The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited January 2022

Oh yeah my family talks about that all the time.

Considering Majority of my families from New Jersey.

If the president of the National Hot Dog and Sausage council says it's not a sandwich, then it's not a sandwich. Now let's get to the rea

• edited January 2022

It's like 50% of what people talk about here, the rest is split between complaining about the high taxes and arguing whether or not there is a Central Jersey (spoiler, there isn't).

EDIT: This was meant to be a reply to @Cleminator93.

• The trailer for the animated re-telling of the first Critical Role campaign is out. And it looks... brutal. Action looks pretty cool, the other stuff feels kinda ehh, but maybe it's not the best footage (clearly this trailer is for the super action fans)

• Anyone know what that specific art style for the 2D animated scenes in Deathloop is called?

• Those specific scenes you mentioned resemble stencils, though I cannot say for certain that is what it's called, it just seems to match stencil art

lupinb0y posted: »

Anyone know what that specific art style for the 2D animated scenes in Deathloop is called?

• Y'all I'm 👏 so 👏 freakin' 👏 excited 👏 for this.

I'm gonna gush and I don't care
    The Freelancer mode looks like the perfect use of the gameplay format so far. Procedurally generated contracts with a roguelike system and customizable safehouse hub.

It's gonna be a great year.

• It's not stencil, but I can see certain similarities with the heavy use of shadows. The Deathloop 2D stuff is based on an actual style that I've seen a few times before but I can't for the life of me seem to find it.

Those specific scenes you mentioned resemble stencils, though I cannot say for certain that is what it's called, it just seems to match stencil art

• Yeah the styling made me think it was perhaps stencil, I've tried looking more into it hoping the name of the style would appear, but no luck so far, if I find anything more I'll give you a shout man.

It's not stencil, but I can see certain similarities with the heavy use of shadows. The Deathloop 2D stuff is based on an actual style that I've seen a few times before but I can't for the life of me seem to find it.

• The past two days, I've been thinking about Bone: Out From Boneville, and hoping that Telltale regain the rights to the game. I think it is a remarkably niche IP than, say, Sam & Max, but I'd love to be able to add it to my library.

• edited January 2022

Well I just played a very good narrative game today. Man,it was amazing and good and the soundtrack was awesome as well. I thinks it a couple of years old. But,i loved Far Cry 5. Yup very good game. Just wished their was more choices in it. Still glad I brought it.

Also, Eden's Gate music. Wow it was amazing too. I don't know why but I always loved We Will Rise Again (choir version) really hit the emotions on that. Like I was listening to it again on YouTube. Ppl in the comment section felt like "wow,this kinda hit the heart in today's world".

Also watched some spider man no way home again for the second time last week. Been working out hard at the gym for a couple of weeks lol. Still hoping to see some Wolf Among Us 2 news soon.

• Seems the site has stabilized a bit, it's not showing me as logged out constantly, hopefully it stays that way.

• edited January 2022

Ppl in the comment section felt like "wow,this kinda hit the heart in today's world".

strwar3 posted: »

Well I just played a very good narrative game today. Man,it was amazing and good and the soundtrack was awesome as well. I thinks it a coupl

• The intro to the Peacemaker series is the greatest thing I have ever laid my eyes on.

• What do you rank Far Cry 5? I rated a 10/10 for me. i say this game wayyy better than FC6 cause I think the narrative is good and soundtrack is amazing too.

Very good game.

Ppl in the comment section felt like "wow,this kinda hit the heart in today's world".

• I actually quite liked the game. I really liked Joseph Seed (who's very menacing) along with his cult, though I honestly didn't care too much for his siblings. I also enjoyed a lot of the side characters like Jerome, Grace, Nick and of course Hurk, who's just as silly as ever. I liked that there weren't any radio towers I had to unlock aside from the one. However, I was not a fan of the constant kidnappings as they got really annoying fairly quickly. Also not a fan of the silent protagonist and I'm glad that FC6 didn't end up doing it again.

Like you said, the music's good too. They're well written and do a good job of parodying old confederate songs. I just find it amusing when people say things like "Wow, this really says a lot about our society" or something like that because in-universe it's all propaganda made to encourage people into joining Josephs cult, but I guess you could say Ubisoft did an overly good job of creating fictional propaganda if real people are falling for it.

strwar3 posted: »

What do you rank Far Cry 5? I rated a 10/10 for me. i say this game wayyy better than FC6 cause I think the narrative is good and soundtrack is amazing too. Very good game.

