New Trailer!

Comments

• edited February 2011
    "The mud at the begging looks horrifying."

Now that's being WAY over critical.

"And what's with the glowing eyes appearing? Are you serious? Please, tell me that was some of the beloved Tell Tale humor gone wrong."

Those are the new Nocturnal dinosaurs that were talked about in the GI article. No one know what they are yet but the eys glowing aren't meant to be anything supernatural. At least I hope not.

I remember in one of the books, there was mention of chameleon-esqu carnivorous dinosaur that was nearly invisible and usually hunted at night. Possibility.
  • edited February 2011
    I think the environments look pretty good, the character models could use some more detail and the roar was... off. I'm not super hyped about the game. It said somewhere that the game design is inspired by Heavy Rain, which is good because I'm hoping to see something other than a standard adventure which seems a little slow for a straight up action movie like JP. I will need to read and see more before I can get my excitement up about this one.
  • edited February 2011
    Hmmm...I wonder if we will get a pre-order forum?
  • edited February 2011
    I'm sooooo gonna pre-order!

PS: Oh, and for music lovers... Noticed the Carnivore motif at the end? ;)
  • edited February 2011
    Telekill wrote: »
    I remember in one of the books, there was mention of chameleon-esqu carnivorous dinosaur that was nearly invisible and usually hunted at night. Possibility.

Now that would be really cool. Carnotaurus from the Lost World novel did that. But carnotaurus were much larger than the animals in the trailer appear to be.
  • edited February 2011
    evil_rex wrote: »
    5/10

The mud at the begging looks horrifying. The animations look rushed and not very fluent. The models are okay, still a little cartoon but not too bad.

As for that T-Rex roar... unless it was some kind of hidden Easter egg hinting that Tell Tale are after the rights to the Star Wars movies, I honestly have no idea what the hell they were thinking. Just use the ones from the movie, please. C'mon.

And what's with the glowing eyes appearing? Are you serious? Please, tell me that was some of the beloved Tell Tale humor gone wrong.

Voice acting looks sweet, and even though we can't tell much about the story, it all seems good so far in that department.

Completely Disagree!
    10/10
    Since Trespasser I have never been captivated by such a small amount of art and wanted it so badly. The Rex roar is probalbly temporary and since the characters arent stiff like in BTTF, im loving this.
    Idk what u mean "whats with the glowing eyes" but they made it great! If you didnt know, those are the new dinosaurs that they added to Jurassic Park, its either like a Troodon or a hybrid/error unfixed by Wu before the accident at the park.
    This game, if it looks as good during gameplay as this trailer, will capture my attention more than Jurassic park: Trespasser, my favorite game of all time.
    I don't think that you should jump to conclusions because I promise you that Telltale worked their asses off for this and compared to things like Sam n' Max, this game will be historic in the Jurassic Park universe!

BTW: If you listen closely to Nedry's screams while the Barbosal can is shown, you will here a dinosaur roar that sounds similar (if not the same) as the audio files in Trespasser when you click on an icon on the start menu for those of you experienced with this amazing game... that truly was revolutionary!!!

Can't wait for more news Telltale, I'm officially a return customer after the first two episodes of BTTF and now this fine trailer!!! :D
  • edited February 2011
    Me and RexMaster are sold. lol
  • edited February 2011
    Wow that trailer was completely unimpressive :( I was expecting a LOT more from it....sigh...
  • edited February 2011
    JGennaro wrote: »
    Wow that trailer was completely unimpressive :( I was expecting a LOT more from it....sigh...

I'm glad you went into great detail to explain why it did not impress you.
  • edited February 2011
    Ah, the days when we considered ourselves lucky that the pixels resembled a person. Good times, good times.
  • edited February 2011
    lol I'm not old enough to remeber those days.
  • edited February 2011
    Any word on system requirements?
  • edited February 2011
    Really good but i want the t-rex roar of the movie :(
  • edited February 2011
    So, I noticed the GamesTrailer logo in the trailer and decided to go there and see if they had any coments on it yet and when I read the video discription it said this. "Return to Isla Sorna in the all-new adventure in the events following the first film!"

Isla Sorna? Somebody, didn't do their research. lol
    As for system requirements I don't see anything on that.
  • edited February 2011
    On the store page it says Isla Nubar.

I think it looks great and the premise sounds fantastic.

Edit: Oh, and I love the design of the website, with that background graphic of the island.
  • edited February 2011
    So, I noticed the GamesTrailer logo in the trailer and decided to go there and see if they had any coments on it yet and when I read the video discription it said this. "Return to Isla Sorna in the all-new adventure in the events following the first film!"

Isla Sorna? Somebody, didn't do their research. lol
    As for system requirements I don't see anything on that.

They also have it listed for all three of the consoles.
  • edited February 2011
    I would hope the offical game discription says Isla Nublar. lol At least Telltale know's what they're talking about. Gametrailers need to fix that. Might confuse some of the fan boys.

I noticed that they mentioned all three consoles as well. I wonder if it's true or if it's an error on their part. If it's true then that's awesome. It means a wider audience.
  • edited February 2011
    Telekill wrote: »

There was a young velociraptor in the first book that Dr. Grant observes as changing its skin colour like a chameleon, though he also observes that the adults do not have this ability.

I haven't read the second book yet, it's still on order, but perhaps there is a dinosaur in that like what you are describing.

Edit: After watching the trailer again the animals look small. They could be Compys. Either that or possibly a dinosaur we haven't seen yet.

