Without Kenny, This is what Clementine would look like. (Why Kenny is a hero)

edited October 2018 in The Walking Dead

I had to make this thread in defense of the great boatly one himself because I think he gets way way too much shit for very unfair reasons. It may stand the test of time as the ultimate testiment to the all mighty boat god Kenny as one of the most loyal protectors of Clementine and a legend both in life and death as both a friend to Lee, a father and a man. A selfless hero who died, literally sacraficed his life and health countless times protecting the very character we love while every other character stood there selfish with their hands in their lap. He stood tall through multiple life changing tragedies and spent his time on the WD putting every ounce of his life protecting the children he loved. Can't say that for anyone else other than Lee. Kenny carried the torch and made Lee proud.

CARVER SITUATION

Please watch this video before continuing and ignore the fact that Lee is somehow in S2 lol.

This as much of a spoof as it is. Is EXACTLY what you would have seen happen to Clementine had Kenny not been in that group. Clementine was about to confess to the radio and everyone just stood there and let her. Where was Jane? No where to be found. Where was Luke and Nick? Hell where was Carlos? Grown damn men, 40 years of age some of them stood there and watched a lil girl face Carver with their hands in their lap like some cowards. And who stepped up to take that beaten for Clementine? Who lost his eye so Clem wouldn't have to? Who risked his life time and time again so Clementine would get harmed? None other then Kenny stepped to the fucking plate like a man. And took that beating. The community at large should be kissing this man's feet. This is the very reason why Kenny is a hero to me and it solidified him forever as 100 percent more as a person and human then we can say for 90 percent of the cast.

A real man. A real Clementine loving man.

Wellington Scene

I know this one has many different endings, but all of them end pretty much with Kenny willingly sacraficing his life, his safety and his one and only remaining friend so Clementine and AJ would have a safe haven to be protected in. He stood there crying, with so much love and begged for Clementines safety. Never would have left them in the snow alone like Jane did. I can't say any other character would have done this for Clementine. To give up everything. It's heart wretching.

Kenny saves Lee's Life

May we all remember who it was, when Larry hit Lee with that Mike Tyson right. Zombies swarming in. Lee about to die unable to get up. Who was the angel of the apocalypse to come risking his life for a stranger he barely even knew? Kenny. Not Carly or Doug, Not Lilly, not Glenn. Kenny came while everyone else left that building to pick you up off your feet and either live or die with you. No other character would do this, I don't even think Lee would do this. This is some A1 premium legendary stuff that defines you as a human.

Kenny comes with Lee to save Clem, sacrafices himself in the Alley.

I know he ends up living, that was a plot twist to bring him back because of how epic he is. But he really did again put his life on the line so Lee could save Clementine. To face the dead, the living and heaven and hell all while carrying all the baggage he already did. No fear. Just courage. This is what Kenny is. Not the deranged Lunatic they wanted you to believe in season 2. This here. Is the Kenny I know.

Kenny and Lee watch over Clem every single day. They are her guardian angles and always were. They are the only 2 characters to never waiver from loving Clem, protecting her and being her role models and replacement dads. Without the two of them Clementine would be a walker right now. And after reading this if any Kenny hater believes otherwise my job has failed. But the facts still remain. Kenny was a unwavering hero. Who never thought about himself first. It led to his untimely death and it led to him deteriating but he wasn't a coward like Lilly to care if he degredated over protecting children because he knew the group and everyone else came first. He's a rare breed and someone to love as much as he loved Clementine. He was boat god in life and in death and a forever hero.

We all remember his bad. But we should always remember Kenny's good. He's a amazing father, friend and husband. And he didn't deserve what he got. :(

R.I.P Kenny

Comments

• edited October 2018

I still have to read the whole topic but I want to say this:
    I really doubt that Carver would smash Clem head like he did to Kenny, he was mean but he wasn't such a monster to do horrible things like that to a child.

• oh boy here we go again...

• This topic is outdated,please update your CPU.

• That was touching...thanks ZombieKenny

• I wonder if, 50 years from now, people will still be making "this is why Kenny = god" posts.

• Wasn't the voice actor of Kenny not creeped out by this XD?

Nikolaj-11 posted: »

I wonder if, 50 years from now, people will still be making "this is why Kenny = god" posts.

