Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• why would anyone mess up with time

tree times

enter image description here

Someone messed up with time, three times.

• We're living in the deranged timeline.

Someone messed up with time, three times.

• With 4K resolution it's too obvious that they took Dontnod's models and made 2D cardboards out of them. Those characters are ones you meet in the first game, which could make them easter eggs.

MichaelBP posted: »

I guess they just decided to use the same type models/sprites that Dontnod used in the original, for faraway npcs.

• edited September 2017

• Not that I'm immediately interesting in buying "Before The Storm", but how does it compare to Season 1 in terms of writing and overall quality? For reference, I liked Episodes 2-4 of Season 1 but disliked Episodes 1 and 5.

• At it's worst...it is so cringe...but at it's best and if you take the time to explore and read her journal...it is a very strong episode...probably one of the best....my worst fear was that when we meet Rachel Amber...she would be so underwhelming after the build up in season 1...but she is good. So I would say get it...have fun.

Not that I'm immediately interesting in buying "Before The Storm", but how does it compare to Season 1 in terms of writing and overall quality? For reference, I liked Episodes 2-4 of Season 1 but disliked Episodes 1 and 5.

• Gosh, episode 2 is looking good. Wish they hadn't spoiled that Callamastia would have a rematch with Dur-dude, while mounting her giant raven.

• Better-- way better. Kinda. I mean, the main characters are better, for sure, and the story is interesting. Chloe is way a better protagonist that Max (she has this thing-- what wa the name Oh, yeah: Personality) and she's far from being the spoiled brat she was in the first game. She's a lot nicer, even when bitchy. She's still bitchy but she's not arrogant, she won't blame others for her problems ans shit. The Backtalk thing is, in my opinio, better than the rewind. The story doesn't seem to be taking to anywhere until the second dream scene (see for yourself), looking mostly like the story of some teenagers against society. The ending of the first Episode-- Oh, the ending is brutal. I think everyone saw it coming but it doesn't make it less awsome. It makes you wonder why Golden Chloe (this Chloe, the 19 years old one was Blue Chloe) wasn't the protagonist of the first game.

I think the character development was better and the graphics and animations are great. The characters now move their lips when they talk and seeing them have facial expressions is so satifying... The music is also great.

It fixes a lot of problems from the first season but this episode is clearly just setting the stage for the next two.

The story feels a lot less... "big". It's not about the corruption of the goverment and secret conspiracies, it's a lot smaller, more down to earth while still having magical things that... actually make a lot of sense. Kind of. Well, it doesn't make sense at all, but it feels very, very good. I think that smaller stories about small people with small problems are way better than a big war or something. It's strange, but awsome.

But this season doesn't have Kate so meh

Not that I'm immediately interesting in buying "Before The Storm", but how does it compare to Season 1 in terms of writing and overall quality? For reference, I liked Episodes 2-4 of Season 1 but disliked Episodes 1 and 5.

• well, we can't say they don't have a sense of humor. I wonder if there is some actual foreshadowing going on here.

Gosh, episode 2 is looking good. Wish they hadn't spoiled that Callamastia would have a rematch with Dur-dude, while mounting her giant raven. https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/905858174493872129

• That is true. Overall there's some pretty heavy association between the raven and Chloe, from one of her shirts, a drawing of it in her journal, to the raven following her around and invading her dreams. To what this'll lead I guess we'll have to wait and see whether or not the raven really has a connection to anyone besides Chloe (i.e Rachel or Ruth).

well, we can't say they don't have a sense of humor. I wonder if there is some actual foreshadowing going on here.

• Why does this sound like a very Game Of Thrones thing?

Gosh, episode 2 is looking good. Wish they hadn't spoiled that Callamastia would have a rematch with Dur-dude, while mounting her giant raven. https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/905858174493872129

• Maybe in a surprise twist, the raven will turn out to be Bran this whole time.

Why does this sound like a very Game Of Thrones thing?

• Gotta say, if the LiS live-action series ends up getting made and if it were to be set in Arcadia Bay and around the same timeframe as season 1, I think that at least Kate's VA could reprise her role.

• The first episode was more 2-4 in terms of quality.

• Yeah, I think she could fit her fine. It will also be nice to hear her voice again. But isn't she a little old? How old is she anyways?

Gotta say, if the LiS live-action series ends up getting made and if it were to be set in Arcadia Bay and around the same timeframe as season 1, I think that at least Kate's VA could reprise her role.

