Detroit: Become Human Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• I keep hearing that Chloe is supposed to sometimes comment on your story/decisions. When exactly? I’ve gotten through a decent amount of missions and Chloe hasn’t said anything but the same old dialogue she’s always saying.

• edited June 2018

Well, I do know for certain that if you let Kara and Alice die in “Stormy Night”, then Chloe will question why you did that and remind you that the characters lives are in your hands.

AnimalBoy posted: »

I keep hearing that Chloe is supposed to sometimes comment on your story/decisions. When exactly? I’ve gotten through a decent amount of missions and Chloe hasn’t said anything but the same old dialogue she’s always saying.

• edited June 2018

She does repeat herself a lot, but I´ve had her making comments about Markus, Luther, Connor... (hint: getting them killed helps) She even sang me a song once.

But mostly she just tells me how tired I look. :smile:

• Nah, there isn´t. Not really.
    Unless I missed something, absolutely nothing changes in the story, or dialogue no matter what the relationship status of Kara and Alice. Except you get one terrible choice near the end of the game. Which also ends their story, cutscene aside.

And as far as I can tell pretty much all relationships in the game are pretty much set in stone, except for Connor and Hank.

I would atleast have liked some different dialogue between Kara and Alice. But oh well, enough bitching from me. I still love the game.

yup,there is but i wont spoil

• What most players may not know is that Markus can be kicked out of Jericho.

For those who are interested, here's a stream of Bryan Dechart (Connor) playing the game.

• There is some good fan art of this game to be found here.

• That guy just played himself...

(Spoiler) For those who are interested, here's a stream of Bryan Dechart (Connor) playing the game.

• :D That was a good one.

• Here´s a stupid question;

Alice is a bit older than Kara. Why is Kara the one taking care of Alice and not the other way around? :o
    I mean, Kara was literally born yesterday.

• I guess that's one way to put it, especially since her memory had been reset and all lol I guess it's all thanks to her programming and all that. The Kara we play as is supposed to still be the same Kara from the 2012 tech demo (the operator from it is indeed the one who gave her her name, which she would later tell Alice), it's just that she's had multiple owners since then and was broken by Todd multiple times, so her memories from the demo are long gone.

Onmens posted: »

Here´s a stupid question; Alice is a bit older than Kara. Why is Kara the one taking care of Alice and not the other way around? I mean, Kara was literally born yesterday.

• Well, I'm just glad Cyberlife didn't forget to also program her to know how to use a gun.
    Strange thing for a nannybot to know though. :p

MichaelBP posted: »

I guess that's one way to put it, especially since her memory had been reset and all lol I guess it's all thanks to her programming and all

• The amount of fanfics about Connor and either Hank or Markus being an item I've come across are a bit staggering. Poor Kara seems to have hardly anything, and nothing with North and Markus.

• That´s because they forget to add the option to color Kara´s hair red in the game. She would have been so much more popular.
    Or is that just me?

The amount of fanfics about Connor and either Hank or Markus being an item I've come across are a bit staggering. Poor Kara seems to have hardly anything, and nothing with North and Markus.

• edited June 2018

I like Kara with black hair.

Is there no way for Connor to kill North in the pacifist route? (Without her becoming leader) I was so tired of her kill the humans mentality that I wanted Connor to shoot her.

• I think all of Kara's hair choices are decent, canon in the trailer has her change from blonde to white hair, but I think she looks better with dark hair.

Is it possible incidentally for Kara not to kill anyone? I was trying in my first run not to do so, but then she just guns down soldiers on the tanker with a gun (albeit to defend herself).

• edited June 2018

If there was an option to give Kara red hair, I would've picked that.

I gave Kara white hair in my story mostly because I liked it more than the other 3 options. The other reason was because I've only seen a few fictional characters pull off the white hair look.

That´s because they forget to add the option to color Kara´s hair red in the game. She would have been so much more popular. Or is that just me?

• edited June 2018

You know how Connor usually introduces himself to other deviants and then asks for their name? He's not the only one to do that.

• edited June 2018

I forgot how tense it was in Heavy Rain when all the dialogue options would start to shake in a dangerous situation. Doesn't make sense in an android game but I hope they bring that back for future adventure games.

You know how Connor usually introduces himself to other deviants and then asks for their name? He's not the only one to do that.

• edited June 2018

forgot how tense it was in Heavy Rain when all the dialogue options would start to shake in a dangerous situation

Yeah..

I didn't like that so i hope they don't bring it back.

I forgot how tense it was in Heavy Rain when all the dialogue options would start to shake in a dangerous situation. Doesn't make sense in an android game but I hope they bring that back for future adventure games.

• He couldn't remember the colour of his pants either that's why it was so tense lmao.

iFoRias posted: »

forgot how tense it was in Heavy Rain when all the dialogue options would start to shake in a dangerous situation Yeah.. I didn't like that so i hope they don't bring it back.

• edited June 2018

Question

Is it possible for Connor to directly and clearly kill Markus during Battle for Detroit if Markus is a pacifist? I keep seeing articles saying you can kill pacifist Markus with Connor by ether sniping him or fighting him. But in my pacifist game Connor fought Hank, damaged his sniper rifle and wasn't seen again until the ending where he shot Markus from the audience and that got me an ending where it said the androids got their freedom when I wanted the androids to lose the revolution. Is Markus taking the violent route the only way to get the hand to hand fight?

• edited June 2018

It's all about public perception if the public hate you then the humans will want you dead even if you are peaceful at the very end and the opposite if you have the public's support.

