The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Well, this is probably the event that makes sense we might finally hear more info on Wolf 2.

Poogers555 posted: »

2 months until vgas, I think we are getting close to another fake wolf leak. I cant remember how long its been now. I cant remember if there

• I'd say its very likely we will see another trailer or teaser there but I also really want to see fake leaks damnit

dojo32161 posted: »

Well, this is probably the event that makes sense we might finally hear more info on Wolf 2.

• edited October 2022

120+ people just died after a soccer match in Indonesia. I don’t know exactly what prompted the riot to start or what the events were that preceded it, but police started chucking tear gas into the crowds. People were being beaten, others were crushed under a stampede of people trying to get out of the stadium. Just an awful tragedy, my prayers go out to those injured, the families and loved ones of those killed, and of course for the dead.

• watchin new tales

• Man it's been nearly more than two years since I've been here (and even longer since I posted regularly.) How's everyone been?

• Welcome back. We are still breathing just so you know. Everyone is excited for TWAU2 and everyone is being very skeptical about New Tales from the Borderlands.

Man it's been nearly more than two years since I've been here (and even longer since I posted regularly.) How's everyone been?

• https://mp1st.com/news/report-horizon-zero-dawn-remake-remaster-in-the-works-for-ps5-horizon-multiplayer-game-in-development

I have a question. Is this my universe or did I just teleport to another one while sleeping? This is even a bigger waste of resources than TLOU remake, let alone being reason studios are getting encouraged to do the same thing.

• edited October 2022

I'd hope it's just a remaster, not a remake. The game already looks gorgeous on the PS4, and I'm pretty sure got a 60fps patch for PS5 too?

When I first played it -- unfortunately I didn't get too far because I just wasn't in the mood for an open-world experience -- but if there's one thing that I know needs to be improved, it's the conversations. The dialogue and voice-acting is fine, but the stilted presentation of the facial expressions, depth-of-field, and awkward camera cuts made each of them feel so WEIRD. It's like the game runs on a completely different engine in those situations!
    I don't know if it had improved for the sequel (I hope so) but that's one issue I'd hope the devs could fix at some point.

AronDracula posted: »

https://mp1st.com/news/report-horizon-zero-dawn-remake-remaster-in-the-works-for-ps5-horizon-multiplayer-game-in-development I have a que

• There's been some talk that it's probably a remaster like they did with Spider-Man rather than an actual remake. I'm more inclined to believe it being a remaster considering it's an open world game, which is a whole 'nother juggernaut from a linear narrative based game.

https://mp1st.com/news/report-horizon-zero-dawn-remake-remaster-in-the-works-for-ps5-horizon-multiplayer-game-in-development I have a que

• When I first played it -- unfortunately I didn't get too far because I just wasn't in the mood for an open-world experience -- but if there's one thing that I know needs to be improved, it's the conversations. The dialogue and voice-acting is fine, but the stilted presentation of the facial expressions, depth-of-field, and awkward camera cuts made each of them feel so WEIRD. It's like the game runs on a completely different engine in those situations!

I played the game when it launched on PC and absolutely loved it, but I have to agree. HZD legitimately has the worst animation I've ever seen from a AAA game.

AChicken posted: »

I'd hope it's just a remaster, not a remake. The game already looks gorgeous on the PS4, and I'm pretty sure got a 60fps patch for PS5 too?

• Granted, yeah. The animation and camerawork for the conversations turned me off completely. It's another reason why I played only a little bit of Fallout 4 and never finished it. I think the worst that I have ever seen is in The Evil Within 2 which isn't even a full open world game. I see nothing creative about the way they place the camera.

• edited October 2022

Time of death: October 6, 1:05pm.

The visual style looks awesome
    but mommy I'm scared of the Crisp Rat Voice.

edit: full poster. Out April 7 next year?? wow

• This looks amazing. I love the fact that they changed the anti-gravity areas in which you can fly around like in Dead Space 2. I never liked how you have to jump from one ground to another in the original. Make this IP whole again.

• Horizon's sequel definitely fixed a lot of problems with NPC talk camera work, although I was never too bothered by it in HZD myself.

