Jrassic Park 4!!!

edited January 2011 in Jurassic Park
An interesting picture has just been posted earlier today by TPAMagazine on Twitter, who are currently taking a tour of Universal Studios Hollywood. The picture is of the "daily shooting schedule" board which is listing (as of January 9th 2011), Desperate Housewives, Parenthood and... Jurassic Park 4. Yes... I'm confused too. Here is the photograph.
Oh and there is one more photograph which is apparently the War of the Worlds stage being shot on, suggesting it could be JPIV. We'll just have to wait and see, and I will keep you all updated.

http://twitpic.com/3okpss

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Very Interesting but at the moment i wouldn't put to much into this.
    We all know it's going to happen sooner or later but Universal has been to mum on it, for anything to be starting at the moment.
  • edited January 2011
    Very interesting indeed. Altough it seems weird seeing how this whole time we were told its in devolopment hell and then all of a sudden there's a set built for it.
  • edited January 2011
    could be that they are shooting a brief teaser, If they have plans to release The original on Blue-ray they could be planning to put a teaser for the 4th on the disc when it comes out, much like they did when the first two were put on dvd with a teaser for three. I know that the compound building from three is right behind the war of the worlds set.... that seems like a stretch but you never know.
  • edited January 2011
    could be that they are shooting a brief teaser, If they have plans to release The original on Blue-ray they could be planning to put a teaser for the 4th on the disc when it comes out, much like they did when the first two were put on dvd with a teaser for three. I know that the compound building from three is right behind the war of the worlds set.... that seems like a stretch but you never know.

Hopefully they do!
  • edited January 2011
    http://www.thestudiotour.com/ush/frontlot/soundstages.shtml

Point of interest: there is no Stage 7, no Stage 14, and Stage 10 is an ADR facility.
  • edited January 2011
    I could photoshop a pic like that accidentally.
  • edited January 2011
    Hate to be a negative nancy, but IMDB has nothing on it and neither does wikipedia...I think this is a gag...sorry.
  • edited January 2011
    I feel like if JP4 was really in production, it would be under a fake working title.
  • edited January 2011
    Maybe viral marketing for the upcoming blueray? Dont think its real either
  • edited January 2011
    ComingSoon.net already debunked this 2 days ago....
  • edited January 2011
    Wow, very interesting, hope it will come soon, I'm very excited.
  • edited January 2011

Sorry to tell you but you must have missed the rest of this thread confirming that it isn't in production.
  • edited January 2011

Two of those four "stages" do not exist. Wouldn't get my hopes up. ;)
  • edited January 2011
    actually i remember reading several years ago that spielberg/universal was planning on a 4th one but i guess nothing happened. good thing though what would the strory have been? dinosaurs invade manhattan or something stupid. 3 was enough

personally i think it should have just been the one. One of my favourite films of all time dont get me wrong. 2 and 3 just dont cut it compared to the 1st (my opinion)
  • edited January 2011
    The fourth Jurassic Park film has been spinning its wheels in development hell and if the game hits on all the right notes, it could be the continuation fans have been waiting for.

Dod you read game informer? :D
  • edited January 2011
    It's been in development hell because Crichton died and no one's sure that they want to continue the series without him.
  • edited January 2011
    It's been in development hell because Crichton died and no one's sure that they want to continue the series without him.

But.... they already continued the story without a novel from him to base it on.
  • edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    But.... they already continued the story without a novel from him to base it on.

Oh yes, and that was SUCH a good idea, wasn't it? :rolleyes:
  • edited January 2011
    Very upset to find out this was a hoax =(!
  • edited January 2011
    Did you all notice that Parenthood was on the schedule as well???..That is a movie from the 1990's...It's a gag.
  • edited January 2011
    The project used to be IMDB now it's not...
  • edited January 2011
    I'm much more excited about Telltales game, tbh. There have been 3 Jurassic Park films and only one of them was really good (The first one, obviously).
  • edited January 2011
    There is definately going to be a Jurassic Park 4. In actual fact there will be a new trilogy.

http://movies.sky.com/jurassic-park-new-trilogy-planned

That is confirmation enough.. the only question remains is when we will see it.
  • edited January 2011
    Except Joe Johnston wouldn't know more about the project than Spielberg, Kennedy, and Marshall, and according to them, it's extinct.
  • edited January 2011
    hey have said that they are making another Jurassic Park, but not in coellation with the other three movies meaning no Dr. Grant, Kids, Malcolm, Sattler etc. etc. But they are creating a completely new series all together
  • edited January 2011
    No, they're not. Joe Johnston, who gave us this information, was a hired gun brought onto the series for one film...Kennedy and Marshall are the co-founders of Amblin Entertainment with Spielberg, and have been close to the franchise since the beginning, and they say the series is extinct, unfortunately...
  • edited January 2011
    robotpo wrote: »
    No, they're not. Joe Johnston, who gave us this information, was a hired gun brought onto the series for one film...Kennedy and Marshall are the co-founders of Amblin Entertainment with Spielberg, and have been close to the franchise since the beginning, and they say the series is extinct, unfortunately...

*Coughs* Annnd if it's extinct why is there a game coming out?
  • edited January 2011
    Ummm...we're talking about about the film series, are we not? This is a thread about Jurassic Park 4, not the franchise in general. :rolleyes:
  • edited January 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    *Coughs* Annnd if it's extinct why is there a game coming out?

One would imagine the same reason as the extinct Back to the Future movie franchise. It's popular and the games will (presumably) sell.
  • edited January 2011
    Did you all notice that Parenthood was on the schedule as well???

It's a tv-series.... just like Desperate Housewives, which is also on the schedule. :rolleyes:

Masta23 wrote: »
    There is definately going to be a Jurassic Park 4. In actual fact there will be a new trilogy.

http://movies.sky.com/jurassic-park-new-trilogy-planned

That is confirmation enough.. the only question remains is when we will see it.

NEW?There isn't even an old trilogy! haha what a joke.
  • edited January 2011
    I could get behind all new characters and a new story..... But I would not want a remake/reboot situation.
  • edited January 2011
    I agree...never do "a bunch of characters stuck on an island" again...except in the video game!
  • edited January 2011
    I could get behind all new characters and a new story..... But I would not want a remake/reboot situation.

Like they did with Batman?
  • edited January 2011
    PainDealer wrote: »
    Like they did with Batman?

Well JP doesn't need a reboot... The first old Batman was good the rest are lame so that did need a reboot.... But the First JP is a great film in my opinion..
  • edited January 2011
    Well JP doesn't need a reboot... The first old Batman was good the rest are lame so that did need a reboot.... But the First JP is a great film in my opinion..

89 and Returns, were both good batman movies. I second the great film opinion.
  • edited January 2011

Nah. As evidenced earlier in the thread, this was debunked almost as soon as it was posted. :) Can't really be bad news if it was never considered true to begin with.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.