The Last of Us Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited February 2018

@Psychokinesis

Since you finished the game I wanna show you my collection:

I love this game I'm tellin ya. Have you seen both trailers for Part2?

• edited February 2018

Same.
    Anxiety of being accepted, judged, and observed by other people all the time just messes me up.

I don't fear the uncertain outcome. I fear only the bad things that could happen. Even though I should know that it's very unlikely for those things to happen, I'm still given those thoughts.

Yeah, that's my problem. Even though it's highly unlikely someone would hold my awkward introduction against me, I can see that happening. I don't want that.
    I'm capable of being a "normal, confident speaker" in some cases, such as if the topic is about something I am well-versed in, or have a strong passion for, but mostly I'm the listener of the conversation.

And even if I think I know what to say, there's just that something, that lack of confidence that holds it back.
    Then afterwards I have that feeling of regret when I didn't say what I wanted to say.

For me, the worst bit is when you get cut off just as you're about to say something, and by the time you have a chance to say it, the convo. subject has moved on.

But yeah, digital and passive forms of communication are easier because you have more time and flexibility with what you want to say rather than something quick in 3 seconds. Still not perfect because once you post something, people will see it, and you better hope people don't judge you (silently) for it.

Social anxiety and self-consciousness sucks.

Edit: wait, i'm in the last of us section right now? haha ok.

In the real world, you only have a few seconds to say what you want to say or the opportunity is gone. Because you have to think so quickly,

• Wow! Nice artwork!

@Psychokinesis Since you finished the game I wanna show you my collection: I love this game I'm tellin ya. Have you seen both trailers for Part2?

• Edit: wait, i'm in the last of us section right now? haha ok.

Yeah now this looks more like the vent thread than the TLOU thread

• Thanks! The were limited edition, they go for a couple hundred now. Best grab I ever did.

Wow! Nice artwork!

• I'm really touched by what you said, @Zombiekiller3121. :)
    And you too, @AChicken. :)
    I didn't expect to start a conversation about social anxiety and self-conscienceness. XD
    I actually expected my original comment to be one of those weird-ass comments that no one knows how to reply to it, or just flat-out be made fun of, but I was like "Screw it. I'm in a good mood."

...Yeah, let's talk Last Of Us now.
    What I wanna know is, how do Joel and Ellie keep their teeth in such perfect condition?

• Did you mean to mention me? 'Cause I completed it months ago.

Hey, that's a pretty sick collection-- OMFG IS THAT ELLIE'S SWITCHBLADE?!  :open_mouth:

You made the Runner, so does that mean you made Joel too? They're soo damn good!
    What's the thing behind the Runner?
    And... oh my gosh, it's the giraffe! SO CUTE!

Did you make some of this stuff, because some of it I don't recognize? But I admit that I'm not aware of all the official merchandise.

I've watched the trailers for Part II.
    I'm determined to play "Through The Valley" on guitar "Ellie style" (bar chords X_X) one day... sometime in the future... I hope.
    The second trailer was... disturbing. Definitely the darkest scene in TLOU yet.

And I kinda thought that everyone knew that you love TLOU. XD

@Psychokinesis Since you finished the game I wanna show you my collection: I love this game I'm tellin ya. Have you seen both trailers for Part2?

• Yes, last 5 or so of my playthroughs have been grounded. It’s extremely hard at first. After searching you’ll only find like 15 bullets through the entire game.

MegaXD posted: »

btw has anyone here been able to complete the game in grounded mode? I'm going to try. How difficult is it?

• I have the PS3 version so Grounded mode is a DLC.
    I can't justify paying like, $8 just for two new difficulties and trophies. For now, at least...
    Either that or I'm just a wimp and I'm using that as an excuse... But I'll go with the first reason.

If you're going from Normal mode to Grounded Mode though it might be a rough transition.
    The first few moments will be disorientating because you'll have to adapt... WITHOUT LISTEN MODE.

Once you do get used to it though, you'll forget it was even there and if you ever go back and play it on a lower difficulty, you'll forget to use it. You'll be like "Psh! I'm a pro at this!"

I speak only from my experience with Hard Mode, I've never played Grounded.
    I'm not sure what else is vastly different that makes it harder.

P.S. good luck with the boss fight in Grounded Mode.

btw has anyone here been able to complete the game in grounded mode? I'm going to try. How difficult is it?

• Yes that’s her switchblade lol. Paid a pretty penny for that stuff. I made the stalker and Joel with clay.

