Nostalgia Critic - The Lost World: Jurassic Park

I thought you guys might enjoy this. The popular internet critic and comedian The Nostalgia Critic reviews The Lost World: Jurassic Park, and tells us all why this is the biggest pile of shit he's ever seen.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/29828-the-lost-world-jurassic-park

Enjoy.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I've seen several of his videos. He's funny but I don't always agree with him. Although, there's always the chance that he actually likes those movies and he's just making fun of them for laughs. I liked his video for Godzilla 1998. That was a good one.
  • edited February 2011
    Meanwhile, the guy's favorite movie is probably "Jackass 3". :cool:

Thanks so much for sharing.
  • edited February 2011
    robotpo wrote: »
    Meanwhile, the guy's favorite movie is probably "Jackass 3". :cool:

Thanks so much for sharing.

Nah, it's Terry Gilliam's Brasil, which is quite the excellent movie.
  • edited February 2011
    Just tried to watch the video, couldn't get 20 seconds in. Of course, I'm a Woody Allen/Monty Python/Lewis Black/Bill Maher junkie, so I'm used to something with, ya know...actual wit.

God, was that awful...:(
  • edited February 2011
    Just tried to watch the video, couldn't get 20 seconds in. Of course, I'm a Woody Allen/Monty Python/Lewis Black/Bill Maher junkie, so I'm used to something with, ya know...actual wit.

God, was that awful...:(

Trollface.jpg goes here

You sir have no sense of humour.

I mean, you cannot avoid the fact that The Lost World is just so many leagues worse then the first film.
  • edited February 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    Trollface.jpg goes here

You sir have no sense of humour.

I mean, you cannot avoid the fact that The Lost World is just so many leagues worse then the first film.

Not really, but it's true I cannot avoid the fact that the Nostalgia Critic is many leagues worse than The Lost World AND the original film!! He's more on-par with JP3, actually... :cool:

A would-be hipster doofus on the internet with no coherent points whatsoever does not = comedy.
  • edited February 2011
    Ooof, AGAIN I'm seeing this conversation?

I'm okay with his reviews. He makes decent points, but sometimes it's true that when he tries to make things entertaining, he sometimes resorts to old jokes. He can be pretty funny time to time though. I think his reviewing covers it up. As for his projects that have NO reviews in it, like Kickassia... It's just a pile of crap.

I see that hating on NC is a cool thing to do on Encyclopedia Dramatica and /b/, but I have yet to see a good explanation behind such a hatred. He's okay, what he does is okay, and hell he's one of the GOOD reviewers on his page. If he bores you (in 20 seconds, and you think he's not funny and he's witless although obviously you did not show him enough time to actually present you SOMETHING), try to watch Linkara. Oh my god so pointless...
  • edited February 2011
    No, I HAVE a sense of humor, which is why I didn't find this funny. :cool:

A ridiculously annoying would-be hipster doofus on the internet with no coherent points whatsoever does not = comedy.

And what was the thing about "no women would raise her hands over her head"? What...?

Name a situation inwhich someone is screaming in shock and raises her hands over her head.
  • edited February 2011
    Well.... I though it was funny. And this is coming from someone who has enjoyed all the films.
  • edited February 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    Oh my god so pointless...

Nice summary of this "Nostalgia Critic" thing...
    Name a situation inwhich someone is screaming in shock and raises her hands over her head.

No one cares what an extra is doing with her arms...

Rifftrax's take on the original JP is hilarious. This guy makes me wish the government would just deny the internet to certain people like happened on a national level in Egypt. :cool:
    Well.... I though it was funny. And this is coming from someone who has enjoyed all the films.

I would have found it funny had the guy not had the wit of Carrot Top and the voice of Gilbert Godfried.
  • edited February 2011
    No one cares what an extra is doing with her arms...

Rifftrax's take on the original JP is hilarious. This guy makes me wish the government would just deny the internet to certain people like happened on a national level in Egypt. :cool:

Well, Rifftrax specifically gave the Nostalgia Critic his own Rifftrax Presents to be featured on the site and find him rather funny.

You make no sense with your logic. First, she's not an extra, and second, IF THE MOVIE DOES SOMETHING WRONG YOU POINT IT OUT IN A REVIEW
  • edited February 2011
    Well, Rifftrax specifically gave the Nostalgia Critic his own Rifftrax Presents to be featured on the site and find him rather funny.

You make no sense with your logic. First, she's not an extra, and second, IF THE MOVIE DOES SOMETHING WRONG YOU POINT IT OUT IN A REVIEW

No, if a film has problems with its story, characters, dialogue, thematic material, editing, directorial vision or aesthetic or narrative or whatever, you should point it out...which TLW does have a couple, so if the putz had come up with an actual point, I'd listen to his crappy internet thing...

Then there's clueless nitpicking and hysterical screeching, which is what the guy in question seems to be good at. :cool:
  • edited February 2011
    No, if a film has problems with its story, characters, dialogue, thematic material, editing, directorial vision or aesthetic narrative or whatever, you should point it out...which TLW does, so if the putz had come up with an actual point, I'd listen to his crappy internet thing...