• I understand that counter argument but the fact is the man is a unpredictable sociopath. Nobody can really say for sure what he'd do and for that alone it takes a lot of cowards to sit there and allow Clem to walk up to his fury.

He might have said "Thanks for being honest" and hugged her. Or he might have stomped her brains out to the point where her face was unrecognizable and her brain was on the concrete just to make a point to the group. We are talking a man that threw a handicap dude off a 5 story building to "cull the herd". So why take that risk? Kenny was a man and took that for Clementine. He didn't sit around and think about "he might do this or might not" he took action. Everyone else stood there including tough guys like Nick.

Gauss99 posted: »

I still have to read the whole topic but I want to say this: I really doubt that Carver would smash Clem head like he did to Kenny, he was mean but he wasn't such a monster to do horrible things like that to a child.

• why did this came out of the sudden are we still in 2014

• I really do think that Carver would spare her but by seperating clementine from the others to have long chats about how she can’t be sticking her neck out for the weak, etc. He saw far too much promise is that little girl to beat her to death. She was pressured by weak men to save them from growing a backbone, or at least that’s how carver would put it.

• Kenny proved Carver's idea of them being weak wrong I guess. Kenny win or lose stood to that piece of slimey shit. Can't say that about Luke and Nick. Sad a 10 year old girl had more pride in her and stood for the group before they would. It was Luke's idea anyway.

I hate to say this but to touch on your mentioning of Carver's interactions of Clem, the vibe I got from Carver and I could be wrong was that he was grooming both Clem and Sarah. I got awful vibes from his interactions with Clem. He looked at her way too much like a equal rather then a child. Almost like he treated her like a adult in his mind. The way he went up to Sarah on the roof and put his hand on her and she put her head down. I wouldn't doubt in my mind if he molested her before as they were all in that group before. Sarah was carrying a lot of baggage that she never told anyone. She was harmed by him and you can tell that by her nature with him.

Then he's got this brainwashing tactic about him saying "You aren't like the others" Plus he never harmed them. He has all the telltale (hate to use the word telltale with a statement as such lol. Tell tale signs of a pedophile.

Then you add the whole Rebecca thing to that. He was already rapey. Some awful shit that man has to unpack.

Which is why Kenny is a fucking god for standing to him instead of any child or girl had to.

I really do think that Carver would spare her but by seperating clementine from the others to have long chats about how she can’t be stickin

• Mostly because Kenny haters and Jane sympathizers have been becoming in fashion again lol. Ah... the nostalgia. The all Boatly one must be defended or his name will forever be tarnished.

FORTLEE posted: »

why did this came out of the sudden are we still in 2014

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

He didn't sit around and think about "he might do this or might not" he took action. Everyone else stood there including tough guys like Nick.

I mean, the walkie was in Clem's pocket. The only reason Kenny even got away with it was because he was close enough to be able to slip it out without being noticed. How exactly would someone like Luke or Nick pull this off? Call a time out, walk over to Clem, grab the walkie, and then hand it over?

ZombieKenny posted: »

I understand that counter argument but the fact is the man is a unpredictable sociopath. Nobody can really say for sure what he'd do and fo

• Easy. Luke or Nick could said "I did it, it was all my idea" When carver says "Where is it then" "I gave it to Clementine" So he takes the fall for stealing and he takes the fall for orchestrating it and for giving it to Clem which Carver would deem cowardly. All responsibility. Takes a major, major ass whooping too. Their were ways.

Deltino posted: »

He didn't sit around and think about "he might do this or might not" he took action. Everyone else stood there including tough guys like Nic

• Carver molesting Sarah sounds way too far to be believable, sorry. He had Rebecca and then went out of his way to regain his newborn child. Why he would then stoop down to that level feels too bizarre to be a thing.
    He wants to be a father figure to all kids in his camp, taking the opposite approach to Lilly. Leading by example and turning them against their parents instead of forcing them into an undesirable position was a good plan to turn Clementine and Sarah into hardcore survivalists and soldiers.

Kenny proved Carver's idea of them being weak wrong I guess. Kenny win or lose stood to that piece of slimey shit. Can't say that about Luk

• About the “Carver situation”, people often (conveniently) forget that it’s Kenny who forces Clem to be the one handing over the radio to Luke in the first place. Mike wants to do it, but Kenny himself decides that Clem is the one taking it, and, even if she refuses, he ends put slipping it into her pocket regardless.