The thing behind the runner is actually a ripped page from a 2011 magazine that talked about TLOU way before it even released yet and on the article it says the release date is 2012, it was later delayed. I was in, like, 8th grade. I saw it and didn’t know anything about the game but I took it anyways. Good thing too. (My future self was a screaming at me to take it it)

Yeah thats the girraffe from the game, imma get the brick plushie too.

I have the firefly necklace. I always wear it and have been called out by some TLOU fans who see it.

Thanks for the compliments! And yes... I hope everyone who knows me is aware by now that I love tlou, lol.

Did you mean to mention me? 'Cause I completed it months ago. Hey, that's a pretty sick collection-- OMFG IS THAT ELLIE'S SWITCHBLADE?! 

• edited February 2018

Yes, last 5 or so of my playthroughs have been grounded. It’s extremely hard at first. After searching you’ll only find like 15 bullets through the entire game.

15 BULLETS TROUGH THE ENTIRE GAME????? I'll complete Grounded in 2030 bye

I have the PS3 version so Grounded mode is a DLC. I can't justify paying like, $8 just for two new difficulties and trophies. For now, at least... Either that or I'm just a wimp and I'm using that as an excuse... But I'll go with the first reason. If you're going from Normal mode to Grounded Mode though it might be a rough transition. The first few moments will be disorientating because you'll have to adapt... WITHOUT LISTEN MODE. Once you do get used to it though, you'll forget it was even there and if you ever go back and play it on a lower difficulty, you'll forget to use it. You'll be like "Psh! I'm a pro at this!" I speak only from my experience with Hard Mode, I've never played Grounded. I'm not sure what else is vastly different that makes it harder. P.S. good luck with the boss fight in Grounded Mode.

I think I'm gonna play hard mode first then I'll go to Grounded. Do the infected become stronger and faster?

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned
    edited February 2018

I may be wrong here, but are you saying that 8th grade DLB defaced perfectly a good magazine and then put it back on the shelf purely on speculation that you would become a fan? Or did you often tear pages out of magazines just for funsies?

Yes that’s her switchblade lol. Paid a pretty penny for that stuff. I made the stalker and Joel with clay. The thing behind the runner i

• I beat grounded once. It wasn't too excruciating but it's obviously no walk in the park either. From what I remember the infected don't get faster but they do get stronger. The humans are harder imo since they can take you down in 1-2 shots. You're going to have to be really good at stealth due to the lower amount of resources.

Yes, last 5 or so of my playthroughs have been grounded. It’s extremely hard at first. After searching you’ll only find like 15 bullets thro

• So at the end of The Last of Us...Joel fucked over mankind...but I forgive him...would have done the same. I wonder what this one is all about....cannot wait.

• I beat grounded once. It wasn't too excruciating but it's obviously no walk in the park either. From what I remember the infected don't get faster but they do get stronger. The humans are harder imo since they can take you down in 1-2 shots. You're going to have to be really good at stealth due to the lower amount of resources

thanks, I guess what's gonna really bother me is, no listen mode (but then I'll get used to it). I'm kinda good at stealth.
    Winter will be the hardest for me. I died a lot in normal mode, can't wait to die more than a thousand times.

• Do the infected become stronger and faster?

No not really. Hunters are harder to kill though. You also have extremely low health so if you get hit like twice youre dead.

Yes, last 5 or so of my playthroughs have been grounded. It’s extremely hard at first. After searching you’ll only find like 15 bullets thro

• 8th grade DLB was in art class making collages. Everyone brought magazines so there was a massive pile of them. I managed to grab a magazine that had a tlou page inside. Instead of cutting it up for my collage, I kept it. https://i.imgur.com/KfIcVX3.jpg

Plan_R posted: »

I may be wrong here, but are you saying that 8th grade DLB defaced perfectly a good magazine and then put it back on the shelf purely on speculation that you would become a fan? Or did you often tear pages out of magazines just for funsies?

• I often times forget listen mode ever exists. You get used to not using it.

I beat grounded once. It wasn't too excruciating but it's obviously no walk in the park either. From what I remember the infected don't get

• edited February 2018

I'm playing TLOU again and look what I found in the toys store! Uncharted.
    Also on top of the uncharted game, "the turning", the game that we play in Left Behind. I love these details.