• I need a little help, if anyone could help. I bought the deluxe addition to get Chloe's additional outfits. But how do I use them? When I go open the drawer to get Chloe dress, there's always only one option.

• It is not normal, you should have 5 options

MosesARose posted: »

I need a little help, if anyone could help. I bought the deluxe addition to get Chloe's additional outfits. But how do I use them? When I go open the drawer to get Chloe dress, there's always only one option.

• Are you on PS4 ?
    Did you download the add-on/dlc ?

I need a little help, if anyone could help. I bought the deluxe addition to get Chloe's additional outfits. But how do I use them? When I go open the drawer to get Chloe dress, there's always only one option.

• edited September 2017

As someone who found episodes 1 and 5 dreadful for the most part. The premiere here was actually really solid. Its a slow episode in the sense that stuff doesn't start kicking off until over halfway but the level interaction and character activities are some of the best I've seen from the series, also the outlandish writing fits Chloe snuggly compared to Max who sounds so wrong when she's using it not ironically. The good news is that not everyone talks like a out of touch 40 year old trying to fit in with the local teens which is a recommendation enough.

• What the original did well, BtS does much much better. What the original did badly, BtS does them not quite as badly.

• edited September 2017

Just ended the episode. I wasn't expecting the ending, tbh I wasn't expecting to be so good I LOVE IT, BTS EP 1 has a lot more action than EP 1 of the original LIS and they improved a lot of things. Playing as Chloe in my opinion is way better, interesting and fun than playing as Max, maybe bc she has more personality than Max, sorry Max.
    I had no high expectations mainly bc the comments here about how the game was going to be weren't nice. But now I don't care I loved BEFORE THE STORM and I can't wait till episode 2!

• Yeah I'm on PS4. My notifications said the dlc downloaded, but nothing. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall the game and see if that works. Thanks for the help.

Are you on PS4 ? Did you download the add-on/dlc ?

• That's weird. Moving the right stick did nothing?
    Quite an odd glitch to happen.

• The first episode of Before the Storm is better than most of LiS. I'm...really surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did considering my dislike for the original.

• Damn 10/10 quality cosplay

On a side note please don't let that live action tv show be a thing the game's dialogue is bad enough as it is.

Gotta say, if the LiS live-action series ends up getting made and if it were to be set in Arcadia Bay and around the same timeframe as season 1, I think that at least Kate's VA could reprise her role.

• I blame French to English translations.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Damn 10/10 quality cosplay On a side note please don't let that live action tv show be a thing the game's dialogue is bad enough as it is.

• I have the same problem too! When I open the drawer, I get the 2-3 (i think? depending if you stole the firewalk one? I only played twice and both times stole it) "normal" outfits (the raven, the firewalk and the fire butterfly) and then ONE deluxe outfit (the "Classic Chloe" one, with the jacket and the animal skull tank top).

• Hey guys how the shit do I use the mixtape mode? thanks

• Should be in the Extras in the main menu, I believe? Same place you can view your choices too.

Hey guys how the shit do I use the mixtape mode? thanks

• It is, but I don't know how to use it, or what it is.

Should be in the Extras in the main menu, I believe? Same place you can view your choices too.

• Just queue some tracks, then those tracks play in that order during "chill" sections.

It is, but I don't know how to use it, or what it is.

• oooh ok

Clord posted: »

Just queue some tracks, then those tracks play in that order during "chill" sections.

• Max is an awfully bland protagonist, I won't lie.

MegaXD posted: »

Just ended the episode. I wasn't expecting the ending, tbh I wasn't expecting to be so good I LOVE IT, BTS EP 1 has a lot more action than E

• Pre-order bonus ?

I have the same problem too! When I open the drawer, I get the 2-3 (i think? depending if you stole the firewalk one? I only played twice an

• what?

Pre-order bonus ?

• I am not sure but I think there is an additional outfit if you preordered the game

what?

• That would be Classic Chloe, that's the preorder bonus. The deluxe ones are Punk Doe, Hawt Dawg Man and Illuminati.

I am not sure but I think there is an additional outfit if you preordered the game

• I'm sort of upset that canonically Bojack played and enjoyed Life is Strange, although the interactions between the two of them are adorable.

• how do i change audio settings? so that all the curse words are muted/censored?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.