No, no, no, NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I played as a dinosaur in half of the Genesis game. It wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Here's a dinosaur that's much more fun to play as.

yoshi.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    And there we go. Discussion gets back on track if it needs to. Telltale forums have a pretty unique vibe. I wouldn't want to moderate against that, unless the derailing was done constantly and with bad intent.

Normally here it's tangents that change a threads topic, not a deliberate trollish post.
    Yeah. Considering that this is the thread in the JP forums where the subject is in line with my feelings on the game, I'm the last person to think that it's "not worth discussing". We were just making fun of the forums' tendency to go off in crazy directions.

Besides, the thread was effectively dead anyway, the discussion totally talked out, and if someone had something new to say, it would've gone right back on track.
    Okay. I still think deciding a thread is over because you don't care about it anymore is only okay if you know for certain that everyone else feels the same way, but I understood that saying that it annoyed me wouldn't change anything when I said it. I just find it really annoying.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, it's not like anyone actively decided the thread was over, but yes, there was a decent lull in activity and we were just screwing around. And if that bothers you so much, are you ever on the wrong forums, because what happened here was mild compared to half the threads around here. The Telltale forums don't know the meaning of the word "topic".
  • edited June 2010
    Well, it's not like anyone actively decided the thread was over, but yes, there was a decent lull in activity and we were just screwing around. And if that bothers you so much, are you ever on the wrong forums, because what happened here was mild compared to half the threads around here. The Telltale forums don't know the meaning of the word "topic".

This just reminded me, I have a slice of pizza in the refrigerator.
  • edited June 2010
    Okay, where should I go to discuss Sam & Max then?
  • edited June 2010
    I didn't mean it that way. I'm just saying, derailed threads are a dime a dozen around here. Maybe that doesn't make it okay, but most of us find it to be one of the charms of this place, that any conversation can go in any direction at any given time. For better or worse, it's just sort of a part of this place.

Also, in a bit of irony, we've completely derailed this thread into a conversation about derailed threads.
  • edited June 2010
    The possibility of a thread being derailed into something amusing has encouraged me to try to read every thread. :D
  • edited June 2010
    give them a chance man lets see how they do just hope they dont make the graphics like their others games make them like halo reach or some others
  • edited June 2010
    Wow, you just insulted their other games (which I loved) and told me to hope for it to be like a game series I hate, all without capitalization or punctuation and in the middle of some strange spree to post in every thread on the board.

I don't think I can fit all of my disdain into a single post.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm actually rather psyched about them doing games based on two of my all time favorite franchises. I don't care what genre it is. But even then, I'm sure there will be some adventuring in there somewhere. Whats wrong with a blend of puzzle solving and action, if that was the way it would be done. Hell, I played through Heavy Rain and loved it. So I'm open to anything.
  • edited June 2010
    i'm sure this has been said somewhere but i couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread. its the same thing that happened when lucasarts announced the release of an indiana jones adventure game. people wee saying it wouldn't work. but it was fantastic. a partnership between telltale and universal is incredible news why are people critisizing them for expanding? things can only get better and telltale doesnt seem like the company to sell out.

I think this might even be a little revolutionary. why not make movies into games there are 1000 of movies that could make excellent games. if telltale had announced it was doing another indiana jones wouldn't everyone just go nuts? Sure! but because this is new and never done before (as an adventure game) you don't know what to expect! Ask yourselves this and see how you feel again :
    HOW MANY TIMES HAS TELLTALE LET YOU DOWN?
  • edited June 2010
    HOW MANY TIMES HAS TELLTALE LET YOU DOWN?

2zstukn.jpg

merchset5.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    2zstukn.jpg

merchset5.jpg

ok how many times has telltale let you down in an actual game obviously cardboard cutouts isn't their strong suit
  • edited June 2010
    ok how many times has telltale let you down in an actual game obviously cardboard cutouts isn't their strong suit

Can you please remove images when you quote them? We don't need to see them twice on the same page. :(
  • edited June 2010

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
  • edited June 2010
    What's the problem with the cutouts? And the map for that matter?
  • edited June 2010
    Cutouts = ugly and useless. Map = failure in design.
  • edited June 2010
    What's the problem with the cutouts?

Other than being a hideous eyesore that makes the game look like a cheap toy in a cereal box and utterly ruining what was supposed to be a special limited edition slipcover? Nothing.
    And the map for that matter?

The art on the site led us to believe we would be receiving a quality cloth map, not a silk-screened handkerchief.

chest-map.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    Can't you just trim off the white edge?
  • edited June 2010
    I think it would be more effective to just frame the map, having the matte cover most of the white edge. Seriously, I joked about them being napkins, but they don't look like they're actually that bad. Once you have the thing framed up you probably wouldn't even notice.

