Wich Island?

edited August 2010 in Jurassic Park
Well this Island take place on Isla Nublar, or Isla Sorna?

Because honestly they have dinosaurs on both, and it would be good to see some of the movie locals, both could be said for both islands.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Melee Island.
  • edited June 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Melee Island.

You mean "Isla Melee" right? :p
  • TorTor
    edited June 2010
    Isla Tor, which is populated by Torosaurus.
  • edited June 2010
    I think they'll use either the park from the first movie, or they'll use a new park which they'll make up themselves. So it'd either be the original one or an original one.
  • edited June 2010
    Just for the fun of it, they should create new islands and one of them be a monkey island island, like monkey, melee, dinky, etc...
  • edited June 2010
    The island from "Lost"!
  • edited June 2010
    Nublar, of course. Imagine revisiting the now abandoned locations of the movie that captured our imagination...
  • edited June 2010
    The original Monkey Island. Complete with cannibals 'n' all.
  • edited June 2010
    Methinks Monkey Island fans are ruining this thread :p
  • edited June 2010
    Nublar. Or a third island? I don't want to see Sorna again, thugh I admit there are far more possibilities there than on Nublar. A third island would be pushing the boundaries of suspension of disbelief, though.
  • edited June 2010
    Gryffalio wrote: »
    Methinks Monkey Island fans are ruining this thread :p

Your right
    OFF TO TOTAL DRAMA ISLAND(what there could be dinosaurs there)
  • edited June 2010
    Wow, Nublar is winning. I'm surprised by that honestly.
  • edited June 2010
    Isla Mono! Or Isla Costra. Or Isla Botín. Or Isla Grasa. Or Isla Saqueo. Or Isla Sangre. Or Isla Calavera. Or Isla Lucro. Or Isla Precioso.

Islands that didn't translate well: Isla Cuerpo a Cuerpo and Isla Jambalaya. Also, the last two don't translate back correctly, which means they probably didn't translate right in the first place. Also, Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna apparently mean Mist Island and Sarcasm/Irony Island.
  • edited June 2010
    Isla Mono! Or Isla Costra. Or Isla Botín. Or Isla Grasa. Or Isla Saqueo. Or Isla Sangre. Or Isla Calavera. Or Isla Lucro. Or Isla Precioso.

Islands that didn't translate well: Isla Cuerpo a Cuerpo and Isla Jambalaya. Also, the last two don't translate back correctly, which means they probably didn't translate right in the first place. Also, Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna apparently mean Mist Island and Sarcasm/Irony Island.

What about Isla Muerta?
  • edited June 2010
    When was there an Isla Muerta? The closest I've heard to that is "Isla de Muerta" from Pirates of the Caribbean, which translates to "Island of Dead".
  • edited June 2010
    When was there an Isla Muerta? The closest I've heard to that is "Isla de Muerta" from Pirates of the Caribbean, which translates to "Island of Dead".

Actually the whole Island chain is De Cinco Muerta (The Five Deaths.)

Wich they are named Isla Matanceros, Isla Muerta, Isla Pena, Isla Sorna and Isla Tacaño.
  • edited June 2010
    Definitely Isla Nublar. I find the atmosphere of man versus nature and shattered dreams to be key aspects of the aura of the original Jurassic Park movie and book (which are my favorites of the franchise). I feel that atmosphere would best be presented within Isla Nublar, the island where the shit hit the fan. To be honest, Isla Nublar and Sorna both showcase two separate sides and tones of the Jurassic Park saga, and I prefer the Isla Nublar in that regard. I'm hoping this game takes place as a park attendant during the events of the original park disaster, drawing inspiration from both the movie and book.
  • edited June 2010
    Tor wrote: »
    Isla Tor, which is populated by Torosaurus.

I'd say Isla The... where the scary Thesaurus roams.
  • edited June 2010
    Monkey Island and Jurassic Park crossover!!
    In modern days, they found out that the island from the first JP was actually Monkey Island... And when they unearth the giant monkey head and the gateway to hell... Lechuck returns with an army of T-Rex skeletons... And this time only Dr.Grant (who discovers he's a descendant from Guybrush) can stop him! Haha!
  • edited June 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Actually the whole Island chain is De Cinco Muerta (The Five Deaths.)

