The Tim Curry Request Thread

edited September 2010 in Jurassic Park
You know you want him. You know he'd be incredible in the game and he'd add a lot to the atmosphere with his incredible voice; hell, he does in everything he's in. Who else would love to see Tim Curry play a role in this? Personally I'd like to see him play an ambitious villain who ends up getting eaten; it's just his kind of role. I can't be the only one who'd like to see him in a Telltale game, and I think this is the perfect opportunity.

I know this sort of topic or idea is out of left field and even a bit crazy, (I mean you could really make this sort of topic for ANYBODY) but I dunno, what do you think?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I really like Tim Curry.
    But wouldn't he maybe be better suited for something in the comedy genre?
    Comedy isn't the first, second or third thing that comes to mind when I think of Jurassic Park.
    Then again he was Gabriel Knight.
    If he played it straight it could be interesting.
  • edited June 2010
    I'd love to see Tim Curry in this game. After all, he can do the jungle/sruvival/greedy evil villian role...anyone remember 'Congo'?

And of course he can do comedy. I mean he was Wadsworth in 'Clue', and he did a wonderful job.

(Plum - "There is no need to shout."
    Wadsworth - "I'M NOT SHOUTING!!" ... "Alright I am!" "I'm shouting, I'm shouting, I'm S...." *candlestick pops him on head, he falls down*)

I've always liked Tim Curry and I hope TTG will consider geting him a role in the JP game.
  • edited June 2010
    You know, I always hear how great Tim Curry is, but I can honestly say I've only heard him as Gabriel Knight? I hope that's not the only legendary thing he's done?
  • edited June 2010
    StarEye wrote: »
    You know, I always hear how great Tim Curry is, but I can honestly say I've only heard him as Gabriel Knight? I hope that's not the only legendary thing he's done?

Of course not. His performance as the concierge of the Plaza Hotel in Home Alone 2: Lost in New York is that of a master thespian.
  • edited June 2010
    StarEye wrote: »

Are you making a joke?

He was Long John Silver in Muppet Treasure Island, he was the butler in the movie Clue, and he's done a ton of TV work... he's voiced the villain in at least one of the animated Scooby-doo movies. He's also been in several video games: he was the villain in ToonStruck, a point-and-click adventure from the 1990s, and he was recently a villain in Tim Schafer's Brutal Legend, to name a couple.

He's probably still most famous for his cross-dressed appearance in The Rocky Horror Picture Show, though.
  • edited June 2010
    Not to mention his numerous stage performances, such as Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. The man just has an immense acting talent, gift for timing, and such a unique voice.

This should give you a good idea of his voice and performances.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Tim Curry is great as a villain. In Monk, Dale "the Whale" Biederbeck was played by different actors in each of his three appearances, and Tim Curry was by far the best out of all of them. :)
  • edited June 2010
    I'll always remember him as Nigel Thornberry. <3
  • edited June 2010
    I hear that he was great as King Arthur in "Spamalot." But if he does make it into the game, I'd like to see him as the Professor Guy. :)
  • edited June 2010
    I hear that he was great as King Arthur in "Spamalot." But if he does make it into the game, I'd like to see him as the Professor Guy. :)

Yeah, I liked very much his performance as King Arthur. The only bad point about his performance was, in my opinion, that he didn't resemble at all the fantastic work that Chapman did. Maybe that wasn't what Curry was trying, but I loved so much Chapman's performance that I was kinda dissapointed with what Curry did with the character at first. Then, with time, I liked it a lot.
  • edited June 2010
    How did I not check the JP forum for a week?

I add my signature to the Tim Curry request thread :)

There are some people whose mastery of over-the-top mannerisms and the English accent make them pure platinum in anything they touch. Tim Curry is one of these rare commodities! :p
  • edited June 2010
    This thread makes me shiver with antici...........
  • edited June 2010
    Udvarnoky wrote: »
    Of course not. His performance as the concierge of the Plaza Hotel in Home Alone 2: Lost in New York is that of a master thespian.

He actually was really good in that part now I think back
  • edited June 2010
    ...........pation.
  • edited June 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    He actually was really good in that part now I think back

The little part where they show the cartoon version of the Grinch smile and after that they show him. Brilliant!
  • edited June 2010
    His song "Toxic Love" in Ferngully: The Last Rainforest was one of the film's better parts. Actually, I like the Hexxus character in general. It's a pity he wasn't used more.
  • edited June 2010
    personally id like to see the original cast of survivors from jurassic park and nathan fillion cuz hes awesome tim curry would be cool to but not as cool as fillion
  • edited June 2010
    sintarsis wrote: »
    personally id like to see the original cast of survivors from jurassic park and nathan fillion cuz hes awesome tim curry would be cool to but not as cool as fillion

Heathen ;)
  • edited June 2010
    My vote is for Tim Curry as every role in everything!
  • edited June 2010
    one actor for all roles dude that would suck
  • edited June 2010
    I'd like to direct you to HomestarRunner.com. Hell, for that matter, just look at Looney Tunes.
  • edited June 2010
    looney toons and jurassic park are two different things jurassic park is better and deserves the best
  • edited June 2010
    looney toons and jurassic park are two different things jurassic park is better and deserves the best

He's refering to that one person does all the voices, and that their voices are versatile.
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah. I find this
    one actor for all roles dude that would suck

to be insulting to the memory of Mel Blanc, as well as to Mike Chapman and Billy West. Hell, 90% of the characters on The Simpsons are voiced by Dan Castellaneta, Harry Shearer, and Hank Azaria. One actor does not mean one voice.

