Alan Wake graphics style for Jurassic Park

edited February 2011 in Jurassic Park
First of all I'm extremely happy that my favorite movie of all time has finally been given a new chance in video game format, and from a great competent developer to boot. I loved the old 2D games for NES, SNES and Mega Drive/Genesis but all subsequent JP games have been mediocre at best. By the time I heard that Telltale was going to make a new JP game I was playing Alan Wake on the 360, and thats when I realised that the graphics style of that game would be perfect for JP. Of course I don't expect Telltale to go trough all the trouble of licensing the Alan Wake graphics engine, I don't even think they should because it had really awfull facial animations. But I think that the look of the environments in Alan Wake is the style Telltale should try to get for the JP game.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    No, I think Telltale should make the game Silent Hill-style. I envision to explore the Visitors-Center in deep fog with a flashlight and decayed walls where zombie-dinosaurs drop from!

Or even better, in Resident Evil 5 style! I want a grown up badass Lex as a side-kick with who I fight through hordes of mutant-raptors in a surreal and dark JP-Universe. I really think that it would work!!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    I honestly don't know if the engine will be able to handle it but we will see though.
  • edited November 2010
    jpgriffin.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    No. Alan Wake is too much horror for Jurassic Park.
    Jurassic Park borders on horror but is much more adventure with a hint of comedy.
  • edited November 2010
    I think they will have to make some improvements for sure.... I think the most realistic games TTG make are their CSI games... I do not want the people in JP to look like that... either ramp up the graphics or go more stylized cartoon... because CSI graphics will not cut it.
  • edited November 2010
    Here's an idea. How about Jurassic Park graphics style for Jurassic Park?
  • edited November 2010
    You mean live action :P
  • edited November 2010
    Jurassic Park has its own distinctive look.

Whenever the franchise tries to be just dark and gritty something always feels very wrong, the best example would be the second movie.

Rainy night-scenes are okay but it also needs its fair share of 90's kitsch, like in the following picture:

28clua8.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    @Sadonicus
    That's a funny picture.
  • edited February 2011
    alan wake has a great graphic... this will be a budget game, so i don't think so..
  • edited February 2011
    Jurassic Park has its own distinctive look.

Whenever the franchise tries to be just dark and gritty something always feels very wrong, the best example would be the second movie.

Rainy night-scenes are okay but it also needs its fair share of 90's kitsch, like in the following picture:

28clua8.jpg

Amen. That concept art screams Jurassic Park. I can hear the theme tune when viewing it. Although the kid on the back of a dinosaur is pretty dumb.
  • edited February 2011
    Davies wrote: »
    Amen. That concept art screams Jurassic Park. I can hear the theme tune when viewing it. Although the kid on the back of a dinosaur is pretty dumb.

Yeah, but that happened in the book. Lex found a baby Triceratops and got on its back if I remember correctly.
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah, but that happened in the book. Lex found a baby Triceratops and got on its back if I remember correctly.

It's probably an image that works better in a novel than onscreen.
  • edited February 2011
    Oh, I agree. Some things just work better in written form. I think if that would have been in the movie it would have been like the gymnastic scene. It would stand out and feel a bit off from the rest of the film.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.