Is the game all cinematic cut scenes?

edited February 2011 in Jurassic Park
From the demo video it seemed to look like it was one of those "Pressing Button Cut-Scenes." Like you see in some Action/Adventure games. Will the whole game be like that or will you be able to move around and explore?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    shamuboy wrote: »
    From the demo video it seemed to look like it was one of those "Pressing Button Cut-Scenes." Like you see in some Action/Adventure games. Will the whole game be like that or will you be able to move around and explore?

It's unknown to what extent you'll be able to move and explore within the game at this time. You should probably expect the action scenes to consist of "pressing button cut-scenes" (or QTEs as they're better known) but in between those action moments you'll be interacting with the environment and solving (fairly simplistic) puzzles.

At the moment it seems that the player will move from one area to another by accessing a security system network and selecting the relevant security camera angle, at which point you're character will (automatically) walk to that location. I doubt we'll have a true picture as to what level the player's involvement in movement will extend to until much closer to the first episodes release, which is during April.
  • edited February 2011

That sure is how it looked to me shamuboy, thank goodness they didn't do that to back to the future.
  • edited February 2011
    I really hope thats not the case.... Cause I would like to explore somewhat. And I'm sure a lot of other die-hard JP fans would to.
  • edited February 2011
    ...I would like to explore somewhat. And I'm sure a lot of other die-hard JP fans would to.

Well, there's always the bendy stretched armed, boob-a-rama glory that is Trespasser...

500px-JPT_DEgangsta.png
    As his skin ruptured and the precious goo of life evacuated from his body; Stretch Armstrong certainly regretted punching the dinosaur in its razor sharp mouth.

jurassic-park-trespasser--article_image.jpg
    In a last ditch effort to escape, Anne prayed the raptor was attracted to human females, or at the very least her snazzy tattoo.
  • edited February 2011
    Davies wrote: »
    Well, there's always the bendy armed glory of Trespasser...

I LOVE Trespasser! Most people don't even realize what it is. I play it almost every day. If we get a bendy arm like Anne then I really don't care!

;)
  • edited February 2011
    I LOVE Trespasser! Most people don't even realize what it is. I play it almost every day. If we get a bendy arm like Anne then I really don't care!

;)

Same, my favorite game of all time!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    Good to know there's some loving for Trespasser! It was way ahead of its time, doing the kind of physics based puzzling in an FPS environment some 6 years prior to Half Life 2. Of course it was also a deeply flawed game, with more bugs then the entire network of New York's sewer system put together. Not to mention more glitches then that time R2D2 upgraded to Vista and caught a sexual transmitted virus from a filthy comm port.

Great game though!
  • edited February 2011
    Trespasser is not a game, its an experience. It's unlike anything else, and its surprisingly good for its time and all the bad reviews it had.

I recommend playing some of the levels that the TresCom community made, particularly East Dock (which seems to have inspired TellTale), the TresCom Level and TC Isle. They even got to make the textures better and even add some scripted stuff. They are all fantastic.
  • edited February 2011
    Good to know there's some loving for Trespasser! It was way ahead of its time, doing the kind of physics based puzzling in an FPS environment some 6 years prior to Half Life 2. Of course it was also a deeply flawed game, with more bugs then the entire network of New York's sewer system put together. Not to mention more glitches then that time R2D2 upgraded to Vista and caught a sexual transmitted virus from a filthy comm port.

Great game though!

Haha! yes, i play this game for hours some days, i love it and have so many copies of the disk and guide. A remake has to happen and im happy to meet you becuase there are so few people who gave it a friggin chance!
  • edited February 2011

;)

Too bad it was released unfinished. They should remake it properly so it can be even BETTER. Trespasser FTW
  • edited February 2011
    I want to play it, but I can never find a copy of it for sale...and more less wait for it to be re-released on gog.
  • edited February 2011
    I payed an insane amount of money for Trespasser. lol But it was worth it. It came with the original large box and everything. The game is fun if you can look pass the glitches. The voice acting was good too.
  • edited February 2011
    I payed an insane amount of money for Trespasser. lol But it was worth it. It came with the original large box and everything. The game is fun if you can look pass the glitches. The voice acting was good too.

