New Tales from the Borderlands Thread - Welcome To The Nuclear Fallout

Comments

• It took me a while, and then I made this monstrosity. Enjoy.

Poogers555 posted: »

InGen post your best TFTBL meme. I want to see it, I need to see it. We all need it.

• uh oh

It took me a while, and then I made this monstrosity. Enjoy.

• 2 more days

• Hey Poogers have you ever gotten those Rhys socks? 😛

2 more days

• 5 Episodes
    30-45 minutes each
    Minimal choice, about 2 an episode
    BL3 gameplay segments and then 5 minute cutscenes
    Rhys recasted again
    Sasha recasted
    No Fiona - Somehow still recasted

• 14 hours to go oh boy...

I'm afraid I'll be out having a good time at the local fair tomorrow so I'll have to catch up on the gamescom reveals after it's all done.
    Good luck, y'all!

• Alright today's the day, kill us, Gearbox.

• I have to ask James A Janisse to make a kill count video for the Telltale Community.

• @InGen_Nate_Kenny you got any explosion-related gifs? I feel like we might need it after today to best describe what's going to happen...

• The Telltale Community after Gearbox airs the TFTB2 trailer:

AronDracula posted: »

I have to ask James A Janisse to make a kill count video for the Telltale Community.

• hello friends

• Im unsure how to feel about Tales 2 with it being made by Gearbox, they are not very good in the writing aspect

• I was unsure I would be able to see this reveal in real time or not. However, it is with great misfortune, that I will see New Tales from the Borderlands revealed live.

• Good to see you Pipas, we will all suffer together

Pipas posted: »

hello friends

• edited August 2022

oh no
    edit:

hold up- old writers?

• edited August 2022

oh God, here we go

EDIT: Some of the original writers and developers? Who exactly Randy?

• Time to die

• So I think my main question would be who exactly are the returning developers and seeing how Rhys is coming back, is he Troy Baker this time at least?

• edited August 2022

I heard that too, I'm curious now, because a lot of that trailer felt like BL3 quality, not Telltale quality.

Also, no, it's almost definitely not Troy Baker

oh no edit: hold up- old writers?

• Well, that was...not impressive

• Can Promethea go like 5 minutes without being invaded. First Maliwan now Tediore. Rhys, start improving your security.

• It's about what I expected to see from Gearbox TFTFB

• confirmed that original writers are on this. I uh didn't hate the trailer? I'm still not sure overall.

• Overall not as big of a disaster as I expected, but still looks pretty meh to me. The guy protagonist looked pretty annoying tho lol.

I wonder who the old writers actually are. Inb4 it's just 1 random person who barely worked on TftB.

• Fran looked like the most annoying of the three. The other female protag has a nice enough design, though.

Pipas posted: »

Overall not as big of a disaster as I expected, but still looks pretty meh to me. The guy protagonist looked pretty annoying tho lol. I wonder who the old writers actually are. Inb4 it's just 1 random person who barely worked on TftB.

• Did you see who is working on it? Because all that was said was "Telltale" not specifically "Tales from the Borderlands" Could end up with someone who never even worked on Tales as who he was talking about. I remember back when New Tales was announced one writer was pretty disappointed, but I think they deleted their tweet.

confirmed that original writers are on this. I uh didn't hate the trailer? I'm still not sure overall.

• edited August 2022

To Poogs and Pipas' point, this is my concern. Randy was very (and more than likely purposely) vague on details in regards to WHO from Telltale they got. We know it's not Pierre and Nick as they're doing TWAU2. Watch as it turns out to be the janitor who cleaned out the desks after everyone was fired who was hired to work on the game. He can get away with saying "We got Telltale people working on it" when in reality, it was probably some minuscule/low level developer (this is not meant to be an insult to them, it's just that our minds instantly jump to highly involved creative/team leads when we hear something like this).

