Will you watch All 3 Movies before the game comes out?

JenniferJennifer Moderator
edited February 2011 in Jurassic Park
So, now that the first episode of Back to the Future: The Game is out, I guess it's time to turn our attention to the Jurassic Park films. :D

Who will be watching the three Jurassic Park movies before the game comes out to prep yourself for the new game?

I haven't seen any of the Jurassic Park movies in a long time, and I don't think I ever saw part three, so I'll definitely be watching them before the game comes out so I can catch all the references. :)

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I'll be watching the first two, I really dislike the third.
  • edited January 2011
    I was never a fan of Jurassic Park and I'm not really interested, actually, to the point I don't want to play the upcoming game since that would mean I have to watch all the movies. I don't really know, should I really give it a shot?
  • edited January 2011
    I will watch them! I know I will be as fanboy-sy before the JP release as I was before the BttF game release.
    It's TTG after all, what else could I do?
  • edited January 2011
    I don't really know. I might just watch the first movie, as I think that was the best one - but JP hasn't done as well as BttF afaik.
  • edited January 2011
    There's really no need for me to watch them again seeing how I watched them so many times that I know all three films scene for scene and word for word. :)

But yes, I'll probably be watching them once more info on the game is released.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    I was never a fan of Jurassic Park and I'm not really interested, actually, to the point I don't want to play the upcoming game since that would mean I have to watch all the movies. I don't really know, should I really give it a shot?
    If you don't like the franchise the game is based on, it's probably best to download the demo first and see if you like the game.

You never know though, you might end up liking the game. For instance, I didn't know anything about Team Fortress 2 or it's characters before Poker Night at the Inventory was announced, because I'm not the biggest FPS fan and I don't like multi-player only games. But The Heavy ended up being my favorite character in the game, despite me being a big fan of the other three franchises. :)
  • edited January 2011
    Funny to see how low the interest on this franchise is in this forum. I know other places where everybody including me will crap their pants when the first screenshots will be released :)
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    Funny to see how low the interest on this franchise is in this forum. I know other places where everybody including me will crap their pants when the first screenshots will be released :)
    If the Back to the Future fans are any indication, the Telltale forums will be full of Jurassic Park fans once the release date and trailer are out. :)
  • edited January 2011
    Falanca wrote: »

Thanks for bothering to tell us you aren't a fan and aren't interested...but you are aware that, according to your sig, YOU are a "hater", right...?:rolleyes:
  • edited January 2011
    I might watch all of them, but probably just the first two. 3rd one just has too little to it.

I hope the game will be good.
  • edited January 2011
    I'll definitely watch all three before the game is out, even though I didn't really like the third one. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood when I saw it, but it seemed ridiculously predictable. I love the first two, and I'm very excited about the game! ^_^
  • edited January 2011
    Jennifer wrote: »
    If you don't like the franchise the game is based on, it's probably best to download the demo first and see if you like the game.

You never know though, you might end up liking the game. For instance, I didn't know anything about Team Fortress 2 or it's characters before Poker Night at the Inventory was announced, because I'm not the biggest FPS fan and I don't like multi-player only games. But The Heavy ended up being my favorite character in the game, despite me being a big fan of the other three franchises. :)

That's the thing. I don't think they'll release a demo. BTTF Ep 1 had no demo. But if they give out a free episode I'm down for it. I wouldn't even mind if they unlock the free episode a month later, like how they did with BTTF.

Well, I don't also like FPS genre but Team Fortress 2 is a good exception. Yes, characterization is also great in that game, but the real reason I like that game is its gameplay. It's never like that when it comes to adventure games, you know; gameplay mostly remains the same between the examples of this genre, whereas the puzzles, characters and plot differ. I might go for it for the puzzles (sadly the quality of the puzzles in Telltale games is decreased harshly) but I have no interest in characters or plot at all.
    robotpo wrote: »
    Thanks for bothering to tell us you aren't a fan and aren't interested...but you are aware that, according to your sig, YOU are a "hater", right...?:rolleyes:

Oh yeaaah, I'm the epitome of hatred and bad will, woo
  • edited January 2011
    I'll watch the first two, the third one doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned.
  • edited January 2011
    MIGHT watch just the first movie again, but probably not. I think I'll be able to remember enough from the others to not be confused when I play the games.
  • edited January 2011
    Love the first movie. Like the second movie with the exception of the gymnastic little girl killing the raptor, that was dumb. Didn't much care for the third, they tried to make the Spinosaur or whatever they called it all badass by killing a T-rex, but the thing had none of the flare or character.
  • edited January 2011
    The first 2 are the best, the third is okay.
  • edited January 2011
    Hopefully they will come out on Blu-Ray before the game comes out, it'd be good re-explore them in HD.
  • edited January 2011
    I just recently watched the first Jurassic Park. I might watch the third one just for laughs later on. Not going to bother watching the worst of the bunch.
  • edited January 2011
    Already did, bought the box set finally a couple of months ago.
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah i probabily will watch them a few more times before hand. Just mainly to get me in the mood again ya know, Doubt il watch number 3 though because its such a silly film after the Big Fight. Before that it was an ok film.
  • edited January 2011
    From the screenshots, it looks like the first movie so I'm probably only going to be watching the first one, maybe the second.
  • edited February 2011
    I'll only watch the first one again, even though I pretty much have it memorized.

The two sequels never did much for me, they're nowhere near as good as the first in my opinion.
  • edited February 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    From the screenshots, it looks like the first movie so I'm probably only going to be watching the first one, maybe the second.

Same here. I think the biggest difference between this game and the BTTF game is that BTTF is continuing where the trilogy ended. Jurassic Park is in the middle of it all.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.