New Trailer!

edited February 2011 in Jurassic Park
So, what did you guys think of the new trailer?

Seems like the game is based heavily on the first movie after all

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Ummm...Up until the T-rex roar I liked it.

Bought it because well...it was jurassic park, and the voice acting needs to be worked on.
  • edited February 2011
    Where???
  • edited February 2011
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    Where???

Front Page.
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah, what was with the T-Rex's roar? It sounded like someone doing a bad Chewbacca impression.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm at work and can only view Youtube videos on my phone. Can someone please post a youtube link to the trailer please?
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah, what was with the T-Rex's roar? It sounded like someone doing a bad Chewbacca impression.

I like to call it the general lackluster T-rex roar, it has been used in dino crisis, and other dinosaur games.
  • edited February 2011
    Freakin' awesome!!! But why did they use the Rex roar from Carnivores?
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    People who hasn't watched; http://www.telltalegames.com/jurassicpark ---AND GOT NINJA'D.

I say it shows that they gave a lot more work to this project, compared to the effort they've given to BTTF so far. Still, not interested in franchise, but I'm happy that fans will be getting an actual game.
  • edited February 2011
    If I see it correctly, the graphics are the same as Back to the future... and that is a bad move! Back to the future is a "comedy" game, so, the cartoon look is cool, but for JP... really??? The T-Rex looks like it's made of LEGO >_> this game looks like a port of a PS2 game that got it's release on the Wii...

Yeah... I hated the presentation, the voice-acting, the actual sounds (wtf happened to the terryfing voice of the T-Rex???), the animation... Today I just watched JP again, and this game looks like a joke and fan made >_> sry, I needed to say this, I just love JP too much.
  • edited February 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    People who hasn't watched; http://www.telltalegames.com/jurassicpark ---AND GOT NINJA'D.

I say it shows that they gave a lot more work to this project, compared to the effort they've given to BTTF so far. Still, not interested in franchise, but I'm happy that fans will be getting an actual game.

So far, it looks good, and if that is the actual Tyranosaurus roar, I'm going to be upset.
  • edited February 2011
    From the store page descryption: • Inspired by Heavy Rain … delivers drama, tension and peril-filled thrill ride, with life and death hanging in the balance

So... how will the YOU CAN DIE thing work with the episodic format then, eh?
  • edited February 2011
    Hmm, 5 dollars off as a pre-order bonus. Guess they ran out of free game coupons.

I'm sure I'll pick it up, after all, I've sold my soul to pay for Tales, and now I have to buy everything Telltale puts out.
  • edited February 2011
    BioDio wrote: »
    If I see it correctly, the graphics are the same as Back to the future... and that is a bad move! Back to the future is a "comedy" game, so, the cartoon look is cool, but for JP... really??? The T-Rex looks like it's made of LEGO >_> this game looks like a port of a PS2 game that got it's release on the Wii...

Comparing BTTF to Jurassic Park and deciding on putting BTTF into the "Comedy" bag is pretty harsh, but it's true the franchises aim for different physical reactions and emotions.

For Telltale standarts, the graphics look pretty impressive. Especially the T-Rex. I think the high-res works of big rich companies blind your view (just what the HELL was with that Arkham City trailer? amazing!), but I can't really judge you. Still, it's a video game, and I say even though this isn't on par with many other titles out there by the terms of graphics, it still shows how much the genre of video gaming accomplished so far.
  • edited February 2011
    First off I think it looks really good, the roar was weak but I can live with that. I have a question though. Do you guys know if I will be able to download and play this game on my macbook pro, bc I would like to pre order it but wanna make sure it'll work on my comp first. Thanks.
  • edited February 2011
    For Telltale standarts, the graphics look pretty impressive.

Really toutching... I'm not a.. .. "fan" of TT, and I really REALLY like Lego Star Wars saga... but this is just stupid...

JP is like.. .. horror/drama (it still is horror, well.. maybe thriller.. action... adventure... wtv... it's all that) and I would be thinking in an artistic point of viw, more like batman or heavy rain maybe. Something more dark and detailed. The characters look bland, just like a cartoon. I don't wan't a cartoon network tv show... I want something visceral and believable... >_> this is still not the JP "campaing" I was looking for... operation genesis is still my fav JP game!
  • edited February 2011
    Really toutching... I'm not a.. .. "fan" of TT, and I really REALLY like Lego Star Wars saga... but this is just stupid...

