Why the hell was Toad and TJ sent to the farm?!

Seriously? What was the point of me taking all these wads of cash when I literally get no option to use it, EVER? I stole the wad during the Tweedle's interrogation, I stole the cash from Crane's apartment, AND the wad from Crane's jacket. Surely that should have been enough to fix the apartments and get their glamours?

Feels bad man. Toad is all mad at me for promising him I'd get enough money so he could stay, meanwhile the money is IN MY POCKET during the entire conversation. Bigby is one greedy man I guess.

Tagged:

Comments

• I think it's implied that Fabletown has given Toad money for glamours before, but that's not actually where he spends the money (eg. his new car). So while it could have been a potential option to give that money to Toad, Bigby might feel opposed to that because of Toad's previous spending. It could also be product of different writers between episodes/the big rewrite/forgotten subplots.

• Ahh, you're probably right about that. I keep forgetting they rewrote large portions of it. Such a missed opportunity in my opinion, given how many choices we were given on how to spend our money in episode 1. Would have been an added difficulty to have to decide when to spend our money throughout the series, and have actual consequences for stealing. It's just weird that they kept bringing the option up in every episode, I truly thought we'd have choose who needs it more. (Beauty and Beast could have been the other option for example.)

hemfbg posted: »

I think it's implied that Fabletown has given Toad money for glamours before, but that's not actually where he spends the money (eg. his new

• Yeah, I can only remember one point of the game where using money has consequences for Bigby- if he gives Faith money, he can't pay for a drink at the Trip Trap Bar later in the episode.

Tales from the Borderlands has a better implementation of a money game mechanic. Have you played it?

Toitle_John posted: »

Ahh, you're probably right about that. I keep forgetting they rewrote large portions of it. Such a missed opportunity in my opinion, given h

• I think I only ever played the first episode of Borderlands because I don't remember the money aspect...I do remember loving what I played though! I definitely have plans to purchase all the games I don't have, now that they're all so discounted. Thanks for reminding me of it :)

hemfbg posted: »

Yeah, I can only remember one point of the game where using money has consequences for Bigby- if he gives Faith money, he can't pay for a dr

• Yeah, I thought was a little weird.
    The game even gives you an option to bring up that you gave Toad money and he says Snow wasn't accepting at that point.

• i have toad all of my money and he left happy and skipping when he left to the farm i saw nothing different about either of them and they knew they where leaving to the farm so it couldn’t have been used to fix up the apartment also he gives bigby attitude after giving him all of my money that i had got throughout the story so obviously i was sick of it and his attitude from the whole game and when he asked where colin was i simply said colin gets to say and i told tj it was his dads fault they couldn’t stay

• Evidently, this is a long term reflection on how the game got changed to align with canon.

• I thought if I gave them money for glamours, they could stay, but no 😔

• edited May 2021

I have a pet theory that Snow is directly involved in much of the tomfoolery that happens in Wolf Among Us and essentially TJ is a loose end that needs to be removed from the equation under otherwise innocuous circumstances.

Note the following:
    1) Snow is given time to talk with TJ in an isolated environment when her and Bigby both go to Toad's apartment
    2) later on in the series TJ is the one who observes the body being dumped by the river.
    3)We know that TJ was told by Snow that Blue Weevils are her "favorite" and interestingly enough, with a little research we find out that they live near rivers.

The subtext here is that Snow manipulated poor TJ into going to the river at night such that he would see the bodies being dumped.

• I don't think that would be true. That was just a coincidence. This theory makes Snow a villain and she's not. Its true that Snow doesn't like animals running around fabletown but she wouldn't do that monstrous things to an innocent toad.

I have a pet theory that Snow is directly involved in much of the tomfoolery that happens in Wolf Among Us and essentially TJ is a loose end

• The annoying thing about Toad and TJ being sent to the farm is that it would have been so easy to change! It happens at the very end of the game. They could have easily presented alternate dialogue based on whether or not you gave Toad money for glamors.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.