Nymeria's War (ongoing fanfiction)

Comments

• [Stay with Desirea and Minesa] Kris can take care of this for now and this two need supervision. Good to see that Desi is more compassionate than Minesa.

That was the true skill of the Sword of the Night, in the end, it came to durability. I wonder what will Jamison say when he learns his sword Darkness was broken. And this is only a fraction of the terror a follower of the Great Other can unleash, shoot, we can consider the inhabitants of Westeros 300AL lucky they had 1,000 years of only having to fight each other...and now the Others are coming back in their time. This world is screwed.

• edited June 2017

Yes! I caught this part early enough to comment without repeating stuff the others had said. Safe to say I am glad of that :D Anyway wow what a action filled part! I figured this would be the part where Jamison appeared and when he appeared I was indeed holding my breath with worry :D Jamison vs Dalia was the first big battle among PoV's in the story and I was hyped yet very very nervous all the same. Like Liquid and you have said, this was Jamison stripped of his typical personality and just focused on killing and it was clearly a terrifying thing for his opposition. You have clearly established just how much of a threat Jamison is and I am clearly excited to see where he goes from here. Admittedly, I am hoping this leads to Jamison heading home to Starfall since his time for war is soon coming. Even though the Dayne's lose, I have a feeling this war will be what defines him to some extent. Even in defeat, I believe he will still shine and make things very hard for the Martell's but overall I just can't see him going with Dalia and Desi when the Martell's will be coming for Starfall very soon. Also R.I.P. The Darkness :D I figured Kris and Jamison would fight once I seen his sword's name which is why I tried to keep him away since Valyrian Steel makes a huge difference and Darkness really is just a regular sword that looks cool and has a cool name! Now I suppose he will have to get a new one and it will be intriguing to see what he ends up with. Oh and one more thing, that is so awesome you used that move where Jamison dropped his opponent to their knees since it really is so fitting for him since it is like they are bending the knee before he kills them and it fits his character so much :D Anyway this was a great part and I am glad Jamison didn't die for sure! Edit: Oh and one more thing :D What would have happened if Kris wasn't there to save Dalia?

[Stay with Desirea and Minesa]

I am going with this choice largely because I don't trust Mother Minesa at all and I also feel that she should not be alone with Desi since it does give her more of a chance to corrupt her overtime. Also, I feel this might lead to another Jamison appearance where he might talk which will be interesting once Dalia learns who he is!

Dalia Dalia stood a couple hundred feet away from the eastern gates of Vaith with Desirea, Kris, Mother Minesa, Vyran and Belan, while Re

• [Stay with Desirea and Minesa]

Dalia Dalia stood a couple hundred feet away from the eastern gates of Vaith with Desirea, Kris, Mother Minesa, Vyran and Belan, while Re

• edited June 2017

[Go with Kris]

We got to make sure we win the battle. We can't let the sacrifices be for nothing.

Well, the first of my characters has died. If Vyran the Lion had to go out, I'm glad he want out as a warrior. (protecting Desi, Belan, and the others). Dying fighting a mind controlled Jamison Dayne is nothing to scoff at. It is quite an interesting/impressive way to go out. By the way, I'm also curious like the others have said, what would have happened if Kris was not there?

• Yes! I caught this part early enough to comment without repeating stuff the others had said. Safe to say I am glad of that :D Anyway wow what a action filled part! I figured this would be the part where Jamison appeared and when he appeared I was indeed holding my breath with worry :D Jamison vs Dalia was the first big battle among PoV's in the story and I was hyped yet very very nervous all the same.

Haha, I knew you'd like this part! And it was indeed quite a worrying situation, both for Jamison and everyone he was fighting against. I think you're correct, this was indeed the first time that two PoVs are facing off each other in a fight. And technically it happened twice in this part, first Dalia v. Jamison, and then Kris v. Jamison :D And Jamison would've bested both, if it wasn't for Valyrian steel being so damn OP :p

Like Liquid and you have said, this was Jamison stripped of his typical personality and just focused on killing and it was clearly a terrifying thing for his opposition. You have clearly established just how much of a threat Jamison is and I am clearly excited to see where he goes from here. Admittedly, I am hoping this leads to Jamison heading home to Starfall since his time for war is soon coming. Even though the Dayne's lose, I have a feeling this war will be what defines him to some extent. Even in defeat, I believe he will still shine and make things very hard for the Martell's but overall I just can't see him going with Dalia and Desi when the Martell's will be coming for Starfall very soon. Also R.I.P. The Darkness :D

Oh yes, this chapter has definitely made clear just how much of a beast Jamison is with a sword in his hand. Safe to say that will come to play many more times in the story ;) And well, Jamison was already on his way to home, so if he hasn't changed his mind, that's where he'll keep going. We'll see, he will begin his Chapter 3 from Vaith, finally as a PoV again. Btw, I should probably say that there is a two-year time skip coming between Book 1 and Book 2, so Jamison will surely have enough time to make it to Starfall before the Dayne-Martell war truly begins. And yeah, RIP Darkness, it was a cool sword, but I think it was pretty fitting that it was shattered by End of Night :D

I figured Kris and Jamison would fight once I seen his sword's name which is why I tried to keep him away since Valyrian Steel makes a huge difference and Darkness really is just a regular sword that looks cool and has a cool name! Now I suppose he will have to get a new one and it will be intriguing to see what he ends up with. Oh and one more thing, that is so awesome you used that move where Jamison dropped his opponent to their knees since it really is so fitting for him since it is like they are bending the knee before he kills them and it fits his character so much :D Anyway this was a great part and I am glad Jamison didn't die for sure! Edit: Oh and one more thing :D What would have happened if Kris wasn't there to save Dalia?

Haha, well, the name of the sword is more a coincidence than anything, since the name comes from Stigz's submission for Kris =) That said, it did give me the idea of how exactly the fight would end in case Kris would go with Dalia. For now Jamison will probably just pick some decent sword he can find from Vaith, but in Starfall surely a new one is forged for him. Yeah, making your enemies bend the knee before you kill them is pretty savage indeed, and very fitting for Jamison =) And to your question, had Kris not been there it would've actually been Desi who would've saved Dalia. Now, obviously Desi isn't a fighter so she wouldn't have saved her mom by fighting against Jamison like Kris did. Instead, she would've used her magic, and Jamison would've basically been set in fire. Desi really doesn't enjoy using her magic that way, but she would've done it to save her mother. And so, instead of getting a scar across his face, Jamison's face would've got pretty severe burns.

CM3434 posted: »

Yes! I caught this part early enough to comment without repeating stuff the others had said. Safe to say I am glad of that Anyway wow what

• Well, the first of my characters has died. If Vyran the Lion had to go out, I'm glad he want out as a warrior. (protecting Desi, Belan, and the others). Dying fighting a mind controlled Jamison Dayne is nothing to scoff at. It is quite an interesting/impressive way to go out. By the way, I'm also curious like the others have said, what would have happened if Kris was not there?

Indeed, Vyran is dead. And like you said, being bested and slayed by Jamison is certainly not something to be ashamed of. That said, Belan will get a much larger role in the next chapter, and his father's death will also be a major influence in his character developement. We will most likely also learn more about Vyran from him. And like I explained to CM3434, if Kris had not been there then Dalia would've been saved by Desi, who would've used her magic to set Jamison on fire.

[Go with Kris] We got to make sure we win the battle. We can't let the sacrifices be for nothing. Well, the first of my characters has

• That was the true skill of the Sword of the Night, in the end, it came to durability. I wonder what will Jamison say when he learns his sword Darkness was broken. And this is only a fraction of the terror a follower of the Great Other can unleash, shoot, we can consider the inhabitants of Westeros 300AL lucky they had 1,000 years of only having to fight each other...and now the Others are coming back in their time. This world is screwed.

Well, Jamison certainly won't be happy about what happened to the Darkness, but in the end it's just a sword. He'll probably be more pissed about the scar on his face :D And while these followers of Great Other certainly can do some terrible things, they obviously can't do anything quite as terrifying as a White Walker apocalypse. So, when put in perspective, they are mere foot soldiers for the Great Other, doing what they can to serve him while he bides his time in the Land of Always Winter.

Edinosaur23 posted: »

[Stay with Desirea and Minesa] Kris can take care of this for now and this two need supervision. Good to see that Desi is more compassionate

• [Stay with Desirea and Minesa]

• Voting is closed!

And Dalia will stay with Desirea and Minesa, to investigate the house where Valerie Sand has done her bloody rituals for the Great Other. This is something that will happen off screen, but it might have it's affects to character development etc. We'll get one more part in Vaith for this chapter, and that will belong to Kris.

However, before Kris' part, we'll get one more part in Lemonwood, and that will be a Nealia PoV. So, we'll see a bit of the aftermath for that battle, though much more will come in the next chapter. We definitely don't need a long recap, but here's a short reminder: In Nealia's latest part Illor died in the tavern, and later Corren came in with few of his thugs to bother Nealia and Jacke. After Nealia and Jacke killed most of the thugs, Corren ran away. However, Nealia decided to stay to look after the injured Jacke, rather than running off after Corren. I'll try to get this part done today, but no promises :)

• edited June 2017

Nealia

Nealia sat next to the table they had raised Illor's body on. She could see sun finally shining in from the windows, but she was tired from staying up the whole night. However, now was not the time to sleep. Jacke was injured, and Corren could return any moment with his thugs, or perhaps Dalt soldiers.

Nealia kept her eyes away from Illor. Right now was not the time to mourn, and she knew that just looking at her friend's dead body could bring her back to tears again. Nealia stood up with a sigh and walked behind the bar counter, looking through the bottles of wine. Soon she found a decent red wine, and poured it to a mug. She took a sip, savoring the sour flavor on her mouth for a couple seconds, closing her eyes.

Hearing the door opening, Nealia instinctively opened her eyes and moved her hands on the hilts of her swords. However, instead of enemies she saw Tryden walking into the tavern, with him Broden and few other soldiers.