Double edit: Telltale are talking up these mysterious dinosaurs.
    A new threat emerges: an eerie, nocturnal predator stalking the group, hunting them relentlessly across the island.
    So it's probably not Compys, that would be too anticlimactic.
  • edited February 2011
    I just want to say that considering the art style I'm used to seeing from TTGs, I'm VERY impressed with this trailer.

Granted I haven't seen their CSI game, but still. JP looks like a powerhouse in the graphics overhaul. I can only hope we don't see the same kind of comments I heard on some of the BTTF Let's Play videos where this franchise was the first time any of the fans ever played an adventure game.

Then agian, the trailer doesn't make it look like an adventure game.... It looks more like a running-away game.:p
  • edited February 2011
    I would hope the offical game discription says Isla Nublar. lol At least Telltale know's what they're talking about. Gametrailers need to fix that. Might confuse some of the fan boys.

I noticed that they mentioned all three consoles as well. I wonder if it's true or if it's an error on their part. If it's true then that's awesome. It means a wider audience.

They had BttF listed for all consoles until TellTale confirmed PC/Mac/PS3 only.
  • edited February 2011

BttF is PC/Mac/PS3 only now but after the season is completed it is likely it will be ported to the other consoles.
  • edited February 2011
    Still the only thing I want fixed is the Rex roar.
  • edited February 2011

Who are 'they'? News sites that misread the press release?
  • edited February 2011
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Who are 'they'? News sites that misread the press release?

Gametrailers.
  • edited February 2011
    That trailer was good untill the t rex roared WTF was that, some kind of a joke? The t rex from jp has one of the most distinctive roars and they pull a chewie ? nice...
  • edited February 2011
    It's the dinocrisis/carnavores t-rex roar. I'm sure it's for the trailer only. Or at least we're all hoping as much. But, yeah. Everything else looks great.
  • edited February 2011
    It's the dinocrisis/carnavores t-rex roar. I'm sure it's for the trailer only. Or at least we're all hoping as much. But, yeah. Everything else looks great.

It better be trailer only LOL
  • edited February 2011
    So there is where most of their current budget went. Anyways trailer does not really is gameplay trailer, so...
  • edited February 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    5.jpg

0.jpg

Yup, a cartoon for sure.

"You put those glasses back on Ukaraiah, and face the facts."

Is that a meme now?
  • edited February 2011
    Just don't go to the euphemism. That's a shure fire way to get eaten by a T-Rex
  • edited February 2011
    OMG it looks (At the risk of getting slated) BAD.

Looks Cartoonie... Or is that just a TellTale Thing? (i dunno)
    The Rex Roar HAHAHAHA. (What end of the Rex did that sound come from?)
    And i predict right here right now... It will be near miss after near miss after near miss (i.e about to get eaten ya get saved, about to get squashed ya get saved etc etc just like JP3).

Still looking 4wd to it tho.
  • edited February 2011
    I just died of excitement. The trailer made me go "HOLY
    SHIT
    !"
  • edited February 2011
    I still don't see where the whole "Looks Cartoonie' thing is coming from. Cartoonie as in what? I realize that these characters arn't ultra realistc looking like the people in Heavy Rain but it's not like they look like Link form Wind Waker (great game BTW)

I wouldn't really call the character designs cartoonie. Cartoonie for me is Link from Wind Waker. That's why they call him toon link. I would compare the character modles in TellTales Jurassic Park to the ones in Dead Rising 2.
  • edited February 2011
    WOW, I've never even seen a JP film.

But judging by that trailer, I'm so getting this!! The atmosphere, tension and the detail in human in scenery is just amazing for Telltale. :)
  • edited February 2011
    Just don't go to the euphemism. That's a shure fire way to get eaten by a T-Rex

I wouldn't go to the euphemism in Jurassic Park for a dollar and fifty cents.
  • edited February 2011
    Does everyone slating the game realise this is downloadable episodic release that is $30 for 5 episodes? ITS NOT A AAA GAME WITH $20m BUDGET!

I'm sure most people here do but not on Gametrailers. I'm trying to post the same thing there but their website isn't letting me.
  • edited February 2011
    Anyway, pre-ordered.
  • edited February 2011
    Does everyone slating the game realise this is downloadable episodic release that is $30 for 5 episodes? ITS NOT A AAA GAME WITH $20m BUDGET!

I'm sure most people here do but not on Gametrailers. I'm trying to post the same thing there but their website isn't letting me.

I can't tell. Are you saying that's a bad thing or a good thing? Cause 30 bucks for 5 episodes sounds like a good deal to me.

Edit: I pre ordered as well. lol I can't wait till April. I'll be getting it for the PS3 too if it comes that way.
  • edited February 2011
    I can't tell. Are you saying that's a bad thing or a good thing? Cause 30 bucks for 5 episodes sounds like a good deal to me.

Edit: I pre ordered as well. lol I can't wait till April. I'll be getting it for the PS3 too if it comes that way.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I mean that $30 for 5 episode is a VERY good thing but for that $30 you can't expect the same quality of graphics etc as you would for a $60 AAA game. IMO.

Edit: I still think it does look pretty good anyway!
  • edited February 2011
    Nice trailer. I am liking this graphics overhaul - the character models are especially encouraging, since they're not just re-using old ones. I don't know why people on the internet are complaining. Some people really need to stop living in a fantasy world of only AAA-looking games.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.