And that's not to say that any of these things are better than Jurassic Park, because there's no comparison. However, there is plenty of other things that are better than Jurassic Park, and I mean other than Halo: Reach. Yes, it's a good series, but it is not the unbeatable crowning achievement in film you make it out to be.
  • edited June 2010
    However, there is plenty of other things that are better than Jurassic Park, and I mean other than Halo: Reach. Yes, it's a good series, but it is not the unbeatable crowning achievement in film you make it out to be.

Yeah, like Back to the Future!
  • edited June 2010
    Billy West
    Meh, he butchered Ren's voice after John K. was fired. And Fry sounds too much like Stimpy, which decreases my enjoyment of Futurama.

The guy's vastly overrated in my book.
  • edited June 2010
    Only a single mention of brutal legend. Shame!

ALL HAIL EMPEROR DOVICULOUS! LONG LIVE THE TAINTED COIL!
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah. I find this

to be insulting to the memory of Mel Blanc, as well as to Mike Chapman and Billy West. Hell, 90% of the characters on The Simpsons are voiced by Dan Castellaneta, Harry Shearer, and Hank Azaria. One actor does not mean one voice.

I'm a voice actor, and I find it a little degrading.

And that's not to say that any of these things are better than Jurassic Park, because there's no comparison. However, there is plenty of other things that are better than Jurassic Park, and I mean other than Halo: Reach. Yes, it's a good series, but it is not the unbeatable crowning achievement in film you make it out to be.

Hey, hey it's my favorite movie, but I do like the book better.
  • edited June 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    Meh, he butchered Ren's voice after John K. was fired. And Fry sounds too much like Stimpy, which decreases my enjoyment of Futurama.

The guy's vastly overrated in my book.

I was never allowed to watch Ren and Stimpy as a kid, so I don't have this problem at all. Anyway, he's good as Fry, but it's roles like Professor Farnsworth, Zoidberg, Zapp Branigan, and Leo Wong where he really does his best work.

Also, does his voice as the red M&M ruin candy commercials for you?
  • edited June 2010
    Hey you guys didn't mention he played Pennywise the Clown in Stephen King's IT. I thought he was brilliant in that role.

I think Tim Curry could definately pull off a villain role in the JP world, he seems like he'd fit well in that universe.
  • edited June 2010
    I also thought, villain wise, he was the best part of the Shadow too, in his brief screentime in that movie.
  • edited June 2010
    I was never allowed to watch Ren and Stimpy as a kid, so I don't have this problem at all. Anyway, he's good as Fry, but it's roles like Professor Farnsworth, Zoidberg, Zapp Branigan, and Leo Wong where he really does his best work.

Here's the thing that annoys me the most -- he obviously has a great deal of talent, but I can't think of a character he voices that sounds right. For example, I think Phil Hartman, the original choice for Zapp Brannigan, would have been great (Matt Groening said his audition "just nailed it."). West's interpretation just doesn't do it for me.

I think Billy West is the #1 reason I'm not a big Futurama fan.
    Also, does his voice as the red M&M ruin candy commercials for you?

Yes.

I'm serious. West's version is a pale imitation of Jon Lovitz, the original Red M&M.

Plus I forgot to include Doug Funny in West's pantheon of sound-alike characters.
  • edited June 2010
    The only reason that Phil Hartman didn't voice Brannigan is because he died. I feel that West did a great job not only providing an appropriate voice to the character, but also paying tribute to Phil Hartman.
  • edited June 2010
    Tim Curry would be great but then I'd happily have him in any of Telltale's series.

Viva la Curry
  • bubbledncrbubbledncr Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Tim Curry was also Arl Howe in Dragon Age. Played through that game 3 times and didn't realize it till I watched a documentary on the voice actors....
  • edited June 2010
    Yes... Tim Curry! Arl Rendon Howe and Gabriel Knight! Especially that season finale of Criminal Minds...

Here is a formula:

Anything + Tim Curry = Badass.
  • edited June 2010
    Having Tim Curry being a Character in Jurassic Park would be gold. Tim Curry was also in the first episode of Darkwing Duck.
  • edited June 2010
    Having Tim Curry being a Character in Jurassic Park would be gold. Tim Curry was also in the first episode of Darkwing Duck.

The only thing better than having Tim Curry in a Jurassic Park video game would be having Tim Curry as the player character in a Jurassic Park video game.
  • edited July 2010
    I think we've found a crowd-pleaser...

... the customer's always right? *flinches* :p
  • edited July 2010
    G.byrne wrote: »
    The only thing better than having Tim Curry in a Jurassic Park video game would be having Tim Curry as the player character in a Jurassic Park video game.

Oh my, YEESSSSS! Good God; a generally Gabrieleque, genuinely greatly given gift.

Make it so.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.