Telltale's Game Informer surprise is Jurassic Park! (Article online now)

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Looks and sounds fantastic! I literally can't wait. This is gonna be THE Jurassic Park game :D
  • edited January 2011
    Jess Harding... looks like there will be a kid to rescue/protect in the game...
  • edited January 2011
    Oh and also... I did this from the concept art.... I already really dig these characters... just from their appearances.

jpcastttg.png
  • edited January 2011
    Good job - though I think Jess may be a little off. I peg her at 14-16 years old. Her height in your lineup may be a little short?
  • edited January 2011
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Good job - though I think Jess may be a little off. I peg her at 14-16 years old. Her height in your lineup may be a little short?

Yeah I wasn't sure where to put her.... its hard to tell just from that how old she is.... I just went from head and shoe size and made a guess....
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah, her boots may be a little big. And she put them on the wrong feet, so maybe she's 6? ;)
  • edited January 2011
    Is she going to be the first child in a TTG since BONE? Or am I forgetting someone?
  • edited January 2011
    Looks Fantastic! So, I assume Billy Yoder is a mercenary working for InGen and Nima one of the pirates/smugglers mentioned in the article? Also, is that a sword sticking out from her pack?

Also, nice job, Irishmile...the cast actually look like they could be from a film sequel to JP produced in an alternate timeline, (and look very "90's", particularly the kid).
    I don't even like Jurassic Park that much

Why have, like, twenty some-odd people, in various threads, come onto the JP forum to announce to the rest of us that they don't like JP?! Are we supposed to care...? I couldn't give a dino-dropping about BttF, and you don't see me announcing it on their board, do you? :rolleyes:
  • edited January 2011
    If Telltale get this right (which I suspect they will) it'll be a magnificent achievement. I wasn't really sure how well JP was going to work, but now I'm convinced. Consider me incredibly excited.

Now, where's that preorder button?
  • edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Is she going to be the first child in a TTG since BONE? Or am I forgetting someone?

Well, depends how you view the Soda Poppers or Young Sam & Max or the Easter Island babies.... :p
  • edited January 2011
    Looks great, can't wait to see the Jurassic Park story continued.

Also nice to see that Gerry shaved off the soup-strainer at some point. It was really doing him no favors (sorry Gerry Molen) :)
  • edited January 2011
    Wonder how long it'll be before someone complains about JP having a realistic/semi-realistic art style/direction and BttF doesn't.
    I won't complain because, the way I see it, BttF don't really need such realistic/semi-realistic art style/direction, and I think they hit the nail on the head with the cartoony look.
    But such a cartoony look won't fit the JP style, so they hit the nail again with this realistic style
  • edited January 2011
    I wonder how many times they can hit that nail before it's all the way in.
  • edited January 2011
    That's the first puzzle of the game.
  • edited January 2011
    just seeing that theyre are new characters puts a smile on my face :)
  • edited January 2011
    I won't complain because, the way I see it, BttF don't really need such realistic/semi-realistic art style/direction, and I think they hit the nail on the head with the cartoony look.
    But such a cartoony look won't fit the JP style, so they hit the nail again with this realistic style

^^^I agree with this.

I love the shots, though naturally i wish they were bigger. The two T-rex images would be great wallpaper.

I really, REALLY hope this'll be PS3...there's no way that a game that looks that good will run on my computer.
  • edited January 2011
    I hope Jess doesn't know gymnastics.
  • edited January 2011
    or can control an entire island just because she knows what a CD-ROM is.
  • edited January 2011
    Not just a CD-ROM, but an *interactive* CD-ROM. With the voice of Richard Kiley. Spared no expense!
  • edited January 2011
    or can control an entire island just because she knows what a CD-ROM is.

It's a Unix system.

I know this.
  • edited January 2011
    robotpo wrote: »

Why have, like, twenty some-odd people, in various threads, come onto the JP forum to announce to the rest of us that they don't like JP?! Are we supposed to care...? I couldn't give a dino-dropping about BttF, and you don't see me announcing it on their board, do you? :rolleyes:

Read a few letters further, and you'll see that he's not just saying it to say it. Fans and non-fans *are* allowed to occupy the same thread, y'know. Nobody's gonna take Jurassic Park away from you. It's okay.
  • edited January 2011
    .. OH man you are right I just checked and my JP Novels and DVDs are still where I left them last.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm a big fan of Jurassic Park and this game looks and sounds like a blast, but I can't help but address the elephant in the room here; if the game is sticking to the film canon and the main character is Gerry Harding, why is his mustache missing?

gerryhardingjp1.gif

I mean, I know it's a minor gripe overall, but considering that Telltale went to the trouble of putting such an obscure / minor character in the limelight, it seems like a pretty big oversight.
  • edited January 2011
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Read a few letters further, and you'll see that he's not just saying it to say it. Fans and non-fans *are* allowed to occupy the same thread, y'know. Nobody's gonna take Jurassic Park away from you. It's okay.

