Speculation/Ideas for how Telltale will add new gameplay to Season 2

Now that Telltale is updating their gameplay beyond the Walking Dead Season 1 format, I figured we could speculate and share ideas of how Telltale will update the gameplay for Wolf Season 2.

As some mentioned in the past, Bigby has "Wolf senses" that amplify his abilities of hearing, smell, etc. Telltale didn't use this a lot as a gameplay mechanic in Season 1, but now that Telltale 2.0 is more open to updating gameplay - I thought it would be really cool if they updated the Season 2 gameplay to make Bigby's wolf senses an actual gameplay mechanic when you solve puzzles in a hub.

Back when Telltale 1.0 closed, TTG alumni Mark Darin posted a bit about his idea of implementing Wolf sense on Twitter:

I'll post some more thoughts later, but I was curious to see if others on the forum also had similar interesting ideas to speculate on, with Telltale updating the gameplay.

Comments

• edited February 2022

Honestly I hope we get more of detective Bigby. I think it'd pretty neat if we had something kind of like LA Noir where you look for evidence, interrogate people, catch lies and then piece together the events. We did get some of that in Toad's apartment in the first game but I hope we get even more.

• I feel like smell is very likely to appear in some form with this game. Either it will be used almost like a detective mode, or they may use it like the eye in Tales, where interactable items can also be additionally smelled for that extra layer.

I do wonder how other gameplay will go. Seemed half confirmed action scenes will be QTE still, but I hope they maybe found a way to make them more engaging than just press a direction and maybe mash a button.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited February 2022

I wouldn't mind a return to time investigation choices, where you gotta choose one place first, but circumstances have changed in the other while you were gone, but this time have it feel a bit more meaningful in some way.

• ^ I feel like having choices built around time like Ep 3 could work really well this time around when there is more time to develop how these choices change

dojo32161 posted: »

I wouldn't mind a return to time investigation choices, where you gotta choose one place first, but circumstances have changed in the other while you were gone, but this time have it feel a bit more meaningful in some way.

• Poogers!! It’s been a few years lol But I really like the idea of having Bigby’s sense of smell being implemented into detective scenes… maybe it can be something similar to the detective vision from Arkham games but it will show Bigby like what sort of stuff the person of interest has at the time… like say they were wearing a certain cologne or perfume and if your Bigby picked up on that he can ask the person of interest why they were at the scene.

Poogers555 posted: »

I feel like smell is very likely to appear in some form with this game. Either it will be used almost like a detective mode, or they may use

Sign in to comment in this discussion.