The Last of Us Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited January 2018

Neil Druckman has said she's gay, yes, I'm aware, but another ND employee has stated that she could be bi, so we still don't know.

And besides, I still have a bit of hope of her being bi that way she could have children.

I am genuinely shocked that you don't know that Neil Druckmann confirmed that Ellie was written to be gay.

• Oh, I wasn't aware of the other ND employee that said that, do you remember their name?

Yeah, it's kinda like with Bill. Neil say's he's written to be gay, and Bill's actor (I don't know his name) says it's open to interpretation.

That would be cool if Ellie's hypothetical children inherited her immunity though.

Neil Druckman has said she's gay, yes, I'm aware, but another ND employee has stated that she could be bi, so we still don't know. And besides, I still have a bit of hope of her being bi that way she could have children.

• So i could be completely wrong but they were some Lgbt characters way before The Last Of Us i guess Ellie is more popular now but i'm pretty sure other games did that and people weren't complaining about it.

Yes. But even now people are disgusted or don't like the game only bc of the kiss, there is a video showing this scene and a lot of people were supportive in the comment section, but at the same time I found several people commenting "ew" or "this scene ruined the game for me"(recent comments) which is sad.

• And besides, I still have a bit of hope of her being bi that way she could have children.

In the apocalypse, if it's necessary to save the human race and procreate I don't think being gay would affect that, if Ellie needs to make babies so they can have her immunity, I think she would have. Regardless of her sexuality.

• After visiting this forum countless times, I've been thinking: shouldn't we rename this the "Last of Us Official Discussion Thread"?

• Should I?

After visiting this forum countless times, I've been thinking: shouldn't we rename this the "Last of Us Official Discussion Thread"?

• Probably. I mean, I understand the hype for TLOU 2, but I'm getting tired of seeing a thread with a title in all caps on the front page every day (it's my OCD, I swear...)

AronDracula posted: »

Should I?

• I’m just saying that there are some fans who really make a big deal out of that scene or her being gay.

Of course there was. But it's the GODDAMN apocalypse, people. You can be whoever the fuck you want. In Ellie's situation, it is perfectly okay to have that type of relationship. With everyone she has known either dying or abandoning her, holding onto anyone she can would be very special to her. And if it means taking any relationship she can get to its fullest, it's worth it. Who knows what other opportunities she would get. And with people still dying around her, the opportunities are only dwindling.

I would love for her to find someone else she can have this type of connection with. I know Joel is still there to make her crack a smile every now and then, but everything is still fucked. Joel may have his reason he's still living, but where is her's? (Besides the whole "she's the cure" thing.) I bet Naughtydog is working pretty hard to answer this question.

• Oh, I wasn't aware of the other ND employee that said that, do you remember their name?

I honestly read that shit years ago. I'll try to find it. If I do I'll link it.

That would be cool if Ellie's hypothetical children inherited her immunity though.

That's what everyone is predicting to happen in P2

Oh, I wasn't aware of the other ND employee that said that, do you remember their name? Yeah, it's kinda like with Bill. Neil say's he's

• The people who dont like the scene are in a painful minority. It's nothing to worry about.

MegaXD posted: »

So i could be completely wrong but they were some Lgbt characters way before The Last Of Us i guess Ellie is more popular now but i'm pretty

• I would love for her to find someone else she can have this type of connection with. I know Joel is still there to make her crack a smile every now and then, but everything is still fucked.

unfortunately, I think he's not there anymore. If u know what I mean.

• Wait, you're telling me-- . . . No, not Joel. :'(

I would love for her to find someone else she can have this type of connection with. I know Joel is still there to make her crack a smile ev

• I found several people commenting "ew" or "this scene ruined the game for me"(recent comments) which is sad.

Unfortunately,there's always going to be people like that.But it doesn't ruin the game at all it's actually one of the best scenes from the Dlc.And it's the apocalypse.

• Unfortunately,there's always going to be people like that.But it doesn't ruin the game at all it's actually one of the best scenes from the Dlc.And it's the apocalypse.

I can't understand how a simple scene that lasts like 3 seconds can ruin the whole game for someone lmao
    and it should be normal even if it wasn't the apocalypse. Anyway sometimes we can't do nothing about the hate so let's simply ignore it. They are the minority, so I will stop discussing this topic.

• How'd you guys feel about the Multiplayer? I really enjoyed it despite some of the OP buyable weapons and perks. Interrogation mode was so much fun to play.

• I forgot there was a multiplayer. Oh god... What will P2's multiplayer be like?

Cocoa2736 posted: »

How'd you guys feel about the Multiplayer? I really enjoyed it despite some of the OP buyable weapons and perks. Interrogation mode was so much fun to play.

