The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Another scary thing for October

AronDracula posted: »

I promised myself not to support GTA 6 due to how bad Rockstar has been doing in terms of management and communication. Now with the leaks o

• Gamers: A female protagonist in a GTA game? That has to be the dumbest shit I've EVER heard. Seriously? Like honestly that has to be the lowest-

leaks come out

Gamers:
    AWOOOOOOOGA!!!

lupinb0y posted: »

• Also speaking more of the GTA6 leaks, I'm sure for devs it must be such a weird feeling to have your game leaked like this but honestly what did leak is very impressive looking. Honestly I've seen more people complaining about people saying it doesnt look good to people actually saying that, but I just wanted to say the game already looks really impressive considering this is like 1 year old dev footage that was literally never meant to see the light of day.

• I'm writing and directing a film for my Junior Production Class and it's the most ambitious project I've done to date. I'm confident that I can get it done as I have a dedicated crew and most of the locations locked down, but it's expensive to produce. I started a GoFundMe to raise money for the budget and it's going pretty slowly so far.

• Speaking even more, they didn't take too long to track down and arrest the GTA 6 leaker apparently. I guess we could say that leaking a very ambitious project definitely causes a 5-star level wanted just as much as entering Area 69/51. Worst part is that there is no one to cover for him like Toreno or Agent ULP.

What I don't understand is that why would he think leaking GTA 6 wouldn't cause a lot of attention? It's been almost a decade since we had a new game from one of the most popular video game franchises in history which should be extremely obvious.

Poogers555 posted: »

Also speaking more of the GTA6 leaks, I'm sure for devs it must be such a weird feeling to have your game leaked like this but honestly what

• edited September 2022

Cyberpunk 2077 was on sale so I decided to get it considering it's been nearly two years since it released and heard things for the most part have been ironed out.

Those people fuckin' lied because this game is still filled to the brim with bugs. So much t-posing, lip syncing not working, audio disappearing, texture pop ins, NPC's popping in and out of existence, entire buildings and locations not spawning in, etc. Not to mention some really insane stuttering.

This is legitimately the most bugs I've ever encountered in a AAA game and I've only played four hours of it.

• o no :grimace:

What are you playing it on? I was sure I'd heard it being pretty stable on next-gen consoles at the least.
    I saw a physical PS4 copy on sale for 10$ a few weeks ago and debated on picking it up -- with the sole intention of sitting on it until I can upgrade to PS5. But I couldn't get it anyways, since it was probably clearance for a select few stores in my country, and their website showed nothing near me with availability to ship.

Cyberpunk 2077 was on sale so I decided to get it considering it's been nearly two years since it released and heard things for the most par

• edited September 2022

I'm playing it on a gaming laptop with an RTX2070 (the recommended graphics card is a GTX 1060) and I've had very few issues playing many other current gen games. Cyberpunk is absolutely throttling my laptop, no matter what settings I try, whether it be the lowest or highest, the framerate is wildly inconsistent and the stuttering is borderline unplayable.

EDIT
    I managed to fix the stuttering, thank God, so now it's in a playable state. Still got them bugs tho.

AChicken posted: »

o no What are you playing it on? I was sure I'd heard it being pretty stable on next-gen consoles at the least. I saw a physical PS4

• I will never understand people defending this game and thinking it's good when it's not even close to other good open worlds that came before. Especially GTA Vice City, which came out in 2002 and it was only made in 9 MONTHS.

I bet that if it was made by Ubisoft, then they would have bashed it. But no, we shouldn't trash it because CD Project made Witcher 3, pretty much the only game that put the company on a huge radar.

Cyberpunk 2077 was on sale so I decided to get it considering it's been nearly two years since it released and heard things for the most par

• Sorry lupin. I was one of the schmucks who ended up buying it on day of release, and I still haven't touched it because of the bugs and problems. I do hear it is in a playable condition on PS5 now, so I think I'm going to give it a chance once I finish up what I'm doing. But I agree, if you've got a pretty good and high end laptop, that's not acceptable to be in that state this far afterwards.

I'm playing it on a gaming laptop with an RTX2070 (the recommended graphics card is a GTX 1060) and I've had very few issues playing many ot

• "Like... Praline Portal Punch, or Top-Secret, Secret Sauce... You're right."

• Reminds me of the story of how Lara Craft came to be.

