The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse had its first trailer come out in June 2018, a full 17 months before the release of the film.

Meanwhile, the sequel just released its trailer last month and THERE'S ONLY 10 MONTHS BEFORE IT RELEASES
    AHHHH YEAR OF THE SPIDER HERE WE GOOO

• Bless you and @InGen_Nate_Kenny I appreciate the birthday wishes :blush:

Poogers555 posted: »

omw to wish @dylanwoods777 a happy birthday

• Is anyone else wondering what is happening with Campo Santo and In The Valley of Gods? Last I checked, the team voluntarily split to work several Valve IP's like Dota and Half-Life: Alyx, with In The Valley of Gods being put on hold, but as more time goes on I worry that the game is cancelled.

The game was announced at The Game Awards 2017, with a planned release in 2019, but as we know, that didn't happen as we've entered 2022 and no word on the game.

According to Jake Rodkin in a statement to Polygon in December 2019:

To fans looking forward to In the Valley of Gods, it’s probably clear that the optimistic “2019” at the end of the announcement trailer isn’t going to be accurate. In the end, Valve Time makes fools of us all. But yes, developers from the former Campo Santo team have joined other projects at Valve, including Half-Life: Alyx. As you can imagine, our experience in the first-person adventure genre is pretty relevant. You hear a lot about how at Valve you can work on what you want. It turns out that’s true, and there’s a lot of work available. As we integrated ourselves into Valve it became clear there was a lot of valuable work to be done on Half-Life: Alyx. Some of us starting lending a hand, and have since become full-time on the project as it approaches launch. Similarly, some ex-Campos are working on Dota Underlords, some are on Steam, and so on. So to answer your question as of today, In the Valley of Gods development is on hold—but it certainly feels like a project people can and may return to. And when that happens, we’ll find an exciting way to let fans know.

I have a little bit of hope it isn't outright cancelled, and think that the acquisition from Valve maybe has them rethinking what they can do with the game as they've got the backing of a major publisher in Valve. What may have also played a hand in the delay is the Firewatch movie that is in development with Snoot Entertainment, with Vanaman and Rodkin also involved in production, as was reported by The Hollywood Reporter back in August 2020.

It'd be a shame to cancel the game after all this time, but maybe it's already cancelled? I'd like to be optimistic and say that it'll see the light of day but I'm not very sure.

• I think there is a chance, but I think it may be in a weird place where one day it will happen, but in like 5 years.

Is anyone else wondering what is happening with Campo Santo and In The Valley of Gods? Last I checked, the team voluntarily split to work se

• Oh joy, more preview pages for Clementine: Book One. I'm at work now so no time to give a whole thing on them. Wasn't terrible, just showing how Clementine got her prosthetic leg in the cover. Only complaints I have are still the art, and the person who made the leg was a dentist, who was trained by an old friend of his who was a prosthesis. If that was the case, why not just use the prosthesis as the character instead of the dentist? Hopefully that ties into something, so I won't bitch too hard.

• If that was the case, why not just use the prosthesis as the character instead of the dentist?

Because people teach people things? It adds to the character and backstory and tells us said character may have gone through something there (haven't read these pages yet). Such a weird complaint from you if I am being honest, just like that Amish using guns argument from a few months back. It's as if though you're pulling complaints out of thin air just to complain.

And again, I am at all no fan of this comic, not at all. I have despised everything about it that I've seen more or less, so I'm not here trying to defend. I just think we can have some sort of level of quality on the complaints.

Oh joy, more preview pages for Clementine: Book One. I'm at work now so no time to give a whole thing on them. Wasn't terrible, just showing

• Well I even said that I wasn't complaining too hard about it, just struck me as an odd choice. And like I said, hopefully it ties into something for the overall plot, didn't rule that possibility out. And I thought I made my point quite clear for the Amish gun thing. Which, after researching those aspects of their culture and society, back up my original argument.

captainivy1 posted: »

If that was the case, why not just use the prosthesis as the character instead of the dentist? Because people teach people things? I

• Netflix and UCP are developing a Scott Pilgrim anime series, reported by The Hollywood Reporter:

Scott Pilgrim, the hit graphic novel series that was adapted into an Edgar Wright vehicle, is once again headed the screen, this time as an anime series.

Netflix and UCP, the division of Universal Studio Group behind The Umbrella Academy and Chucky, are developing the brand new adaptation, which does not yet have a series order.

