The Game Awards 2021 - Awards? I Meant Ads. Pre-Show 4:30 PM PST, Main Show 5 PM PST December 9th

Alright, these are fun to experience with other people every year, so, post your thoughts on them here if you so feel like.

Comments

• Let us pray.

• Anyway. Looking forward to waking up tomorrow just to see Telltale Tweet that they will not be there.

Good luck everyone.

• edited December 2021

Alright epic gamers. What are all your predictions this year?

Biggest WORLD PREMIERE: A new Playstation Studios game.
    Indie title: Katana Zero announcement for PS4. Please. It's been so long. It's the only one left.
    Something unexpected: Alan Wake 2 teaser, maybe?
    Also Telltale. Please, please, Telltale.

Edit: Jeez. I keep talking about how I hate how focused it is on game reveals vs. awards nominees, and yet I can't help be very excited for it, as evidenced above.

• edited December 2021

Not sure what else/who else she is currently involved with, so this may be a pretty good sign. That is if Wolf 2 is considered a new world premier in the eyes of the VGAs for getting a full reveal.

• edited December 2021

Apparently no? Not since June 2019 at least

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kent-mudle-550248a/

He's the cinematic director for something at least...

https://twitter.com/kentmudle/status/1469006919629094916 Is Kent still at Skybound?

• edited December 2021

Even though he does not work for either Skybound or Telltale, I am sure he probably knows plenty of what is going on Telltale wise as I'd be shocked if he does not talk to his former colleagues as I am sure plenty of them are friends outside work.

Obviously I wouldn't read into it a ton but always a chance. Remember when AdHoc tweeted about the Game Awards and we all kinda just assumed it was going to be AdHoc's project, not that it was gonna be Wolf 2?

(Plus again about not reading too much into it, could easily be what Kent's next game is which probably makes more sense, but seeing him say that + Elizabeth's tweet knowing a company she works with should be there overall I would say is good.)

https://twitter.com/kentmudle/status/1469006919629094916 Is Kent still at Skybound?

• Summoning Wolf 2 out of pure willpower and baseless faith

• This tweet wasn't liked by anyone at new Telltale I don't think

• I'm gonna slip this one off and you probably know why. If there are actual game reveal trailers, then I'll check them later. Good luck with Shame Awards

• Sooo, I'm asking because I'm playing through Mass Effect for the first time...is there any chance something could be shown about the new ME game that was announced? I think they showed something last year, just curious is all if there might be more info this year.

• edited December 2021

ME is a major series (or was in its heyday)

I know Geoff has mentioned there are about 4 or 5 "Elden Ring-sized reveals", and one of them could be more details on the next Mass Effect.

Given that the show is gonna be 2+ hours long as it always is, it would probably be a better use of your time by catching up on it later if that's all you're interested in seeing appear.

Edit: we did just get a new teaser for the next one back in November, so another reveal so soon might not be as likely? Not totally sure myself.

Sooo, I'm asking because I'm playing through Mass Effect for the first time...is there any chance something could be shown about the new ME

• is there any chance something could be shown about the new ME game that was announced?

We all thinking the same here. I want some news about it now. Mass Effect is my sci fi gaming franchise next to Halo too. I am also hoping for TWAU 2 this night but,I ain't watching the Game Awards. Just waiting for news on it tonight or a trailer getting released on YouTube soon after. Probably will be a BIG reveal they said on The Game Awards. Will happen in the last few minutes. I hope it is TWAU 2

Sooo, I'm asking because I'm playing through Mass Effect for the first time...is there any chance something could be shown about the new ME

• 4 or 5 "Elden Ring-sized reveals", and one of them could be more details on the next Mass Effect.

Hopefully as well the TWAU 2. I mean that is only game that I think might be released next year. News about Mass Effect 4(cause I think this a continue from the last game. A Worthy Sequel too) I don't think we will get much news about it. Probably details like you said

AChicken posted: »

ME is a major series (or was in its heyday) I know Geoff has mentioned there are about 4 or 5 "Elden Ring-sized reveals", and one of them

• Elden Ring 2, 3, 4 and 5 here we go.

ME is a major series (or was in its heyday) I know Geoff has mentioned there are about 4 or 5 "Elden Ring-sized reveals", and one of them

• Getting ready for the worst timeline that we don't even expect

• The Wolf Among Us: A New Frontier

Poogers555 posted: »

Getting ready for the worst timeline that we don't even expect

• Oh no, I’m interested to see what else there is, was just curious because, as I said, I’m going through it now and it’s the main thing (behind TWAU) on my mind.

• Tunic looks cool! I really like the video game guide book look it has for the maps and menus.

• edited December 2021

Eyyy True Colours won an award! The game ended up being one of my favourite games of the year so that's neat.

• 5 minutes into the preshow and you already blasted with 90% ads between the other new cool ads

• YEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH TELLTAAAALEEEE

• WHAT THE FUCK??????

• edited December 2021

Oh shit it's a collaboration between Telltale and Deck Nine! That's certainly something I never saw coming.

• Laughing at Poogs RN

• I missed it what happened? I see Telltale and Deck Nine and I’m already scared.

• UH HEY GUYS....What the FUCK!?!?!

• The Expanse Telltale Game Series apparently

I missed it what happened? I see Telltale and Deck Nine and I’m already scared.

• A game based on The Expanse was announced that's being worked on by both of them.

I missed it what happened? I see Telltale and Deck Nine and I’m already scared.

• Here we go

• Okay, what is The Expanse?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited December 2021

Very popular series of books that recently got a TV that started on Syfy and later acquired by Amazon.

Okay, what is The Expanse?

• edited December 2021

Is this coming before TWAU? Like why?

• It's a sci fi tv series by Amazon that's based on a series of books.

Okay, what is The Expanse?

• Probably not, this honestly raises chances of seeing Wolf in the main show.

Box Tv posted: »

Is this coming before TWAU? Like why?

• edited December 2021

WHAT THE FUDGE

AMAZON PARTNERSHIP

WHOA

...uh, wait, aren't they still working on making the 5 episodes of TWAU2?

My dad watches the show, or used to, I don't think he's caught up on the latest season...
    Guess I need to get caught up and join him lol

dojo32161 posted: »

Here we go

Sign in to comment in this discussion.