But let's be real here, GTA VI was/is going to be a massive success, irrespective of the...employment of the third-person camera work.

Poogers555 posted: »

Gamers: A female protagonist in a GTA game? That has to be the dumbest shit I've EVER heard. Seriously? Like honestly that has to be the lowest- leaks come out Gamers: AWOOOOOOOGA!!!

• Daaaamn. This does leave me a little worried on how well the game's going, second delay now. Or it's doing pretty well and it's been much more ambitious than originally expected.

But I've got faith it'll be a fun one, and I'm still hyped! Here's hoping it's in the first half of '23.

Oxenfree 2 delayed until 2023 https://twitter.com/nightschoolers/status/1573744744923963392

• I saw Akira tonight. It was wild. My local theatre was packed, way more than usual, huge line for the popcon, most people I've seen since before Covid.

The visuals were fantastic. The hallucination scenes will stick with me for a long time, and especially the climax.
    It was a lot to process overall, with some trippy visuals, lots of themes and overarching plots involving militaristic/corporate greed, anti-establishmentarianism, ultimate power, and sci-fi philosophical stuff.
    The movie takes its time building up the stakes, I found the editing a bit weird (scenes usually end with fade-outs, only to hard-cut to the next one), and a grotesquely animated climax (in a good way!)

I can definitely see the influences it had on pop-culture afterwards, especially in relation to telekinetically-powered children. I was reminded of that one satellite laser scene from Invincible that now feels like a huge homage to this one. Also the movie Lucy by Luc Besson also popped in my head, I feel like his idea of "ultimate power" and how that film ends feels pretty inspired by this one too.

Very surprised to see The Iconic Bike Slide to happen barely 10 minutes into the movie. It passed by so fast and is a pretty minor moment compared to the insanity of the rest of the film it's incredible that it influenced so many references to it over the years. Even Jordan Peele's recent NOPE has it!

That bike though :yum: 👌
    That's one good-looking piece of machinery. SO iconic.

• edited September 2022

Tried out the Modern Warfare 2 open beta because it's free.

First match had a dude with his mic on having a full conversation with someone else in the bowels of a jet engine.
    Second match some called everyone an expletive and another immediately said something racist, and another dude burped into his mic at the end of the match. After that I permanently turned that shit off.

Yep, that's CoD alright. You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

• I also recently tried it out just because it was free.

Never played a COD in my life so I'm a fish outta water with this.
    And boy do I suck (and it's just not for me). Death comes way too quickly, I can't tell which camo'd people are the good guys or the bad guys, and there's way too many things about killstreaks and special moves I don't have the time to sit and read about. :p

I really enjoyed the Knock Out mode though. There's two small teams, everyone has one life, you can revive teammates if they're downed, and you have to hunt the other team in this pretty open map.
    Going close-quarters with a shotgun was fun, or sprinting to grab the package to secure the win before the enemies realise it.

Tried out the Modern Warfare 2 open beta because it's free. First match had a dude with his mic on having a full conversation with someon

• And boy do I suck (and it's just not for me). Death comes way too quickly, I can't tell which camo'd people are the good guys or the bad guys, and there's way too many things about killstreaks and special moves I don't have the time to sit and read about. :p

Yeah that's just how CoD usually is. Wildly chaotic and incredibly unbalanced.

I really enjoyed the Knock Out mode though. There's two small teams, everyone has one life, you can revive teammates if they're downed, and you have to hunt the other team in this pretty open map.

I've only played the big "Battlefield" style mode, Ground War and have been having some fun with that. I'm honestly too afraid to play the smaller modes considering how toxic the playerbase can be lol.

I also recently tried it out just because it was free. Never played a COD in my life so I'm a fish outta water with this. And boy do I s

• Me on Oct 21st looking through the credits of New Tales for a single person who worked on the original game in any form

• Why are they making us wait until November for this?

• edited September 2022

This is coming out this week

It's uncanny how similar this style of animation is to Spider-Verse. Very painterly. Great job artists.
    And it's really interesting how they're using it... for a romance series

• I was about to say "Is this the Spider-Verse sequel" when I saw the animation.

This is coming out this week It's uncanny how similar this style of animation is to Spider-Verse. Very painterly. Great job artists. And it's really interesting how they're using it... for a romance series

• That new hurricane Ian will be right over me. Oh well :(

• Best one from the old MW2.