• It's an alright first part but it really wasn't anything special. Have yet to play the great cowrace, although luckily I do at least own it.

The past two days, I've been thinking about Bone: Out From Boneville, and hoping that Telltale regain the rights to the game. I think it is a remarkably niche IP than, say, Sam & Max, but I'd love to be able to add it to my library.

So Troy Baker came out as a... NFT guy https://twitter.com/TroyBakerVA/status/1481869350621437955

• So I'll admit I don't know too much about NFT's but from what I've seen is that they seem like a huge scam. One of my favorite bands, Avenged Sevenfold, has been pushing this hard the last few months and it just seems like extortion. Not to mention the members have been coming off as huge dicks when people call them out on it, made me lose a lot of respect for a band that used to be in my Top 3 favorite artists, but has fallen off hard in the last few years from no touring, no music, and absolute silence in regards to what they're doing.

So Troy Baker came out as a... NFT guy https://twitter.com/TroyBakerVA/status/1481869350621437955

• That's interesting to hear, for me it's just the novelty and being able to collect a piece of history that's been delisted as well as seeing the evolution in the games from Bone onwards.

captainivy1 posted: »

It's an alright first part but it really wasn't anything special. Have yet to play the great cowrace, although luckily I do at least own it.

• edited January 2022

So I'll admit I don't know too much about NFT's but from what I've seen is that they seem like a huge scam.

Nah you got it right.

Simplest description, at least in the art community anyway, is that an NFT is like if you bought the rights to a link that leads to an image. You don't own the actual image itself but you own the link to it (kind of), which is kept on a blockchain and costs thousands of dollars. Also they use up a lot of energy and have a high carbon footprint. Also the image your link leads to might actually be unknowingly stolen from an artist. Also if the person or company you bought it from disappears and takes their servers or whatever down with them then good fuckin' luck, because the thing you just spent an exorbitant amount of money on is gone.

NFT's aren't tied down to images or links to images, they can be videos, games, audio, etc. Pretty much anything digital. But I'm less familiar with the ones that don't involve art, but as far as I'm aware they're fairly similar in how they work.

So I'll admit I don't know too much about NFT's but from what I've seen is that they seem like a huge scam. One of my favorite bands, Avenge

• Agreed with Joseph and his cult, I thought his siblings (I think they were named John, Jacob and Faith) were decent, Faith had a tragic backstory which clicked with me more than the other siblings. The side characters were fun.

Also not too big of a fan of the silent protagonist, I get the whole point is that you project yourself onto the character, but the turn off for me is characters are talking to me, pouring their hearts out, and I stare at them, they then just feel we've really bonded, when, I was a bit of a dick by not responding to their heartfelt story, but hey, we're besties now. The exception I can make is for Master Chief, as the dialogue from others like Cortana isn't always designed to be directed towards him, more so of what's happening around him, but if something is said to Master Chief, it feels more valid for him to be silent.

The music is catchy, as soon as I type out this novella length comment, I may put on a couple of pieces of the soundtrack, I especially like that soundtrack that plays leading up to the final boss fight named "Now He's Our Father", and a song called "We Will Rise Again", it has fairly dark lyrics but sounds nice on the ears.

As for the YouTube comments, I think I remember you made a comment on that a couple of years ago, where commenters oddly defended Joseph and his actions, I remember seeing a comment defending Joseph and how he was a victim, another saying that the entire time, Rook was the bad guy, and commenting how people think Joseph is somehow bad. A reply to that comment was "They're brainwashed by the modern world, these are the same men that killed Jesus" and so on... it's really kooky stuff, if they've bought into the propaganda in a game that so clearly emphasizes Joseph as being totally deranged and bloodthirsty, it has me worrying what sort of propaganda they sink their teeth into from Facebook, Twitter, certain circles of Reddit, GETTR, Parler, YouTube, Rumble and so on.

Overall I'd say it's a good game and it's one I'm considering replaying somewhere down the line.

I actually quite liked the game. I really liked Joseph Seed (who's very menacing) along with his cult, though I honestly didn't care too muc

• I especially like that soundtrack that plays leading up to the final boss fight named "Now He's Our Father", and a song called "We Will Rise Again", it has fairly dark lyrics but sounds nice on the ears.