Tryden walked next to the table that Illor's body was laying on. For a moment Nealia could see an earnest expression of grief on Tryden's face, before he turned towards her, now the usual calm and cold look on his eyes again.

"He was always... too good for a sellsword", he said, now walking closer to Nealia. "And loyal, most loyal man I've ever had in my ranks." Nealia nodded silently to Tryden's words. The Reachman eyed carefully Nealia's expression, before speaking up again. "I understand you had developed a... friendship, with him."

"That is correct", Nealia answered nonchalantly, hiding all feelings that were storming inside her. "Are you injured?" Tryden asked calmly, and Nealia shook her head. "No, but Jacke is", she answered, gesturing towards the Stormlander who sat next to Illor's body with a constantly painful expression on his face.

"We'll take him to the barracks of the city guard then. They've been repurposed as a hospital for the injured", Tryden explained, now leaning against the bar counter. "So the battle is over?" Nealia asked. "We won?"

"Efran Sand has won, yes", Tryden answered with a sigh. "Better not expect a great reward though, most have been promised to those closest to the Bandit Lord, as well as for the Ironborn." After saying that Tryden turned towards Broden and the other soldiers again. "Broden, Grennan, Myle, Rechar – take care of Illor's body. We'll have a proper burial for him later."

With a nod the soldiers followed the command of their boss, carrying Illor's body away from the tavern. "So, what happens next?" Nealia asked unenthusiastically, and Tryden answered in same tone. "We'll stay here for a couple days at least, see what exactly is the situation... then we'll decide what's the wisest course of action."

"If you ask me we should leave as soon as possible", Nealia said grimly. "I can tell this city will turn into a shithole under the Bandit Lord's rule." In truth she knew very little about Efran Sand, but Nealia was smart enough to understand that pirates didn't make good lords.

"You are probably right", Tryden answered calmly. "But we shouldn't be hasty with our decisions. Now, let's take Jacke to the hospital." With these words they left the tavern, dragging Jacke through the streets of Lemonwood. Those streets were a horrible sight, especially now in the light of the sun. Bodies were everywhere, and dried blood. Crows had also found their way in for a great feast. And the smell, it was disgusting.

In less than a five minutes they arrived to the barracks, which were right next to the castle. They made their way in, and it didn't take long for Nealia to spot Lien, next to few other soldiers from the Rose Company. They laid Jacke down on the bunk next to Lien, and Nealia made her way to sat down next to the YiTish woman, who had her left arm above the elbow and right ankle bandaged. Ying also sat next to her sister, a stern and concerned look on her eyes.

"Are you alright?" Nealia asked immediately, and Lien nodded to her. "I'm fine, just a bit dizzy from the milk of the poppy. How's Illor?" She asked, and Nealia turned her gaze down. "He's gone", she answered hastily, and Ying put a hand on her shoulder.

"I am sorry to hear that", she said with a serious tone, and Nealia gave her a weak smile. "He was a good man, better than most", Lien continued, and Nealia turned to look at her again. For a moment she stayed silent, unsure what to say. Finally she decided to change the topic.

"I'm sorry if I caused any... drama, earlier", she said with a gulp, and Ying moved her hand away from her shoulder. "I didn't mean to. You two are sisters, I don't want to come between that."

"You haven't", Lien said with a determinant tone. "Right, Ying?" She asked, giving her sister a meaningful glare. "That is right", Ying answered with a sigh. "Lien is a free woman, as are you Nealia... You two are free to do whatever you please."

"Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves", Nealia said calmly, though she couldn't help but smirk just a little as she looked at Lien. "Yes, now is time to rest", Lien replied with a tranquil tone. "And mourn for those who have fallen."

"By the way, who has been healing you?" Nealia asked curiously, glancing around and not seeing any healers. "The Bandit Lord has a few capable healers in his ranks", Ying answered nonchalantly. "They are now in the other barracks though."

"Nealia", Tryden said, making Nealia shift her attention from the YiTish twins back to the leader of the Rose Company. "Let's leave the injured to rest. Follow me", he commanded, starting to walk towards the door. Nealia followed, first saying her goodbyes to Lien and Ying.

Tryden and Nealia walked out of the barracks, and started to make their way towards the castle. The first thing that caught Nealia's eye was the severed head of a middle aged man that had been planted at the end of a pike on the battlements above the gate.

"Lord Darin", Tryden said dryly, as he noticed Nealia looking at the head. "The Bandit Lord lost his duel against the old man, but his loyal knight Byrron Granit saved his ass", he explained as they walked in from the open gates. In the courtyard Nealia noticed Manda Za, standing among the dozens of sellswords and bandits. "The rest of the Dalt family was taken to the dungeons", Tryden continued explaining. "Though I suspect at least the sons of Darin will be killed before long... they are too big of a threat to Efran's rule."

"Nealia, Commander Tryden", Manda greeted them with a small bow as they got closer. "Manda", Tryden answered with a formal smile on his face. "What have you seen while I was gone?" He asked, and Manda let out a sigh.

"It seems Lord Efran has made his way to the lord's chambers with his lady... gods know when we'll see them again", she answered with her thick accent. Tryden nodded calmly. "I'd say we'll see in a day or two how the situation evolves", he said calmly. "How about the Ironborn?"

"Ser Byrron took them to collect their reward", Manda answered with a lazy tone. "For now they seem to be in a good mood."

"They won't be for long", Tryden replied in a knowing tone. "I'd be surprised if they stay for a week now that the battle is over and they've got their riches."

"You seem certain about that", Nealia remarked lazily, and Tryden gave her a smirk. "That's because I am. They are Ironborn, always looking for the next place to raid. They won't give two shits about Efran now that he has nothing more to offer them."

"Do you have prior experience with Ironborn?" Manda asked with a genuinely curious tone on her voice. "I grew up in the Reach, so from a very young age I was taught to fear them... and to hate them", Tryden answered with a thin smile on his face. "Never really had problems with them personally though."

Suddenly Nealia saw Corren walking towards them with few of his thugs. However, as the man noticed them, he quickly turned around and walked on the opposite direction. Tryden clearly noticed this as well. "What was that about?" He asked with a mildly amused tone.

"That bastard tried to kill me and Jacke earlier... that's why Jacke was injured", Nealia explained, and she saw Tryden's expression turning quickly from amused to angered. "That fucking rat", he muttered with rage oozing from his words, and sprinted after Corren. Nealia and Manda glanced each other, and then quickly ran after Tryden.

They made it into the hallway of the castle, where Corren was with five of his thugs. Tryden was holding up his battleaxe, Nealia had her swords drawn, and Manda had her bow and arrows ready. Corren's thugs unsheathed their swords, but Corren just raised up his hands. "Tryden, my friend, perhaps we could just..."

"We are not friends, you son of a bitch", Tryden hissed, and with a gulp Corren moved his hand on the hilt of his sword.

"Efran will kill you if you touch me, Reachman bastard", Corren threatened, but Tryden just laughed coldly. "I doubt Efran, the Lord of Lemonwood, gives two fucks what happens to a gutter rat like you", he spoke with an underlying threat on his quiet words.

"Kill them!" Corren screamed, and his thugs charged towards them. Manda immediately took down one of them with an arrow, and almost immediately after that Tryden had opened the guts of another one. One of them attacked Nealia, but after parrying few of his lackluster strikes, she slashed the man's face open, sending him to the floor to scream in shock and panic. Meanwhile Manda took down another one, as did Tryden. Now Corren stood alone, and Tryden approached him with a lust for blood in his eyes. Corren tried to strike, but Tryden disarmed him with one swing of his axe. Corren went down on his knees now.

"Please, don't kill me", he begged with a pathetic voice. "I'll do anything, anything you want." Tryden kicked Corren to the face, sending him to the floor. Corren spat blood and teeth out, groaning in pain. Tryden put his axe above him, ready to kill the man. "No, no, no, please don't!" Corren pleaded, and with a twisted grin on his face, Tryden turned to look at Nealia. He wants my approval? For a moment Nealia was frozen, surprised by the whole situation. Then she turned her eyes to Corren, who stared at her with eyes that begged for mercy. Nealia turned her eyes back to Tryden, having made up her mind.

[Tell Tryden to kill Corren] [Ask Tryden to spare Corren]

• [Tell Tryden to kill Corren] Now the choice seems far easier, and I wonder if Efran will indeed care if he's killed, considering how much he has on his plate right now, with the Ironborn, trying to reign his forces, prepare for Nymeria's intervention.

Naelia is right, they should get their payment and leave as soon as possible.

I wonder what happened to the White Elephant and his crew. Will they leave together?

Nealia Nealia sat next to the table they had raised Illor's body on. She could see sun finally shining in from the windows, but she was t

• We'll see more of the White Elephant and his crew in the next chapter :)

[Tell Tryden to kill Corren] Now the choice seems far easier, and I wonder if Efran will indeed care if he's killed, considering how much he

• [Tell Tryden to kill Corren]

Nah, seriouly, let's get rid of that bastard. He's been nothing but a pain in the ass so far and a pathetic coward. Even now, he still tried to kill them and the only thing that made him cower at least somewhat was the presence of Tryden. If spared, I doubt he would show any gratitude at all and he'd likely just try to kill Nealia at a later time. He brought this up to himself and it's time he pays the price for it.

This was really a great part! I kind of had this feeling we might get to see the aftermath of the battle from Nealia's PoV and it was actually my favourite Nealia part in this chapter. I liked the development for Tryden, with him showing genuine sadness about Illor's death. Really shows how there is more to him than just a shady, opportunistic sellsword. While I am still not sure how to feel about him, I think I like him for reasons similar to why I like Bjorn. It's also a very good thing that Ying finally came around, even if I guess that she mostly said so for Lien's sake and not because of any newfound fondness for Nealia. And well, as expected, Efran's rule is a weak one and I doubt he can keep it from collapsing in the near future. Tryden sees it coming already and I bet once the immediate joy of the payment has gone, so will Bjorn and likely the White Elephant as well.