Granted, yeah. The animation and camerawork for the conversations turned me off completely. It's another reason why I played only a little b

• So I just noticed that apparently twau got an internal update a few months ago. At first glance it seemed like it was for the Steamdeck but another update right after specifically updated the game and even included some kind of patch. Now idk what any of that really means but if I had to guess I would say that update was purposely related to Steam Deck. Both Batman games also got a form of an internal update, but only Wolf seemingly has 2 depot updates, one being a patch number that I think has been there for a really long time now. I know it is probs nothing, but would be interesting if they actually are planning on updating the original game to make it have a save file transfer for the new season.

• Hyped for the inevitable cringe.

Time of death: October 6, 1:05pm. https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1577297501408968706 The visual style looks awesome but mommy I'm scared of the Crisp Rat Voice. edit: full poster. Out April 7 next year?? wow

• edited October 2022

Lmao. Looks like Mario's movie design has been leaked by a McDonald's employee.

If this is real it doesn't look bad at all, but it looks... off. Almost uncanny valley to me and I'm not entirely sure why. His proportions match the games but something about it is just not right.

• I think his face is a little fatter than it normally is. Thats why it looks weird to me I think, because his face is usually a little slimmer and not quite as round.

lupinb0y posted: »

Lmao. Looks like Mario's movie design has been leaked by a McDonald's employee. (Spoiler) If this is real it doesn't look bad at all,

• Well, not a bad design, something you can get used to, but it does feel weird after over a decade or two of Nintendo keeping the Mario cast looking the same.

Lmao. Looks like Mario's movie design has been leaked by a McDonald's employee. (Spoiler) If this is real it doesn't look bad at all,

• edited October 2022

I'm not gonna look at that since the trailer is just a day away, and I'll soak up my reactions to it when it happens, but people have pointed out a few small differences in design on the poster, which looks like they're going for a slightly more stylized realism design for Mario.

If the face still looks similar to the games it should be okay. Keep the eyes and nose big and cartoony, like Sonic's "live-action" design

I don't think I like the Toads though. The added cheek dimples to their smiles look a bit creepy. And their eyes look a bit longer, too? Something about it looks off, less round, less cute in a way. Maybe it's better in motion.

this could be a decent reason for the design change/voice actor change, but I'm still gonna be sad it's not Charles Martinet

• Recently finished replaying Dying Light The Following. Still one of the best DLCs I have experienced but I am still bummed about the ending. It's just a huge middle finger to everyone who cared about the story.

With this whole game done, I am now about get ready for A Plague Tale Requiem, my most anticipated release of this month.

• Gearbox after saying there are original key members on New Tales

• edited October 2022

Gearbox's marketing team almost feels like they are marketing for why you shouldnt buy the game

Also why did they make alternate outfits for the characters but now seeing Anu and Fran's outfits, they are super basic color swaps or 10 different punker/goth outfits lol? (To squeeze an extra 10 dollars out of people I know, but damn 0 variety.)

• So, it's called The Super Mario Bros. Movie, and...

• It looks, visually, very good. High-quality texturing and animation.
    • Characters (will probably) have great emotive qualities -- mostly Bowser is shown off here, but he's expressive!
    • Bowser (Jack Black) sounds good! Deep, gravelly voice. But I think it doesn't go far enough. It doesn't have the kind of gravitas I'd expect from that kind of super evil villain.
    • Toad sounds great! I can't even tell it's Keegan-Michael Key! Either he's putting on a great voice, or it's edited a bit, or both, but he's pretty unrecognizable.
    • Mario looks good. He's got a streamlined, detailed design that doesn't stray too far from being cartoony.
    • but his voice? Chris Pratt? Well... in the small grunts and "wow"s we got, it sounds like Chris Pratt. With maybe a hint of a Brooklyn accent. I don't know whether to be relieved or dissapointed that he isn't doing a specific voice or not.

I still feel cheated they didn't get Charles Martinet. There's nothing that tells me why they had to swap him out (other than the obvious capitalistic reason).

• edited October 2022

OXENFREE has recently been delisted and now relisted on mobile devices under Netflix. You can now download it for free on your phone through the streaming service.

This... is weird to see.

Even weirder knowing that they now own the damn thing.

You can now get Oxenfree merch straight from netflix wtf

• Had my blood donated Tuesday for the first time , it was awesome had 4 chocolate chip cookies ,sprite and a free Halloween t-shirt along with gift cards of any of your choosing.

Describing the needle it was big but felt relaxed.

Can’t wait to do that again it was an awesome experience.

• This looks like the stuff you see on TikTok or in some shitty mobile game ad...