• Be careful with that firefly pendant though, wouldn't want the military to catch a glimpse of it.
    I can totally imagine someone just unexpectedly calling out "FIREFLY!" on the street like the Stragglers do in TLOU Multiplayer. XD

Did you find it in a tree? :tongue:

Yes that’s her switchblade lol. Paid a pretty penny for that stuff. I made the stalker and Joel with clay. The thing behind the runner i

• ...And to the left we have a Jak & Daxter board game!
    Since you didn't mention it, I'm guessing you don't know that Jak & Daxter is Naughty Dog's PS2 game series.
    I love those easter eggs! XD
    Did you know there's also a couple of PS3's lying around in the game? From what I remember, there's 2 in the main story and 1 in LB.

I'm playing TLOU again and look what I found in the toys store! Uncharted. Also on top of the uncharted game, "the turning", the game that we play in Left Behind. I love these details.

• ...And in that moment, all of the planets in the solar system aligned.

8th grade DLB was in art class making collages. Everyone brought magazines so there was a massive pile of them. I managed to grab a magazi

• At the same time though, you also have the instakill revolver (one hit kill to unarmored human enemies), and bricks/bottles pretty much ensure a free kill if you can isolate the enemy.

The real trick to beating grounded mode is thinking outside the box. Focus less on guns, and more on melee combat. Evade and run from fights when possible. Bricks and bottles are key: each one's practically a guaranteed stun, and if you can close the gap in time, that's a free kill on whatever you hit... except for the wildly inconsistent clickers that just shrug off bricks thrown into their face.

Do the infected become stronger and faster? No not really. Hunters are harder to kill though. You also have extremely low health so if you get hit like twice youre dead.

• edited February 2018

At the same time though, you also have the instakill revolver (one hit kill to unarmored human enemies)

EL DIABLO!!! .

Deltino posted: »

At the same time though, you also have the instakill revolver (one hit kill to unarmored human enemies), and bricks/bottles pretty much ensu

• I was actually talking about the normal revolver. In Grounded, the standard revolver is a one hit kill to any unarmored human. Makes it incredibly useful, so long as you conserve ammo for it.

At the same time though, you also have the instakill revolver (one hit kill to unarmored human enemies) EL DIABLO!!! .

• Well shit. That would make room for some dark moments.

If there's a crazy guy who finds out about her immunity and wants to "save humanity"... I think you know where I'm going with this.

I have a feeling that if Ellie were to get pregnant, it wouldn't be by choice. :/

Oh, I wasn't aware of the other ND employee that said that, do you remember their name? Yeah, it's kinda like with Bill. Neil say's he's

• That's an awesome collection!
    Really nice work on the Joel and Runner sculptures.

Wait, is American Daughters a real comic or is that just a poster of it? I thought it was just a collectible in Uncharted 4...

• I knew that... I just wanted to shout El Diablo.

Deltino posted: »

I was actually talking about the normal revolver. In Grounded, the standard revolver is a one hit kill to any unarmored human. Makes it incredibly useful, so long as you conserve ammo for it.

• edited February 2018

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking, but I chose not to bring it up....
    I cringe when I hear people say stuff like _"Well, if having children will save the world then..."

Marlene did say "What then? She'll be raped and murdered?" (can't remember the exact quote)

And oops... so you know?

Acheive250 posted: »

Well shit. That would make room for some dark moments. If there's a crazy guy who finds out about her immunity and wants to "save humanit

• This is what I came up with when I saw @MegaXD's avatar. It's... pretty stupid:

Ellie starts strumming a chord on the guitar nervously
    Joel: "See?  You've got it! Pretty soon you'll be--"
    A string buzzes
    Ellie: "FUCK! I CAN'T GET IT RIGHT!"
    Joel: "Now, it just takes some practice is all-- ELLIE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"
    In a fit of rage, Ellie brings out her switchblade and cuts the strings
    Ellie: "..."
    Joel: "..."
    Ellie: "I... I'm sorry Joel. I just-- I don't know what got over me..."
    Joel: "No it's okay. * sigh * I'll just have to look for another set of strings again... (this is NOTHING like teaching Sara to play guitar)"

Now I'm not actually sure if it's possible to cut strings off a guitar with a knife... I tried it before and it didn't work.

• I think it was a tease at a real comic, but that's a poster I made. No one else has it.

Acheive250 posted: »

That's an awesome collection! Really nice work on the Joel and Runner sculptures. Wait, is American Daughters a real comic or is that just a poster of it? I thought it was just a collectible in Uncharted 4...