Bryan Lee O’Malley, Pilgrim’s artist-creator, is writing and executive producing with BenDavid Grabinski, the showrunner behind the revival of Are You Afraid of the Dark? at Nickelodeon. The two will showrun the series should it move forward, with anime house Science SARU on tap to provide the animation work. The company’s Eunyoung Choi sill serve as producer and Abel Gongora as director on the series.

The bandmembers from the 2010 movie are also on hand for the anime. Wright and producing partner Nira Park will receive exec producer credits along with Marc Platt, Jared LeBoff, and Adam Seigel of Marc Platt Productions, and Michael Bacall.

Part action fantasy, part romantic comedy, Pilgrim centered on the titular slacker living in Toronto and in a garage band named Sex Bob-Omb with his friends. His life is turned upside down when he meets Ramona Flowers, an American girl who is recently single. But before their love can blossom, Pilgrim finds himself challenged by his love’s seven previous relationships, and must defeat them in over-the-top fashion.

Link to article:
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/scott-pilgrim-anime-series-netflix-1235071580/

• An animated scott pilgrim series, but also styled in anime?

Gimme. Gimme. Gimme.

Netflix and UCP are developing a Scott Pilgrim anime series, reported by The Hollywood Reporter: Scott Pilgrim, the hit graphic novel

• edited January 2022

YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Netflix and UCP are developing a Scott Pilgrim anime series, reported by The Hollywood Reporter: Scott Pilgrim, the hit graphic novel

• Pixar's Turning Red is now released on March 11 exclusively on Disney Plus with no extra costs. Consumer-wise it's great since it means not having to go out but it must suck for Pixar staff having four movies in a row not getting a proper theatrical run.

• edited January 2022

Holy shoot. That's great news consumer-wise (I didn't think they'd be doing the Pixar-Free Release/Disney-Theatre Exclusive again), but I do wish Pixar got another movie out in theatres again though... I'd love to see this film in my town on the big screen.

Though apparently Luca got a very limited theatre run in Disney's own theatre in Los Angeles when it came out, so there's at least some hope, for some small group of people in the world...

Vulture Article So, in short, no, it won’t be in theaters — though if you live in Los Angeles, Luca will have a limited weeklong run at Disney’s El Capitan Theatre.

lupinb0y posted: »

Pixar's Turning Red is now released on March 11 exclusively on Disney Plus with no extra costs. Consumer-wise it's great since it means not

• https://freecomicbookday.com/Catalog/JAN220025?fbclid=IwAR1ecDcz3WlzvreHmd3uYf3N2t2JKpsRywnvRM2fiw8Pw7Z7V_sVT5f6xE0

The first chapter of the comic book series that butchered Clementine's entire story arc will be available on April 13th, right around the 10th anniversary of the Walking Dead game.

• Man, I sure am excited to see how they are going to make the award winner of 2012 look bad in some papers.

https://freecomicbookday.com/Catalog/JAN220025?fbclid=IwAR1ecDcz3WlzvreHmd3uYf3N2t2JKpsRywnvRM2fiw8Pw7Z7V_sVT5f6xE0 The first chapter of

• Nobody cares about that dusgusting crap.

https://freecomicbookday.com/Catalog/JAN220025?fbclid=IwAR1ecDcz3WlzvreHmd3uYf3N2t2JKpsRywnvRM2fiw8Pw7Z7V_sVT5f6xE0 The first chapter of

• Welp one of my friends ended up getting Covid by being an idiot.

• What'd he do?

Welp one of my friends ended up getting Covid by being an idiot.

• What happened?

Welp one of my friends ended up getting Covid by being an idiot.

• edited January 2022

They were close contacts with someone who had Covid and were supposed to self-isolate for a week while they wait for their test results. One of their friends, who lives in the same building, also had a close contact and had to do the same. However, while they were supposed to quarantine themselves, they kept visiting each other with the logic being, "Well if we both have Covid then it doesn't matter." I asked them, "But what if one of you has actually has Covid but the other doesn't?" They didn't give me a good response.

Well, after a few days my friends results came back and they got a negative and their friend got a positive. But since they both come into contact with each other multiple times while waiting for their results, my friend had to take another Covid test and ended up getting a positive. So they got Covid by breaking their self quarantine like a fool.

TLDR;
    Friend broke quarantine to visit/be visited by another person who also broke quarantine and they both ended up getting Covid.

AronDracula posted: »

What'd he do?

• Well that was dumb. If I got COVID myself, I would just stay home and play games with no problem. Although I still feel lonely for not having a PS5.