• Yes, knowing it is Randy I am sure "former Telltale devs" really means 2 people who worked at Telltale in 2018 or something. I think it is safe to assume it is no one at AdHoc because they were busy with Wolf 2 and their website says they are already working on another game so unless it was consulting, I doubt they had anything to do with it. The lead writer for the Minecraft games who was also a pretty important writer on Tales also isnt involved based on some tweets and blog post he made months ago.

I will say, I don't think visually it looks horrible and I think there is a chance it comes out decent. But in general a lot of those characters felt pretty lacking. Reminds me of the new Saints Row game where it seems the most common critique (after bugs and outdated gameplay) is "Wow these characters are bad." However, to me a lot of my feelings for this game is going to depend on hearing if anyone key to Tales is actually working on this thing.

To Poogs and Pipas' point, this is my concern. Randy was very (and more than likely purposely) vague on details in regards to WHO from Tellt

• Here's the trailer

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2022

I compiled this a few months as to where writers/directors from TFTB currently are:

Writers

Pierre Shorette - CCO at AdHoc (Making wolf among us 2)

Adam Hines - Co founded Night School Studios (Oxenfree and AfterParty)

Jeremy Breslau - Narrative Director at Sony

Chuck Jordan - Apparently he recently made a game for the PlayDate, guess he's small indie so there might be a bigger chance for him? Dude has quite the resume.

Eric Stirpe - Lead Writer at Remedy.

Anthony Burch - Writer at Santa Monica Studio

Zack Keller - Narrative Director at King

Directors:

Nick Herman - Same boat as Pierre Shorette, working at AdHoc

Jonathan Stauder - Working at Deck Nine, so possibly working on The Expanse Telltale game

Ashley Ruhl - Seems to be working at Bioware on Star Wars: The Old Republic (well, until recently)

Martin Montgomery - Seems to be a creative director at Genvid Technologies, seems to be working on a Walking Dead project that's part game part streaming series.

Yes, knowing it is Randy I am sure "former Telltale devs" really means 2 people who worked at Telltale in 2018 or something. I think it is s

• Nah just assumed lol. Hopefully they drop more deets. From that trailer at least it seemed less chaotic and obnoxious than other borderlands shit so fingers crossed.

Did you see who is working on it? Because all that was said was "Telltale" not specifically "Tales from the Borderlands" Could end up with s

• Saw Randy tweeted this saying there are people who worked on the original game. But it feels like this wont be those you listed who worked on the original because it seems they are all a bit occupied. Hopefully we will know who is actually working on this soon instead of speculating. Either way, it seems there are at least 4 core members not there.

dojo32161 posted: »

I compiled this a few months as to where writers/directors from TFTB currently are: Writers Pierre Shorette - CCO at AdHoc (Making wol

• edited August 2022

the fucking deluxe edition lets you play as Rhys and Fiona in a bonus chapter.

Its over.

Edit: This may be incorrect and I am susceptible to false information

Edit 2: Nope 100% real

Edit 3: No eyes no real

• realization that Tales from the Borderlands Redux was real the whole time, bonus chapter and all

• ...Huh?

the fucking deluxe edition lets you play as Rhys and Fiona in a bonus chapter. Its over. Edit: This may be incorrect and I am susceptible to false information Edit 2: Nope 100% real Edit 3: No eyes no real

• ?????????????????????

the fucking deluxe edition lets you play as Rhys and Fiona in a bonus chapter. Its over. Edit: This may be incorrect and I am susceptible to false information Edit 2: Nope 100% real Edit 3: No eyes no real

• edited August 2022

never mind I cant read fuck

?????????????????????

• edited August 2022

are you serious

EDIT: Okay, false info. But I still got a mini heart attack.

• Ok to clear things up, basically someone got through to the website for what the deluxe edition gives you, and it just says "Play as Rhys and Fiona on the desert planet of Pandora!" but if you go to the Xbox store it specifies that the deluxe edition simply gives you Tales from the Borderlands 1. So no bonus chapter stuff.

Sorry fellas.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.