The Logo

2»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    So 'yes' to the moron thing!
  • edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I may be one of the few that really liked the third movie.... not nearly as much as the other two especially the first one... but I found it pretty enjoyable.

It would've been better if it hadn't been such a departure from the other two. And if they hadn't thrown paleontology out the window. Biggest example: Pteranodons with teeth.
  • edited December 2010
    It would've been better if it hadn't been such a departure from the other two. And if they hadn't thrown paleontology out the window. Biggest example: Pteranodons with teeth.

What about the totally rational velociraptors from the end of the movie? Or the military surprise!
  • edited December 2010
    What about the totally rational velociraptors from the end of the movie? Or the military surprise!

Funny, thing that was my actual Job in the marine corps.
  • edited December 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Funny, thing that was my actual Job in the marine corps.

Rescuing folks from Isla Sorna?
  • edited December 2010
    Rescuing folks from Isla Sorna?

Or storming the beach on the AAV-P7 A1's and gunning down hordes and waves of raptors...you knot the marine thing.
  • edited December 2010
    I refuse to discuss any Telltale Games logos unless it's one of these.

playboy.jpg

cb535614d3e47d97308af814b7586c4b.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    I can't even imagine what sort of game Telltale would make based on the Playboy license. O.o
  • edited December 2010
    I can't even imagine what sort of game Telltale would make based on the Playboy license. O.o
    "Maniac Playboy Mansion: Day of the-", er, I'll just stop there. :o
  • edited December 2010

A point and click one of course!
  • edited December 2010

I think you are imagining it wrong then..... But seriously there was a PS2 game sometime ago... I have no clue what the game was like because I had no interest in playing a playboy game.... I imagine they probably figured the game-play didn't have to be any good so why bother.
  • edited December 2010
    I like JP3 too. It was fun. Sure, it wasn't great like the first film was but let's face it, neither was The Lost World. It still had some fun moments and it brought Alan Grant back (and handled him well, actually). It was better than it deserved to be.
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I think you are imagining it wrong then..... But seriously there was a PS2 game sometime ago... I have no clue what the game was like because I had no interest in playing a playboy game.... I imagine they probably figured the game-play didn't have to be any good so why bother.

I remember that game. I never played it but it looked a lot like The Sims with the naughty bits unblurred.
  • edited December 2010
    markeres wrote: »
    "Maniac Playboy Mansion: Day of the-", er, I'll just stop there. :o

Ohhh, I see what ya did there

EDIT: Alan, I point that example out because it is the most retarded thing that they could've done. Pteranodon almost literally means "toothless wing". Not to mention it was dumb to have them locked in a cage when at the end of The Lost World they show some flying out in the open. As for the intelligence of velociraptors, I get annoyed when I hear from paleontologists, "They'd be no more intelligent than a house cat." I don't think a single one of those paleontologists has ever had a cat. Yes, on average they're not stupendously intelligent, but there are some cats that are very smart, even possessing "problem solving intelligence." Of course, there are also some cats that couldn't find their way out of a brown paper bag. :p
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, that always got me too. They were free in The Lost World and yet it is implied that they were always locked in the cage in JP3. Another thing that I always wondered about was how the people in the ship died. The baby T-Rex wasn't on board and the adult couldn't possible reach some of the places that bodies were found.

It's just some of those things you have to forget about. They are all still fun movies.
  • edited April 2011
    Tor wrote: »
    For those who don't remember the different versions: Logos galore!
    Found a couple of video game logos too.

111tdsk.jpg33jr58x.gif
    4pxcad.jpg28atdsn.png
    2vuemw8.jpg2lcbspv.jpg
    My humble suggestion:
    2d94vth.jpg

How'd you manage to forget the original?

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/REDSLATE32/Jurassic-Park-Original-Poster-Art.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    evn tho i saw JP3 i still like the silver t-rex logo i really dont care about JP3 so it doesnt effect me but i dont mind if they change it to the original
  • edited April 2011

EDIT: Alan, I point that example out because it is the most retarded thing that they could've done. Pteranodon almost literally means "toothless wing". Not to mention it was dumb to have them locked in a cage when at the end of The Lost World they show some flying out in the open. As for the intelligence of velociraptors, I get annoyed when I hear from paleontologists, "They'd be no more intelligent than a house cat." I don't think a single one of those paleontologists has ever had a cat. Yes, on average they're not stupendously intelligent, but there are some cats that are very smart, even possessing "problem solving intelligence." Of course, there are also some cats that couldn't find their way out of a brown paper bag. :p

When I was a kid we had a cat that figured out how to open certain doors in our house by itself, and the craziest thing in one of those doors had a round knob. My dad finally put a video camera in the laundry room to figure out how he was doing it. He was jumping up on a shelf next to the door and continually pawing at the knob with his two front paws until he got it open.
  • edited April 2011

EDIT: Alan, I point that example out because it is the most retarded thing that they could've done. Pteranodon almost literally means "toothless wing". Not to mention it was dumb to have them locked in a cage when at the end of The Lost World they show some flying out in the open.

The Pteranodons in TLW and the ones in JP3 are actually two different species. You can tell from the shape of the crest and other features:
    The TLW one, with a short, upright crest and visibly toothless beak, was a harmless fish eater that glided on wind currents and was probably only capable of powered flight for short distances only, so they were free-ranged by Ingen.
    The JP3 pteranadons, with the long crest pointing straight back, were highly territorial meat eaters capable of long distance flight, so they were confined to the aviary.
    The upright-crested pteranodon isn't even considered a pteranodon by science anymore, but rather a totally separate (but closely related) pterosaur called Geosternbergia. So technically, Ingen created two different pterosaurs.
  • edited April 2011
    I always liked the red background original logo better than the yellow background variant. I think the new logo is just fine; it combines elements from all the previous logos and serves well as the overall symbol of the franchise as a whole.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    The game currently uses the logo from the original film poster! With "The Game" under it obviously.
  • edited April 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    The game currently uses the logo from the original film poster! With "The Game" under it obviously.

Can't beat the (slightly modified) classic!
  • edited May 2011

Did you guys have to recreate the logo in something like Illustrator or did Universal provide you guys with the material??
  • edited June 2011

Thats good to hear, the red one is nice but its really more for the lost world, the yellow one was for the first movie.

Maybe use the red one for the second season of jurassic park (heres hoping to a second season anyway :D)
  • edited June 2011
    I liked the Lost World logo best... it looked ancient, loved it.:) Now, the SEQUELto JP:G could sport that logo.:P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.