They were close contacts with someone who had Covid and were supposed to self-isolate for a week while they wait for their test results. One

• Got my third covid vaccine. Nothing interesting to say because I never got in contact with covid ever.

• Well, today is my birthday and guess what present I got?

Hint: it has an "ass" in the title.

• All of it

Well, today is my birthday and guess what present I got? Hint: it has an "ass" in the title.

• edited January 2022

I’m going to guess Mass Effect since that was one of the games you were debating about a month ago. Either that or a butt plug. Whichever it is, I’m sure you’ll have fun with it, happy birthday.

Edit: If it is Mass Effect, a couple pieces of advice. Choose early on whether you want to play as mostly a renegade or a paragon, as accumulating points in either of those two unlocks different dialogue options and affects your relationship with other characters. Second, make sure to do ALL of the side missions. Explore the galaxy, talk to everyone, especially your crew after every mission, as even small stuff and completing these quests will have long lasting impacts throughout the trilogy. Have fun, Keelah Se’Lai (it will make sense, trust me).

Well, today is my birthday and guess what present I got? Hint: it has an "ass" in the title.

• edited January 2022

RIP Bob Saget. Wasn’t enough to take Betty White from us, but now you take Bob Saget. I know technically Betty was 2021, but I’m still chalking it up as a 2022 death. So far, not a great start to the year.

• Assassin's Creed Valhalla

On point though, I did get Mass Effect LE. I am not sure if I'm gonna be able to finish it as soon as possible due to being busy finding an internship. I got the game actually a few days ago, downloaded it, played the first hour of it and so far, I reached the part where my Shepard became a spectre and I have to travel through different planets for different mission objectives (Can't remember all of them).

I’m going to guess Mass Effect since that was one of the games you were debating about a month ago. Either that or a butt plug. Whichever it

dojo32161 posted: »

All of it

• Yeah, Mass Effect is definitely something you need to commit to, especially your first time, so take your time with it. Good luck with the internship hunt.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Spoiler)

• Encanto won the golden globe. Yees! 😀😀😀

• This is kind of random, but man I just watched one of the greatest American football games I've ever seen. The Raiders vs. the Chargers, went all the way to overtime. Somehow, the Chargers ran 19 plays in 2:06 of gametime in the 4th quarter, got a touchdown to tie it, and then in OT scored a field goal after the Raiders did. If both teams tied, they would have made the playoffs, and the Steelers, with Ben Roethlisberger playing his final games, would have been out.

• Why does this website keep logging me in and out? It's so irritating.

• The Raiders and Chargers robbed us of absolute chaos and the greatest of memes! How dare they! If this would have been how the Steelers missed the playoffs, I would have laughed my ass off.

Ah well, in the words of a famous urinating tree: STEELERS GAHNTA SUPERBOWL!!!!!

This is kind of random, but man I just watched one of the greatest American football games I've ever seen. The Raiders vs. the Chargers, wen

• guys what the heck its a new year and still not wolf 2 update what the F!??!?

• This is how the waiting for Wolf 2 ruined Poogers' sweet old body.

• edited January 2022

Stared at this picture for a good 10 minutes now... I'm still not sure what exactly it is that I am looking at. I see the face of a frog, that's about it. Judging by the artstyle, is it something from Samurai Jack?

UPDATE: Wait... Is it referring to Toad in Poogers' picture?

This is how the waiting for Wolf 2 ruined Poogers' sweet old body.

• Judging by the artstyle, is it something from Samurai Jack?

Yes

Is it referring to Toad in Poogers' picture?

Well, not intentionally but if you insist, then yeah.

Stared at this picture for a good 10 minutes now... I'm still not sure what exactly it is that I am looking at. I see the face of a frog, th

• Leaks for Horizon Forbidden West are circulating around social media, so be wary when scrolling, mute key words, all that jazz

• Well that was a 30 minute debate of a hotdog if it’s classified as a sandwich or not.

• edited January 2022

If the president of the National Hot Dog and Sausage council says it's not a sandwich, then it's not a sandwich.

Now let's get to the real debate...is it Taylor Ham or Pork Roll? There is only one right answer, and that's Taylor Ham, anyone that calls it Pork Roll is a filthy heathen and I have no desire to speak with them further. And for those that have no idea what I'm talking about, it's a Jersey thing.

Well that was a 30 minute debate of a hotdog if it’s classified as a sandwich or not.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.