Telltale's Game Informer surprise is Jurassic Park! (Article online now)

123457»

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I've read that this game takes place both during JP1 and after. If that's true I hope you get to explore the actual park before the dinos break out. It would be fun to see the exhibits, explore the Visitors Center and stop for some of that ice cream that was spared no expense! :P
  • edited January 2011
    Nik738 wrote: »
    Whats the release date for the game, I dont remember reading it anywhere

Expect it in the second half of 2011, after BttF finishes its run.
  • edited January 2011
    It's due 'Spring 2011' according to the GameInformer sidebar, so episode 1 should probably be released In March, April or May (is that the US definition of 'Spring?).
  • edited January 2011
    jp-30 wrote: »
    It's due 'Spring 2011' according to the GameInformer sidebar, so episode 1 should probably be released In March, April or May (is that the US definition of 'Spring?).

The US definition of 'Spring' is when we're not freezing our butts off. :p
  • edited January 2011
    It has been a while since they have had more than one series running at the same time but if they said spring then we could be seeing it in the coming months. I'm really looking forward to playing JP so if that is the case it's very exciting :D
  • edited January 2011
    holy crap i'm way pumped for this game after reading the gameinformer article.. i mean, i was excited before, but after reading about the characters, and seeing the concept art, and knowing that they're modeling the gameplay somewhat like Heavy Rain. Holy crap i'm ready.

i played the heavy rain demo, and the first thing that popped into my head was "holy crap this is how they need to do the Jurassic Park game" it's perfect. the only thing more i could ask for is if Rockstar got the license, and turned it into an open world, like RDR, but i'll gladly take this. =D

i've been waiting for a great JP game since the SNES days, this is my all time favorite movie franchise, (you know the way too hardcore star trek dorks? i'm like that about jurassic park lol) and it's about time someone did it justice..
  • edited January 2011
    I really want Telltale to release a trailer! I can't wait to see this game in action!! I'm hoping Ian Malcom is in this at one point or another. I wanna hear more of his Chaos Theory theories. :)
  • edited January 2011
    The article in Game Informer says you won't be meeting Grant, Malcolm etc.
  • edited January 2011
    Argh...what a shame. I wonder if the reason behind that is because Telltale couldn't get the actors to reprise their roles. In any case, I just hope to hear at least three words, original actor's voice or not, "Welcome..to Jurassic Park".
  • edited January 2011
    I'm waiting for a trailer as well. I can't wait till they have the Jurassic Park page up and running like the BTTF page.
  • edited January 2011
    The article in Game Informer says you won't be meeting Grant, Malcolm etc.

But they said they will be referenced. They didnt say there wont be a short encounter either, only that you wont be able to play as them.
  • edited January 2011
    I read it differently to you, I guess.
    You won’t get the chance to wear sunglasses at night with Jeff Goldbum’s character Dr. Ian Malcolm, or have an unintentionally flirtatious conversation between Dr. Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler – although most of these characters are referenced.

I take that as Malcolm, Sattler and Grant are not in-game, although they will be mentioned by other characters.
  • edited January 2011
    I read it differently to you, I guess.

I take that as Malcolm, Sattler and Grant are not in-game, although they will be mentioned by other characters.

That is what I get from it as well.... I think we will see some of the same areas as those characters at different times... I think it would be pretty cool to see the T-rex attack from far away, too far to actually help them.
  • edited January 2011

That's what I gathered, too. And it would make sense, if this really takes place on the island right after the movie.

Still, I seem to recall some early previews of ToMI used language that implied that Stan and Murray wouldn't show up, so who knows for sure?
  • edited January 2011
    They never said that Stan or Murray would not be in the game... they just didn't confirm it either.
  • edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    They never said that Stan or Murray would not be in the game... they just didn't confirm it either.

I meant outside articles, not official Telltale sources. I can't remember which ones, but there were definitely a few that implied a lack of recurring characters.

Granted, this information was likely based on a playthru of the first few minutes of episode one, but my point is, just because there's no sign of Malcom, Grant, or Sadler NOW doesn't mean there might not be in the future.
  • edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I think it would be pretty cool to see the T-rex attack from far away, too far to actually help them.

I had that same thought lol!
  • edited January 2011
    We should get some news on Feburary 14th.

Apparently, Telltale will also be showing a new project their working on which is strongly rumored to be The Walking Dead.
  • edited January 2011
    February 17th.
  • edited January 2011
    Apparently, Telltale will also be showing a new project their working on which is strongly rumored to be The Walking Dead.

Five new projects. :D
  • edited January 2011
    Let's just all agree that everything I just said was inaccurate. XD

BUT! One of those new projects it's truly most likely TWD.
  • edited January 2011
    Let's just all agree that everything I just said was inaccurate. XD

BUT! One of those new projects it's truly most likely TWD.

This is true :)
  • edited January 2011
    Telltale is making a game based on The walking dead? The comic or the TV-Series? And why is it likely, did anyone from the team said that? Cause that would be awesome! Would be interesting to see a zombie game wich is not about shooting!
  • edited January 2011
    Nope they have not said they were... its just an educated guess that could end up being completely wrong... They have to be giggling themselves silly over our speculating.
  • edited January 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    Telltale is making a game based on The walking dead? The comic or the TV-Series? And why is it likely, did anyone from the team said that? Cause that would be awesome! Would be interesting to see a zombie game wich is not about shooting!

Really? It sounds like the opposite of interesting to me...
  • edited January 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    Really? It sounds like the opposite of interesting to me...

Falanca = trollface.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    There rumors are that Telltale is working on a newly popular comic-turned-television series game adaptation. Put two and two together and you've got yourself The Walking Dead.
  • edited January 2011
    It sounds great. Cant wait for so long...
  • edited January 2011
    Sisyphus wrote: »
    Can customs check it if they want?

Don't know he bought in while living in the US and ordered it from a domestic seller.

I think he cleared through customs on his way back to Norway though.

I got the Dodgson reference in case you wondered.
  • edited January 2011
    Dodgson, Dodgson...WE'VE GOT DODGSON HERE!!
  • edited January 2011
    Dodgson, Dodgson...WE'VE GOT DODGSON HERE!!

See nobody cares :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.