Poogers555 posted: »

Gearbox's marketing team almost feels like they are marketing for why you shouldnt buy the game Also why did they make alternate outf

• edited October 2022

Honestly wonder how well this game will end up doing. Overall engagement is very low and if you have dislikes enabled it gets negative ratio'd really bad every time. Normally I'd say dislikes don't mean much, but most of the time those trailers also get a ton of views. Here we have low views and heavy dislikes. I think the worst part about the situation is the fact that no original staff is returning but Gearbox keeps pretending there is, and knowing the dev history of Tales, it feels extra crappy.

So anyway the Virgin Gearbox pretend to hire original members vs the Chad New Telltale Hire Original Team Members

bruzdaa posted: »

This looks like the stuff you see on TikTok or in some shitty mobile game ad...

• Wow, this is by far Illuminations best looking movie. It's so vibrant and colourful! The animation looks really good as well, though that's never been a problem they've had. Jack Black as Bowser is fucking GREAT! It sounds nothing like him, and I really like Keegan-Michael Key's Toad as well. Chris Pratt is literally just Chris Pratt with a slight Brooklyn edge to it. I guess I was kind of hoping that he'd surprise everyone with a great impression.

So, it's called The Super Mario Bros. Movie, and... * It looks, visually, very good. High-quality texturing and animation. * Chara

• Hey friend, long time no see - but I would recognize that avatar anywhere. It's been mostly low-key and relaxed, although we have something to look forward to in the TWAU 2. Mostly old regulars around too, discussing things of interest here and there.

Man it's been nearly more than two years since I've been here (and even longer since I posted regularly.) How's everyone been?

• Man, we at Gearbox are really big fans of.................... Telltale!

• Why did NO ONE ever tell me about GOG Galaxy? This is a game launcher that features WAY more classic games from 90's and 2000's than Steam. I have been able to revisit probably the VERY first game I have ever played in my life which is Disney's Hercules. This is the one that got me into gaming to begin with. I can also be able to play horror games like Silent Hill 4 and the Alone in the Dark games.

• edited October 2022

See you in 8 months, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse...

For Real tho, I'm glad it was delayed. Especially in this era of VFX/animation crunch. Still sad to think about today tho. It was so close, now it's much further away...
    Fingers crossed for something to come out that shows off where the movie's at right now

• I definitely need to update my avatar. Most of the accounts I used as a teenager just use avatars from whatever my interest was at the time because I didn't know what else to use.

I actually never played the first TWAU for some reason. Now might be a good time to give it a go.

Hey friend, long time no see - but I would recognize that avatar anywhere. It's been mostly low-key and relaxed, although we have something

• Didn't know you hadn't heard. :) Go ahead and sign up for their email newsletter, too, 'cause they give out free games to subscribers every now and then.

Why did NO ONE ever tell me about GOG Galaxy? This is a game launcher that features WAY more classic games from 90's and 2000's than Steam.

• You didn't know about GOG? It's pretty well known, and fantastic for older games.

Why did NO ONE ever tell me about GOG Galaxy? This is a game launcher that features WAY more classic games from 90's and 2000's than Steam.

• So I knew this was happening but also completely forgot, but Fables is actually continuing the comics and has had 5 issues released already. Honestly it makes me wonder if anything being added here may be considered a conflict with Wolf 2. I know Wolf 2 is in a weird canon but not hard canon place now where it seems the devs are respecting the canon but aren't going to be as strict as it was before, but with new issues of this comic coming out with new characters I almost wonder if there will be a surprise "uh oh same character but different" situation.

I mostly say this because Peter Pan is now officially part of Fables and I remember some people thinking how Peter Pan as an antagonist for Wolf 2 could be possible with the whole Fables overlapping with real world and Peter Pan is sort of known for doing that. Now obviously we don't have any idea what Wolf 2's main story or characters will be, but it makes me wonder how much communication there is as now there is 2 series that may be looking at the same Fable characters not yet used. (Batman Bigby comic also added Gren's mother for example)

• I knew about it but I didn't know they were giving a lot of classic games.

dojo32161 posted: »

You didn't know about GOG? It's pretty well known, and fantastic for older games.

• edited October 2022

I picked the wrong week to go back to work. We finally got the trailer for The Dragon Prince, and finally see Rayla, and I can't even watch it. Bastards.

At least Rayla looks awesome. Finally, a new character design that doesn't look like crap.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.