Question Is it possible for Connor to directly and clearly kill Markus during Battle for Detroit if Markus is a pacifist? I keep seeing

• I´m pretty sure you can´t fight him on the pacifist playthrough.
    If Hank is gone someone else will show up to stop Connor´s assassination attempt and the rest plays out the same as you described.

To be 100% sure though you´d have to google the Battle of Detroit flowchart. I´m sure with the internet being the internet, someone out there has already completely explored every nook and cranny of the chart.

Question Is it possible for Connor to directly and clearly kill Markus during Battle for Detroit if Markus is a pacifist? I keep seeing

• Not really spoilers, but juuuuust to be on the safe side:

Not-so-fun-fact: The last picture was going to be a drawing of Hentai in Kara's hands, but, I mentally scarred myself during a google search, and now, now I don't feel so good...

• Kara's overall involvement in the overarching plot is one thing I think could have been done better. It's interesting that when looking back at the reveal trailer for Detroit, her role seemed to be different than the final game. Judging by many of the scenes shown in it, it almost seems like aspects of her story may have been given to Markus instead. At least it seems that way to me.
    One thing that seemed to be changed for certain was that Kara's storyline seemed like it would've started with a remake of the tech demo in Quantic Dream's current engine and with her current design (well post-haircut design, which seemed to be the original hairstyle of the AX400 models), and that she wouldn't have lost her memories of being assembled. Maybe they could make this part of a prequel dlc with Kara, leading up to her being broken by Todd the first time.
    It's cool that a majority of the scenes from that trailer still made their way into the final game, just with some alterations to the lighting and environment, and of course Kara being removed entirely from them.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I have been watching this whole game online and I am incredibly impressed. Compared to Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls this is huge improvem

• I think that my biggest issue with Kara is that she´s a bit too streetsmart right from the start.
    A couple of hours after awakening she can already be a hardened criminal. :P
    I would have liked her to be a bit more naive and have her screw things up because of inexperience.

• I think a lot of that can be put down to her being an android she scans the neighbourhood and calculates the best approach but obviously it's up to the player to decide what the best approach is.

I think that my biggest issue with Kara is that she´s a bit too streetsmart right from the start. A couple of hours after awakening she can

• detroit is the least bad david cage game and i am happy this is the case.

• edited June 2018

Yeah, you´re probably right.
    Plus, she´s got thousands of children´s stories in memory, right? I'm sure atleast one of those stories is about a princess and a toad that rob convenience stores.

I think a lot of that can be put down to her being an android she scans the neighbourhood and calculates the best approach but obviously it's up to the player to decide what the best approach is.

• edited June 2018

Another question.

Does Connor get deactivated and replaced by Amanda if he kills Markus but fails to stop the uprising? The androids gained their freedom but then Connor shot Markus from the crowd to end the game. Thought that this ending was supposed to be open ended about that shot killing Markus or not but menu screen Chloe confirmed that I had killed Markus. I skipped by the credits by mistake so i'm not sure what credits scene I got.

• edited June 2018

There isn´t an end credit scene for that scenario, so your guess is as good as anyone´s.

There are only a few credit scenes. I ´ve only had two; the Hank and Connor one, and one of Kara without Alice. Not sure if there are others, but I've played through a lot of different endings and haven't seen any.

Another question. Does Connor get deactivated and replaced by Amanda if he kills Markus but fails to stop the uprising? The androids gain

• Thanks!

There isn´t an end credit scene for that scenario, so your guess is as good as anyone´s. There are only a few credit scenes. I ´ve only h

• edited June 2018

Ah, I just got the third cutscene, the one with Connor and Amanda.
    Seems like I needed it to unlock the last item I was missing from the gallery too.

I won't be making that choice again in future playthroughs though. It sucked bigtime.

• edited June 2018

Good point haha :tongue: Well,

Kamski is probably to blame for it,he must've included these things on purpose

It's a good thing though tbh, it was heartwarming to have Kara destroy those who would even try and and harm a hair on Alice's head, when given the opportunity to do so.

Well, I'm just glad Cyberlife didn't forget to also program her to know how to use a gun. Strange thing for a nannybot to know though.

• Yeah, if only all the other androids in the game were as capable as Kara. Markus would have had a much easier time.

Good point haha Well, (Spoiler) It's a good thing though tbh, it was heartwarming to have Kara destroy those who would even try and and harm a hair on Alice's head, when given the opportunity to do so.

• Yeah, I was honestly surprised by how

Kara can easily shoot two soldiers in the head before they even register what's going on, at the checkpoint before the bus terminal. I guess that's Kara for you. If you pose any threat to Alice she will give you a bad head injury, kill you directly or indirectly, burn your house down, etc. Alice being in danger is almost like a trigger that can turn this nannybot into a killing machine.

Yeah, if only all the other androids in the game were as capable as Kara. Markus would have had a much easier time.

• Guess we finally know what happened to Lee. He reincarnated into an android.

• I never tried the option you mention in the spoiler. I will now though! Thanks!
    Gonna do a badass Kara playthrough. Sacrifice Luther first chance I get, threaten Adam, etc. etc.
    Sounds like fun.

Yeah, I was honestly surprised by how (Spoiler)

• There are at least a few other after-credits scenes

If Kara gets reset by Zlatko and doesn't regain her memory and save Alice in 10 minutes, she remains a slave for ever and there's a credits scene of her serving him.

If Markus is an incompetent leader, he's kicked out of Jericho by North and there's a credits scene of him watching the destruction of Detroit from afar.

I think there might be others I can't remember

Ah, I just got the third cutscene, the one with Connor and Amanda. Seems like I needed it to unlock the last item I was missing from the gallery too. I won't be making that choice again in future playthroughs though. It sucked bigtime.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.