Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 Discussion

Comments

• Where? Other than some of the swing combat, I don't see any webs not attaching buildings. Did you spot some?

Biggest gripe about this game...continues the tradition of swinging on webs that do not attach to anything.

• No, it's been confirmed that webs do attach to buildings.

Biggest gripe about this game...continues the tradition of swinging on webs that do not attach to anything.

• I know a lot of people would love to swing around the city in the Civil War/Homecoming suit but personally I think that having both The Iron Spider suit and The Homemade suit is awesome enough.

AronDracula posted: »

Homecoming Holland costume. We already got it. If you mean the normal one from Tony Stark, I'm sure there is a possibility.

• several shots in those demos say otherwise.

AChicken posted: »

No, it's been confirmed that webs do attach to buildings.

• edited April 2018

Well the Devs have confirmed it multiple times that the webs do attach.
    None of the gameplay demos have stopped and looked back at the webs, so yes it's hard to tell, but right now it'd be impossible since the webs immediately vanish after being shot.

Doesn't really help my argument that there's no visible proof, but the devs themselves have confirmed that it's in the game.

(One quote comes to mind is: after being asked the question of whether webs attach to buildings, Bryan Intihar responds with "Well, they'd better if we want this game to sell")

several shots in those demos say otherwise.

• Um I'm pretty sure it does attach to buildings:

• Are you denying? You should watch the new gameplay footage again.

• I was under the impression that since 2004's Spider-Man 2 webs in a Spider-Man game has always attached to a solid surface.

• No, not really.
    The only games that have done that were SM2, SM3 (I think), Ultimate Spider-Man, and... that's it.
    None of the games since then have attaching webs, they either go straight up or fire at an angle to look like it. .

I was under the impression that since 2004's Spider-Man 2 webs in a Spider-Man game has always attached to a solid surface.

• edited April 2018

Yes I watched them...he is shooting in a direction that there are no buildings at times because his momentum and turn has moved them....they rely on the fact you are so busy that you miss the fact he is aiming at something that is a mile back or no longer in the angle because of his movements. It is trickery on their part. Still want the game though....but yeah I notice things like that.

EDIT After rewatching the thing...I see he was aiming at the copter at times for a boost...So it looks like Insomniac is on their game...my bad....and now I want it even more!

Are you denying? You should watch the new gameplay footage again.

• At least it's going to be better than The Amazing Spider-Man games, I think we can all agree.

Yes I watched them...he is shooting in a direction that there are no buildings at times because his momentum and turn has moved them....they

• I actually quite liked the one based on the first movie, mainly because they decided to make it a sequel to the movie’s story and have an original plot with the Spider Slayer. The second one though was pretty much trash.

At least it's going to be better than The Amazing Spider-Man games, I think we can all agree.

• I hated the swinging in TASM1, it never attached to any building and it goes automatically. The camera was so stupid, it was too over the shoulder, the Resident Evil 4 camera doesn't belong to any open world games. Speaking of them, the open world also felt so lifeless and just like the movie, the Spidey suit was horrible, he looks like a basketball. But yeah, it had a decent story.

I actually quite liked the one based on the first movie, mainly because they decided to make it a sequel to the movie’s story and have an original plot with the Spider Slayer. The second one though was pretty much trash.

• Well even if it is, not saying I disagree nor agree with you, at least it's not as bad as Spiderman 1 game based off of Sam Raimi's spiderman movie. The swinging in that game was so... I don't even have the words for it, but to put it simple, terrible. You're not even attaching onto anything.

• Yeah that was in the days before attaching to anything happened, I remember the oddity of seeing Toby's Spidey in that game apparently swinging on the clouds. Though it had some fun dialogue from his Spider-Man...

"So you must be... Quilt Man, Patted Pete, Mr Triple Ply? Oh, I got it! (In dramatic voice) 'The Cushion!'"

I also liked how when you finished the game on hard mode you could unlock the ability to play the game again as Harry in the Green Goblin suit, which had completely different powers and restructured the story enough to make the original levels make sense in the new context.

protocol115 posted: »

Well even if it is, not saying I disagree nor agree with you, at least it's not as bad as Spiderman 1 game based off of Sam Raimi's spiderma

• Yeah, you could also play as Mary Jane.

Yeah that was in the days before attaching to anything happened, I remember the oddity of seeing Toby's Spidey in that game apparently swing

• Yeah but those were just skin swaps with Spidey's powers. Green Goblin completely changed the powers and context of the story levels. I'll attach a video of the opening level with Green Goblin here...

protocol115 posted: »

Yeah, you could also play as Mary Jane.

• Man I still think the first 2 Spider-Man movies by Rami were the best.

• Same here. Homecoming was good but it didn't feel like a Spider-Man solo.

Man I still think the first 2 Spider-Man movies by Rami were the best.

• Yeah...though I do like the new spidey....but those first 2....They and X-Men 2...really for me put Marvel on the road to future movie greatness.

Same here. Homecoming was good but it didn't feel like a Spider-Man solo.

• Not to say I don’t believe you, but do you have a gif or video or shot in particular that you’re referring to?

Yes I watched them...he is shooting in a direction that there are no buildings at times because his momentum and turn has moved them....they

• Well after rewatching..lol I noticed he was aiming at the copter sometimes to give himself a boost...So I am a dunderhead....I have to say on rewatching and slowing it down...well done Insomniac.

