Who's your favorite Rapper and why?

edited September 2017 in General Chat

aaa

Comments

• Wu Tang Clan. Also like Mobb Deep, Big L, Biggie, Snoop Dogg, Eazy E. I like a lot of rap from the 90s.

• None, they all suck the big fat one

• Most do suck. I produce artists and am sick of the fake tough guy, rich kid rap. So I like KillJoy Marx.

• if you think every rapper on earth sucks then that shows you're too lazy to dig for actually good music and you've only scratched the shitty surface of mainstream music that everyone ever sees.

None, they all suck the big fat one

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2017

I'll spitball some names I like, off the top of my head:

• J Dilla
    • Ice Cube
    • Childish Gambino
    • Eminem
    • Dr Dre

...and, as weird as this sounds, Pink Guy/Filthy Frank make some good material too.

Also, if you are into more artsy stuff, Nujabes is also some classy stuff. In particular, J Dilla and Nujabes are really great.

• Tell you what, there is an older Rap thread that had a pretty decent amount of posts. Would you like me to merge this thread with the other one to get some more activity hopefully going?

I'll spitball some names I like, off the top of my head: * J Dilla * Ice Cube * Childish Gambino * Eminem * Dr Dre ...and, as w

• I don't really like rap at all. I think that is with the family. My mother legitimally gets aggressive when she hears rap for longer than like 4 minutes. There is but one kind of rappers I listen to. And that is Epic Rap Battles of History. But that is it.

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited June 2017

Andre 3000 has to be my favorite of all time. He was one half of OutKast, which is my favorite group.

3k did it all: gangsta rap, sci-if nerd rap, soul music, blues. He and Big Boi made the kind of music that he wanted to make, he didn't care if people in the hood accused him of being gay or on drugs (which they sometimes did). He had the lyrics to shut up those who doubted him.

He's multi-talented too, having taught himself how to play the guitar and piano at the height of his rap career and injecting it into his music. Guy could shred. He also did a good bit of the composing and producing.

Some great OutKast stuff

Insanely fast rapping, gospel and an electric guitar solo.

• Do Bo Burnham and Joji Miller count?

• My man DMX. He might be a horrible human being outside music, but his music is just fucking great.

As for other rappers, I'd say my favorites are: Busta Rhymes, Eminem, Dr. Dre, 2Pac, 50 Cent, Kanye West, A$AP Rocky and Lil Wayne. I like bad rappers, eh?

• Eminem definitely. His lyrics and skill are great. Also I admire how he made it from the bottom to the top.
    I really like Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Kevin Gates and Tyga as well.

• MrJavaMrJava Banned

You cant deny the fact that this guy is awesome. Its Turkish, may be problem tho.

• I like Eminem, his rapping is fast, and that's the point of rapping, right? His songs are also good.

• My favorite is Pootie Tang, he so good he don't need words or music :joy:

• Or maybe they dont like rap?

if you think every rapper on earth sucks then that shows you're too lazy to dig for actually good music and you've only scratched the shitty surface of mainstream music that everyone ever sees.

• Freddie Gibbs for sure

• Pink Guy destroys all those black homies. He is best rapper ever. Raps and cooks at the same time. Snoop, dre, m&m would crap themselves in face of dark lord Chin-Chin.

Another great rapper is David Faustino (know also as Grand Bastard B ).

• No one, personally. Rap is the only genre of music that I can't bring myself to listen to besides Metal.

• I like a few of them, most of them 90's artists but their music still kicks the shit out of today's garbage

Tupac

Notorious B.I.G

Eminem

Fugees

Eazy E

DMX

Wu Tang Clan

• Thread is revived? Nice. Huge rap fan here.

Here are my favorites.

Juice WRLD

Tee Grizzly

Lil Mosey

• I would say my favorite rapper is probably Denzel Curry. I just really think his music is some of the best rap being made rn.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.