• edited February 2018

...And to the left we have a Jak & Daxter board game! Since you didn't mention it, I'm guessing you don't know that Jak & Daxter is Naughty Dog's PS2 game series. I love those easter eggs! XD Did you know there's also a couple of PS3's lying around in the game? From what I remember, there's 2 in the main story and 1 in LB.

Yes I know Jak & Daxter.
    When I saw Uncharted I imediatly took the picture, then I looked at the photo and realized "the turning" was also there, after I posted the pic I explored a little more and saw the "Jak & Daxter" game but I didn't want to post again.
    Edit: no, I didn't know about the PS3, that is really interesting.

• edited February 2018

Hahaha I loved it! actually this is what happens:

Ellie: Can you teach me how to play Joel?

Joel: sure! Let me look around the house for a pick. There's gotta be one around here somewhere.

Ellie: Found one! TWANG (accidentally cuts the strings) ops...

Joel: what was---?

Ellie: ...

Joel: ...

Ellie: heheh...

Joel: is that a shiv, Ellie?

Ellie: uh... is what a shiv?

Joel: DID YOU USE A SHIV ON THE GUITAR?!?!?!?

This is what I came up with when I saw @MegaXD's avatar. It's... pretty stupid: Ellie starts strumming a chord on the guitar nervously J

• edited February 2018

I've been thinking... is the switchblade an Italian blade (or something) that just looks similar?

• Yes, Ellie's knife exists in real life. It's expensive though. The cheap ones either break when you open them or arent the right size. Most expensive one I saw was like $350 I think. I debated sculpting my own but I went ahead and bought it.

I've been thinking... is the switchblade an Italian blade (or something) that just looks similar?

• Wha- where? Who? Why? How? When?
    I had a (quick) look and I couldn't find anything about an offical switchblade. After taking another look at yours and comparing it, it doesn't even look exactly like Ellie's, which is what lead me to ask about it.

Yes, Ellie's knife exists in real life. It's expensive though. The cheap ones either break when you open them or arent the right size. Most expensive one I saw was like $350 I think. I debated sculpting my own but I went ahead and bought it.

• I found this TLOU PS3 vs PS4 comparison image, don't know where it's from but when I saw it, these captions just spoke to me so I had to make it. It's pretty dumb.

I'll be pretty busy soon so I have to make as many pointless things as possible before then...

Torn Between Two Consoles

• Heeeyyy long time no see
    I read all the 4 American Dreams comics a couple days ago, interesting to know how Ellie's life was in the military school. wow she caused a lot of trouble.
    The switchblade was Anna's, and Marlene gave it to Ellie, no wonder it's important to her. I'm so curious about Anna, I hope part ll clarify everything about her.
    I really liked Winston, so, he was a soldier right?
    Now I know where Ellie learned how to ride a horse.

Riley beats two guys twice as big as her but is thrown to the ground by a runner in the game. ok
    I have to say she treats Ellie(or should I say "new kid") kinda bad at the start.
    And now I know how much she wanted to join the Fireflies, she almost got killed two times, and when she finally joins them in the game, she throws her Firefly necklace just bc Ellie said "don't go" lol
    I wanted to know more about Tino and the rest of their friends but I guess it wasn't necessary for the story.

Seriously Ellie just loves to bite people, interesting to see how desperate she was to save Riley from being shot by Marlene. It shows how much she cared about her. Besides, the hug was adorable :3

Anyway I enjoyed the comics, fun to read and I liked the style.

• You know, I have actually never read the American Dreams comics, don't know why, just never got around to it. I've been meaning though for two reasons:
    1. I love TLOU so I should
    2. One of the co-writers of the comics, Faith Erin Hicks, is going to be the new writer for the Avatar: The Last Airbender comics starting next fall.

Heeeyyy long time no see I read all the 4 American Dreams comics a couple days ago, interesting to know how Ellie's life was in the militar

• Seriously Ellie just loves to bite people,

Hahaha XD
    She can be vicious when she needs to.

I have to say she treats Ellie(or should I say "new kid") kinda bad at the start.

I still think she could treat her a little better even in LB as well, but I don't think Riley ever properly respects anyone...

Actually, I have my own interpretation of why Riley even was interested in Ellie in the first place... Don't know if anyone one wants to hear it or not. Or maybe it's what everyone thinks... I don't know.

Heeeyyy long time no see I read all the 4 American Dreams comics a couple days ago, interesting to know how Ellie's life was in the militar

Sign in to comment in this discussion.