Not to say I don’t believe you, but do you have a gif or video or shot in particular that you’re referring to?

• TASM 2 did it as well right? If I remember correctly the webs do attach to buildings in that game, I remember when I was web swinging and I decided to look up to see if the webs do attach to buildings and I think they did, this was in 2014 so I cant remember exactly. You also had to use the L2 and R2 triggers to swing around, if you wanted to turn the corner and go right then you would have to hold R2, same went for L2.

No, not really. The only games that have done that were SM2, SM3 (I think), Ultimate Spider-Man, and... that's it. None of the games since then have attaching webs, they either go straight up or fire at an angle to look like it. .

• No, I don't think so.That too was an illusion.
    The webs went off to the side, they pulled you to the side, but they connected to nothing.
    I haven't played the game, but I did hear that they don't connect.

Tazmangamez posted: »

TASM 2 did it as well right? If I remember correctly the webs do attach to buildings in that game, I remember when I was web swinging and I

• Well personally I think it absolutely should have fall damage and the reasoning for it not having fall damage is really unappealing to me. If you make a mistake and fall you should absolutely be punished for it. I could understand no fall damage if we were playing as the Hulk or Thor, but Spidey shouldn't be immune to falling. It's not a deal breaker for me, I'm still really excited but I think it should have fall damage.

Here are the final details of this month about Spider-Man PS4 Game Informer gave us from their recent Q&A: * Alternate suits select

• Dude.. I love that they added that option! So much different dialogue and even a different voice for the main villain. Something I didn't like was how suddenly it ended. I get that they weren't going to add any cutscenes but I still wonder who was supposed to be under the Goblin's mask. It was probably still Norman but I hated not knowing.

Yeah but those were just skin swaps with Spidey's powers. Green Goblin completely changed the powers and context of the story levels. I'll attach a video of the opening level with Green Goblin here...

• I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already but I read somewhere that Black Cat will be playable in a DLC. I'm not sure how true this is but it would be cool to be able to play as Black Cat similarly how Batman Arkham City let us play as Catwoman.

• Yep, the DLC that this game will have post launch is called The City That Never Sleeps but it will not be part of the main game, it's going to focus on Black Cat and that expansion is going to be a heist mission from what I've heard.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already but I read somewhere that Black Cat will be playable in a DLC. I'm not sure how true this

• I hope that she will become playable in Free Roam or something if you purchase the DLC because that would be cool I mean she does swing like Spider-Man to get to different parts of the city.

Yep, the DLC that this game will have post launch is called The City That Never Sleeps but it will not be part of the main game, it's going to focus on Black Cat and that expansion is going to be a heist mission from what I've heard.

• It was a nice touch, effectively letting you play as the villain in a second run of the game. I remember being super disappointed that Spider-Man 2 didn't let you play as either Black Cat or Doctor Octopus, actually...

AgentZ46 posted: »

Dude.. I love that they added that option! So much different dialogue and even a different voice for the main villain. Something I didn't li

• Hah Lol! I remember playing that game but man that Green Goblin version was really cool! I loved how they got the whole game and turned it into an entire different story but they still kept the game's settings and characters. I hope we get something like this in Spider-Man PS4 however Bryan Intihar isn't too keen on returning to old Spider-Man game "traditions."

Yeah but those were just skin swaps with Spidey's powers. Green Goblin completely changed the powers and context of the story levels. I'll attach a video of the opening level with Green Goblin here...

• edited July 2018

News for Spider-Man just keep getting better. Like seriously, it has no reason to fail.

All 3 pre-order costumes confirmed.
    -Spider-Punk (Original)
    -Iron Spider (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
    -Velocity (Made by Insomniac himself)

New story trailer (Silver Sable confirmed)

Sinister Six HYPE

• The Daily Bugle also has some news to share!

Electro Unplugged

Rhino's Rampage Roadblocked!

News for Spider-Man just keep getting better. Like seriously, it has no reason to fail. All 3 pre-order costumes confirmed. -Spider-Punk

• edited July 2018

Insomniac confirmed that the game is complete. Cannot WAIT!!!

• Pressure's on... Don't die for the next 38 days. Don't cross the street, don't get hit by a bus...

Insomniac confirmed that the game is complete. Cannot WAIT!!! https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1023931217866121216

• Worse is that I'm going to college in August 20th and I dunno if there are any game stores over there. Fuck me.

Pressure's on... Don't die for the next 38 days. Don't cross the street, don't get hit by a bus...

• Man, that sucks. I guess you're going to have to take a road trip on the weekend of the 7th!

Worse is that I'm going to college in August 20th and I dunno if there are any game stores over there. Fuck me.

• I already pre-ordered a copy, and I'm very excited for this. Only a little more than a month away now.

• edited August 2018

So the preview embargo was lifted yesterday. There's so much info, gameplay, and pictures now. It's too much.

Here's one video that doesn't go too far into details. It's mostly about the development of the game and the story.

I also highly suggest you read this Game Informer article if you want a good explanation on the preview demo and gameplay itself. It sounds glorious.

• I hope that this game is not overhyped. Seeing some of the gameplay has me worried. Swinging looks fun but looks like nothing is happening in the city except missions.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.