JP is like.. .. horror/drama (it still is horror, well.. maybe thriller.. action... adventure... wtv... it's all that) and I would be thinking in an artistic point of viw, more like batman or heavy rain maybe. Something more dark and detailed. The characters look bland, just like a cartoon. I don't wan't a cartoon network tv show... I want something visceral and believable... >_> this is still not the JP "campaing" I was looking for... operation genesis is still my fav JP game!

5.jpg

0.jpg

Yup, a cartoon for sure.
  • edited February 2011

I think your complaint here is as credible as demanding a sandbox BTTF game. I'm pretty sure it's the best the company can pull off at the moment. 3D rendering and texturing is a hard thing. Coming from a small company that specialized on cartoony graphics so far (excluding CSI games that had weird chunky 3D models), watching the trailer just amazes me. And I'm not even a fan of JP.
  • edited February 2011

Your not even comparing Jurassic Park at all in the right Category my friend. Well if you don't want it don't buy it, and my favorite version is the Sega Genesis, and I'm sorry...if your not playing the game for the story, and just judging it by Graphics...then there is something wrong about you calling yourself a Jurassic Park Fan.
  • edited February 2011
    I think your complaint here is as credible as demanding a sandbox BTTF game. I'm pretty sure it's the best the company can pull of at the moment. 3D rendering and texturing is a hard thing. Coming from a small company that specialized on cartoony graphics so far (excluding CSI games that had weird chunky 3D models), watching the trailer just amazes me. And I'm not even a fan of JP.

I guess you are right... I'm being too harsh...but this company has been around at least from mega drive I think...couldn't they make an original game instead of allways doing games from movies? They aren't bad, but they aren't that great either... it just... ... I don't know... I still was expecting a whole lot more from JP game than this...

Anyway... we all know this game will be better than JP3 or... .. lol JP4 =p
  • edited February 2011
    and I really REALLY like Lego Star Wars saga

That's Traveller's Tales. This is Telltale.

It's OK. You're not the first person to make that mistake and you won't be the last either.

Anyway, the graphics seem pretty...eh, but there's still time to improve them. Also, the first episode is really coming out in April? But I already bought Back to the Future! My poor wallet!
  • edited February 2011
    I guess you are right... I'm being too harsh...but this company has been around at least from mega drive I think...couldn't they make an original game instead of allways doing games from movies? They aren't bad, but they aren't that great either... it just... ... I don't know... I still was expecting a whole lot more from JP game than this...

Anyway... we all know this game will be better than JP3 or... .. lol JP4 =p

Puzzle Agent was an original game. But it was in 2D, you know, therefore it's a bad game.
  • edited February 2011
    That's Traveller's Tales. This is Telltale.

It's OK. You're not the first person to make that mistake and you won't be the last either.

O_O

I... ... FORGET EVERYTHING I SAID!!!

JUST... JUST.... FORGET IT!!!

this JP game looks awesome.. I'm gonna buy it...
    cya!!
  • edited February 2011
    So you have the rights to JP, and you don't use the T-Rex roar....whats wrong with you?

Looks impressive so far, hope to see gameplay soon.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm disappointed in a few areas, but I must say the overall product is looking really good. I can't wait for April.

Also, I hope John Williams Jurassic Park theme is included in the game. Telletale NEEDS to make that happen.
  • edited February 2011
    Hell yeah! It looks awesome. I'm completly satisfied with how it looks. I'm going to pre-order tomorrow when I get paid. I'm really, really, excited about this. I also like that the characters don't look stiff. I'm playing BTTF right now on the PS3 and my main complaint is how stiff the characters are and was worried that the same would happen here but over all it looks great. Can't wait to see more.
  • edited February 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Your not even comparing Jurassic Park at all in the right Category my friend. Well if you don't want it don't buy it, and my favorite version is the Sega Genesis, and I'm sorry...if your not playing the game for the story, and just judging it by Graphics...then there is something wrong about you calling yourself a Jurassic Park Fan.