• Bad news for multi players:

The Multiplayer Lead Designer of Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us, Robert Cogburn, left the studio.

• Oh. Well, I can't miss something that I never experienced.

Bad news for multi players: The Multiplayer Lead Designer of Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us, Robert Cogburn, left the studio.

• Eh that's alright, the story is what really pulled me into the series, the MPs just a fun addition. I do hope they retain the stealth elements in P2's MP though

Bad news for multi players: The Multiplayer Lead Designer of Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us, Robert Cogburn, left the studio.

• Yeah, not too happy about that.

TLOU has my most favourite multiplayer mode I've ever played. Slow paced, small teams, retains the same gameplay from the campaign... so fun, I still go back to it every now and then, even this year.
    Part 2 better retain the same features the original had, at least something similar to it.

• Guys!
    I feel like @MegaXD playing TLOU and sharing their experience has really brought this thread back to life.

I also think renaming this thread was a great idea @Furious_Titaness.
    And props to @AronDracula for creating it in the first place.

All of us here, talking about TLOU... I'm feeling this... strange sense of... community? Is that what this feeling is?
    And I feel... sort of like I'm... a part of it?

...I'm scared now.

Sorry guys, I've been really emotional the past couple of days, revisiting old memories and feeling gratitude and shit.
    Don't mind me. XD

• Lol Naughtydog will do just fine. No one person runs everything there like most companies

• Why are you scared to be part of this community?

Guys! I feel like @MegaXD playing TLOU and sharing their experience has really brought this thread back to life. I also think renaming

• I get that situation, it can be nerve wracking to speak here, still sometimes feel it. Something has changed, though. More occasions come where I feel hesitant to say something, but then I just throw it out there and hit the deck. Some of it can be more haphazard than most, but there's this feeling of excitement whenever it happens. You don't know what will happen, but you cross your fingers.

Also, wasn't your pic colored??

Why are you scared to be part of this community?

• I get that situation, it can be nerve wracking to speak here, still sometimes feel it. Something has changed, though. More occasions come where I feel hesitant to say something, but then I just throw it out there and hit the deck. Some of it can be more haphazard than most, but there's this feeling of excitement whenever it happens. You don't know what will happen, but you cross your fingers.

Hmm okay, I don't feel this at all but I can understand the feeling of hesitation sometimes. Depends on the person.

Also, wasn't your pic colored??

Yep, but I got tired of having that pic and decided to change. Also, I find this style better, simpler and cute.

• I know but I don't really care much for multiplayers, especially after the controversy of Star Wars Battlefront 2. I'm sure it won't affect the single player.

Lol Naughtydog will do just fine. No one person runs everything there like most companies

• edited January 2018

I don't understand why Star Wars Battlefront 2 is still getting hate even after EA removed microtransactions. The game isn't half bad.

I know but I don't really care much for multiplayers, especially after the controversy of Star Wars Battlefront 2. I'm sure it won't affect the single player.

• Yeah, about that.

I don't understand why Star Wars Battlefront 2 is still getting hate even after EA removed microtransactions. The game isn't half bad.

• edited February 2018

I'm not into this whole hate towards EA (i'm not saying they don't deserve it though i just have better things to do) but i think the game itself is better than the first one.
    But let's not talk about star wars and EA this is a last of us thread.

• The number one cause of fear is...
    The Unknown.

I realize that the way I said it made it seem like I was scared of this community, (though to be fair, some of the people here can be scary sometimes XD), but what I mainly meant was I was scared of the feeling.

Why are you scared to be part of this community?

• Do you mean like you're afraid that someone will attack you/insult you/abuse you here, or are you talking about anxiety from talking to people?

I get that situation, it can be nerve wracking to speak here, still sometimes feel it. Something has changed, though. More occasions come wh

• Always room at our table, friend.
    One of us

The number one cause of fear is... The Unknown. I realize that the way I said it made it seem like I was scared of this community, (thou

• edited February 2018

In the real world, you only have a few seconds to say what you want to say or the opportunity is gone. Because you have to think so quickly, you worry about saying the wrong thing. That's why most of the time, I find it hard to talk to people face to face. And most of the time, it's only something that's needed to be said. I have things that I want to say, but that anxiety is there, holding it inside like a fly in a bubble, Made of questions.

When you say that, how do you think they will react? What do you think they will say in reply?
    When they reply, how do you react to that?
    What if they don't like what you say? If they don't like what you say, how do you redirect the conversation?
    Anything else you can add to that?
    If you can, how do you think they will respond to that? How will this interaction affect your relationship with that person?
    Can they forgive me if I'm wrong?

