The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Why Netflix just why?

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

Winnie the Pooh's public domain now, so I'm not surprised.

I'm sure we'll get faithful non-Disney adaptations at some point.

Why Netflix just why?

• edited July 2022

That's uh, a fake trailer.

The buzz around that film is pretty interesting though. Great idea to get attention on your film by making the source material so wild and out there from what people would expect with it going public domain. A Winnie the Pooh horror movie. Dang.
    But yeah I've seen that video around the net and it's clearly not representative of the actual movie. Way too amateurish to convey... anything about anything.

Why Netflix just why?

• The Legend of Pipi, an animated short I've slowly watched being developed for the last year or two is finally out and it's wonderful! It's absolutely adorable and hilariously morbid!

• I know that already it’s just a terrible Netflix idea they should be done in Tubi’s streaming service instead.

Jennifer posted: »

Winnie the Pooh's public domain now, so I'm not surprised. I'm sure we'll get faithful non-Disney adaptations at some point.

• It's been developed and released by an independent company, Netflix wasn't involved with the production or distribution.

I know that already it’s just a terrible Netflix idea they should be done in Tubi’s streaming service instead.

• edited July 2022

I saw it on a Netflix page on Facebook , I don’t know why the admins let someone posted that there in the community .

lupinb0y posted: »

It's been developed and released by an independent company, Netflix wasn't involved with the production or distribution.

• edited July 2022

I guess the admin just thought the "trailer" was real despite it literally just being a jpeg of Pooh from the actual movie being overlaid on top of random footage.

I saw it on a Netflix page on Facebook , I don’t know why the admins let someone posted that there in the community .

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Ooh, have fun, Yakuza's a great series. With some growing pains at points.

Jennifer posted: »

I'm replaying the Yakuza series with the intent of reviewing them all on my blog. I already reviewed Yakuza 0, but I decided to replay it a

• edited July 2022

Do you think it’ll be streamed on Tubi?

I guess the admin just thought the "trailer" was real despite it literally just being a jpeg of Pooh from the actual movie being overlaid on top of random footage.

• There isn't an official release date yet and no word on where exactly it'll be released, but maybe? I'm not from the US so I'm not familiar with Tubi.

Do you think it’ll be streamed on Tubi?

• I just watched it.

I’m getting this vibe from the recent marvel movies that the writers/directors aren’t being given enough room to breath. Even No Way Home, the strongest of phase four, could’ve used some ironing out of plot quirks. It feels creatively strained, like these movies need more time in the oven, especially compared to past phases of the MCU.

Love and Thunder was fun at times, basically okay.

Is the new Thor any good?

• edited July 2022

We wrapped our Fringe show today woohoo! Very exciting, super proud of all of us involved.

It was stressful at times but we pulled through! 3 shows into it (soon after I posted about my excitement last week), we unfortunately had to quickly change a lot of things, as one of our main actors/directors got sick (not covid thankfully, but mono) so they had to be bedridden for the rest of the week.
    One mad scramble to cut their part out and reorganise/rewrite/rechoreograph existing lines later to make things fit, and the next day we were back on the saddle, doing well. That was really neat.

I'm also getting paid for this which is awesome. Not that much, but it's something. First professional performance job, aw yeahhh.

• Tubi is a free streaming service it has a lot good movies but it’s really known for b rated horror movies with bad editing .

There isn't an official release date yet and no word on where exactly it'll be released, but maybe? I'm not from the US so I'm not familiar with Tubi.

• For people living in the United States what ice cream are you having since it’s national ice cream day?

• edited July 2022

Cat game out tomorrow WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edit
    Cat game out now WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Damn, a day late. I had vanilla

For people living in the United States what ice cream are you having since it’s national ice cream day?

• This trailer alone is enough for me. I am actually excited for this since I am one of the only people who liked Halloween Kills, my second favorite just after the original.

• Stray has a dedicated meow button.