Then there's clueless nitpicking and hysterical screeching, which is what the guy in question seems to be good at. :cool:

Then you'd love the Room due to it's complex plot and ingenious theme.
  • edited February 2011
    A would-be hipster doofus on the internet with no coherent points whatsoever does not = comedy.

If you really only got twenty seconds in, you missed his coherent points about "Why are there so many continuity errors with the first film?" "Why do the T-Rexes return?" and so on.

But keep in mind, Doug is a comedian first and foremost. The Nostalgia Critic is a fictional character. It's okay if you don't find his jokes funny, but it seems a bit odd to criticize a comedian for nitpicking instead of making a legitimate review.
  • edited February 2011
    Nice summary of this "Nostalgia Critic" thing..

I am rubber and you are glue. Poopie head, poopie head, that's how I argue.

Yeah that didn't really rhyme.
  • edited February 2011
    doggans wrote: »
    If you really only got twenty seconds in, you missed his coherent points about "Why are there so many continuity errors with the first film?" "Why do the T-Rexes return?" and so on.

But keep in mind, Doug is a comedian first and foremost. The Nostalgia Critic is a fictional character. It's okay if you don't find his jokes funny, but it seems a bit odd to criticize a comedian for nitpicking instead of making a legitimate review.

Well, if he goes into the actual PLOT, then I'll give another shot. He still sounds like Gilbert Godfried, however. :eek:
  • edited February 2011
    Well, if he goes into the actual PLOT, then I'll give another shot. He still sounds like Gilbert Godfried, however. :eek:

He does go into the actual plot quite a bit, and he makes good points quite often in his reviews. Although, I'll admit his earlier reviews did this a lot less and went for comedy a lot more. You kind of have to cut him some slack though, because he gets skewered by his own fanbase sometimes if he doesn't meet their expectations of how much comedy should be in each review or whatever. The man will stick by his guns, though. If he doesn't think a joke is funny, he won't do it.
  • edited February 2011

The Plot... dude, he covers the whole freaking movie. lol
  • edited February 2011
    This dude is a douche who made this video for laughs but no real truth about the movie, he doesn't explore any of the good parts, but only the parts that he thinks are bad because he is a crappy movie critic... I LOVE U JURASSIC PARK!!!!! :o
  • edited February 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    This dude is a douche who made this video for laughs but no real truth about the movie, he doesn't explore any of the good parts, but only the parts that he thinks are bad because he is a crappy movie critic... I LOVE U JURASSIC PARK!!!!! :o

All I'm saying, is the book is way better, just like Jurassic park is a better book than the movie.
  • edited February 2011
    I think we can all agree that The Novel of The Lost World is better than the movie. There were so many things touched on in the novel that didn't make it into the movie. But I still enjoyed TLW film. Especially when the trailer goes over the cliff. That's probably my favorite scene to watch out of the three films.
  • edited March 2011
    I think we can all agree that The Novel of The Lost World is better than the movie. There were so many things touched on in the novel that didn't make it into the movie. But I still enjoyed TLW film.

Agreed. I find something very appealing from TLW, the dark tone, the mystery of the prehistoric, natural world. Sure it had its flaws, but not at the level JP3 did...
  • edited March 2011
    did this guy do a review of the 1st?
  • edited March 2011
    That was hilarious. I loved it. Reminded my why I have never seen TLW since I left the cinema, in shock over how bad it was.
  • edited March 2011
    nagasadow wrote: »
    did this guy do a review of the 1st?

I wouldn't much see the point in that. As Mel Brooks said, ""It's easy to spoof a bad movie. A good movie, now that's hard." So therein, doing weekly reviews of Bad (although the Lost World is more mediocre then bad) is much easier than doing weekly reviews of good.
  • edited March 2011
    I think we can all agree that The Novel of The Lost World is better than the movie. There were so many things touched on in the novel that didn't make it into the movie. But I still enjoyed TLW film. Especially when the trailer goes over the cliff. That's probably my favorite scene to watch out of the three films.

That's my favourite scene too. I never get bored watching it.
  • edited March 2011
    I enjoyed TLW. I watched it yesterday and a lot of the things that Nostalgia Critic complains about can have an explanation.

I agree that Jeff Goldblum isn't the best actor though.
  • edited March 2011

LIES AND SLANDER THAT IS JUST PlAIN LIES AND SLANGER
  • edited March 2011
    Jeff Goldblum is an epic actor!!!!

Especially when it comes to "The Fly" and "Adam Resurrected".
  • edited March 2011

See, that's what I thought too until I saw "The Fly".
  • edited March 2011
    Nostalgia Critic's sense of humor is like that of Family Guy. It is niche, only certain people are going to find it funny. That's perfectly fine, after all there are many different types of comedy to entertain very different people.

I like Nostalgia Critic's sense of humor, and in the end that's all I care about. I don't care if someone dislikes him or not, that's their opinion, and that is just fine.
  • edited March 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »

He DID make this video for laughs. He's said many times that this is a character and not meant to be taken seriously. It's kind of his thing to dwell on the bad parts, he intentionally reviews bad movies, of course he focuses on the bad parts. If anything his reviews are a parody of the way things can be blown out of proportion by people on the internet. There's an occasional character he does called "Douchey McNitpick" which shows up just to berate him for any inconsistencies in his reviews.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.