I still hold Jurassic Park on Genesis as the best movie to game adaptation ever made. It was just plain fun, had great midi music and massive replay value. Hell, after 20 years, my Genesis still works, I still have my copy of JP, and I still play it on a regular basis... Yes, I still play it.

I even made the first two levels in LittleBigPlanet.
  • edited February 2011
    ...this stinks.

What? Oh, no, not the trailer! The trailer's awesome! But PC/Mac only...that's what stinks. My laptop can barely handle BttF on low settings. This sucker would chew my laptop up and spit it out. If no console is announced, then I'll have to give this a pass. :(
  • edited February 2011
    I like the more serious tone for a Telltale game. Looking forward to it
  • edited February 2011
    I'm pretty sure that the first BTTF trailer said PC/Mac on it too and look what happened to that. It's on the PS3 now. I'm sure we will here something sooner or later about it coming out on console. I'm hoping PS3 but hell, mutly platform would be great. Everyone needs to play this game. It looks awesome. lol

I wanted to add that I like that the game seems to be dark. The way the trailer starts is actually almost creepy. lol The T-Rex looks great too. As well, as the raptors. And I can't wait to figure out what the glowing eye's creatures are.
  • edited February 2011
    Wow!!!! Looks great, and arriving in April :)

Only thing, as many have picked up on, that T-Rex roar was quite distracting. Haha.

"Chewie...Chewie is that you?!"

Really hoping you guys can get the rights to the somewhat iconic T-Rex roar that sounds like a cross between an angry elephant, an alligator, and some kind of fighter jet crashing into a swamp. I'm positive what was used in the last shot of the trailer was just temp sound right?
  • edited February 2011
    If this doesn't get released on PS3 then there's a good chance that I'll pass on this. Sad but true.
  • edited February 2011
    LOL it does sound a bit like Chewie doesn't it.

But I actually think that's the T-Rex roar from Dino Crisis and/or Carnivores. Not sure why they would use it. I'm hoping it's not in the actual game cause the JP T-Rex roar is very iconic. It's up there with Godzilla's roar. But I don't think we have to worry. I mean, they had the Dilo's and Raptors sounds spot on. Maybe they couldn't find the roar when they were editing the trailer together. lol
  • edited February 2011
    5/10

The mud at the begging looks horrifying. The animations look rushed and not very fluent. The models are okay, still a little cartoon but not too bad.

As for that T-Rex roar... unless it was some kind of hidden Easter egg hinting that Tell Tale are after the rights to the Star Wars movies, I honestly have no idea what the hell they were thinking. Just use the ones from the movie, please. C'mon.

And what's with the glowing eyes appearing? Are you serious? Please, tell me that was some of the beloved Tell Tale humor gone wrong.

Voice acting looks sweet, and even though we can't tell much about the story, it all seems good so far in that department.
  • edited February 2011
    "The mud at the begging looks horrifying."

Now that's being WAY over critical.

"And what's with the glowing eyes appearing? Are you serious? Please, tell me that was some of the beloved Tell Tale humor gone wrong."

Those are the new Nocturnal dinosaurs that were talked about in the GI article. No one know what they are yet but the eys glowing aren't meant to be anything supernatural. At least I hope not.
  • edited February 2011
    I don't know why people are saying it looks cartoony. It think you guys did a terrific job on this. I cannot wait for this.

the only negative thing is the T-Rex roar. that's the only thing wrong with it.
  • edited February 2011
    I agree. I don't think it looks cartoony at all. I mean, it's not ultra realistic. But it's not sam and max either. I'm pleased with the graphics and character designs.
  • edited February 2011
    evil_rex wrote: »
    The animations look rushed and not very fluent
    They look a LOT more appealing than the ones in BTTF, again.

My posts in this thread are pretty redundant actually...
  • edited February 2011
    I'm pretty sure that the first BTTF trailer said PC/Mac on it too and look what happened to that. It's on the PS3 now. I'm sure we will here something sooner or later about it coming out on console. I'm hoping PS3 but hell, mutly platform would be great. Everyone needs to play this game. It looks awesome. lol

I hope you're right about that.
  • edited February 2011
    WookT-Rex was a little...weird, but it's good to be back to Isla Nublar. :D I'll hold out hope that they'll fix it in the actual release.

Now the waiting game to find out what the heck is going on with the consoles.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.