The Logo

edited June 2011 in Jurassic Park
I'm still super excited for this and know you guys are gonna do an awesome job. However, I feel I have to bring up the logo. Now I know it was most likely Universal that gave you that logo to use and you probably didn't have much say in it. But I do hope you'll try and talk them into going back to the original logo.

While it's great that the Tyrannosaurus has been reinstated over the Spinosaurus. That color scheme still screams of the failure that was JP3 and I wouldn't think you or the franchise would want to be associated with...that. So I do hope you'll try and talk with Universal about going back to the original '93 logo that everyone associates with the best of the series.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    tobar wrote: »
    I'm still super excited for this and know you guys are gonna do an awesome job. However, I feel I have to bring up the logo. Now I know it was most likely Universal that gave you that logo to use and you probably didn't have much say in it. But I do hope you'll try and talk them into going back to the original logo.

While it's great that the Tyrannosaurus has been reinstated over the Spinosaurus. That color scheme still screams of the failure that was JP3 and I wouldn't think you or the franchise would want to be associated with...that. So I do hope you'll try and talk with Universal about going back to the original '93 logo that everyone associates with the best of the series.

I honestly think that, the Logo they used for The lost world would be the best bet.

Like I said, it needs to be something more in lines of the first two movies.
  • edited June 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I honestly think that, the Logo they used for The lost world would be the best bet.

Like I said, it needs to be something more in lines of the first two movies.

Well, they say they want to build on the lore the fans enjoy.
  • edited June 2010
    The logo looks fine to me. I would think it'd be nice though if Telltale got to design their own take on the logo for the game itself, but I'd be fine with the version they posted on the teaser page. I never saw JP3, so I don't have the negative feelings about it that you seem to, but as an impartial observer, there's nothing inherently wrong with the logo itself.
  • edited June 2010
    oh god, i hadn't seen the logo before. it's like the original logo but with the JP3 style. pleeeaaase change it to the original.... it had so much more style
  • edited June 2010
    I like the silver...
  • edited June 2010
    I like the silver...

blasphemy! heathen! burn in heck!
  • TorTor
    edited June 2010
    For those who don't remember the different versions: Logos galore!
    Found a couple of video game logos too.

111tdsk.jpg33jr58x.gif
    4pxcad.jpg28atdsn.png
    2vuemw8.jpg2lcbspv.jpg
    My humble suggestion:
    2d94vth.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    Tor wrote: »
    My humble suggestion:
    2d94vth.jpg

Haha! Very nice. Did you make this just then?
    I like the silver...

I agree. It's my favourite one. Maybe because I haven't seen Jurassic Park 3 yet, and the logo doesn't remind me of it, meaning that the movie is unable to tarnish my opinion of the logo.
  • TorTor
    edited June 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Did you make this just then?
    Yep, for the "No Dinosaurs with guns" thread, but I realized it was relevant here too.
  • edited June 2010
    Yep, for the "No Dinosaurs with guns" thread, but I realized it was relevant here too.

Awesome, so I am the inspiration/reason for it :D!
  • edited June 2010
    I like the cracked old look not the metalic one.
  • edited June 2010
    I've seen JP3 (and it sucks), but I still think the logo is nice.
  • edited June 2010
    I would go with the first one, like it most.
  • edited June 2010
    2d94vth.jpg

Haha brilliant :D
    Fits really nicely with this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyGMiwOGBfM

I'd rather see the game go for a realistic style though.
  • edited June 2010
    Since this game is made for the fans in first place (hopefully) and 90% of all fans love the first movie the most or at least associate most of their memories with that one, the logo should be the original 93 logo, besides of all taste issues (I do think the first looks best though).
  • edited June 2010
    Wouldn't it be cool if Telltale held a 'Design a Jurassic Park Logo' contest or something? I always love seeing what the TTG fans have to offer. And perhaps the winning logo could even be used for the game itself.
  • edited June 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be cool if Telltale held a 'Design a Jurassic Park Logo' contest or something? I always love seeing what the TTG fans have to offer. And perhaps the winning logo could even be used for the game itself.

I think that would be an awesome, Idea.
  • edited June 2010

I love it when people agree with me :).
  • edited June 2010

i love it when people use grammar/punctuations completely wrong

oh wait, no i dont, i hate it!
  • edited June 2010
    I love it when people use grammar/punctuations completely wrong.

Oh wait, no I don't, I hate it!

I hate it when it's almost non-existent.
  • edited June 2010
    I agree with Icedhope. The engraved stone look gives the logo an Ancient yet powerful feel to it, just as dinosaurs should be represented.
  • edited June 2010
    I liked JP3..... I know its flaws, I know it wasn't based on a book by michael crichton, but it was not horrible in my opinion.
  • edited June 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I liked JP3..... I know its flaws, I know it wasn't based on a book by michael crichton, but it was not horrible in my opinion.

That's good to hear. I've seen the first two and have really liked them both, so I was getting a little disappointed to hear that Jurassic Park 3 was apparently so horrible. I'm looking forward to watching it more-so now.
  • edited June 2010
    It's a great ride (no pun intended), but it's definitely not as good as the first two.
  • edited June 2010
    yeah exactly... I think what it lacked from the first two was, an intricate story, and any kind of worthwhile character development.... the dino action was up to par though, and was really quite good... and come on we all watch these things for the dinos anyway.
  • edited June 2010
    Not to mention the plot direction with the raptors was rather.....controversial.
  • edited June 2010
    its because they listened to Jack Horner more in the third movie and his ideas are controversial....
  • edited June 2010
    make the logo look like it did in the original and leqave it at that any true Jurassic Park fan would agree
  • edited July 2010
    THE OLD LOGO IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

Check it out on the small video next to the Blog section...

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs

Our asses are parked... Errr, I mean... Welcome, to Jurassic Park!
  • edited July 2010
    I like how SBCG4AP is the only full-season game that isn't mentioned in that small video.
    Guess they're ashamed of it now.
  • edited July 2010
    uniqortkga wrote: »
    I like how SBCG4AP is the only full-season game that isn't mentioned in that small video.
    Guess it didn't match the tone of the trailer.

Fixed, due to this.
  • edited July 2010
    Trenchfoot wrote: »

Woo! I feel like we accomplished something even though this thread probably had nothing to do with it! :D
  • edited July 2010
    Thank god the old logo is back!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    i think it should be close to the logo of Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (that game is awesome BTW) I like the silver look but it has to have a T-Rex skeleton in the logo, not like they did in JP3.
  • edited December 2010
    Not a mayor news breakthrough, but I just "discovered" this and thought it would be nice to share...

jptr.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    I'm waiting for when clicking on Jurassic Park actually brings us to a Jurassic Park page and not the notice that talks about the team up with Universal. lol I can't wait for that.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, I noticed that last night and thought something was different.
    Hope this means they'll start promoting JP soon and start giving it some attention, like a website and such : )
  • edited December 2010
    I may be one of the few that really liked the third movie.... not nearly as much as the other two especially the first one... but I found it pretty enjoyable.
  • edited December 2010
    Trenchfoot wrote: »

Am I being a complete moron? Where's this video?
  • edited December 2010
    linorn wrote: »
    Am I being a complete moron? Where's this video?

Back in July, when that was posted, the Universal deal video was on the Blog page. It's not there anymore.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.