Tried out the Modern Warfare 2 open beta because it's free. First match had a dude with his mic on having a full conversation with someon

• Praying for your safety

Menofthe214 posted: »

That new hurricane Ian will be right over me. Oh well

• Huge Avatar Last Airbender News!

‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ Series at Netflix Casts 20, Including George Takei, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Arden Cho, Danny Pudi

I also learned from this article that (already announced) Daniel Dae Kim will play Fire Lord Ozai! Interesting.

• I also learned from this article that (already announced) Daniel Dae Kim will play Fire Lord Ozai! Interesting.

It was already announced and mentioned it myself months ago but I guess you missed it.

Huge Avatar Last Airbender News! ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ Series at Netflix Casts 20, Including George Takei, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Arden

• Fun fact, George Takei has already dipped his toes in Avatar before, he was the voice of the prison warden in the S1 episode Imprisoned.

I’m not against the casting, he can definitely bring a good spin on Koh, but what was wrong with getting Erik Dellums to return? He’s got such a good voice for it.

Another fun fact, James Sie will play the live action cabbage merchant. You might also recognize his voice from the animated show, where he played…the cabbage merchant. Brilliant casting, wouldn’t have wanted anyone else.

Huge Avatar Last Airbender News! ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ Series at Netflix Casts 20, Including George Takei, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Arden

• Thanks Metallica

Praying for your safety

• Get to safety as soon as possible, mate. Hope you make it.

Menofthe214 posted: »

That new hurricane Ian will be right over me. Oh well

• Thank you Aron.

AronDracula posted: »

Get to safety as soon as possible, mate. Hope you make it.

• Fun fact, George Takei has already dipped his toes in Avatar before, he was the voice of the prison warden in the S1 episode Imprisoned.

Ah yeah,, I noticed that on my first time through! Cool that he's back

I’m not against the casting, he can definitely bring a good spin on Koh, but what was wrong with getting Erik Dellums to return? He’s got such a good voice for it.

Yeah, if it's just another CGI monster with a voice-over it does suck. Damn celebrification of voice-acting...

Fun fact, George Takei has already dipped his toes in Avatar before, he was the voice of the prison warden in the S1 episode Imprisoned.

• Only reason I can think of is that, even for the CGI creatures and characters who need to be recorded, they still wanted to maintain the Asian-centric casting. George Takei fits that, Erik Dellums, who is African American, does not. That, and I guess star power, George Takei is a bigger name than Erik, which also leads me to think Koh will have a bigger role in this version. Hell, with the fact that a lot of characters we don't meet until Seasons 2 and 3 already have actors playing them, it seems like a lot of them will have bigger roles than the original animated show gave them.

Fun fact, George Takei has already dipped his toes in Avatar before, he was the voice of the prison warden in the S1 episode Imprisoned.

• edited September 2022

True. Having an all-Asian & Native American cast for as much accuracy to the show's inspired style looks like what they're going for here, and I commend them for that.

Plus the amount of big names here might be good news, since Netflix is probably going to market the hell out of it when it's done and filmed, so they want to bring as many eyes and as much success as they can.
    Might be setting it up to become the next big child/tween/nostalgia series once Stranger Things closes. The demographics and genres don't totally line up, but this is looking like it'll be a big fantasy series.

Only reason I can think of is that, even for the CGI creatures and characters who need to be recorded, they still wanted to maintain the Asi

• edited September 2022

Ladies and gentleman…the Honorable Aaron Motherfucking Judge

Get fucked Toronto (not you Chicken, you’re cool)

• Sorry guys didn’t say anything but couldn’t post do to Hurricane Ian luckily for me it wasn’t bad I felt bad for Tampa and manatee county.

• Get fucked Toronto (not you Chicken, you’re cool)

lmao thank you anyway

Good for Judge. That's a great win.

Ladies and gentleman…the Honorable Aaron Motherfucking Judge https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/1575292465384398848 Get fucked Toronto (not you Chicken, you’re cool)

• In one week, Across the Spider-Verse Part One was supposed to release...

I am sad. Hope we get something at least to commemorate it. A teaser poster maybe? Another teaser trailer?

• 2 months until vgas, I think we are getting close to another fake wolf leak. I cant remember how long its been now. I cant remember if there was some post saying it would be at the vgas or there was some post in May or something saying it would be at Xbox summer thing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.