They're fantastic but incredibly unnerving pieces if you really pay attention to the lyrics. I still listen to them every now and again though because they're just so damn catchy.

As for the YouTube comments, I think I remember you made a comment on that a couple of years ago, where commenters oddly defended Joseph and his actions

Lol yep. My mind was blown at the people falling for the fictional propaganda.

if they've bought into the propaganda in a game that so clearly emphasizes Joseph as being totally deranged and bloodthirsty, it has me worrying what sort of propaganda they sink their teeth into from Facebook, Twitter, certain circles of Reddit, GETTR, Parler, YouTube, Rumble and so on.

Yeah that's the scary part. The game is incredibly unsubtle when telling you about how vile his cult and him are and the fact that these nutjobs somehow still managed to relate themselves with Joseph Seed who

fuckin' kills his firstborn son days after his birth because "God told him to" is wild.

Agreed with Joseph and his cult, I thought his siblings (I think they were named John, Jacob and Faith) were decent, Faith had a tragic back

• an NFT is like if you bought the rights to a link that leads to an image. You don't own the actual image itself but you own the link to it (kind of)

That's fucking stupid. The point in buying something is for you to own it, so why would you spend money on something that you don't even technically own. Sounds like it's easy, at least for art and images, for people to steal. Someone pays for the NFT, gets the link, but what's to stop them from taking a screenshot or something and distributing it to others who didn't pay for it? Am I wrong or is there some sort of mechanism in place to stop that?

So I'll admit I don't know too much about NFT's but from what I've seen is that they seem like a huge scam. Nah you got it right.

• I'm not fully educated on the NFT stuff, but as far as I know, there's absolutely nothing stopping you from right clicking the NFT they proudly display on their Twitter profile, if you do though, you'll rattle the cryptobros, and they go ape (no pun intended).

I've got to do more research on it, but I think the novelty behind it is that in the Blockchain or whatever, their names are tied to it, it's about being in some niche club with the fellow rich kids that share like 100 copies of the same hideous image.

It basically boils down to scarcity to own the digital rights to something, they basically just make a limited amount, bid to drive the value up, and then one sucker will buy it, next thing you know, you spend $400,000 USD on an ape avatar that is just silly looking, but it's cool because your name is attached to it somewhere.

One example I can give is when a digital game gets delisted, if it has a physical version, the scarcity will drive the price up, I think this is more or less the same except it's digital.

I'm most likely wrong on it with my description as I haven't kept up with it as much as I'd have liked, but I probably should, especially when they're bad for the environment.

an NFT is like if you bought the rights to a link that leads to an image. You don't own the actual image itself but you own the link to it (

• The Last of Us Part II Spoilers

Abby was right to kill Joel.

• I’m still puzzled about the vampiric behavior between Machine Gun Kelly and Megan Fox .

• Misery, misery, misery. That's what you chosen. I offered you a ton of respect and you spat in my face.

This just makes my problem with (TLOU2 spoilers):

Joel's death be no more, even though it was just at the bottom of my problems with the game in general.

• but from what I've seen is that they seem like a huge scam. One of my favorite bands, Avenged Sevenfold, has been pushing this hard the last few months and it just seems like extortion.

Oh yeah it is hot garbage and south Park made fun of it and I was so happy. Like ppl need to stop pushing that BS stuff lol it is stupid AF. Also Troy Baker doing that NFTs? Wow that is weak ,man. Ugh omg lol

So I'll admit I don't know too much about NFT's but from what I've seen is that they seem like a huge scam. One of my favorite bands, Avenge

• edited January 2022

Faith had a tragic backstory which clicked with me more than the other siblings.

I felt the same way too. Her backstory was really tragic. One problem I had for the game was choice. Which again on the beginning of the game their is a choice. I just walked away from the beginning lol. Just waited until the Sheriff said "we are done here" or something like that and we left lol. Still i did that choice again at the ending of the game. I did officially walked away.

I wished that game some more choices like save faith or something like that. I kinda felt disappointed and sad for her.

"We Will Rise Again", it has fairly dark lyrics but sounds nice on the ears.

That is awesome song. Especially the choir version of it.when I was driving around in my car and whenever that song played on the radio. I just sorta of just drive around the area until it was finished and I was on a mission like the Outpost I was taking it back from the Cult.

