(really) small wolf among us 2 development update

edited January 2021 in General Chat

https://blog.adhocla.com/private/635077541414174720/tumblr_BZxY7r2xZH0GhzBaL

The ideal candidate should be able to work with a mixture of the Unreal Engine and proprietary tools to help bring studio projects to fruition.

Wolf 2 will have bits and pieces of other tools ported into Unreal Engine, similar to how most of the Telltale Tools choice-branching tools were ported into Unity for Stranger Things by old Telltale before it got canceled. This job listing could possibly imply this happening to TWAU2.

While it's a BIG assumption to make from this tiny detail, this would make it more likely for TWAU season one save files to be directly portable into Season 2. This could very well just be third party lighting plugins.

Comments

• Proprietary tools can mean a multitude of things so I wouldn't read that much into it. Plus its the same message on all 3 job listings so its much more likely this is just a default message for "Know how to use Unreal Engine and other game engines and tools."

It would be pretty cool if we can use our old saves but it seems like unnecessary work seeing how they are going to have to make a story choice re-cap anyway. Seems easier to recreate the system it in Unreal seeing how pretty much every choice can be summed up as true or false, might as well skip the hassle of getting a different engine's stuff working in the other engine when it can done more efficiently from scratch.

Even if they want minor choices like what you said in a certain scene to be more impactful and brought up again, I feel it still makes more sense to find a way to include that with a player check list system because if they want it to go that in depth, it would be alienating a lot of players who lost their saves after 8 years.

• Even if they want minor choices like what you said in a certain scene to be more impactful and brought up again, I feel it still makes more sense to find a way to include that with a player check list system because if they want it to go that in depth, it would be alienating a lot of players who lost their saves after 8 years.

Yeah, I think that a system where the previous story gets a quick overview and you choose what choices you've picked would work much better. I think they did something similiar in The Walking Dead? And I think Dragon Age Inquisition had that wall thing where you could pick how your story played out.

Poogers555 posted: »

Proprietary tools can mean a multitude of things so I wouldn't read that much into it. Plus its the same message on all 3 job listings so it

• It's done that way in Batman: The Enemy Within, if it doesn't have access to your choices for Batman: The Telltale Series for whatever reason. It asks a few questions about some important decisions you made, and it infers what choices you were likely to have made on any similar decisions.

I played TWAU so long ago that I don't necessarily remember all the choices I made. :) I'm kind of hoping that the sequel's story is separated enough that it doesn't really matter much. I guess it could be a problem if you have to figure out whether a character's arm is missing or not.

BigBadPaul posted: »

Even if they want minor choices like what you said in a certain scene to be more impactful and brought up again, I feel it still makes more

• Can't be separated because the last choice was whether you go after Nerissa or leave her be and I think that's where the story of the sequel begins.

WarpSpeed posted: »

It's done that way in Batman: The Enemy Within, if it doesn't have access to your choices for Batman: The Telltale Series for whatever reaso

• I wonder if they're going to do a Wolf Definitive Series thing. Probably not as they're on different engines.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.