The fact that Clem, Kenny and AJ are able to get from Tennessee to Michigan/Ohio in nine days, with basically no formula or any supplies really, safe and sound is too much of a joke for me to take anything there too seriously. But sure, in that logic defying scenario Kenny did an extremely commendable thing.

I know this must be the heresy of the century or something but... that Kenny send off in S1 has to be one of the most ridiculous scenes on the whole series. There's absolutely NO reason for Kenny to lock himself on that alley with Ben. From closing the gate Kenny was pretty much sealing Ben's fate, there's no possible way he was still "trying to save him" by then, otherwise he wouldn't have closed the gate. So... what was stopping Kenny from simply quickly walking over to Ben and shooting him then going back up with Lee? I just don't get it. It's just so stupid and forced. My first time playing this I thought he was committing suicide or something (even though he earlier speaks out against it) but since he (somehow) doesn't even bother to die it's like... what's the logic behind this whole scene? What was Kenny thinking right here?
    Not to mention that this whole scene doesn't help Clem in any way, so this is really just a tangent.

• edited October 2018

DabigRG: Why did I let my mouse anywhere near this.
    (It's not actually him dw)

• This is perhaps the most moronic post on the entire forum...and that is including the Cluke shipping threads and people who thought Rhys and Fiona were a great item.

Tons of conjecture and leaps in logic as well as a great dash of ignoring facts...I do have to say, Nazi propaganda could have learned something from the OP.

• edited October 2018

untitled
    I'm begging you all... don't bring up Kenny vs Jane/the wholecast from the series or whatever :'(

• edited October 2018

Yeah, there's no way Carver would have done that to a little girl. Especially since Carver respected Clem and he wanted to win her respect. Look at what happened to Sarah, and maybe turn up the volume a tad more (since it was stealing rather than disobedience) and that's what Clem would have gotten.

• That gate scene always annoyed me too. Telltale could just have used the same "save Christa" scene that happens just afterwards anyway.

About the “Carver situation”, people often (conveniently) forget that it’s Kenny who forces Clem to be the one handing over the radio to Luk

• Carver isn't Ned Flanders. I know season 2 is a long time ago but let's not forget this man lol. I honestly think he would have made an example out of Clementine and killed her. He didn't respect her. He's just a master manipulator that clearly even manipulated through the screen. He's really good. He doesn't value human life. And even if he wouldn't do it. Why take that chance if you are a brave man like Kenneth the boat lord.

gta3demon posted: »

Yeah, there's no way Carver would have done that to a little girl. Especially since Carver respected Clem and he wanted to win her respect.

• Well season 1 disregarded logic with it's ending. I mean, Lee dies leaving Clem to go find some fucking plum tree in the middle of nowhere unarmed in an undead nightmare at 9 years old and somehow Christ and Omid find her from like 2 miles away. No walker touches her. The guts don't wear off. A bandit doesn't off her. And she doesn't get lost with no map. Lee was still a hero though. Can't blame TT craziness on Kenny.

About the “Carver situation”, people often (conveniently) forget that it’s Kenny who forces Clem to be the one handing over the radio to Luk

• Carver made it known that he respects Clementine for the way she handled him invading the cabin. He saw her as a potential future him, and confirmed that by saying "You're more like me than you want to admit." He would have no way killed Clementine, unless she attempted to kill him of course.

Carver isn't Ned Flanders. I know season 2 is a long time ago but let's not forget this man lol. I honestly think he would have made an ex

• wut the fuck is this

• That Clem pic lmao! :D

I also think that, while he is a POS, Carver probably wouldn’t do the same to Clem as he did Kenny.

• Bump so the forums remember that Kenny is boat god and will always be the boat god.

• Criminy.
    Lee piggybacking on Kenny did just get a laugh, though.

• TeamKenny 'till the end.

• edited August 2019

I know the model swap looks really bad but it’s an interesting concept. Obviously the Carver we know in S2 wouldn’t have done that, but it just makes me go back to wishing Season 2 would’ve taken a darker route. Tbh, I feel like TWD isn’t really realistic when it comes to how shitty the human race would actually be in complete anarchy. S1 was really the only season that was accurate with this since it was really early on in the apocalypse and time hadn’t really taken its toll yet.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.