Season 2 Canned? Mod Edit: Staff confirmed Season 2 is NOT Cancelled

I'm sorry if this isn't the right way to address this or bring it up, i'm in such a flurry that I honestly just made this account right now (i've followed the forums as an observer and not a partaker for a couple of years) as all of this gossip is making me so worried!

a ign gamescoop video was released yesterday () where at the 43 minute mark, they flat out say yeah the second season has been cancelled, but it just hasn't been announced? I want to say they're just speculating, but they said it pretty damn confidently.

when I first watched I wasn't sure, because I had read that ign themselves wrote before that telltale had released a press statement saying that their announced titles (twau s2 and twd s4 of course) wouldn't be affected with the layoffs and whatnot, (http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/11/07/telltale-games-lays-off-25-percent-of-staff-as-part-of-company-restructure) but now i'm not sure what to believe? :neutral:

a french site has even released an article about it. (http://www.gameblog.fr/news/72784-the-wolf-among-us-la-saison-2-pourrait-etre-annulee-par-tell)

I know it's hopefully more than likely just silly rumours.. I hope.. but regardless it would be nice to have some clarity (so I can either breathe or cry for 10 years in my bed)

Comments

• edited January 2018

I can’t say for certain, as I’m just a forum member, but don’t worry!

They already said the layoff isn’t going to affect projects that were already announced, like Wolf Among Us Season 2.

In fact, looking back at the staff AMA from a few years ago, the Wolf staff that commented (@Nicole_M and @kessjrause ) are still marked as staff instead of alumni, so that means they’re still working at Telltale.

• one can only hope! I doubt telltale would feel the need to address this unless it was true but damn, I just think it's not cool to say what they're saying (to such a large following) so surely when nothing has actually been announced

I can’t say for certain, as I’m just a forum member, but don’t worry! They already said the layoff isn’t going to affect projects that we

• I completely agree, I think they should have at least said maybe or might to keep their statements hypothetical instead of worrying people.

I can promise you they got more people worried; with a following that IGN has, there’s no way they didn’t send at least 20 people worried about Wolf. The game itself has a large following to the point where there have been multiple threads requesting season 2 and keeping speculation going in between the seasons (which has been a terribly long time.) So I don’t think Telltale would cancel such a demanded game.

one can only hope! I doubt telltale would feel the need to address this unless it was true but damn, I just think it's not cool to say what they're saying (to such a large following) so surely when nothing has actually been announced

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It was confirmed that none of the currently announced games would be affected by the layoffs which would include TWAU season 2.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-11-07-telltale-games-restructures-cuts-90-staff

The company-wide restructuring is taking place to "make the company more competitive as a developer and publisher of groundbreaking story-driven gaming experiences with an emphasis on high quality in the years ahead." Representatives said that the restructuring should not have any impact on any of the developer's previously announced projects.

• thank you! like that's an official statement and junk, so why do we have people from ign saying these things :neutral:

hi Dan, The Wolf Among Us season 2 is canceled ?! pic.twitter.com/1VUGG4pC3i

— Sylvain Trinel (@SylvainTrinel) January 5, 2018

Not officially, it seems, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

— Dan Stapleton (@DanStapleton) January 5, 2018
    OzzyUK posted: »

It was confirmed that none of the currently announced games would be affected by the layoffs which would include TWAU season 2. http://ww

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Don't know why they said that. As several people have already pointed out, the layoffs didn't affect already announced projects (a group of titles that Season 2 is a part of).

Anyways, no need to fret! :)

• ahhh ok, it is relieving to hear you say it! apologies if this seemed silly or an over-reaction (big dweeb for the series), it's genuinely just so lame of them to be giving such nonfactual information (as ambiguous as it may be) on a platform like theirs! but again thank you and the others for the reassurance :smiley:

Don't know why they said that. As several people have already pointed out, the layoffs didn't affect already announced projects (a group of titles that Season 2 is a part of). Anyways, no need to fret!

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

No worries! It's not an overreaction - I saw a couple comments on their YouTube video and on Twitter as well, so you're not alone.

ahhh ok, it is relieving to hear you say it! apologies if this seemed silly or an over-reaction (big dweeb for the series), it's genuinely j

• Nicole_MNicole_M Former Telltale Staff

Yep we're still here! Like you and @mostlypoptarts said no need to worry.

I can’t say for certain, as I’m just a forum member, but don’t worry! They already said the layoff isn’t going to affect projects that we

• Fuck ign its a trash site with fools at its helm

• edited January 2018

a french site has even released an article about it.*

I've created an account on gameblog to deny what they said.

• edited January 2018

This makes me worried. TWAU is actually my favourite Telltale game and I, as many others, have waited so long for a second season. This better not be true.

• staff above confirmed there's nothing to worry about! :) nothing's been cancelled!

Marcu-S posted: »

This makes me worried. TWAU is actually my favourite Telltale game and I, as many others, have waited so long for a second season. This better not be true.

• Phew!...
    Filled with a sense of dread and then washed out with a feeling of reassurance in less than a minute! Thanks Telltale staff for clearing that up!

What was IGN thinking of? There hasn't been any mention of a cancellation, strange that they brought that up.
  • IGN's speculation hurts more than it helps, they think that with all the layoffs that The Wolf Among Us Season 2 is cancelled but they did no research into the topic or even reached out to TellTale. I am glad that TellTale is debunking these rumors because that will make them lose money if tons of people think that their game is cancelled. Also with less staff and more of a focus on technology I think that TellTale is trying to improve their games with better gameplay and making choices matter more. Even though Batman is pretty much my favorite game out of all their games because of how great the story is and making our choices matter.

AChicken posted: »

Phew!... Filled with a sense of dread and then washed out with a feeling of reassurance in less than a minute! Thanks Telltale staff for c

• Its IGN..best not to take them too seriously.

AChicken posted: »

Phew!... Filled with a sense of dread and then washed out with a feeling of reassurance in less than a minute! Thanks Telltale staff for c

• Wow the lack of info for this game is making people paranoid perhaps get a good word in to r e v e a l s o m e s t u f f a b o u t t h i s g a m e ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

No worries! It's not an overreaction - I saw a couple comments on their YouTube video and on Twitter as well, so you're not alone.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.