Agreed with Joseph and his cult, I thought his siblings (I think they were named John, Jacob and Faith) were decent, Faith had a tragic back

• edited January 2022

goddamn NFTs

At the very least he didn't go with one of the ugly monkeys or ugly lions.
    Still burnt down a forest for this though. Fuck.

@MetallicaRules
    Someone pays for the NFT, gets the link, but what's to stop them from taking a screenshot or something and distributing it to others who didn't pay for it?

One of the biggest memes against the NFT bros is the "right click" meme. There's literally nothing stopping someone from right clicking and saving the image. There's also the added risk of your crypto account being hacked or shutting down or even just forgetting your password, and then that's it. You can't get access to it, you can't see the "receipt" that you bought said NFT image.

It's a total waste of money when you could really commission an artist to draw whatever the hell you'd want, for much less, and actually download and own the image!
    (There's also the controversy that NFT Crypto is a way to launder money across accounts, but that's a whole other can of worms.)

The platform isn't "centralized" or tied to federal banks either, so none of this is covered by insurance or fraud protection. Someone could sell you an NFT, but you never get the receipt for it.

• edited January 2022

Ubisoft recently announced (and still quietly released due to backlash, I think) their own NFT Microtransactions service -- just for a Ghost Recon game, but I think they planned more.

You could -- and I'm fighting back laughter from typing this -- get some differently coloured camo pants and vests, that have your unique NFT number printed on them... Sure, they're in limited supply, but wow. Really shows how cool of a gamer you are, huh? I'm really impressed by that number. /s

So I'll admit I don't know too much about NFT's but from what I've seen is that they seem like a huge scam. Nah you got it right.

• You could -- and I'm fighting back laughter from typing this -- get some differently coloured camo pants and vests, that have your unique NFT number printed on them

Lol yup omg

AChicken posted: »

Ubisoft recently announced (and still quietly released due to backlash, I think) their own NFT Microtransactions service -- just for a Ghost

• For such a kind, chill, well-versed guy who is also one of the major players in the video games industry, I'm surprised he isn't more aware of what he's promoting here.

It's not just "hate", Troy. It's literally a scam.

AronDracula posted: »

Misery, misery, misery. That's what you chosen. I offered you a ton of respect and you spat in my face. This just makes my problem with (TLOU2 spoilers): (Spoiler)

• edited January 2022

@dylanwoods777 and @AChicken are spot on. Pretty much nothing is stopping anyone else from making a copy of whatever you bought unless you literally buy it and never show it off to anyone ever. But then there would be no point, because a lot of the people buying into it are doing it for the status. It makes them feel like they're part of some club, even if the club is just a bunch really hideous looking animals. Either that or money laundering, which is also very common.

However, there have already been cases of people managing to break into the servers/blockchains/whatever and just straight up stealing it from the source. So the security itself isn't completely airtight either which is hilarious so even if you don't show it off there's a chance someone could just leak that shit anyway and you won't be protected for it.

an NFT is like if you bought the rights to a link that leads to an image. You don't own the actual image itself but you own the link to it (

• It's a total waste of money when you could really commission an artist to draw whatever the hell you'd want, for much less, and actually download and own the image!

Aw man, the part that really grinds my gears are when actual artists with talent start pushing for NFT's claiming that this is the only way to make money. Like, if you're not completely fucking inept, there are so many other ways to make money. Commissions, selling prints, merch, donations. The ones that piss me off the most are the big artists that are already doing well themselves pushing it, because it's really clear that they're reasoning is just, "I want more money."

AChicken posted: »

goddamn NFTs At the very least he didn't go with one of the ugly monkeys or ugly lions. Still burnt down a forest for this though.

• edited January 2022

That awkward moment when Randy Pitchford has more integrity than Troy Baker.

What’s even funnier is that the company Troy partnered with, is literally trying to drive him out of a job.

• I guess Randy was right to not call Troy Baker for Rhys reprise in Borderlands 3 and I have a hard time thinking I actually said this.

That awkward moment when Randy Pitchford has more integrity than Troy Baker. What’s even funnier is that the company Troy partnered w

• Omg lol wow and that is awkward

That awkward moment when Randy Pitchford has more integrity than Troy Baker. What’s even funnier is that the company Troy partnered w

Sign in to comment in this discussion.