Hopefully they will be more mindful of reused assets in the future. Tbf only a certain percentage of players even saw this scene, but still.

• and javi wants to ride jesus wowowow

fallandir posted: »

and randy tudor is rocking that powerful 'stache

• I think it's a really neat visual metaphor for how much Lee fought to keep Clementine safe. He spilled blood and died to keep Clem alive. Also, the blood splatter makes him feel present in a kind of spiritual sense throughout all 3 seasons. I just like that little reminder of Lee every time you see the hat.

• It's kind of sad. I bet some of these writers aren't half bad, but the constant time restraints must suck. It leaves what could at least be competent coming out as messy nonsense. I absolutely would prefer months between episodes to get a well thought-out, good story than waiting 4 weeks for a rushed mess.

http://i.imgur.com/bKaCOQJ.gif

• Yeah but they also use a horn or some shit to make noise, and there is no horn to be seen. Srange.

Tbf Jesus's group uses horses to control the herds movements in the comics

• OMG I'M DYING

• Thanks for that mental image, dude.

Lol the last two.

• I have no clue, I had to restart the game so I wouldn't get the exact opposite ending I wanted XD.

Damn, how did that happen?

• edited June 2017

Here is every Clementine sorted by s2 ending and how you get them. It is a combination of your season 2 ending and the following choices, respectively:

• 1- Join New Frontier or 2- Refuse
    • 1- Inject AJ or 2- Return medicine
    • 1- Say goodbye to AJ or 2- Spit in David's face

Kenny ending

• A Graceful Gunslinger (111)
    • A Family-Oriented Fighter (112)
    • Fierce but Forgiving (121)
    • An Enlightened Combatant (122/222)
    • A Free Spirit (211)
    • A Survival Strategist (212)
    • Bruised not Broken (221)

Wellington ending

• A Trusting Fighter (111)
    • Loyal to the End (112)
    • A Balanced Thinker (122)
    • Spirited and Assured (211)
    • Determined Survivor (212)
    • Uncompromising, Unstoppable, Unbitten (221)

Jane ending

• Strong through Solidarity (111)
    • A Dedicated Friend (112)
    • A Sympathetic Sharpshooter (121)
    • A Realist in the Chaos (122)
    • A Renewed Soul (211)
    • A Survival Warrior (212)
    • A Hardened Survivor (221)

Alone ending

• A Reformed Loner (111)
    • A Committed Caregiver (112)
    • An Apocalyptic Protector (121)
    • An Apocalyptic Philosopher (122)
    • A Liberated Warrior (211)
    • Tough as Nails (221)

Let me know of any that i missed.

• edited June 2017

Woah good work! This must have taken you ages

On another note, I see that we can end up with "25 Clementines". Not quite 42, but it's nice to see that our choices (and those even early on) mattered.

EDIT: Forgot that we don't necessarily have all the outcomes up there. There are 8 possible combinations for the numbers and 4 endings. So at most there are "32 Clementines".

Here is every Clementine sorted by s2 ending and how you get them. It is a combination of your season 2 ending and the following choices, re

dammit

Thanks for that mental image, dude.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.