Nealia Nealia sat next to the table they had raised Illor's body on. She could see sun finally shining in from the windows, but she was t

• This was really a great part! I kind of had this feeling we might get to see the aftermath of the battle from Nealia's PoV and it was actually my favourite Nealia part in this chapter. I liked the development for Tryden, with him showing genuine sadness about Illor's death. Really shows how there is more to him than just a shady, opportunistic sellsword. While I am still not sure how to feel about him, I think I like him for reasons similar to why I like Bjorn. It's also a very good thing that Ying finally came around, even if I guess that she mostly said so for Lien's sake and not because of any newfound fondness for Nealia. And well, as expected, Efran's rule is a weak one and I doubt he can keep it from collapsing in the near future. Tryden sees it coming already and I bet once the immediate joy of the payment has gone, so will Bjorn and likely the White Elephant as well.

Ah, this is great to hear! I was originally planning to save the scene with Corren to the beginning of next chapter, but I felt like it would be nice to end Nealia's chapter with a choice :p Aye, Tryden is definitely not a one dimensional asshole like Corren, and Illor was a very close companion of his. He doesn't necessarily see his troops as friends, but he had still grown very fond of Illor. It'll definitely be interesting to show even more of him in the next chapter :) And Ying definitely did what she did to please her sister, but we can still expect her to be a bit more relaxed and affable towards Nealia from now on. And poor Efran, he'll really have a hard time trying to keep his rule over Lemonwood from collapsing. More about that in Chapter 3 ;)

[Tell Tryden to kill Corren] Nah, seriouly, let's get rid of that bastard. He's been nothing but a pain in the ass so far and a pathetic

• edited June 2017

[Tell Tryden to kill Corren]

He seems far too dangerous to be kept alive. This seems to be the only way to prevent him from being a danger to Nealia and the Rose Company.

"So, what happens next?" Nealia asked unenthusiastically, and Illor answered in same tone. "We'll stay here for a couple days at least, see what exactly is the situation... then we'll decide what's the wisest course of action."

Wait.... Did I miss Illor's miraculous resurrection! ;)

• Oops, gotta fix that :D

[Tell Tryden to kill Corren] He seems far too dangerous to be kept alive. This seems to be the only way to prevent him from being a dange

• edited June 2017

Edit: Double post my bad :D

As the others have said, he will continue to be a problem if left alive so they may as well get rid of him now before he tries to kill Nealia again later.

On a side note though, it will be really interesting to see what happens with Efran's rule over Lemonwood especially since this tough guy and great leader aura has effectively been shattered and it will be interesting to see where he goes from here considering that all of his allies besides the few loyal to him will most likely leave at the best and maybe turn on him at the worst.

• I won't close the voting yet, even if it seems basically clear already which one will win =) However, I have the next part ready, which will also end this chapter. It's a Kris PoV, and it has quite an interesting choice at the end. I'll end that voting at the same time with this Nealia voting.

As a reminder, the last time we saw Kris was at the Dalia PoV just a few days ago. In it he was searching the witch of Vaith with Dalia, Desirea, Mother Minesa, Vyran the Lion and Belan the Brave. They ended up finding Valerie Sand, but she was protected by a bunch of mind controlled soldiers, who were led by a mind controlled Jamison. Jamison killed Vyran, and also defeated Belan and Dalia in duel. Then Kris rushed in to fight against him. Once again it looked like Jamison would defeat him, but Kris' Valyrian steel sword End of Night broke Jamison's Darkness, and cut a wound to his face. After that they all went to the house where Valerie had escaped earlier. There they found a man whose heart had been ripped out for some kind of ritual for the Great Other. Disgusted by the sight, Kris decided to leave to help out the forces take over the city. That's where we'll continue with his part - which I'll post right away! =)

• edited June 2017

Kris

Kris walked silently through the alleys of Vaith. Bodies were everywhere, and every now and then Kris could hear a small splash as he stepped into a puddle of blood. My city is bleeding, he thought grimly, now looking at his sword and seeing the blood of the dark warrior still on it. Quickly he wiped it away, still a bit shocked of everything that had happened just minutes ago. The warrior with empty purple eyes had completely overwhelmed him, and Kris had to admit to himself that in the end it had been luck that had saved him. If his sword had not broken...

Kris shook these thoughts away as he arrived to the town square, seeing that most of the Wild Suns had now regrouped there. He also saw the Mother's Favored, led by their captain Hangman, as well as Henry. However, he could see that their numbers had dwindled in the battle.

"Prowler!" Hangman greeted Kris as he approached them. It was a nickname the slaves had given him. "Good to see you", he answered, looking at both Hangman and Henry, who gave him a small bow.

"Both of the gates to the city have been taken over, mylord, as well as the battlements", Henry informed with a calm and professional tone. "The Vaith forces have regrouped at the main street in front of the castle, ready to defend it."

"We'll have to get through them then", Kris replied with a grim tone, and turned away from Henry and Hangman. He started to approach the cavalry, which was at the vanguard of the forces. Kris walked next to Ser Howar Uller and Yohn Redfort, who stood at the head of the forces.

"What's the plan, sers?" He asked, and the two shifted their attention to him. "Lord Kris, we are waiting for orders", Ser Howar answered, looking slightly surprised to see Kris.

"Orders from whom?" Kris asked sternly, and Howar and Yohn glanced at each other. "We're not exactly sure, my lord", Yohn answered. "Mizro was injured earlier, and Khazor is still clearing the southern streets with his Bloodfangs."

"Well, I'm here now", Kris said decidedly, and both Yohn and Howar nodded obediently. "There are free horses at the rear", Howar informed, and Kris nodded, taking his leave to fetch one. Soon he returned to the vanguard with a new mount, a dark warhorse.

"I was informed that the majority of the enemy is positioned in front of the castle", Kris said, and Howar nodded. "Yes, there is a significant amount of troops. That said, I believe most of them have already retreated inside the castle."

"It's better that way", Kris said with a sigh. Howar had a questioning look on his eyes, but stayed silent. "Now, let's move", Kris commanded, and slowly the cavalry started to ride up the main street towards the castle.

Soon he could see the lines of spearmen, hiding behind their large shields, ready to defend the castle. "Hold!" Kris commanded, and the cavalry stopped. He eyed at the defense, seeing also the archers at the battlements of the castle. Many will die, Kris knew. However, he also knew that they would have to charge in with cavalry to break the defense quickly.

"What do you think, my lord?" Yohn asked calmly. Kris took a moment before answering, still eyeing at the defenders with a grim look on his eyes. "We'll charge", he finally answered quietly, and Yohn nodded with a gulp. Kris unsheathed his glowing Valyrian steel sword, the End of Night. He took in a couple deep breaths, glancing at the cavalry of Wild Suns behind him. Then he turned his gaze back towards the defenders ahead of them, and raised his sword up. "CHARGE!" He screamed, and so the cavalry begun to gallop towards the defending forces.

As they got closer, Kris saw some of the enemy infantry scattering in fear. The cavalry broke through the lines of the defenders, even if some of them were stopped by the spears of the defenders. Kris swung his sword taking down a few of the retreating soldiers. He turned around, intending to lead the cavalry back for another charge, but then something hit him on his left shoulder, and he fell from his horse.

He was lucky, landing on a small pile of bodies, but it was still painful. The battle was still roaming around him, the cavalry riding down the Vaith infantry, and arrows being shot from the battlements. Kris stood up with a painful groan, picking up his sword and taking a defensive stance. He walked away from the range of the archers, and as he turned around again he saw the defensive lines retreating inside the castle, while the cavalry backed away as well. Ser Howar rode next to him, a concerned look on his eyes.

"Lord Kris, are you alright?" He asked, and Kris gave him a nod, though his expression revealed that he was in pain. "The enemy is retreating inside, shall we storm the gates?" Howar asked, but now Kris shook his head.

"No... there is another way", he said, and without waiting for Howar's answer he started to walk towards the castle. As he got in range of the archers, he raised up his hands. Soon he was close enough that he could see the faces of the defenders atop the gate, who looked at him with confusion.

"What do you want?" One of them asked sternly. Kris let out a sigh before answering. "I want this battle to end!" He shouted and the defenders glanced at each other, some of them even letting out a grim laugh. "You're surrendering then?" One of the soldiers asked, and Kris shook his head.

"No, you are", he answered with a commanding tone. "By whose orders?" The soldier asked, and a thin smirk was formed on Kris' face.

"By your lord, Kris Vaith", he answered. For a moment the soldiers stayed silent, confusion and disbelief in their faces. "You're claiming that you're Lord Kris?" One of them asked, and Kris nodded.

"Aye, I am", he answered, which was once again followed by a drawn out silence. "How can we trust that's true? You're marching with the enemy after all."

"Is Ser Martin somewhere in there?" Kris asked, and the soldier nodded. "Bring him, he'll recognize me." For a moment the soldier just stared at Kris, but then he walked away. Hopefully to fetch Ser Martin.

And indeed, after a couple minutes the soldier returned, with him an older knight, clad in heavy armor and his greying black hair tied to a ponytail. For a moment Ser Martin just stared at Kris, but then realization came to his eyes.

"By the Seven, it is you!" He shouted, and a weak smile came to Kris' face. "Indeed, I am your lord", he said with a tired voice.

"Why are you marching with the suns?" Ser Martin asked, and Kris took a couple steps closer. "I will explain that later. Now, I command you to open the gates."

"Of course, my lord. Open the gates!" Martin shouted, and slowly the gates started to open. Kris turned towards the cavalry, gesturing for them to follow him. Kris walked into the courtyard with slow steps, glancing around the familiar castle. Home, he thought with relief, a thin smile forming on his face. He could see and feel the soldiers staring at him, and some of them clearly recognized him now. Some even bowed to him.

