What species would you like to see?

edited September 2010 in Jurassic Park
Obviously the T-Rex and Raptors need to be in it....

Despite what many say about the 3rd movie the Spinosaurus was pretty rad

Will we see any unseen in JP before? Will Jack Horner be involved to give you guys dino facts?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Obviously the T-Rex and Raptors need to be in it....

Despite what many say about the 3rd movie the Spinosaurus was pretty rad

Will we see any unseen in JP before? Will Jack Horner be involved to give you guys dino facts?

God I hope Jack Horner won't be involved, that man is so backwards it isn't even funny, Spino isn't bad, but in the third he was way over powered and now with that said.

I would love to see Dilophosaurus again and Carnotaurus, I think they are some of the coolest looking dinosaurs.
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    A battle between the T-Rex and the Triceratops is something I would have loved to see in any of the three films. It's such a classical thing, it's a shame that it hasn't been done in the films... yet :p

Also, I would love to see a Carnotaurus... Maybe with the chamaleon-type skin, like in the second novel.
  • edited June 2010
    Pteranodons, definitely. I really liked them in the third film.
  • edited June 2010
    There has to be an Iguanodon! It was the first species ever discovered and started the huge dinosaur hunt! Ok on with the actual list in no particular order :D

Stegosaurus
    Ankylosaurus (or any of them bad asses with a sledgehammer on their tail)
    Sauropods!! (Diplodocus, Camarasaurus, Mamenchisaurus, Brachiosaurus to name a few)
    Prosauropods, because they preceded sauropods and were a compromise between size and mobility, kinda like SUV's
    Something from ornithopoda, pachycephalopoda and cerapoda each (there just has to be a Triceratops everyone loves them)
    Spinosaurus (the one with the sail on its back)
    Coelophysis, Herrerasaurus, Ceratosaurus, Allosaurus
    Tyrannosaurus and raptors (all kinds and all sizes)

Most of all, please don't mix the different eras! I don't wanna see a pack of coelophysis fight over a sauropod carcass with a tyrannosaurus.
  • edited June 2010
    Why cant they have different eras?
  • edited June 2010
    I'm not very much on paleonthology (or wathever it's spelled) but, now that you talk about eras... Is it true that, despite the book/movie is called "Jurassic Park", it should be more properly called "Cretaceus Park", because most species belong to the Cretaceus Period?
  • edited June 2010
    Thats the point of the book though.... they packaged it up to sell to people.... I imagine they thought the park sounded better as Jurassic Park.... Read the book there is a message.

And they didn't care what era they were cloning from they just wanted to populate the park..... so I do not see why they can not mix the eras... if it was about going back in time that would be one thing but this is about cloning dinosaurs in the modern day.
  • edited June 2010
    the real question should be...

What species would you like to PLAY AS :eek:
  • edited June 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Thats the point of the book though.... they packaged it up to sell to people.... I imagine they thought the park sounded better as Jurassic Park.... Read the book there is a message.

And they didn't care what era they were cloning from they just wanted to populate the park..... so I do not see why they can not mix the eras... if it was about going back in time that would be one thing but this is about cloning dinosaurs in the modern day.

I'd like to see the species at least at some point in an environment that they used to live in (or at least how it's thought to be). You know, foliage and everything. Then it can go all FUBAR and mixed up. I think it'd bring more dimensions to the episodic format if the eras were separated a little.
  • edited July 2010
    pteradactyls and somew water dinos
  • edited July 2010
    Euoplocephalus is were its at.
  • edited July 2010
    Hayden wrote: »

Pteranodons are NOT DINOSAURS. They are FLYING REPTILES.
  • edited July 2010
    Pteranodons are NOT DINOSAURS. They are FLYING REPTILES.

Who said they were dinosaurs?
  • edited July 2010
    hoe much bite force a T-rex is applied on flesh of animal
  • edited July 2010
    At least as much as a hoe's bite on flesh.
  • edited July 2010
    thom-22 wrote: »
    the real question should be...

What species would you like to PLAY AS :eek:

Compies.

It would be an RTS. :cool:
  • edited July 2010
    PainDealer wrote: »
    Who said they were dinosaurs?

Thankyou. I just said that I'd like to see them in the game.
  • edited July 2010
    I want to see some humans, would make a change...
  • edited July 2010
    Raptors.
  • edited July 2010
    thom-22 wrote: »
    I fully agree.
  • edited July 2010
    Nikasaurs..... darn it.
  • bubbledncrbubbledncr Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    PainDealer wrote: »
    There has to be an Iguanodon! It was the first species ever discovered and started the huge dinosaur hunt! Ok on with the actual list in no particular order :D

Stegosaurus
    Ankylosaurus (or any of them bad asses with a sledgehammer on their tail)
    Sauropods!! (Diplodocus, Camarasaurus, Mamenchisaurus, Brachiosaurus to name a few)
    Prosauropods, because they preceded sauropods and were a compromise between size and mobility, kinda like SUV's
    Something from ornithopoda, pachycephalopoda and cerapoda each (there just has to be a Triceratops everyone loves them)
    Spinosaurus (the one with the sail on its back)
    Coelophysis, Herrerasaurus, Ceratosaurus, Allosaurus
    Tyrannosaurus and raptors (all kinds and all sizes)

Most of all, please don't mix the different eras! I don't wanna see a pack of coelophysis fight over a sauropod carcass with a tyrannosaurus.