Yes the voiceovers were great with Lord Richard Attenborough (John Parker Hammond) and Minnie Driver (Anne or main character). It was a great game and i have bought several copies with full sized boxes and manuals for $20 each for the whole set each time... guess i just got lucky. For those of you that wanna get this game i'd recommend getting it now because at the rate its going, it could be worth 200-300 dollars for just the disk and manual sometime very soon!
  • edited February 2011
    Mine was around $85. This was from Amazon though. They're normally more expensive anyway. Should of got it on Ebay but this was before I was a buyer on ebay.
  • edited February 2011
    Mine was around $85. This was from Amazon though. They're normally more expensive anyway. Should of got it on Ebay but this was before I was a buyer on ebay.

Ya, I got VERY lucky, especially cuz i mailed in the cash each time since I dont use PayPal and i got an 85-100 dollar game for 20 dollars more than once and all three of my copies with manuals came new in the box. I really dont care though, I would give all of the money in my bank account for that game if I didn't find it for 20, and I would give all the money I have to have a good remake also!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    I payed 185 dollars for an unopend T-Rex from the original Kenner Jurassic Park toy line.

I'm that into Jurassic park. lol I'm actually almost done collecting series one. I just need to get the human figures and the cars.
  • edited February 2011
    I payed 185 dollars for an unopend T-Rex from the original Kenner Jurassic Park toy line.

I'm that into Jurassic park. lol I'm actually almost done collecting series one. I just need to get the human figures and the cars.

Haha, if ur looking for figures, lemme know and I'll see if im willing to sell any of them because for example, i have 3 series 1 Alan Grant and 2 of Dr. Sattler then mostly one of each of the rest of the figures and almost every other JP toy created, still missing some though. I have boxes and boxes and i've spent all my money on JP but lemme kno because if i have a duplicate i might feel generous!
  • edited February 2011
    You don't happen to have a sealed figures do you? Cause I'm mostly just looking for unopened items. I'm trying to get everying I lost in Katrina. I had loads of Jurassic Park stuff but one hurricane took care of that. But yeah, if you have any unopened stuff I'm intrested. you also might be interested in my youtube videos. I showcase and review my Jurassic Park collection. PM me about it though. We're off topic here. lol
  • edited February 2011
    You don't happen to have a sealed figures do you? Cause I'm mostly just looking for unopened items. I'm trying to get everying I lost in Katrina. I had loads of Jurassic Park stuff but one hurricane took care of that. But yeah, if you have any unopened stuff I'm intrested. you also might be interested in my youtube videos. I showcase and review my Jurassic Park collection. PM me about it though. We're off topic here. lol

Oh are those videos yours? lol, very nice. and yes i may have a few items you would be interested in and I am sorry about your loss to the hurricane. My family lived through that hurricane so I hate to say anything but dont you find it ironic your JP stuff was lost in a hurricane and so was half the sets in Kawai during the filming of the movie! :p
    Anyway, yeah, we are getting off topic as I was just about to say so lets move this convo to messages and get back to talking about cinematic cutscenes... and mebe Trespasser! :D
  • edited February 2011
    You must be on JPL as well :) Jurassic Park and Hurricanes.... they just don't mix well together. lol

You know, what exactly do we mean by the game being all cinematic cutscenes? Is he refering to the parts where the character is just standing there while you looking for things to click on as well? Cause I don't know if I consider those cinematic cutscnes. The T-Rex encounter though, I guess I would consider that a cinematic cutscene.

But hey! At least the scenes look great. They really do capture the feel of the films and it is simular to what Spielberg would do. The way the camera is low to the ground and all.
  • edited February 2011
    You must me on JPL as well :) Jurassic Park and Hurricanes.... they just don't mix well together. lol

You know, what exactly do we mean by the game being all cinematic cutscenes? Is he refering to the parts where the character is just standing there while you looking for things to click on as well? Cause I don't know if I consider those cinematic cutscnes. The T-Rex encounter though, I guess I would consider that a cinematic cutscene.

But hey! At least the scenes look great. They really do capture the feel of the films and it is simular to what Spielberg would do. The way the camera is low to the ground and all.