Then the doors of the main keep opened, and out of them walked a beautiful and slender woman with dark skin and a black dreadlock hair tied to loose bun, dressed in a dark dress and a colorful feather cape. Lady Myra. Her luscious lips formed a tender smile, and the look on her dark eyes was filled with confusion and happiness. For a small moment Kris saw the woman he had loved, but then he remembered this was the woman whose dark magic had weakened his mind for years.

"Gods... it is you", Myra said, her voice shaky. "Where the hell have you been, Kris?" She asked, and tried to reach for him. However, Kris didn't let her touch him, backing away.

"Where is my son?" He asked sternly, and Myra looked at him with a dumbfounded expression. "Kris..." She finally spoke up again, but Kris cut him off. "Where is my son?" He asked again, this time with a more threatening voice.

"Nickon is in his room", Myra finally answered, her voice mildly irritated now. "I doubt he'll recognize you anymore though, after you abandoned us..."

"Quiet!" Kris yelled, an angry glare in his eyes. "You will not control me anymore with your dark magic, witch", he hissed, and Myra opened her mouth as an expression of disbelief. "You cannot be serious, you can't be saying that you believe in those mindless rumors."

Now Kris raised his sword, pointing it at Myra. "I already saw the atrocities that your bastard did", he hissed, seeing panic in Myra's eyes as she looked at the End of Night. "And who took her down that path, if not you?"

"I have no idea what you are talking about, Kris", Myra said, tears coming to her eyes now. "I have always loved you, and you left me!" She screamed with an emotional tone. "And now you come back, calling me a witch, threatening me!"

"I could end this right now", Kris said grimly, moving the tip of his sword slightly closer to Myra, who closed her eyes and shook her head.

[Kill Myra] [Imprison Myra] [Don't imprison her]

End of Chapter 2

• edited June 2017

[Don't imprison her]

Myra is innocent, and I think after Dalia's last part it's clear the real witch of Vaith is Valerie, not her mother. Kris needs time to be convinced of this, and Myra can convince him of this if she were to say, convert to R'hllor. Other than that I imagine it'd just look like witchcraft in Kris' eyes, but I think Myra has been around too short a time to be quickly killed off, and deserves a chance to win Kris' trust again. Especially for the sake of the son they share.

By the way, the finale was great! I just need to catch up fully now :D I love the finale song too, awesome song choice!

Kris Kris walked silently through the alleys of Vaith. Bodies were everywhere, and every now and then Kris could hear a small splash as h

• Myra is innocent, and I think after Dalia's last part it's clear the real witch of Vaith is Valerie, not her mother. Kris needs time to be convinced of this, and Myra can convince him of this if she were to say, convert to R'hllor. Other than that I imagine it'd just look like witchcraft in Kris' eyes, but I think Myra has been around too short a time to be quickly killed off, and deserves a chance to win Kris' trust again. Especially for the sake of the son they share.

Aha, I definitely don't like the idea of killing Myra off so quickly, but I thought it was a natural choice to include here. Whether Myra is guilty of anything Kris accuses her or not, killing her now would certainly be a dark turn in his character developement. It would also be quite a shock for the three-year-old Nickon, who probably doesn't even remember Kris, like Myra said.

By the way, the finale was great! I just need to catch up fully now :D I love the finale song too, awesome song choice!

Ah, thanks! =) It's not quite as shocking as the finale of Chapter 1, but I'm still satisfied with it. And yeah, I love that song :D

Stigz_52 posted: »

[Don't imprison her] Myra is innocent, and I think after Dalia's last part it's clear the real witch of Vaith is Valerie, not her mother.

• Aha, who called it? That's right, it's a-me, Liquid! Well, to be fair, I have called a great number of things, but it is nice to see that my shot in the dark has been correct. I am not sure where I called it though, was it here in the thread or in the private message? Well, anyways, this is a super interesting twist! I had the feeling there might be more to Myra than just being an evil GO cultist. It seems Valerie put a spell onto her as well, or this is really just the result of some serious manipulation without any magic involved. In any way, I do feel more than just a bit sorry for her, given that this is not just a trick. But I have reason to believe that this is indeed not a trick. This means the one we truly must be after is Valerie. I guess she's the one GO-bro warned Gwendis about and all in all, she seems like a seriously nasty person if she tricked or even bewitched her own mother like this. We need Dalia, Desi, maybe Kris and probably even Mother Mayonnaisa to stop her. Hell, I wouldn't be too surprised if even Aisha is merely a small fish compared to her. Because no matter how evil that witch-bitch is, she hasn't been able to massively bewitch dozens of men to do her bidding and ultimately doesn't seem all that powerful. Valerie meanwhile, she's something else. No matter if Myra is also in league with the Great Other (which I don't believe), Valerie seems to be the one with the powers here and I am honestly a bit scared of her.

[Don't imprison her]

Seriously, I am willing to believe her. GO worshippers must die, but I have the feeling she might not be one. Valerie is the witch of Vaith and we have far more reason to believe that than to believe in Myra's guilt. Valerie escaped and once Myra learns about the true extent of her witchcraft, she might be the most valuable asset they have when it comes to stop that literal bastard. That way she can redeem herself and prove that she is truly not the evil witch everyone thought her to be. On top of that, with this revelation I don't actually want Myra to die. I am curious about her as a character, about her side of this story and how she will react if she learns the truth. I also think this will make this whole Dalia/Kris situation quite a lot more interesting. Maybe it'll even give Kris the chance to stay with her instead of tempting Dalia to give up on her mission to support Desi. That is something I wouldn't quite want, for obvious reasons.

Actually, I had another theory right now. What if Kris has indeed been bewitched, but not to love Myra, but to stop loving her? What if they fell in love genuinely, but Valerie, seeing him as an obstacle that had to be removed, bewitched him to make him think that Myra used dark magic to win his heart? That would make for an even more tragic twist.

All in all, this was an incredible finale for an incredible chapter! I will give more thoughts when I answer the questions that will undoubtedly follow, but until then, let me just say that it has been one hell of a ride, thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish and something that built up tremendous hype for the things to come =)

Kris Kris walked silently through the alleys of Vaith. Bodies were everywhere, and every now and then Kris could hear a small splash as h

• Aha, who called it? That's right, it's a-me, Liquid! Well, to be fair, I have called a great number of things, but it is nice to see that my shot in the dark has been correct. I am not sure where I called it though, was it here in the thread or in the private message? Well, anyways, this is a super interesting twist! I had the feeling there might be more to Myra than just being an evil GO cultist. It seems Valerie put a spell onto her as well, or this is really just the result of some serious manipulation without any magic involved.

Indeed, I think you did call this at some point. I can't really remember where it was, though I think you said it at least a couple times =) Of course, we can't be 100% sure about Myra based on just this one scene, but she really seems to be shocked by Kris' accusations, so if she is some kind of witch she is certainly a good actor as well :D And Valerie could've used her magic to Myra, but it's also easy to turn a blind eye to suspicious thing when it's your own child. No one would want to believe their daughter is a psycho murderer, right?

In any way, I do feel more than just a bit sorry for her, given that this is not just a trick. But I have reason to believe that this is indeed not a trick. This means the one we truly must be after is Valerie. I guess she's the one GO-bro warned Gwendis about and all in all, she seems like a seriously nasty person if she tricked or even bewitched her own mother like this. We need Dalia, Desi, maybe Kris and probably even Mother Mayonnaisa to stop her. Hell, I wouldn't be too surprised if even Aisha is merely a small fish compared to her. Because no matter how evil that witch-bitch is, she hasn't been able to massively bewitch dozens of men to do her bidding and ultimately doesn't seem all that powerful. Valerie meanwhile, she's something else. No matter if Myra is also in league with the Great Other (which I don't believe), Valerie seems to be the one with the powers here and I am honestly a bit scared of her.

Well, Valerie is someone to really be afraid of, that much is for sure. She is most likely the kind of GO worshiper that Aisha warned Gwendis about, someone that has basically sold her soul and sanity to strengthen their connection to the Great Other. And the likelyhood for her also being the one that GO warned Gwendis about is pretty high, I'd say.

Actually, I had another theory right now. What if Kris has indeed been bewitched, but not to love Myra, but to stop loving her? What if they fell in love genuinely, but Valerie, seeing him as an obstacle that had to be removed, bewitched him to make him think that Myra used dark magic to win his heart? That would make for an even more tragic twist.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned in the story earlier, but what made Kris leave was that he heard the voice of his mother in the flames, calling him to leave Vaith. As he left he realized how his mind had been weakened for years there, and since he had heared rumors of Myra being a witch he put two and two together.

All in all, this was an incredible finale for an incredible chapter! I will give more thoughts when I answer the questions that will undoubtedly follow, but until then, let me just say that it has been one hell of a ride, thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish and something that built up tremendous hype for the things to come =)

Thanks! I've certainly enjoyed Chapter 2, and I am even more hyped for Chapter 3! =) I'm also very interested to read all of your answers to the questions, but I'll wait to get a bit more votes in before posting them :)

Aha, who called it? That's right, it's a-me, Liquid! Well, to be fair, I have called a great number of things, but it is nice to see that my

• edited June 2017

[Imprison Myra]
    After seeing her for the first time, now I think she might be innocent, but I don't believe she was completely unaware of what Valerie was doing, so I think we need to imprison her until she's proven innocent or guilty.

Pretty good song, is that how you came with the name of the chapter and the words of House Dryland?

So next chapter will be the confrontation between Nymeria and Lucifer, eh? first she must take control of Godsgrace, but Vaith is also on the way, until she finally marches to Hellgate Hall.

• [Don't imprison her]

I think we can afford to do this for now since it does seem that Myra is actually innocent and as the others have said, she has just been introduced and I want to hear her side of the story before I judge her.

• [Imprison Myra]

That was interesting finale. I guess we still need to keep an eye on her, so let's not kill or let her go without jail.