Wich they are named Isla Matanceros, Isla Muerta, Isla Pena, Isla Sorna and Isla Tacaño.
    "The Five Deaths" is translated as "Las cinco muertes"
    Death (noun) = Muerte
    Dead (adjective) = Muerto (m) / Muerta (f)

I voted for Nublar, by the way. It's the island from the first movie, it isn't? The one with the park, not with the labs, right? That's the island I wanted to vote, I hope not to have commited a mistake...
  • edited June 2010
    "The Five Deaths" is translated as "Las cinco muertes"
    Death (noun) = Muerte
    Dead (adjective) = Muerto (m) / Muerta (f)

I voted for Nublar, by the way. It's the island from the first movie, it isn't? The one with the park, not with the labs, right? That's the island I wanted to vote, I hope not to have commited a mistake...

Nublar is the first island with the remains of the park. Sorna is where the lost world, and III took place.
  • edited June 2010
    it could be both...or a brand new one all together...on lost world movie when the girl is in the traler and she looks at a map you can see 5 islands around (could be one of them)
  • edited June 2010
    it could be both...or a brand new one all together...on lost world movie when the girl is in the traler and she looks at a map you can see 5 islands around (could be one of them)

The problem with that is in the movies, and the Lost world novel. Only Nublar and Sorna had the dinosaurs.
  • edited June 2010
    No island. The game takes place in San Diego. There has to be dinosaurs in San Diego. Think of The Lost World:
    When the ship arrives to the coast, all the crew is dead, torn in pieces, not only on the outside deck, but also INSIDE the bridge.
    The only dinosaur we see on board in the movie is the T-Rex, but:
    * When the ship arrives to the coast, the T-Rex is still trapped inside the cargo bay.
    * Even if the T-Rex was able to exit the cargo bay, and then return inside and somehow close again the hatch, it's way too big to kill the people inside the bridge without destroying the bridge itself.
    Ergo, there has to be more dinosaurs on board that ship. Smaller dinosaurs, maybe velociraptors. While everybody was distracted with the T-Rex, the other dinosaurs were able to escape unnoticed.
  • edited June 2010
    No island. The game takes place in San Diego. There has to be dinosaurs in San Diego. Think of The Lost World:
    When the ship arrives to the coast, all the crew is dead, torn in pieces, not only on the outside deck, but also INSIDE the bridge.
    The only dinosaur we see on board in the movie is the T-Rex, but:
    * When the ship arrives to the coast, the T-Rex is still trapped inside the cargo bay.
    * Even if the T-Rex was able to exit the cargo bay, and then return inside and somehow close again the hatch, it's way too big to kill the people inside the bridge without destroying the bridge itself.
    Ergo, there has to be more dinosaurs on board that ship. Smaller dinosaurs, maybe velociraptors. While everybody was distracted with the T-Rex, the other dinosaurs were able to escape unnoticed.

Actuall according to spielberg and david koep(Screen writer.) It was just the rex.
  • edited June 2010
    I would like to see Isla Nublar again to be honest, should be very different to see the remains of the park site.
  • edited June 2010
    I would like to see Isla Nublar again to be honest, should be very different to see the remains of the park site.

I agree with you, I would really like to see the locations again, if nothing more but for Nostalgia Sakes.
  • edited June 2010
    Nublar would be great, since seeing all the locations from the original (I'm thinking about that restaurant, the control center, the perimiter fence, the science lab/tour bit and the entrance hall with the skeleton) would be brilliant to see after 18 years of abandonment (assuming it was set in 2011). It could give the whole thing a brilliant creepy atmosphere.

Alternatively, Sorna would be quite fun too. An island with more species, with no boundaries, working as a huge ecosystem with minimal signs of humans existing there? It could be beautiful. It would also be interesting to see the facility during or after the hurricane distaster that led to it being abandoned.

Either could work if done right, but they'd give the game very different tones and the direction the game goes largely depends on the island chosen.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2010
    I agree. Everything would be over-run by vegetation, destroyed by dinosaurs, and just generally decayed. It would be interesting to see the park in that state.
  • edited June 2010
    Jennifer wrote: »
    I agree. Everything would be over-run by vegetation, destroyed by dinosaurs, and just generally decayed. It would be interesting to see the park in that state.