First, I'd like to say that, if you mean Jurassic Park Legacy by JPL, yes I am on their forums, I am RexMaster over there also!
    Anyway, back on topic, what you said is very true about how they capture the feel of Spielberg's films and atleast we get to play the cutscenes instead of completely watching them like in most games. I just ordered an xbox 360 wiereless controller receiver just so I can play this game with the xBox prompts when it comes out! Can't wait to play this game and I really need a new video or more screenshots on this game before i burst!!!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    I'm not going to use the XBOX controller. Never was a fan of the design. lol
    But I'm sure the game will be just as good without it.

And your right about being able to play the cutscenes. I know when I was playing the first EP. of Back to the Future and it got to the part where Marty was being chased by Tannen I was thinking to myself, "some QTE's would be great here." lol Actually, I though that whole scene could have been better. It wasn't as epic as the chases in the movies that took place in the same area.

I guess that's where the Jurassic Park game is better than the BTTF game. JP is going to be more cinematic.

I hope I don't sound like I'm basing the BTTF game. Cause I am enjoying it. I'm waiting for EP. 2 for the PSN.
  • edited February 2011
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    Trespasser is not a game, its an experience. It's unlike anything else, and its surprisingly good for its time and all the bad reviews it had.

I recommend playing some of the levels that the TresCom community made, particularly East Dock (which seems to have inspired TellTale), the TresCom Level and TC Isle. They even got to make the textures better and even add some scripted stuff. They are all fantastic.

Hello, I'm one of the two guys who made East Dock (and a forum admin at the Trespasser Community website). I did the models and helped with Level Design, Draconisaurus put the level together, sound design, and stars as the guy at the docks.

I will note that in the trailer the guy at the dock looks kinda like Draco did in East Dock and does kinda sound like him, haha.

IF East Dock inspired Telltale even slightly then I know we did something right, haha. They did make the same terrain mistake we did on East Dock with the wrecked jeep though. It should be a quarter of the way down the hill rather than on top.

Not that it would matter either way, East Dock is a derivative work so Universal could use anything they want from it.

Here's a video of East Dock for anyone wanting to see it:
    East Dock Gameplay by Draconisaurus

I will say that if you download it you better have a rather decent machine, there's a lot of vegetation so it kinda chugs on older slower computers. You can find it at TresCom
  • edited February 2011
    Nice to see you here, Hppav! I'm Microceratops at TresCom too :p

Anyways, people should really check those videos and play the levels! It will change your view on Trespasser.
  • edited February 2011
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    Nice to see you here, Hppav! I'm Microceratops at TresCom too :p

Anyways, people should really check those videos and play the levels! It will change your view on Trespasser.

Well until I finally get too play telltales Jurassic Park game I still say that Trespasser is the best Jurassic Park game out there.

And btw you guys at trescom are awesome some really interesting stuff on your site.
  • edited February 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    ...dont you find it ironic your JP stuff was lost in a hurricane and so was half the sets in Kawai during the filming of the movie!

Didn't you know? God hates any dinosaur related material because it proves that he doesn't exist.
  • edited February 2011
    Didn't you know? God hates any dinosaur related material because it proves that he doesn't exist.

God creates Dinosaurs, God destorys Dinosaurs, God creates Man, Man destroys God, Man creates Dinosaurs.
  • edited February 2011
    God creates Dinosaurs, God destorys Dinosaurs, God creates Man, Man destroys God, Man creates Dinosaurs.

Darn, I should've seen that coming!
  • edited February 2011

Dinosaurs eat man. Philosoraptor inherits the earth.
  • edited February 2011
    hppav wrote: »
    Dinosaurs eat man. Philosoraptor inherits the earth.

Fraggle Rock folk listen to the ruminations on the meaning of life via the Philosoraptor. Fraggle Folk eat dinosaurs. Jim Henson inherits the Earth. Jim Henson FTW!
  • edited February 2011
    I bought my copy off Ebay for 20 some bucks. The guy didn't ever play it just took it out of the box. Came with Box, disc never opened! I love it. I have a lot of levels and I play it almost every day.
  • edited February 2011

*like**like**like**like**like**like*
    But then u gotta ask why the movie and novels turned out so successful... mebe cuz it featured people dying because of others playing god...
  • edited February 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    But then u gotta ask why the movie and novels turned out so successful... mebe cuz it featured people dying because of others playing god...

Either that or Spielberg made a pact with the Beelzebub to get the film's production off the ground.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.