• The words for House Dryland were actually joriandrake's idea, but I'm pretty sure he got that idea from this song.

And yep, the next chapter will focus heavily on the war between Nymeria and Lucifer ;)

[Imprison Myra] After seeing her for the first time, now I think she might be innocent, but I don't believe she was completely unaware of w

• [Don't imprison her]

• The votings are still open, but now it's time for questions!

You can give as short or lenghty answers as you wish, I'd just like to hear your thoughts and opinions :)

1. Who is your favorite PoV after Chapter 2? Why? (You can give several)

2. Who is your least favorite PoV after Chapter 2?

3. Who is your favorite non-PoV after Chapter 2?

4. Who is your least favorite non-PoV after Chapter 2?

5. What was your favorite moment/part/scene in Chapter 2? (You can also tell your least favorite if you wish)

6. What has been your favorite storyline so far?

7. Do you have any advises/ideas/suggestions regarding the story that you'd like to share? Go ahead :)

Also, if you have any questions for me, feel free to ask!

• edited June 2017

Who is your favorite PoV after Chapter 2? Why? (You can give several)

I am really glad you specified that I can name several, because there is absolutely no way I could ever narrow this down to just one PoV. Or two. I probably have to name quite a number, but that is okay, given that there is quite a number of PoV's as well :D So, first of all, to get her out of the way, I naturally have to include Gwendis. No other PoV had me at the edge of my seat so constantly, even in parts where arguably not much happened that could be considered action-packed or dangerous. It is the entire situation she finds herself in, the atmosphere, the suspense. True, I probably got a couple of mini heart attacks once or twice, but I cannot deny that this is one hell of an exciting storyline. Exciting as in, better than coffee. Naturally, I also adore her as a character, the way you write and develop her. No matter what happens, I can't help myself but to root for her full success against the terrifying odds she faces. Another all-time favourite of mine is Jamison. I remember in Chapter 1, I had the feeling that his storyline was relatively low on highlights but that he as a character carries it really high. You improved the events for him tremendously there, while still keeping him so thoroughly enjoyable as a character. And seriously, I believe he had some of the best parts of this entire chapter. Third favourite... now it's getting a bit harder. I'm struggling between several here, but mostly between Nealia and Verro. Since I am a dirty cheat, I will pick both! Verro has been a bit out of question last time you asked for our favourites on account of just having a single part in Chapter 1 if I am not mistaken and I am just amazed how great he is as a character. He also gave one of the most intriguing viewpoints as a dothraki pirate sellsword bandit and follower of Efran, while still somehow being a relatively decent person. Nealia meanwhile, she's always been great, I knew that in Chapter 1 already and she had some of the emotional highlights of this chapter, with Illor, Lien and stuff. I also enjoyed her Lemonwood parts the most out of the action parts in this chapter.

Who is your least favorite PoV after Chapter 2?

Now, I am actually thankful that I can still pick Dalia. I am almost sure that I won't be able to hate her forever and that'll put me through the problem of having to find a new PoV to hate, especially with Tomas turning into a semi-okay guy, but in a chapter where I found every PoV to be fun and enjoyable, I am happy I can at least have a personal quarrel with Dalia. Seriously, she's alright, her storyline was fun to read, my opinion on her has improved over the course of the chapter, but you know that I naming anyone else as my least favourite PoV at this point would put me through physical pain. I am on the fence about her, cautiously watching her, while somehow hoping that she is better than I fear and fearing that she is worse than I hope. She is the only PoV where I can find subjective reason to dislike her and I will continue to do so for the time being.

Who is your favorite non-PoV after Chapter 2?

Okay, now we come to the hard questions again. It was a chapter filled with memorable secondary characters and notable development. One who impressed me in this chapter is Tryden, especially in Nealia's latest part where we got to see this different side of his. Bjorn is great, a complex character who still manages to be an utter bastard, but an enjoyable one at that. Lien has also grown on me tremendously and I think she was the one I found myself to be the most afraid for in the battle for Lemonwood. This entire situation with her, Nealia and Ying has made for some great moments and I am happy we get to explore it a bit more in Chapter 3, for the better or worse. And well, as much as I am disgusted at myself for even considering it, I think Desi can be included as well. This is odd, given I started hoping for her quick death, but while I can still somewhat uphold my dislike for Dalia, not even I can justify my gruge against Desi any longer. She's just too much a pure innocent ray of sunshine to hate her. So, in contrast I now absolutely love her. I believe her, I want to see her succeed and I want her to keep this innocence and most importantly, the compassion she shows. Out of this entire R'hllor/Great Other conflict, she is the only character whom I actually like, unless you count Gwen and Trentan, who have gotten into this by accident. And well, how could I not mention Lyla. Oh, Lyla :'( I always sort of liked her, aside from the very beginning and I am crushed at her early, brutal death. This directly plays a major role when it comes to my least favourites, which I will get to right now.

Who is your least favorite non-PoV after Chapter 2?

AHEM... hehehe, where to start? You know I'm having a slight, tiny, really insignificant antipathy towards a certain witch called Aisha, who...
    I'm sorry, I cannot do that without ranting about her, who is a completely insufferable fanatic bitch without a shred of compassion, empathy or humanizing traits, a frozen cold piece of shit who is using and abusing literally every single person she ever interacted with in the entire story, solely for her own completely ridiculous goals, who also happen to be absolutely rotten to the core evil.
    takes a deep breath
    She's the worst, if you can't tell. The absolute worst. Like, the Great Other is actually appearing to be almost decent next to her and he's the freaking god of evil! At least he doesn't pretend to be anything else. Yeah, I am super bitter at her, because not only is she single-handedly responsible for dragging Gwendis into what is one of the most terrifying situations imaginable. She also managed to trick me! There has been one moment where I actually fell for her lies, but thank R'hllor, I saw her for the hellish monster she truly is not long after. And that is something I really hold against her. I hate her so much, I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire. Speaking of fire, being burned to death would be almost too kind for her. A thoroughly disgusting and unlikable character that makes even characters such Albin Manwoody look alright in direct comparison. Only shortly behind her comes Wesley. I hate him so much, I refuse to call him by his real name. Actually, I do the same for Aisha, but I cannot find a clever name to call her by, aside from "utterly insufferable bitch that can rot in hell", but that is a bit too clunky to make for a good name. Anyway, Wesley is only marginally better than Aisha, on account of not being her. Yeah, she's so terrible, not being her is actually a redeeming trait. Other than that, Wesley is the same, if perhaps slightly less manipulative. I will never forgive either of them for killing my dearest Lyla and the only reason Wesley is not the Worstley is because he is, as said before, not Aisha. And though it seems a bit odd to include her after two characters whom I hate with such an everlasting passion, I must also include Mother Minesa. She's everything I accused Dalia and Desi of being. Like with Wesley, she has the redeeming trait of not being Aisha and on top of that, she is also opposed to Aisha, which is a good thing. Other than that, I loathe her and the sort of faith she stands for. So far, she hasn't given me a reason to personally wish for her violent, painful, very slow and very satisfying death, but I could see this as only being a matter of time. She still manages to be better than Aisha and Wesley, yes, but a random truckload of horseshit is better than these two. It also has less of a stench and a more pleasant personality.

What was your favorite moment/part/scene in Chapter 2? (You can also tell your least favorite if you wish)

Aaaah, well, after the easy time I had with the last question, here's a harder one, way harder. There have been countless scenes I consider to be noteworthy here, so I am just going to give you a couple of my favourites. There is every time Jamison fights. He can talk a big game, but these are the moments where we realize that he can absolutely back it up as well and that makes him so thoroughly awesome. He's not just an arrogant jerk, he's an arrogant jerk for a very good reason. Furthermore, there's Gwendis and her interaction with the Great Other, the moment where he warned her of the one that is most likely Valerie. Her chapter finale has also been outstanding and the fight between Lyla and Wesley was spectacular. Other great moments I consider to be worthy of note are Kortney reclaiming her identity, Tryden and Nealia making Corren beg for his life in the penultimate part of the chapter and Naemon telling Benedict how things really are between them and what a damn idiot my still-favourite king is.

What has been your favorite storyline so far?

I sort of got into this in the first question already, but I think I can get more in depth here. My absolute favourite is, for many reasons, Gwendis' storyline. I actually don't think I would have been that involved and invested if she would have gone to Skyreach. Ah, who am I kidding, of course I would have, but I think things would have been less intense and therefore I wouldn't be that enthralled by this whole situation. A scary, terrifying, aggravating mess it can be, but it is nothing if not exciting and thrilling. This entire situation makes it easy for me to become so overly protective of Gwen as a character and I just love how I myself keep second-guessing every single choice I make out of fear of messing up her chances to survive. Now, this is my absolute favourite. I can't mention any of the other without having gotten it out of the way first, because it is the only storyline where you got me already sitting at the edge of my seat when you merely announce a new part. Another storyline I found thrilling was Kortney's. She has improved a lot in this chapter in terms of mental health and seeing her breaking free from the delusion she lived in has been an awesome moment for sure. Aside from Gwen, she is the character I root for the most, because she's been through literal hell and worse and I just have to hope for her to make it out of there alive.

Do you have any advises/ideas/suggestions regarding the story that you'd like to share? Go ahead :)

I... no, actually I don't. I don't have any advice, other than that you continue to do what you're doing here, because it is working. Simple as that, the story is outstanding and easily one of the best things I have ever read, so I can't see anything I would suggest to do differently. Thank you for writing :)

Also, if you have any questions for me, feel free to ask!

Well... I don't know if you can answer this already, or if it is something I can ask next chapter, or maybe at some point in Book 2, but if Gwendis wouldn't have made the absolute mistake of trusting Aisha back in the early Chapter 2, how would the Skyreach route have gone for her so far? Like, what would have happened and things like that.