Read the other twenty remarks I've read in the active threads on this board; it's obnoxious to come on a JP message board and proclaim your total disinterest to the other people on the forum, as he and a number of other people have done. Who goes to a message board JUST to tell everyone that they don't like the franchise? Especially when there are employees for the company producing the new JP game reading the forum, attempting to ascertain the popularity, and therefore marketability, of the "Jurassic Park" license?

And thanks, but when did I imply that someone would "take JP away from me"? I don't know what that means.
  • edited January 2011
    Nitroid wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of Jurassic Park and this game looks and sounds like a blast, but I can't help but address the elephant in the room here; if the game is sticking to the film canon and the main character is Gerry Harding, why is his mustache missing?

gerryhardingjp1.gif

I mean, I know it's a minor gripe overall, but considering that Telltale went to the trouble of putting such an obscure / minor character in the limelight, it seems like a pretty big oversight.

They've also made him look about 10 years younger...
  • edited January 2011

Removing facial hair will do that. Was it so important that he look less like Mike Ditka and more like Jack Hannah? I mean, I get it, but I'm still curious why it was necessary.
  • edited January 2011
    Maybe he shaved it off right after he met Ellie.... I mean she really rocked those khaki shorts hiked up to your armpits look... He might have wanted to impress her with his shaving while driving skills.
  • edited January 2011
    He actually looks like the love child of Richard Gere and Fred Ward.

I assume they removed his mustache because it'll be raining for a lot of the game and they don't know how to simulate water caught in somebody's mustache hair.
  • edited January 2011
    Im really diggin the ingen logo on that guys vest!
  • edited January 2011
    was there any other mega carnivore in isla nublar besides t-rex?
  • edited January 2011
    They would need a whole new game engine dedicated to just his mustache.... I feel that, we the fans may be getting ripped off on some really neat mustache themed mini games and or puzzles.. I DEMAND A REFUND!!!!
  • edited January 2011
    robotpo wrote: »
    Read the other twenty remarks I've read in the active threads on this board; it's obnoxious to come on a JP message board and proclaim your total disinterest to the other people on the forum, as he and a number of other people have done. Who goes to a message board JUST to tell everyone that they don't like the franchise? Especially when there are employees for the company producing the new JP game reading the forum, attempting to ascertain the popularity, and therefore marketability, of the "Jurassic Park" license?.

I can't speak for the other posts, as I don't come to this area of the forum very often, but I don't see how monkeymovies was being obnoxious at all. It's pretty high praise to find interest in the game, despite having no interest in the IP it's based on, through a small teaser article.

It's not like he just posted "Hey guys!!!111 I don't like Jurassic Park lololol!!!11one". You're being overly defensive.
  • edited January 2011
    Most likely...but I maintain he could gave expressed excitement without the obnoxious addition of expressing disinterest in the franchise to the other fans and developers of the game. There's actually a thread at the bottom of the forum titled "no no no" of some guy ranting about the JP game...like, we get the first new content in the franchise in years, and this somehow really upset him. Negative comments are fairly frequent on this board, and the last thing we need is for Telltale to get the impression that Jurassic isn't popular enough to bother with in the future.

Anyhoo, I was probably over-defensive about this particular comment, but not others on the board who have basically posted troll-like remarks. And, if the general group of haters causes the franchise to go back into remission, I'll find them and make them watch Troll 2, a TRULY awful film! :cool:
  • edited January 2011
    But Troll 2 is "so bad it's good". They shall suffer through Manos: Hands of Fate... without MST3K commentary! *evil chortle* :p
  • edited January 2011
    Or possibly more recent fair, such as "The Last Airbender" without RIFFTRAX commentary! Except pretty sure that'd be against the Geneva convention... :p
  • edited January 2011
    By Odin's five o'clock shadow, that's evil! (and now I can't stop thinking about Rifftrax doing The Happening, and giggling like a madman)
  • edited January 2011
    Maybe he shaved it off right after he met Ellie.... I mean she really rocked those khaki shorts hiked up to your armpits look... He might have wanted to impress her with his shaving while driving skills.

"Hey, Nedry! Can I borrow that Shaving Cream?"
  • edited January 2011
    A compy bit his 'tache clean off.
    was there any other mega carnivore in isla nublar besides t-rex?

newman.jpg
  • edited January 2011

He could still be in the same age, but just in a much better shape, you know. :rolleyes:

And really, the moustache has to return!
    (Games with moustached protagonist tend to sell pretty well. ;) )

EDIT:

24ccch3.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    I know that was a joke about Mario ... but I am now trying to think of any other mustchoid game heros.... I guess Old Snake.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.