Wrong Raptor look.

edited February 2011 in Jurassic Park
I watched the trailer and realize that the Raptor's look is wrong.
It's based on 1st movie look, but they was wrong (not realistic). In fact, in third movie they have a different and corrected look.
Why you chosen the wrong look?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Because we dont want to be reminded of the awful third movie and we dont want to see big chickens either.

They are doing a license-based game and its the only acceptable decision to stick with (first) movie-canon and ignore scientific facts!
  • edited February 2011
    Raptors from JP are the best ones. The dinos from JP doesn't have to be completely like they were in real life either (since they aren't true "copies" of the real ones, they used other DNA to fill the gaps)
  • edited February 2011
    The source material of the game is the first film and so will use the science and dinosaur depictions from that.
  • edited February 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    They are doing a license-based game and its the only acceptable decision to stick with (first) movie-canon and ignore scientific facts!
    as if JP was scientifically accurate anyway. i'd rather have the look of things remain consistent instead of changing with every minor discovery there is.
  • edited February 2011
    Because we dont want to be reminded of the awful third movie and we dont want to see big chickens either.

I wouldn't call the third one awful.
  • edited February 2011
    The Lost World and JP3 took place on a different island than JP1, so it could simply be a different species of raptor. Also the island from the last two movies was where research and genetic experimenting took place. Remember, Spinosaurus wasn't on Ingen's dinosaur list. So they may have been tweaking the raptor formula.
  • bubbledncrbubbledncr Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2011
    The game is based on the first movie, so thus, the raptors look as they did in the first movie.
  • edited February 2011
    Telltale is a smart game company. They understand that JP3 was an aborted fetus of a sequel to a grand work of art. The JP1 raptors are perfect for what they are. There is no sense in making them look scientifically accurate when this is a game based off Jurassic Park. A film that was wrong from the start but we came to love the Dinosaurs anyway.
  • edited February 2011
    I watched the trailer and realize that the Raptor's look is wrong.
    It's based on 1st movie look, but they was wrong (not realistic). In fact, in third movie they have a different and corrected look.
    Why you chosen the wrong look?

Actually, the third movie had a wrong look too. The raptors were supposed to be smaller and they actually had a lot more feathers than just a few at the top of their heads. The Jurassic park movies have been wrong from the begining when calling them Velociraptor. There' just to darn big to be Velociraptors.

Also, this game takes place during and after the first film so it only make since that the dinosaur look the same as they did in the first film.
  • edited February 2011
    One thing I need to adress though is:

Was the raptors head really that wide and flat?

Raptor from the trailer:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2374&stc=1&d=1298133365

Raptor from the movie:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2375&stc=1&d=1298133365

Hopefully this will be changed till release!
  • edited February 2011
    One thing I need to adress though is:

Was the raptors head really that wide and flat?

Raptor from the trailer:
    Duckraptor

Raptor from the movie:
    Velociraptor

Hopefully this will be changed till release!

Yeah, they seem to be a bit too broad.
  • edited February 2011
    I am usually part of the stick to what is in the films camp... but I think I like the way they look better with the wider head.... They look meaner or something.
  • edited February 2011
    I think the wider head show's of their Malicious look better... better than the Narrow head, but raptors are raptors, and you can pick them out from the rest of the dino's so I think telltale did their job.
  • edited February 2011
    yeah, the head is wider but I still think it looks good.
  • edited February 2011
    Looking at the fans in the background that film shot has been stretched vertically... So I tweaked it.

raplb.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    my jurassic park memories >>>> how raptors really looked

I want it in tune to the ORIGINAL movie, realism be damned
  • edited February 2011
    70 millions in the future there'll be the same discussions after Ant-People paleontologists discover that Lions and other mammalian predators had fur. :p

(If the game is set during the first movie, then it's okay to stick to it's design, though.)
  • edited February 2011
    They're going for the "Dinobot from Beast Wars" look
  • edited February 2011
    I for one loved all three jurassic park movies. I think the look telltale got the raptors is spot on. They look AMAZING! and any true jp fan who respects themselves knows that the JP1 Raptors are the better looking ones. :D
  • edited February 2011
    Nice save Irishmile...

Just goes to show that people find something to bitch about. Had they actually watched the movie or had a real argument they'd be doing it with a image that wasn't strecthed vertically...