The votings are still open, but now it's time for questions! You can give as short or lenghty answers as you wish, I'd just like to hear

• [Imprison Myra]

I'm just going to look at things from Kris's perspective here. He truly believes that Myra bewitched him. He believes she is the reason for all the current death and destruction in Vaith. Now that he has found her and confronted her, it would not make much sense for him to do nothing. I think he would at least imprison her and question her.

• 1.- My favorite POV characters are Naelia and Nymeria, especially with Naelia heartbreaking goodbye to Illor. I also like how Nymeria buried the hatchet with Eraehra, and both now respect each other.

2.- My least favorite POV I guess is Kortney, while I can pity her circumstances, the bleakness of her situation and the very likely possibility she won't escape safely makes me wonder if I should keep trying to help her.

3.- My favorite Non-POV I guess it goes to Lien and Ying, and I like how their relationship with Naelia has improved. I also liked Davos Dayne and how he motivated Naemon.

4.- My least favorite non-POV are Ormond Bloodspill, mainly because he gives me Roose Bolton's vibes, but not nearly as charismatic, and the history of his house makes it seem ungrateful to the Martell. I also dislike Crusher, mostly because he's a sadistic bastard that believes is invincible.

5.- My favorite part was the assault on Lemonwood, mainly because this is the first large scale battle in the story.

6.- My favorite storyline I guess is Gwendis', since its one of the darkest and most uncertain ones, and I hope she succeeds in escaping the Great Other's grasp.

I don't know, I would like if someone drew the heraldry of the OC Houses, it would help imagine the colors and symbols. I would like to know more about Nesila's past, I kinda like her interactions with Verro.

The votings are still open, but now it's time for questions! You can give as short or lenghty answers as you wish, I'd just like to hear

• I am really glad you specified that I can name several, because there is absolutely no way I could ever narrow this down to just one PoV. Or two. I probably have to name quite a number, but that is okay, given that there is quite a number of PoV's as well :D So, first of all, to get her out of the way, I naturally have to include Gwendis. No other PoV had me at the edge of my seat so constantly, even in parts where arguably not much happened that could be considered action-packed or dangerous. It is the entire situation she finds herself in, the atmosphere, the suspense. True, I probably got a couple of mini heart attacks once or twice, but I cannot deny that this is one hell of an exciting storyline. Exciting as in, better than coffee. Naturally, I also adore her as a character, the way you write and develop her. No matter what happens, I can't help myself but to root for her full success against the terrifying odds she faces. Another all-time favourite of mine is Jamison. I remember in Chapter 1, I had the feeling that his storyline was relatively low on highlights but that he as a character carries it really high. You improved the events for him tremendously there, while still keeping him so thoroughly enjoyable as a character. And seriously, I believe he had some of the best parts of this entire chapter. Third favourite... now it's getting a bit harder. I'm struggling between several here, but mostly between Nealia and Verro. Since I am a dirty cheat, I will pick both! Verro has been a bit out of question last time you asked for our favourites on account of just having a single part in Chapter 1 if I am not mistaken and I am just amazed how great he is as a character. He also gave one of the most intriguing viewpoints as a dothraki pirate sellsword bandit and follower of Efran, while still somehow being a relatively decent person. Nealia meanwhile, she's always been great, I knew that in Chapter 1 already and she had some of the emotional highlights of this chapter, with Illor, Lien and stuff. I also enjoyed her Lemonwood parts the most out of the action parts in this chapter.

Well, I could guess you'd choose Gwendis and Jamison =) And I'm glad you're still enjoying the way I write Gwen, even if her circumstances have made some real changes to her behavior and demeanor. Still, I have tried to keep her the same character at core, while taking her through this dangerous path with Aisha. And with Jamison, I'm so glad I managed to give him more exciting parts in this chapter! He'll remain an interesting character in Chapter 3, I can promise that much :) I could also see you naming Nealia as one of your favorites, but I'm pleasantly surprised about Verro! He doesn't have as clear and strong motives as some other characters, but he does have values and attitudes that set him apart from most of the secondary characters in his storyline. Chapter 3 will also delve more into his realtionships with both Nesila and Efran. It hope it'll be interesting! And same goes for Nealia's relationships with Tryden and the Yu sisters :)

Now, I am actually thankful that I can still pick Dalia. I am almost sure that I won't be able to hate her forever and that'll put me through the problem of having to find a new PoV to hate, especially with Tomas turning into a semi-okay guy, but in a chapter where I found every PoV to be fun and enjoyable, I am happy I can at least have a personal quarrel with Dalia. Seriously, she's alright, her storyline was fun to read, my opinion on her has improved over the course of the chapter, but you know that I naming anyone else as my least favourite PoV at this point would put me through physical pain. I am on the fence about her, cautiously watching her, while somehow hoping that she is better than I fear and fearing that she is worse than I hope. She is the only PoV where I can find subjective reason to dislike her and I will continue to do so for the time being.

Hehe, well I could guess you'd choose Dalia, and I can definitely forgive you for disliking her, since there is indeed a pretty valid reason for it :D There are basically two ways where her story can go from here, and both of them should be quite interesting. I'm sure you'll still enjoy the ride, even if you won't like the character herself :p

Okay, now we come to the hard questions again. It was a chapter filled with memorable secondary characters and notable development. One who impressed me in this chapter is Tryden, especially in Nealia's latest part where we got to see this different side of his. Bjorn is great, a complex character who still manages to be an utter bastard, but an enjoyable one at that. Lien has also grown on me tremendously and I think she was the one I found myself to be the most afraid for in the battle for Lemonwood. This entire situation with her, Nealia and Ying has made for some great moments and I am happy we get to explore it a bit more in Chapter 3, for the better or worse. And well, as much as I am disgusted at myself for even considering it, I think Desi can be included as well. This is odd, given I started hoping for her quick death, but while I can still somewhat uphold my dislike for Dalia, not even I can justify my gruge against Desi any longer. She's just too much a pure innocent ray of sunshine to hate her. So, in contrast I now absolutely love her. I believe her, I want to see her succeed and I want her to keep this innocence and most importantly, the compassion she shows. Out of this entire R'hllor/Great Other conflict, she is the only character whom I actually like, unless you count Gwen and Trentan, who have gotten into this by accident. And well, how could I not mention Lyla. Oh, Lyla :'( I always sort of liked her, aside from the very beginning and I am crushed at her early, brutal death. This directly plays a major role when it comes to my least favourites, which I will get to right now.

Tryden was very much in the background in this chapter, aside from the very beginning and the very end, but he'll definitely get more scenes in the next chapter, which I'm certainly hyped for and I think you'll enjoy it too. Same goes for Lien and Ying, even if they had plenty of scenes already in this chapter. And I can see why you feared for Lien, it would've been quite a tragic twist. However, I feel like there is still lot to discover with the dynamics between Nealia and the Yu sisters, so it would've been a bit of a waste. And oh man, Bjorn is one of my personal favorites, so I'm so glad I've managed to make you like him! :D He'll have a pretty great role in Chapter 3 as well, but I'm not going to say anything more about that. Hehee, it looks like I've managed to make you like Desi as well, despite your initial dislike for her =) She is a surprisingly innocent character for being a Red Priestess, and a very respected one among her peers as well. And oh Lyla, she is probably the most tragic loss we've had in the story so far. Only Illor comes close to that.

AHEM... hehehe, where to start? You know I'm having a slight, tiny, really insignificant antipathy towards a certain witch called Aisha, who...

I'm sorry, I cannot do that without ranting about her, who is a completely insufferable fanatic bitch without a shred of compassion, empathy or humanizing traits, a frozen cold piece of shit who is using and abusing literally every single person she ever interacted with in the entire story, solely for her own completely ridiculous goals, who also happen to be absolutely rotten to the core evil.
    takes a deep breath

She's the worst, if you can't tell. The absolute worst. Like, the Great Other is actually appearing to be almost decent next to her and he's the freaking god of evil! At least he doesn't pretend to be anything else. Yeah, I am super bitter at her, because not only is she single-handedly responsible for dragging Gwendis into what is one of the most terrifying situations imaginable. She also managed to trick me! There has been one moment where I actually fell for her lies, but thank R'hllor, I saw her for the hellish monster she truly is not long after. And that is something I really hold against her. I hate her so much, I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire. Speaking of fire, being burned to death would be almost too kind for her. A thoroughly disgusting and unlikable character that makes even characters such Albin Manwoody look alright in direct comparison. Only shortly behind her comes Wesley. I hate him so much, I refuse to call him by his real name. Actually, I do the same for Aisha, but I cannot find a clever name to call her by, aside from "utterly insufferable bitch that can rot in hell", but that is a bit too clunky to make for a good name. Anyway, Wesley is only marginally better than Aisha, on account of not being her. Yeah, she's so terrible, not being her is actually a redeeming trait. Other than that, Wesley is the same, if perhaps slightly less manipulative. I will never forgive either of them for killing my dearest Lyla and the only reason Wesley is not the Worstley is because he is, as said before, not Aisha. And though it seems a bit odd to include her after two characters whom I hate with such an everlasting passion, I must also include Mother Minesa. She's everything I accused Dalia and Desi of being. Like with Wesley, she has the redeeming trait of not being Aisha and on top of that, she is also opposed to Aisha, which is a good thing. Other than that, I loathe her and the sort of faith she stands for. So far, she hasn't given me a reason to personally wish for her violent, painful, very slow and very satisfying death, but I could see this as only being a matter of time. She still manages to be better than Aisha and Wesley, yes, but a random truckload of horseshit is better than these two. It also has less of a stench and a more pleasant personality.