• I think Will Smith would make a great Mr. Fantastic in a fantastic four movie. I don’t think it’s gonna happen, though.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

Yeah, I love the Yakuza series and Ryu Ga Gotaku Studio in general. I'm not quite as obsessive about collecting their games as I am about Telltale's, but I have almost all of the games they made over the years - Yakuza on PS2, Like a Dragon Kenzan and Yakuza: Dead Souls on PS3, Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 on PS3, PS4, and Windows, Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2 for PS4 and Windows, Like a Dragon Ishin, Yakuza 6, and Yakuza: Like a Dragon for PS4, Binary Domain and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD for Windows, plus Judgment and Lost Judgment on PS4. Oh, and I have the Streets of Kamurocho Yakuza/Streets of Rage game Sega put on Steam a few years ago for Sega's 60th anniversary.

I also have the two Yakuza films. I have the prequel film, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, digitally from when Sega UK had the film with English subtitles on their site way back when. I also have the Yakuza film on DVD.

I may or may not review all this stuff on my blog, but I'll definitely be replaying or playing through most of them.

dojo32161 posted: »

Ooh, have fun, Yakuza's a great series. With some growing pains at points.

• edited July 2022

The Dragon Prince confirmed for a November release. Got to say, I really feel as though I should be more hyped, but from the lame reveal at the overly hyped last event, and some other info that was given at the panel, and the fact that it's going to be a full 3 years between seasons, I'm just feeling let down. Still looking forward to it, but not as much as I feel I should be. Hopefully when we see actual footage it can rekindle my hopes.

EDIT: Wonderstorm is also apparently making another new show, which will be shown on Sunday at SDCC. Interesting, will have to check it out, but I'm starting to worry they're running themselves a bit thin. They already have TDP, but they're making a video game, they've made a bunch of comics, wrote novelizations of the show, released a ton of other supplemental material, and have helped produce a bunch of different board/tabletop games. Add on another show, seems like a lot. Maybe it's just nerves after how Telltale ended up, but doing this much, no wonder it took 3 years for another season.

• The Dragon Prince confirmed for a November release. Got to say, I really feel as though I should be more hyped, but

Oh. That's cool, but "Oh."
    I agree. This should feel more hyped up but here I am and I only just heard about this from you. Barely a peep from Netflix today, on any social media, except for this random clip?

Cool! But still weirdly anticlimactic reveal.
    I hope this doesn't mean they haven't finished enough footage for a full trailer...

The Dragon Prince confirmed for a November release. Got to say, I really feel as though I should be more hyped, but from the lame reveal at

• edited July 2022

Going from history, trailers have always come out a couple of weeks before release. Since it will be out in November, I imagine a trailer comes at NYCC.

Yeah, that is what happens when you take 3 years between seasons. Granted time was spent making the other seasons so they can come out in quick succession like 1-3 did, but dividing their time like they did doesn’t make me feel giddy, again, considering my past relationship with this company. The clip was neat, while not a lot was shown. Apparently the entire first episode was shown at the panel, but recording wasn’t allowed and all we get is the clip.

Edit: read a plot summary from someone on Twitter. Seems like a good episode.

AChicken posted: »

The Dragon Prince confirmed for a November release. Got to say, I really feel as though I should be more hyped, but Oh. That's cool,

• Not sure about Callums new hairdo but I dig everything else in the clip.

AChicken posted: »

The Dragon Prince confirmed for a November release. Got to say, I really feel as though I should be more hyped, but Oh. That's cool,

• They also just released a prequel comicbook starring Rayla as a kid.

The Dragon Prince confirmed for a November release. Got to say, I really feel as though I should be more hyped, but from the lame reveal at

• Yeah that reminds me I have to order it. Money is just tight at the moment and it’s not something I’m willing to do as of now. Plus, considering how the last one ended (Rayla, you fucking bitch), I’m scared.