As for the slipcover, is that over the DVD cover, or is Purcell's artwork on the other side?
  • edited June 2010
    That's the "collector's slipcover" with Purcell's artwork.
  • edited June 2010
    So wouldn't it be more natural just to keep Purcell's work the side flipped out? :confused:
  • edited June 2010

If I want it to look like a badly mutilated silkscreened handkerchief.
  • edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    So wouldn't it be more natural just to keep Purcell's work the side flipped out? :confused:

Flipped out? What are you talking about?
  • edited June 2010
    Huh, weird, I thought his artwork would match the poster ...
  • edited June 2010

It does. Well, except it has the title on there too.

2yvqfqp.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    im sorry guru i didnt mean it like that i meant that they make games with graphics not as appealing as some other games ive played its a little cartoonish and jurassic park and back to the future are the best franchises of all time excluding star wars and deserve the best
  • edited June 2010
    Wow, you just insulted their other games (which I loved) and told me to hope for it to be like a game series I hate, all without capitalization or punctuation and in the middle of some strange spree to post in every thread on the board.

I don't think I can fit all of my disdain into a single post.

Dude jurassic park has made a reputation that im not sure tell tale can up hold
  • edited June 2010
    Please refer to this post for my stance on the graphics issue.
  • edited June 2010
    sintarsis wrote: »
    Dude jurassic park has made a reputation that im not sure tell tale can up hold

Ummm...Jurassic Park does have a reputation, and well...the fanbase is sort of in Hiatus, and beleive me Telltale knows what they're doing.
  • edited June 2010

The special artwork is a cardboard slip cover that slips over the DVD case. There is no flip out. The regular non-deluxe artwork is still inside the DVD case underneath.
  • edited June 2010
    My only problem with the BTTF/JP games is the potential flood of forumites that would divide the forums into 3 sides: BTTF, JP and TTG. I just hope the BTTF/JP fans don't start flame wars amongst themselves, only referring to TTG games as "those other games"
  • edited June 2010
    My only problem with the BTTF/JP games is the potential flood of forumites that would divide the forums into 3 sides: BTTF, JP and TTG. I just hope the BTTF/JP fans don't start flame wars amongst themselves, only referring to TTG games as "those other games"

Whoa, thats kind of a big accusation there, I happen to be a JP fan, and a BTTF fan, and I hold them quite dear to my heart, and honestly; let them play the games while their here. They might actually enjoy them and stay on.
  • edited June 2010
    dude its because of script isssues and hey there are lots of jurassic park fans and im glad tell tale is doing this because they are the only ones brave enough to do it and i think they will do a good job icedhope
  • edited June 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Whoa, thats kind of a big accusation there, I happen to be a JP fan, and a BTTF fan, and I hold them quite dear to my heart, and honestly; let them play the games while their here. They might actually enjoy them and stay on.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound that harsh, i just meant that as a possibility.

(Also, I was talking about people that would be new to Telltale and possibly gaming in general. I would also like to see the new fans like other Telltale projects; but I was talking about a "worst-case scenario.")
  • edited June 2010
    Remember the old Sega CD Jurassic Park adventure game?

Cover of the game:
    http://www.opusgames.com/games/jpark/jpbox.jpg

Screenshots:
    http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/original/1076865985-00.png
    http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/original/1076866086-00.png
    http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/original/1076866257-00.png
    http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/original/1076866478-00.png

There are more, but those I thought were best.

I hope that when Telltale releases the game that it does NOT resemble that type of game. *shudder*

I don't know what it will be like, and I am ever so hopeful. Everything I've played so far from Telltale has been enjoyable.
  • edited June 2010
    bzrro20 wrote: »
    Remember the old Sega CD Jurassic Park adventure game?

Cover of the game:
    http://www.opusgames.com/games/jpark/jpbox.jpg

Screenshots:
    http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/original/1076865985-00.png
    http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/original/1076866086-00.png
    http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/original/1076866257-00.png
    http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/original/1076866478-00.png

There are more, but those I thought were best.

I hope that when Telltale releases the game that it does NOT resemble that type of game. *shudder*

I don't know what it will be like, and I am ever so hopeful. Everything I've played so far from Telltale has been enjoyable.

I actually enjoyed the sega CD version, it was lot of fun and it was thrilling, and had everything Jurassic park should have had.
  • edited June 2010
    Anyone who thinks point-and-clicks can't have action obviously hasn't played Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals (which, conviniently, is currently on sale on Steam for like $10).
  • edited June 2010

It's cloth, it would fray unless you really know what I'm doing. Plus I'm assuming the back would be white instead of being the map colour. I would have prefered a cloth the colour of the map background with the map printed on it, if I'm making sense, so you can roll it and it's not all white on the other side.
    If I'm making sense.

And Lena, the cutouts aren't on the inside of the slipcover, they're on the back side, the front being the Purcell art.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.