Whooh, that was quite a rant :D Anyway, I can't exactly say I'm surprised by your least favorites. Aisha, Mordekhai and Mother Minesa all deserve the hate, so it's not like I'd even want to try to defend them. All I can really say is that these characters you mentioned here will all have a very interesting Chapter 3 ;)

Aaaah, well, after the easy time I had with the last question, here's a harder one, way harder. There have been countless scenes I consider to be noteworthy here, so I am just going to give you a couple of my favourites. There is every time Jamison fights. He can talk a big game, but these are the moments where we realize that he can absolutely back it up as well and that makes him so thoroughly awesome. He's not just an arrogant jerk, he's an arrogant jerk for a very good reason. Furthermore, there's Gwendis and her interaction with the Great Other, the moment where he warned her of the one that is most likely Valerie. Her chapter finale has also been outstanding and the fight between Lyla and Wesley was spectacular. Other great moments I consider to be worthy of note are Kortney reclaiming her identity, Tryden and Nealia making Corren beg for his life in the penultimate part of the chapter and Naemon telling Benedict how things really are between them and what a damn idiot my still-favourite king is.

Both of Jamison's fights were moments I enjoyed writing very much. Even if in the second one I couldn't really include much of Jamison's character, just his skills :D And yeah, that is exactly why I love to write Jamison - he comes off as the kind of guy who talks big but can't back it up, except he actually can back it up =) And what comes to Gwendis' interactions with the Great Other... well, there will probably be more to come of that ;) And I guess it's also a given we'll see Mordekhai fighting again. Writing the scene between Naemon and Benedict was at the same time awesome but also painful. Benedict is probably my own favorite from the Kings as well, so it was kinda sad to write Naemon be so harsh towards him.

I sort of got into this in the first question already, but I think I can get more in depth here. My absolute favourite is, for many reasons, Gwendis' storyline. I actually don't think I would have been that involved and invested if she would have gone to Skyreach. Ah, who am I kidding, of course I would have, but I think things would have been less intense and therefore I wouldn't be that enthralled by this whole situation. A scary, terrifying, aggravating mess it can be, but it is nothing if not exciting and thrilling. This entire situation makes it easy for me to become so overly protective of Gwen as a character and I just love how I myself keep second-guessing every single choice I make out of fear of messing up her chances to survive. Now, this is my absolute favourite. I can't mention any of the other without having gotten it out of the way first, because it is the only storyline where you got me already sitting at the edge of my seat when you merely announce a new part. Another storyline I found thrilling was Kortney's. She has improved a lot in this chapter in terms of mental health and seeing her breaking free from the delusion she lived in has been an awesome moment for sure. Aside from Gwen, she is the character I root for the most, because she's been through literal hell and worse and I just have to hope for her to make it out of there alive.

Yeah, I can tell that the Chapter 2 storyline for the Skyreach route certainly wouldn't have been nearly as exciting as the Aisha route. It would've been safer, and it would've had its nice scenes, but there would've been no heart attacks involved :D As for Kortney, she had some big choices in this chapter, and a lot of tension built, but I'd say Chapter 3 is where her storyline will truly ramp up. She'll also already have quite thrilling parts while the other storylines are still building up towards their climaxes =)

I... no, actually I don't. I don't have any advice, other than that you continue to do what you're doing here, because it is working. Simple as that, the story is outstanding and easily one of the best things I have ever read, so I can't see anything I would suggest to do differently. Thank you for writing :)

It was nice to hear your thoughts once again, just like it is after every part! :) I'll most definitely keep writing, and try my best to make the story as good as it can be.

Well... I don't know if you can answer this already, or if it is something I can ask next chapter, or maybe at some point in Book 2, but if Gwendis wouldn't have made the absolute mistake of trusting Aisha back in the early Chapter 2, how would the Skyreach route have gone for her so far? Like, what would have happened and things like that.

Ah, well, this answer will be very bare bones, as I have stopped making any plans for this storyline long ago. Anyway, obviously the beginning would've been Gwendis travelling to Skyreach with a small escort. As that would've been out of the way, she would've met with Desmor, King Garrison and Isabella at Skyreach. Pretty soon the wedding would've been arranged. It would've been a very hastily arranged and cheap (for royalty) wedding, because Garrison wanted to just get over with it quickly. At the wedding night there would've been some choices with how Gwen wanted to start the marriage with Desmor. After that the parts would've mostly been just about getting to know these new people. With Desmor it would've obviously been about their marriage and building trust and possibly love, with Isabella it would've been about friendship, and with Garrison trying to prove that Gwen could be asset in the governance of the kingdom if given a chance. That said, it would've been mostly Chapter 3 that would've delved into Gwendis raising to power (or failing with wrong choices) in Skyreach. Oh, and the Great Other nightmares would've still bothered her.

Who is your favorite PoV after Chapter 2? Why? (You can give several) I am really glad you specified that I can name several, becaus

• My favorite POV characters are Naelia and Nymeria, especially with Naelia heartbreaking goodbye to Illor. I also like how Nymeria buried the hatchet with Eraehra, and both now respect each other.

Both of them characters I like very much myself =) Nealia will continue her journey with the Rose Company, and keep developing her relationship with characters like Tryden, Lien, Ying and Manda. Nymeria on the other hand, well, she'll have a huge Chapter 3 storyline, with a lot of war involved!

My least favorite POV I guess is Kortney, while I can pity her circumstances, the bleakness of her situation and the very likely possibility she won't escape safely makes me wonder if I should keep trying to help her.

Yeah, I can definitely see your viewpoint on this. While her Chapter 3 will most likely still have a pretty bleak atmosphere, just for being in Kingsgrave, she might have some triumphs as well, and there is definitely still hope for her.

My favorite Non-POV I guess it goes to Lien and Ying, and I like how their relationship with Naelia has improved. I also liked Davos Dayne and how he motivated Naemon.

Nice, it's good to hear people are liking Lien and Ying, since at one point I was a bit worried if people find their relationship with Nealia a boring thing to focus on =) And oh man, Davos is a character I'm very eager to keep developing.

My least favorite non-POV are Ormond Bloodspill, mainly because he gives me Roose Bolton's vibes, but not nearly as charismatic, and the history of his house makes it seem ungrateful to the Martell. I also dislike Crusher, mostly because he's a sadistic bastard that believes is invincible.

Yeah, Ormond definitely has some Roose in him. He really isn't someone I'd expect people to like, and you could say he is being very ungrateful towards his liege. And Mordekhai, while I enjoy writing him, I can't really disagree with anything you're saying there :D

My favorite part was the assault on Lemonwood, mainly because this is the first large scale battle in the story.

Indeed, this was the first large battle, though there are many more to come. I was initially a bit worried how I'd manage writing a large battle like that, but I'm mostly satisfied with how it went. And it's especially good that we had the assault on Lemonwood, since I didn't focus as much on the battle itself in Vaith. I had plans of focusing more on it, but Kris' choice of going with Dalia to search for Valerie sort of took away from that. I was also cautious not to have a battle fatigue at the end.

My favorite storyline I guess is Gwendis', since its one of the darkest and most uncertain ones, and I hope she succeeds in escaping the Great Other's grasp.

Yeah, Gwendis' storyline is pretty great, and it'll continue to be very exciting and thrilling in the next chapter ;)

I don't know, I would like if someone drew the heraldry of the OC Houses, it would help imagine the colors and symbols. I would like to know more about Nesila's past, I kinda like her interactions with Verro.

Hmm, I think I might work on some of those OC Houses heraldry. There are actually coat of arms done already for House Upton and House Tiddle, by joriandrake, I'll find them for you after this message. And what comes to Nesila, we'll learn much more about her in the next chapter :)

1.- My favorite POV characters are Naelia and Nymeria, especially with Naelia heartbreaking goodbye to Illor. I also like how Nymeria burie

• edited June 2017

Alright, here are some of jorian's work for the heraldry. First, House Upton:

enter image description here

House Tiddle:

And finally, House Drinkwater:

I'll probably soon work on sigils for other OC houses, like Granit, Bloodspill, Nightfall etc. :)

My favorite POV characters are Naelia and Nymeria, especially with Naelia heartbreaking goodbye to Illor. I also like how Nymeria buried the

• Well, I could guess you'd choose Gwendis and Jamison =) And I'm glad you're still enjoying the way I write Gwen, even if her circumstances have made some real changes to her behavior and demeanor. Still, I have tried to keep her the same character at core, while taking her through this dangerous path with Aisha. And with Jamison, I'm so glad I managed to give him more exciting parts in this chapter! He'll remain an interesting character in Chapter 3, I can promise that much :) I could also see you naming Nealia as one of your favorites, but I'm pleasantly surprised about Verro! He doesn't have as clear and strong motives as some other characters, but he does have values and attitudes that set him apart from most of the secondary characters in his storyline. Chapter 3 will also delve more into his realtionships with both Nesila and Efran. It hope it'll be interesting! And same goes for Nealia's relationships with Tryden and the Yu sisters :)

You bet I love the way you write her =) I always did from the very beginning, but Chapter 2 was where I got truly invested in her storyline, because of how challenging it is, not only to keep her alive, sane and healthy through our choices, but also due to the circumstances themselves, who keep challenging her with trying to maintain her personality and morals. That is just amazing and a big reason in just why I enjoy her so much. And Verro, he surprised me as well in this chapter, on account of me not knowing much about him last time. But he's a great addition to the story and one I am happy to see developed in these parts. I actually only realized how much I enjoy him when I thought about my favourites and noticed that Verro had a constantly great storyline in this chapter and really grew as a character. He is perhaps not as high in my favour as Gwen or Jamison, but I surprisingly find myself as invested in his fate as I am in Nealia's.

