Who else would love a park sim?

edited June 2010 in Jurassic Park
Anyone play Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis? I posted something similar earlier this week in the general discussion section, but I've got to reiterate: the lack of Jurassic Park games in which you actually, y'know, build and maintain a park full of dinosaurs is criminal, especially when you consider how well the Zoo Tycoon franchise did (or at least the first one; I'm not sure about the sequel's sales). C'mon Telltale! This is a problem that needs to be rectified!

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I'd love someone to make a game like that, but I'd prefer Telltale stick to a narrative based game.

Who's really hot in the park-sim world at the moment? I can't really think of anyone, but I'd love to get a game like that. Operation Genesis was great fun at the time.
  • edited June 2010
    Operation Genesis, has allways been great fun.
  • edited June 2010
    Anyone play Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis? I posted something similar earlier this week in the general discussion section, but I've got to reiterate: the lack of Jurassic Park games in which you actually, y'know, build and maintain a park full of dinosaurs is criminal, especially when you consider how well the Zoo Tycoon franchise did (or at least the first one; I'm not sure about the sequel's sales). C'mon Telltale! This is a problem that needs to be rectified!

As you Mention Zoo Tycoon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_Tycoon:_Dinosaur_Digs

Or did you mention it because of this?
  • edited June 2010
    with obligatory events like an employee stealing dinosaur embryos and messing everything up, and uncontrolled dinosaur breeding, and test sites for dinosaur creation being destroyed and overrun by dinosaurs, and random tourists being eaten by those dinosaurs!

dunno, it would be an interesting game, but kinda against the point of jurassic park.

haven't played operation genesis though.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm not into park sims, so no, I'm not interested in a JP Park Sim.

I'd love something similar to what there was with Trespasser. I'm curious what TT has in store for these two franchises.
  • edited June 2010
    Spykes wrote: »

I'd love something similar to what there was with Trespasser. I'm curious what TT has in store for these two franchises.

I am as well, I just hope it's not a rail shooter.
  • edited June 2010
    Spykes wrote: »

Trespasser is one of my favourite games. Yeah it was buggy, unoptimized and the gameplay was sometimes frustrating, but the developers had ambition and the things they accomplished with that game were years a head of their time. Not to mention the masterful voice acting by Sir Richard Attenborough and Minnie Driver. The closest thing we'll get to a sequel is probably this mod for Crysis, and that's if it ever releases.
    Drink_Lowres.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    Do any of you know that there are downloadable mods for Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis? You can find them here in the Downloads section:
    http://www.jplegacy.org/home2.php
  • edited June 2010
    if they could do an updated and pimped up version of Operation Genesis it would be sick that game was awesome
  • edited June 2010
    Glad to see at least a few people would be interested. Maybe Telltale should consider a very simple version of this for their pilot program.

Hmmm....

Three dinosaur species, one map, a few guest amenities, some security measures. While their at it, maybe they could ring up Sid Meier and ask about some successes and failures in his never-got-off-the-ground dinosaur game.

Oh, well, I think we all know that no company is interested in doing this (at least not right now). Maybe in the future some bold developer will give Sim-Jurassic Park another shot. Heck, just typing that title probably just gave EA's marketing department good dreams for the night.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.