Should S2 be set before, or AFTER the comic book?

...as in, should the series take place before Fables #1 (like S1 did), or after Fables #150?

I'm not too familiar with the events of the comic book series, so maybe other fans would have a better idea what would work and what wouldn't.

Comments

• It should be set after the comic books, so they can have a lot more freedom.

• edited August 2017

Definitely before.

Fabletown no longer exists by the time main series comes to an end, so without Fabletown for Bigby to be a sheriff of, having more seasons of TWAU would lose most of its meaning (I mean sure, they can still try to craft a story without Fabletown, but where's the fun in that? Players exploring Fabletown was one of the highlights of TWAU, and still is one of the reasons that TWAU fans really enjoy about Wolf.

• edited August 2017

Before. That's the only way I can accept it.

Now, I'd love to see TWAU2 taking place maybe in a year or two after events of the first season (so our s1 choices matter), but I know it's not very likely, so I'll be fine with anything Telltale will come up with, as long as it's set before vol 1 of comic books. I just hope they keep that great, dark atmosphere with noir elements and interesting mystery.

• I'd much rather prefer "before" setting, seeing as how fans who haven't read the comics would probably be quite confused as to what has happened, they wouldn't know a lot of characters and would have trouble immersing in the world when they don't know jack about it.

• Before the comics would work way better for many reasons. Sure after the comics would give "more freedom" but they wouldnt be able to make a story like The Wolf Among Us Season 1 at all, by the end of the comics too much stuff is way different so placing it after the comics would lead to just a ton of confusion.

• Before. It shouldn't be too son after s1 because it would vary a lot depending on the fables fearing you or not. And I want a place where they are weary of Bigby, and that gets influenced by good or bad actions.

• Definitely before. Or during... At some point (I forget exactly) Bigby dies. Of course, I want them to completely off canon and do very significantly different things than the comic books. For example: I don't want Bigby to end up with Snow.

• edited September 2017

I haven't read the comics, but I don't think it should stray too far away from when the first game was set. I want some sort of follow up on the ending (but I'm prepared for them not to), and I know it isn't going to be set immediately after. I think a few years after the events of the first game is a good guess, I would be fine with that.

The 80's neon-noir aesthetic is only present in the game because it is set before, it is not apart of the comics from what I heard and that was a pretty big element that drew me into the game. If they set the game anywhere else or even at a different time, it would make less sense to have those elements.

• eh idk. a LOT of things happen during the timeline so the whole game would just be spoiler-central to those who haven't read the comics yet. it'd also be a big pill to swallow.

(COMIC SPOILERS BELOW!)

Bigby and Snow are married!

Snow has 5 kids with Bigby. One dies, one grows up 20+ years

Flycatcher owns a kingdom and is married to Little red riding hood

Bluebeard is dead

Crane is dead

Colin is dead

Crap, this is depressing. I'm gonna stop. Also, apologies to whoever accidentally read this and got spoiled, but I did give you two warnings!

It should be set after the comic books, so they can have a lot more freedom.

• The game could probably take place a year or two after the first season of the game. Perhaps introduce the first computer to the business office and Bigby tries to use the computer and can't figure out how to use it and stomps off saying something like "Fuck this shit I'll find whoever without this piece of shit." It would be pretty funny and fit Bigby's character as he states in the comics that he doesn't drive because of him being quick to anger and being wolf or something like that.

VenomHD posted: »

I haven't read the comics, but I don't think it should stray too far away from when the first game was set. I want some sort of follow up on

• Honestly, I don't know how I feel about the computer idea. Maybe I'm being stubborn about wanting things kept the same, but I liked them going through old books to find the info and the rest of it being true noir (as in following up leads on foot/interrogating people, etc).

The game could probably take place a year or two after the first season of the game. Perhaps introduce the first computer to the business of

• That's why I said that Bigby says "Fuck his shit" because he can't use it and refers to using books and investigation to figure stuff out and receive people's thoughts through word of mouth. Perhaps the only thing Bigby can do on the computer is open his mail which will act like a sort of codex for the characters he meets in the game?

VenomHD posted: »

Honestly, I don't know how I feel about the computer idea. Maybe I'm being stubborn about wanting things kept the same, but I liked them goi

• Oh, okay. Yeah, I would be fine with that. It would have to have more reasoning to be there, in terms of narrative I mean. The bat-computer is essentially built into the character of Batman, so that was an easy way of implementing those extras. It's not a huge deal to me to have character profiles be accessible during gameplay, though it does seem likely that they will find a way. We'll see, I guess.

That's why I said that Bigby says "Fuck his shit" because he can't use it and refers to using books and investigation to figure stuff out an

• Before. I haven’t read the comics but by reading some post and hearing what happens in the comics I want to continue the story of the gane after that mystery ending in s1.

• Yea the whole Faith/Nerissa thing is a mystery I want to have solved. We might know that it is Faith because she is able to disguise herself but now the question is who is making those glamours? I think the next season has to involve Faith/Nerissa, at the very least giving her a minor role in the story or perhaps she can be Bigby's love interest seeing as he is not yet married to Snow White or in a relationship with her.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Before. I haven’t read the comics but by reading some post and hearing what happens in the comics I want to continue the story of the gane after that mystery ending in s1.

• Or they may create an alternative version of the origin ?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.