If I can't answer all these questions or find a good reason to not worry about it, in the few seconds I have to say it without it being awkward, I don't say it.
    The only way I can get the bubble to dissolve enough to let things out and not care about the outcome is if I become extremely tired or I have a few drinks.

It's actually a lot easier to talk to people here, because I have time to form my thoughts and answer these questions. I don't fear the uncertain outcome. I fear only the bad things that could happen. Even though I should know that it's very unlikely for those things to happen, I'm still given those thoughts. And I shouldn't even care if that happens, but I do.

My brain sucks.

Do you mean like you're afraid that someone will attack you/insult you/abuse you here, or are you talking about anxiety from talking to people?

• ...That's how I'm like too.

And even if I think I know what to say, there's just that something, that lack of confidence that holds it back.
    Then afterwards I have that feeling of regret when I didn't say what I wanted to say.
    It's like a cycle.

Sometimes I even get anxiety from talking to people online though.
    What if I don't anticipate all the ways my message could be interpreted?
    And there is that thing where once you share something online, you can never truly remove it.

And I don't think you're brain sucks.

In the real world, you only have a few seconds to say what you want to say or the opportunity is gone. Because you have to think so quickly,

• edited February 2018

I maybe wrong. I thought that I was different when I'm on here. All those things you're saying used to happen to me too. All those thoughts popped to my head, after every post. They're effects used to be much stronger, I barely notice it anymore. My mind is putting itself under a facade that there isn't any risk to what I post here, like in a video game, where It all means nothing in the end... (urgh... Why am I thinking like this) My posts have been getting sloppier because my mind is slowly converting to this way of thinking. What is more fearful than thinking that nothing matters?

In a way, it's not bad to feel this way. It does suck to have to deal with this mental turmoil, (all the freaking time), but it's as Javier says before Ava falls off the bridge. "Fear is the coffee of emotions. Wakes you up, keeps you sharp. Can be your friend, if you let it." *~* I know at high amounts it can paralyze your actions, but if you don't have enough, you become careless. From what's been happening, I'm losing the sharpness because I'm getting dulled to the fear by an even greater one. It shouldn't be let go of completely. And it's what really makes us admire you. :smile:

And thank you. This has opened my eyes to many somethings. There are others here that feel the same way. (Except for the onsetting depression. :persevere:) And coming to terms to my own mentality.

I hope it becomes easier for you to talk here. With the staff becoming more active in our community, this place is going to turn into a more friendly place.

Don't you love how all this is taking place in thread for TLOU? :lol:
    Let's get things back on course

...That's how I'm like too. And even if I think I know what to say, there's just that something, that lack of confidence that holds it ba

• edited February 2018

I maybe wrong. I thought that I was different when I'm on here. All those things you're saying used to happen to me too. All those thoughts popped to my head, after every post. They're effects used to be much stronger, I barely notice it anymore. My mind is putting itself under a facade that there isn't any risk to what I post here, like in a video game, where It all means nothing in the end... (urgh... Why am I thinking like this) My posts have been getting sloppier because my mind is slowly converting to this way of thinking. What is more fearful than thinking that nothing matters? In a way, it's not bad to feel this way. It does suck to have to deal with this mental turmoil, (all the freaking time), but it's as Javier says before Ava falls off the bridge. "Fear is the coffee of emotions. Wakes you up, keeps you sharp. Can be your friend, if you let it." ~ I know at high amounts it can paralyze your actions, but if you don't have enough, you become careless. From what's been happening, I'm losing the sharpness because I'm getting dulled to the fear by an even greater one. It shouldn't be let go of completely. And it's what really makes us admire you. :smile: And thank you. This has opened my eyes to many somethings. There are others here that feel the same way. (Except for the onsetting depression. :persevere:) And coming to terms to my own mentality. I hope it becomes easier for you to talk here. With the staff becoming more active in our community, this place is going to turn into a more friendly place. Don't you love how all this is taking place in thread for TLOU? :lol: Let's get things back on course

the key of failure is trying to please everyone

I maybe wrong. I thought that I was different when I'm on here. All those things you're saying used to happen to me too. All those thoughts

• I thank you for your support, but it's a little different... I'll be back in 4 hours.

I maybe wrong. I thought that I was different when I'm on here. All those things you're saying used to happen to me too. All those thoughts

• btw has anyone here been able to complete the game in grounded mode? I'm going to try. How difficult is it?

• I thank you for your support, but it's a little different... I'll be back in 4 hours.

I can't say much because I've never felt depressed I guess, but you have my support!

• Last of Us brings people together

Guys! I feel like @MegaXD playing TLOU and sharing their experience has really brought this thread back to life. I also think renaming

Sign in to comment in this discussion.