Need help with.. um.. this i guess

edited February 2011 in Jurassic Park
My pc is a piece of sh*t that has a hard time playing bttf. it jams all the time so i doubt it will be able to play jurassic park.
I dont know about this so dont call me stupid:p but do telltale games come out for the ps3? Not on playstation network, but in disc form i mean?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    They come out on other platforms but usually as a download. Sam & Max did get discs on the Wii though.
  • edited February 2011
    hmm interesting
    can anyone from telltale give me a definite responce?
  • edited February 2011
    Similar question, Does anyone know if a mac book pro would be able to handle this game. I really want to pre order but I don't want to do it if I can't play it on my laptop. In which case I hope we hear some news about a ps3 release.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Okay, both my answers are guesses and definitly not official at all, but here we go:

1.) Due to time constraints, we must assume that the engine used for JP is very, very similar to the BTTF one. The system requirements should be very comparable. If BTTF works OK on your system, chances are very good that Jurassic Park will, too. Don't hope for anything official anytime soon: The system requirements for BTTF were announced only five days before the first episode was out.

2.) A disc release for PS3: I think it was done with some of the previous games, but if you're hoping and waiting for it, you might grow a lot of grey hair in the next year(s). With the latest press releases, TTG have made clear that they're a download company primarily. I love retail releases, and I'm still in shock because the present JP PC/Mac deal doesn't seem to include a season DVD, and I still hope that you can buy all the new releases in stores somewhen, but the outlook, at the time, is not so good.

3.) A PSN release: Is, naturally, very probable.
  • edited February 2011
    ...I'm still in shock because the present JP PC/Mac deal doesn't seem to include a season DVD...

I will eat my and anyone else's hat if they don't produce a DVD to accompany the season.
  • edited February 2011
    Using the BttF-specs as a reference I'm wondering about a bit about the graphic cart requirements.

Does it have to be either an ATI or a Nvida cart to work or is it possible that the games run on other brands with comparable specifications?
  • edited February 2011
    Are there actually any specs giving for this game yet? I assume it's the sae as BTTF, But I'd rather not risk it.
  • edited February 2011
    Are there actually any specs giving for this game yet? I assume it's the sae as BTTF, But I'd rather not risk it.

No, as stated before, telltale posted the specs 5 days before BTTF came out, so be patient. They are working on that game first, and then they will focus more on JP.
  • edited February 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    No, as stated before, telltale posted the specs 5 days before BTTF came out, so be patient. They are working on that game first, and then they will focus more on JP.

Ah Well; I'll give it some time before I pre-order than.
  • edited February 2011
    The on screen controls for THIS VIDEO suggest it might be out on 360 - unless it's a PC with a 360 controller.

Don't know about PS3, but I imagine so given their recent track record.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.