*sighs*
  • edited February 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Looking at the fans in the background that film shot has been stretched vertically... So I tweaked it.

raplb.jpg

Have I told you that I love you? :cool:

Edit: Btw, now that Irishmile found a flaw in this other dude's logic... is this relevant? I personally think (and this is after spending my life observing and learning the ways of the JP community) that Telltale's raptor is the most friggin legit raptor to the original JP raptors since the actual movie!
  • edited February 2011
    Maybe it's just because it's my ambition to be a film director (and as such I've studied a lot regarding all aspects of film production) but I don't know how anyone looked at that screen grab and didn't realise it was stretched. It was the first thing I noticed! As Irishmile pointed out; just look at the fans in the background or the fact that the whole image looks like Mr. Velociraptor has taken a trip to the carnival to gaze into one of those stretchy mirrors.
  • edited February 2011
    Davies wrote: »
    Maybe it's just because it's my ambition to be a film director (and as such I've studied a lot regarding all aspects of film production) but I don't know how anyone looked at that screen grab and didn't realise it was stretched. It was the first thing I noticed! As Irishmile pointed out; just look at the fans in the background or the fact that the whole image looks like Mr. Velociraptor has taken a trip to the carnival to gaze into one of those stretchy mirrors.

Sorry, my fault :p

I was looking in google for a picture of a raptor looking in the camera like in the screenshot and really didnt noticed it.

Still I think the snout of the original is more narrow, but that actually really is something to look over.
    And no, this doesnt mean I'm changing my opinion over the gameplay thing ;)
  • edited February 2011
    Sorry, my fault :p

Hey, no need for apologies (even if it's given with your tongue sticking out). It just looked obvious to myself is all.
    Still I think the snout of the original is more narrow

It is without a doubt narrower, even with the screen grab aspect ratio sorted out. In all honesty, I do prefer it that way but then that's just me nitpicking the thing to death.
  • edited February 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    Have I told you that I love you? :cool:

No.. but that is OK I just assume everyone does anyway. :D

I personally think they look great, as do the other dinosaurs we have seen so far... I think their animation we have seen looks pretty good too... maybe its because there are no real dinosaurs and its harder to spot flaws but I think they did a better job on them than they did on the humans... But like I said its easier to spot nonsense on a human.
  • edited February 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    Have I told you that I love you?!
    No.. but that is OK I just assume everyone does anyway. :D

Damn it, he's on to us people! Quick, hide the Irishmile shrine we set up, just throw a drape over it or something.

200534978-001.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=EDF6F2F4F969CEBD465343C293DFF74F3A7F69D76971C5C6FC775E31202BA54000123AA3B5A18ED0
    Move away, there's nothing to see here!
  • edited February 2011
    Davies wrote: »
    Damn it, he's on to us people! Quick, hide the Irishmile shrine we set up, just throw a drape over it or something.

Dont bother... IRISHMILE, SUPRISE!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    We do love you, Irishmile.
  • edited February 2011
    33426-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Green-Leprechaun-Frog-Wearing-A-Hat-Holding-A-Clover-And-A-Pot-Of-Gold-In-Front-Of-A-Green-Square.jpg
    An actual photograph of Irishmile upon hearing the confirmation of his widespread public adoration.
  • edited February 2011
    THAT IS OFFENSIVE!!! My pot of gold is not NEARLY as full.
  • edited February 2011
    THAT IS OFFENSIVE!!! My pot of gold is not NEARLY as full.

Sorry, no offense intended. Please allow me to make it up to you by sending a truckload of Guinness, potatoes and green tracksuits to you. I'll even hire a genuine Leprechaun to drive the truck. :p

P.S. I'm from Southern England, just thought it fair to provide you with some ammo after that tirade o' racism.
  • edited February 2011
    Nice touch with the drunk driver bit...

He's bloody Irish after all!
  • edited February 2011
    doodo! wrote: »
    Nice touch with the drunk driver bit...

He's bloody Irish after all!

Bu...but he promised me that he wouldn't touch the Guinness. He told me 'I'm as much a liar as I am short, to be sure' so I don...

...wait a minute! Damn it, never trust an Irish man...oh! No, I, uh... sorry! I didn't mean that you... I meant that... I'm deeply sorry. So very, very sorry.

embarrassed-chimp.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    mt-angel-or-semi-trailer-pickup-truck-accident.jpg

I wonder if he's alright...at least the truck got there.
  • edited February 2011
    doodo! wrote: »
    mt-angel-or-semi-trailer-pickup-truck-accident.jpg

I wonder if he's alright...at least the truck got there.

*ROFLMAO* Well, it's serves the little bugger right (the Leprechaun, not Irishmile)! I really hope that's not Irishmile's house, I think I've insulted him enough for 10 lifetimes.
  • edited February 2011
    I dont think the traffic cones are working.
  • edited February 2011
    I dont think the traffic cones are working.

My god, all of this just by asking if i told you I love you? Seems like my words have an effect.

PLEASE LET ME MEET THE TELLTALE TEAM MAKING JURASSIC PARK JUST TO THANK THEM AND COMPLIMENT THEIR WORK! :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.