Hehe, well I could guess you'd choose Dalia, and I can definitely forgive you for disliking her, since there is indeed a pretty valid reason for it :D There are basically two ways where her story can go from here, and both of them should be quite interesting. I'm sure you'll still enjoy the ride, even if you won't like the character herself :p

You know, I really hope there's not a valid reason for it and that I am just paranoid :D She's this one character whom I want to like and by all means actually should, but just can't. Of course, I fear that she could be the warrior from Gwendis' vision, but with the vision itself only showing one possible future (and coming from a god of evil with a certain interest in manipulating Gwen), I keep thinking that we might actually find ways to make her spare Gwen. Maybe we even already have through the strong way we kept rejecting the Great Other in this chapter and my entire hatred is no longer founded at all. And at the same time, I am not willing to keep them away from each other either and I don't know if this is foresighted or foolish. With Wesley around, I think that Dalia might even be a saviour, there's probably a chance that this will happen as well. All I know is, we won't have a chance at taking down the true monster here if Dalia is not around when the confrontation happens and that would probably make me hate her just as much. Until then, we probably have to keep rejecting the Great Other with Gwen. But ah, it is frustrating that I don't know if I should like her or hate her and this frustration is showing in how dedicated I still am at hating her :D

Whooh, that was quite a rant :D Anyway, I can't exactly say I'm surprised by your least favorites. Aisha, Mordekhai and Mother Minesa all deserve the hate, so it's not like I'd even want to try to defend them. All I can really say is that these characters you mentioned here will all have a very interesting Chapter 3 ;)

I know, I am proud of myself for this rant B) Though I would have loved to surprise you there by naming anyone else, it's probably clear why I cannot chose anyone but these three. Valerie might be a big possibility as well, if she is the one from Gwendis' second vision, but for now, Aisha, Wesley and Minesa are the worst. Aisha is Worst #1 of course and I'd probably find ways to continue keeping her at that position even if Valerie becomes the main threat to Gwen. After all, nothing of this would have happened if Aisha would have had the decency to never be born. Actually, that reminds me, I should probably include Aisha's parents in my list of least favourites, at roughly the same level of hate I hold for Wesley. Fuck them for not just throwing that hellspawn down a well after her birth, they could have done the world a favour. Oh boy, here we go again. It's Rant 2.0. I really have to get more creative if I want to carry this through the entirety of Chapter 3. And just imagine the problems I'll get if Aisha survives to Book 2. Or if I have to rant about Valerie as well. This is a legit problem I'm facing right there! At worst, I have to start repeating myself. I actually think I already did. Have I ever mentioned that Aisha is the worst?

Both of Jamison's fights were moments I enjoyed writing very much. Even if in the second one I couldn't really include much of Jamison's character, just his skills :D And yeah, that is exactly why I love to write Jamison - he comes off as the kind of guy who talks big but can't back it up, except he actually can back it up =) And what comes to Gwendis' interactions with the Great Other... well, there will probably be more to come of that ;) And I guess it's also a given we'll see Mordekhai fighting again. Writing the scene between Naemon and Benedict was at the same time awesome but also painful. Benedict is probably my own favorite from the Kings as well, so it was kinda sad to write Naemon be so harsh towards him.

It was exactly this display of skill that made it so awesome. We already get to see plenty of Jamison's character in his own parts, but seeing nothing but his raw skill is something else. We haven't seen something like this before and I truly hope we won't ever again. But I hope we'll see more of Jamison in Chapter 3 =) Also, yeah, I do fear that there will be more interactions with the Great Other. I'll try to prevent them, but I guess Aisha is at the point where she just outright forces them. But well, there have to be ways to keep resisting if we want to get Gwen through this alive. Nothing good can come out of giving in to that dark power, at least not as long as she hasn't a mentor who could truly teach her how to control it and use it for good. With that, I mean Desi. If there is anyone I trust with teaching Gwen how to maybe even turn this power against the evil god she got it from, it's her. Aisha, that wet fart of a person, she can go and fuck herself. So can Wesley, but I guess we might actually get a chance to see his death in the next chapter if he fights Dalia or maybe even Jamison, depending on where the Sword of the Night is heading to next. And Benny, well, he might be not a bad guy and I like him a lot (seriously, I adored writing him in the latest H&L), but I have no doubt that he deserved Naemon's rant. He still hasn't learned a damn thing and Gwendis' current misery is partially his fault for sure.

Ah, well, this answer will be very bare bones, as I have stopped making any plans for this storyline long ago. Anyway, obviously the beginning would've been Gwendis travelling to Skyreach with a small escort. As that would've been out of the way, she would've met with Desmor, King Garrison and Isabella at Skyreach. Pretty soon the wedding would've been arranged. It would've been a very hastily arranged and cheap (for royalty) wedding, because Garrison wanted to just get over with it quickly. At the wedding night there would've been some choices with how Gwen wanted to start the marriage with Desmor. After that the parts would've mostly been just about getting to know these new people. With Desmor it would've obviously been about their marriage and building trust and possibly love, with Isabella it would've been about friendship, and with Garrison trying to prove that Gwen could be asset in the governance of the kingdom if given a chance. That said, it would've been mostly Chapter 3 that would've delved into Gwendis raising to power (or failing with wrong choices) in Skyreach. Oh, and the Great Other nightmares would've still bothered her.

Hm, this would have sounded... nice. I mean, I would have loved this. Gwen and Desmor getting closer, Isabella becoming a friend and Garrison being more present in the story and all this, I would have liked this a lot. However, it would have undoubtedly been way less thrilling. As much as I fear for her life in the current route, it does hold some chances and if there is any good coming out of it, it will be something she legitimatly has to work for to earn it. That might ultimately mean that any form of success could be more satisfying than what comes out of the Skyreach route, even if that would have been the safer one. I think I once described Aisha's route as a high risk/high reward situation, whereas Skyreach plays it safe, but ultimately would have likely not seen Gwendis rising above her rather mediocre position. Now... well, no matter what happens, she seems to be a key figure in a matter that involves literal gods and demons, it can't get much more epic than that. To say something good about the Aisha route for once :D And since I just used the words "Aisha" and "good" in the same sentence, let me just clarify that this witch is still a cold-hearted cockroach that can't die soon enough. If she'd just drop dead offscreen btween now and the next time we see her, nothing of value would have been lost. I should probably find a different name for that route, because I don't want to keep praising how thrilling it is while simultaneously using her name in a positive way. So... Great Other route, that sounds equal parts, more menacing and more fitting.

Actually, there is another question you might already be able to answer, come to think of Aisha. How would she have reacted if Gwendis wouldn't have begged Lyla to spare Trentan? What would the consequences coming out of that be?

I am really glad you specified that I can name several, because there is absolutely no way I could ever narrow this down to just one PoV. Or

• edited June 2017

Well I still only have my phone but I won't not do the questions so here we go!

1. Well I'll get the obvious ones of the way first. Of course my main favorites are Jamison and Isabella! :D With Isabella, I have enjoyed her storyline immensely and it is cool that we have learned some neat things through her PoV such as the false flag operation against the Blackmont's and also we have learned about Garrison Fowler who is arguably one of if not the most intriguing king in the story. While she has had a more laid back storyline, it suits her character and I enjoy it greatly! With the betrothal proposal being sent, she could be heading to Starfall as soon as Chapter 3 which I am excited for and with a theory I have I also think that she needs to get out of Skyreach asap :D Anyway, great job with her and I look forward to seeing where her storyline goes! Now for Jamison! You have his character down perfectly. I know I say it alot but it really is true. He has that confidence and arrogance that I imagined along with that chip on his shoulder and he backs up everything he says. I can say nothing but great things about how you write him. I also have really enjoyed his storyline throughout and seeing him fight has been absolutely awesome every time! I am also insanely relieved that Kris went with Dalia because now Jamison will just have a cool looking scar rather than be facially disfigured :D I voted the opposite so I would have been pretty mad at myself when that happened! Anyway with you saying there will be a two year time skip between book one and two, I am intrigued to see where Jamison ends up going and I look forward to it! Now so I don't sound completely biased, I will mention other favorites of mine :D I would say they are Gwendis , Naemon and Tomas! Gwendis clearly has an interesting storyline that keeps me wondering about the best choice everytime while Naemon has had alot of character development taking on more responsibility in every part and I am excited to see how he does in stopping Karsan Taller's rebellion! As for Tomas, he really embodies what I like about GoT as a whole and that good and bad comes down to perspective. He went from being the pure antagonist PoV to now me rooting for him to succeed!

2. Honestly at this point, I don't really have one. I think last time I said Nymeria but her storyline has really been pretty exciting and even though we know she wins, it is awesome getting to define her legacy in a way! But yeah I have enjoyed all the PoV's so I can't say I have a least favorite at this point.

3. There are so many so I am going to choose some random favorites of mine! King Vorian not only because he is Jamison and Malcolm's dad and the closest thing to a true knight but also because I am really hyped to see what he is like when he declares war on Nymeria. He has been very honorable when shown so far and I am curious to see if his ways change when he calls his banners! I don't think she appeared in Chapter 2 but I also really like Obara Fowler! When she appeared she was interesting and character to watch out for as well. I would say she will return soon and I am intrigued to see her role! Other favorites of mine are also Malcolm, Alester of course along with Kings Garrison and Benedict! Idk if I should consider him a favorite but I am curious to see Roryn Drumm's role moving forward too!

4. I would say I will go with Mordekhai largely because he killed Lyla and now he is a clear threat to Gwendis as well. I am definitely excited for someone to defeat him!

5. It has been talked about already but I do have to mention everytime Jamison fights as well! You have built Jamison up so well that when he fights I really feel like it is going down and we will witness something cool which is always true! I also enjoyed Naemon confronting Benedict and telling how he feels because it was such a powerful moment! There are many more but I would be all day typing them all :D There id no way I can't not include this one, when Jamison showed Horidos' severed head to the Allyrion's to show what happens when someone crosses him :D I have no clue how I forgot to include that one!

6. At this point, it has to be Gwendis and Kortney largely because of the circumstances they are in and how unpredictable it is!

7. Honestly Wildling, the only thing I would reccommend is to keep writing the story! It is excellent and I look forward to every part!

As for questions I do have a couple of what if questions :D

I can't remember if I asked or not but what would have happened if we would have chosen to seek refuge in Yronwood? Also, what would have happened if we would have chosen for Isabella to wait on semding the proposal? I am sure I will think of more but I will just post these two for now. I Have typed alot on my phone and I need a break :D Great job on Chapter 2 and I look forward to Chapter 3!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.