They also just released a prequel comicbook starring Rayla as a kid.

• Yeah I’m not a fan of it either, it just looks really weird

Not sure about Callums new hairdo but I dig everything else in the clip.

• Plus, considering how the last one ended (Rayla, you fucking bitch), I’m scared.

Lmao. Seems like it's more of an expansion of Rayla's character and her relationship with Ethair and Runaan, which we never got to see so that'll be neat.

Yeah I’m not a fan of it either, it just looks really weird

Hopefully someone, maybe Soren, takes one look at his hair, goes "No" and ruffles it up.

Yeah I’m not a fan of it either, it just looks really weird

• Sorry for asking it here guys, can't for some reason in TWD section (haven't been around here for quite some years, so welcome back!). I am replaying the first season of TWD, am on episode 2 right now and was wondering: how long would the St. Johns electric fence take to fry the walkers realistically? And what would it mean for the outcome where you kick Andy St. Jonh into the electric fence - will he come back as a walker after he dies, or is his brain fried from the electric fence? He stays in contact with the fence for about 8 seconds...

• edited July 2022

Why do I feel like it will actually be Rayla who does it. You know, after she's done begging for his forgiveness and apologizes. Oh, and does the jerk face dance.

Plus, considering how the last one ended (Rayla, you fucking bitch), I’m scared. Lmao. Seems like it's more of an expansion of Rayla

• The first animated movie by Avatar Studios is officially confirmed to be about the OG Team Avatar and will follow them as young adults. The announcement was made by Janet Varney, the voice of Korra, while holding the Rise of Kyoshi book, so the rumour of the other two movies being about Korra and Kyoshi seems to have some credence now.

• Damn it lupin, I was going to post that, why are you stealing my thunder? Is this because I didn’t let you comment about TDP yesterday?

In all seriousness, holy fucking shit yes, let’s fucking go boys. This is not a drill, I repeat, not a drill. OG crew is back, I’m stoked. This is actually the greatest news I’ve heard in a while. Depending on how old they’ll be, I hope they get most of the original actors and actresses back.

The first animated movie by Avatar Studios is officially confirmed to be about the OG Team Avatar and will follow them as young adults. The

• Without a question the best news of this entire week. Nothing comes close to this. NOTHING. This is perfect.

The first animated movie by Avatar Studios is officially confirmed to be about the OG Team Avatar and will follow them as young adults. The

• Damn it lupin, I was going to post that, why are you stealing my thunder? Is this because I didn’t let you comment about TDP yesterday?

Damn it lupin, I was going to post that, why are you stealing my thunder? Is this because I didn’t let you comment about TDP yesterday? I

• Welcome back,TWD section of the forums has been closed for a while now and to be honest it's probably for the best.

You're probably better off asking this on the telltale walking dead subreddit you'll probably have more answers there.

I can try to answer your question though.

I think overall it probably wouldn't take too long for the fence to fry the walkers now Andy that's a bit more complicated.

I don't know much about how electric fences work on your average human in a life or death kind of situation and its a bit tricky because some people have been known to resist to things that would've killed them otherwise,but i would imagine that if St John Andy were to die from that he would most likely come back as a walker.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Sorry for asking it here guys, can't for some reason in TWD section (haven't been around here for quite some years, so welcome back!). I am

• Wait, weren't we told that Avatar Studios is going for 3D animation instead of 2D for the animated films? If it's still true, that's a little bit of a bummer cause 3D animation is so overused and overdone these days. They could prove us wrong but 2D animation tends to be more timeless than 3D.

• I hope it'll at least be 2.5D like Spider-Verse, where it's a nice mix of the two.

AronDracula posted: »

Wait, weren't we told that Avatar Studios is going for 3D animation instead of 2D for the animated films? If it's still true, that's a littl

• I feel like I need to read the comics that take place right after the events of ATLA show to prepare myself for the film but problem is that I am so impatient in terms of books and comics.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.