My problem with the new The Wolf Among Us 2 trailer

edited February 2022 in The Wolf Among Us

Bigby's face. I guess it is different because they are using motion capture? But I still think it could be better, it needs improvements. Basically it is weird, he looks older and a bit weird. Is it bad? Of course not, but It still look a bit off. If Telltale is seeing this i hope they can fix it, please?

This is a feedback post that I am doing! This is not a post hating on Telltale, I really want this game to succeed. I just didnt like his face. Does any one else feels this way? He almost looks like a grandpa.

Comments

• edited February 2022

I don’t see it? I thought he looked exactly the same as he did in the first season, just in HD.

That being said, I do agree that he looks old, but I also thought that was kind of the point with the character. I always thought he was physically supposed to be in his late 30s, early 40s but looks older because his job is so draining and he doesn’t get nearly as much rest as he should.

• It looks good mostly but sometimes looks off. Like the first reveal of his face when the light shined my brother was laughing at his expression. So for now I do prefer Season 1 Bigby but S2 looks great too.

• I noticed that too. tbh that scene and the shot with him in the anger management group seemed off. In some shots, he looks like a cleaned up version of the season 1 model; in others, he looks like the season 1 model with a slightly different art style. At first I thought it was intentional because they were trying to convey that the scenes in the motel where Bigby looks the most like his season 1 self were in the past (kind of like how in Kingdom Hearts Square uses Sora's model from the first game whenever they do flashbacks) but it could be that's just how the new model looks in direct light, or I could be overthinking things entirely.

Ghetsis posted: »

It looks good mostly but sometimes looks off. Like the first reveal of his face when the light shined my brother was laughing at his expression. So for now I do prefer Season 1 Bigby but S2 looks great too.

• I think it looks real good. It is obviously different, but I do think it grew on me right away. I think people should realize that it has been like an actual 9 years of seeing this character model and our brains sort of highlight the differences even though they are actually pretty minor. You can see the face looks the most different when seen directly from the front because it seems his face is simply a bit wider and taller (specifically around the jaw) and even then I don't think it looks bad at all. If they want to go and change it a bit more to try and really look almost 1-1 in shape to Season 1 I wouldn't complain, but if this is how it looks I would also be very happy. Seems it was done so Bigby could have greater expression and I am all for that.

• Actually I think he looks great in the group session, maybe a little off at the very end but still good. The new lighting is one of my favourite things about the jump to Unreal. Maybe it's just because it's not the exact same so that looks sort of wrong to me but that doesn't mean they didn't do a great job with him.

booper posted: »

I noticed that too. tbh that scene and the shot with him in the anger management group seemed off. In some shots, he looks like a cleaned up

• Aside from (some) of the cel-shading looking a bit extra shiny in particular cases, I personally thought the art style upgrade as a whole was really impressive.

• edited February 2022

I usually don't have a great eye for that stuff, but I thought it looked great personally.

• Bigby's face looks more like Bigby than Lee and Clementine did in S4 flashback.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.