I think it would be awesome to see, just how nature could take over human construction.
  • edited June 2010
    either island would be good but please no spinosaurus cuz it ruined the film t-rex runs Jurassic Park not some fish eating dinosaur
  • edited June 2010
    A third island would be pushing the boundaries of suspension of disbelief, though.

Why? I think I'd like a tri-island area :p.
  • edited July 2010
    Ok...you guys do realize there aren't any Dinosaurs left on Isla Nublar, right?
    They explain that in the 2nd movie, they wiped the dinosaurs out on the first island after the "incident" and kept the 2nd island hidden so they could keep their "scientific discovery" alive.
    It is a shame, real shame, because I would LOVE to see the Island from the first movie again as well....but its just not possible if they are going for an expanded universe sequel approach. Why do you think they went to Isla Sorna in both JP II and III....there is a reason for that....they just couldn't go back there after they ruled out that possibility in the 2nd movie...except if you want to make a movie with just some ruins and no dinosaurs. :p
  • edited July 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Actuall according to spielberg and david koep(Screen writer.) It was just the rex.

JP2 was King Kong with dinosaurs.
  • edited August 2010
    Nublar was bombed, in the book and they almost put it in the movie if it wasn't for they didn't want to ruin children's hearts, cuz kids would of said "why did the y kill the cool dinosaurs mommy?." But basically the island was bombed and Isla Sorna is the only island with dinosaurs. I think it should take place on Sorna unless it is a prequel before the first incident happened. but if could be a prequel that took place on Sorna, and could explain how all the animals were released into the wild.
  • edited August 2010
    If we're following the movies then, which I'm sure they are, then I would have to say Isla Nublar.

If it takes place after the movies it'll be cool to see what the island looks like now after so many years. Also, it'll make for a nice story trying to figure out why dinosaurs are still on the island even after it's been said that they were all moved to site B

Unless, it's a remake of the first film. Then it'll just be awesome to relive the movie in video game format.
  • edited August 2010
    zwollie wrote: »
    Ok...you guys do realize there aren't any Dinosaurs left on Isla Nublar, right?
    They explain that in the 2nd movie, they wiped the dinosaurs out on the first island after the "incident" and kept the 2nd island hidden so they could keep their "scientific discovery" alive.
    It is a shame, real shame, because I would LOVE to see the Island from the first movie again as well....but its just not possible if they are going for an expanded universe sequel approach. Why do you think they went to Isla Sorna in both JP II and III....there is a reason for that....they just couldn't go back there after they ruled out that possibility in the 2nd movie...except if you want to make a movie with just some ruins and no dinosaurs. :p

Wait...what cannon are you taking that from the deleted scenes, because they were cut, and then added into the fox version, if it was an extended version on the movie for DVD or VHS I would consider it.
  • edited August 2010
    I voted for Isla Nublar, it's much more iconic than site b. It IS Jurassic Park. zwollie brings up a good point. Are any dinosaurs still alive there? If you remember Sam Jackson in the first movie -

Ray Arnold: "The lysine contingency - it's intended to prevent the spread of the animals is case they ever got off the island. Dr. Wu inserted a gene that makes a single faulty enzyme in protein metabolism. The animals can't manufacture the amino acid lysine. Unless they're continually supplied with lysine by us, they'll slip into a coma and die."

Then in the second movie, it's explained that the dinosaurs on Isla Sorna were not tampered with in this fashion, and that's how they've survived. The dinosaurs on Isla Nublar should have died shortly after the events of the movie with no one left to restock their lysine supply. This was a brilliant idea but makes returning to the original Jurassic Park difficult.
  • edited August 2010
    The Isla Sorna dinosaurs were created with the lysine deficiency too. They were able to survive because there were lysine-rich plants in the environment and they instinctively adjusted their diet.
  • edited August 2010
    The Isla Sorna dinosaurs were created with the lysine deficiency too. They were able to survive because there were lysine-rich plants in the environment and they instinctively adjusted their diet.

Well it's true in both cases, the carnivores at the herbivores, and the plants where full of the lysine, so the carnivores got their supply of Lysine from the herbivores, and the herbivores from the plants wich they ate.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.