You really know your dinosaurs.
  • edited July 2010
    Pointosaurus and Clickceratops...
  • edited August 2010
    WHAT!!! No love for the Dilophosaurus?!!!

For those who don't know, the Dilophosaurus was the dinosaur that could spit venom and had a frill around it's head that would open when it was on the attack. (In the movie, anyway. There's no real evidence that show it did those things.)

The Dilo isn't featured that often but it's one of my favorite dinosaurs from Jurassic Park. It would be awesome if Telltail puts them in the game.
  • edited August 2010
    Here is a list of dinosaurs they need in the game.

1. Tyrannosaurus Rex
    2. Velociraptor
    3. Baryonyx
    4. Spinosaurus
    5. Compies
    6. Carnotaurus
    7. A type Pterosaur
    8. Dilophosaurus
    9. Brachiosaurus
    10. Stegosaurus
    11. Triceratops
    12. Parasaurolophus
    13. Ankylosaurus
    14. Gallimimus

From #9 and after shouldn't be dinosaurs that attack people but should be included in the game. From #8 and above should be the main villains.
  • edited August 2010
    My favorites are all the branches of the Maniraptora Theropods, all of which are feathered. The Raptors are part of this group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maniraptoran#Classification

& the Allosaur was more badass than the T-Rex.
  • edited August 2010
    I always thought Therizinosaur was cool.

It was awesome in dino crisis anyway. Even if it wasn't accurately portrayed. But the dinosaur itself is cool. It's like the Sloth of the dinosaur age and Sloths are cool. lol
  • edited August 2010
    They're not dinosaurs, but it would be pretty cool to see some early mammals and therapsids. Some of these things looked pretty terrifying.

800px-Pristeroognathus_DB.jpg

686px-Ivantosaurus22.jpg

411px-Burnetiamorpha.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    I wouldn't mind seeing thoses. Even if it was just for background. I like how in DinoCrisis 2 as you walked around you would see dinosaurs in the background from time to time. It's a nice touch. Makes the jungle more alive.
  • edited August 2010
    in my opinion they shouldn't be in the game. Jurassic Park was made for dinosaurs, not early mammals. That's why they shouldn't have marine reptiles either. but i would be okay if there was a Pterosaur, since there usually always confused as a dinosaur.
  • edited August 2010
    I hope there'll be chameleon-like Carnotauruses like in the second book.
    And more spotlight for the Dilophosaurus, they need more attention.

If the team includes new species, make sure to add some fictional biological gimmicks for a few of the animals (like for the two dinos above).

It's just typical for the franchise.
  • edited August 2010
    I agree i love the chameleon Carnotaurus. That would make a really challenging part in the game, 2 carnotaurs trying to kill you but the keep hiding in the jungle and you can't see him until its to late.. that would be awesome!!
  • edited August 2010
    Electric spotlights can also exploit the Carnotauruses during the night or in complete darkness.

This could lead to interesting gameplay-sequences.

For example;

An NPC tries to shoot the Carnos while the player has to spot them with a lamp to reveal the targets to the NPC, who couldn't see them otherwise.

Or you are on a high-seat and you must guide an NPC from point A to point B, spotting the Carnotauruses on his way with a spotlight so the NPC could avoid them.

Or using a thermal-vision lens to find your own way through the jungle without running into a Carnotaurus along the way.

The possibilities are huge only with this single species.
  • edited August 2010
    Any dinosaurs are good, as long as they actually look like dinosaurs from the Jurassic Park films... and not this:

a011-cartoon-dinosaur.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    evilrex wrote: »
    Any dinosaurs are good, as long as they actually look like dinosaurs from the Jurassic Park films... and not this:

RageFace2.png
  • edited August 2010
    I just stumbled upon an interview with Dan Connors from e3 that I don't think anyone's posted yet. It features this interesting quote:
    For the Jurassic Park adaptation the search is on for the ‘superstar’ dinosaur, a creature that can ‘haunt’ a scene like the Raptors of the first film.

It sounds like they're looking for a different species to replace the raptors as the main "villains" of the story. Hmm...
  • edited August 2010
    I just stumbled upon an interview with Dan Connors from e3 that I don't think anyone's posted yet. It features this interesting quote:

It sounds like they're looking for a different species to replace the raptors as the main "villains" of the story. Hmm...

Camo-Carnotaurus? :rolleyes::D
  • edited August 2010
    Mosasaurus should be a nice add. Love that one
  • edited September 2010
    Hayden wrote: »

yeah.. i like Pteranodons too... i love it...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.